darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Will Malefor be the main antagonist of Skylanders 6?
Page 1 of 1
Will Malefor be the main antagonist of Skylanders 6?
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#1 Posted: 02:03:26 03/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Malefor already appeared in the comics. I know what you're thinking: "But, Night Bomb Guy, the comics aren't canon to the games!" Yes. That is true. But a Malefor Skystone appears in Superchargers, most likely to hint the main antagonist of Sky 6.

P.S: Kaos might just be a secondary antagonist. smilie I HEARD THAT! Me: Sorry, smilie, but I'm hoping smilie's the main antagonist for once. Not you.
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:55 03/02/2016 by night bomb guy
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 02:14:52 03/02/2016
What are you even talking about, the IDW comics have always been canon. The questionable ones are the Minicomics, which have different art and clash with the lore books.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 02:17:29 03/02/2016
The moment Malefor appeared in the comics, fans thought he was going to be the main antagonist for SuperChargers pff

And yes, the IDW comics ARE canon to the series. They serve as midquels to the games.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:53 03/02/2016 by Aura24
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#4 Posted: 02:51:40 03/02/2016
This should go in the Skylanders section tbh.
---
words. letters. filler.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#5 Posted: 19:50:20 03/02/2016
He could be a regular antagonist?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#6 Posted: 19:51:57 03/02/2016
Quote: Iganagor
He could be a regular antagonist?

According to VV's writer, his main villainous virtue is that like Kaos he'll never accept someone above him. Malefor settles for NOTHING LESS than big bad unless manipulated.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:52:11 03/02/2016 by Bifrost
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#7 Posted: 22:59:16 03/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
What are you even talking about, the IDW comics have always been canon. The questionable ones are the Minicomics, which have different art and clash with the lore books.

Oh. Sorry. I didn't know.
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#8 Posted: 13:14:48 04/02/2016
Malefor is the villain we need. SuperChargers was a nice distraction but let's get a real villain.
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#9 Posted: 13:29:57 04/02/2016
As much as most people would want, they are never in a million years going to stop shoving Kaos down our throats.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#10 Posted: 13:53:07 04/02/2016
Quote: DarkPredator
As much as most people would want, they are never in a million years going to stop shoving Kaos down our throats.

Golden Queen. The Darkness. I don't think I need to make the point more clear than that because of spoilers, I hope.

Something they could definately work with is the fact Malefor does anything to get himself crowned according to the Q&A we had with David on deviantART(which,btw,has been a long time but I still give props to David for first showing he's improved at incredible speeds there). He could easily play off of (spoilers about SC's ending) and start hunting down villains to get their positions; attack the Spellhold to become lord of the Spell Punks, attack the Party Town to become Lord of the Underworld twice, etc etc. He's very much a character who wouldn't ally with anyone except for his own gain,so he could very much be a villain stomper for the plot.

Heck,if he's that desperate to be leader, he could even go after Cluck to rule over his chicken army. That's being better than a good number of living things in his eyes.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:40:41 04/02/2016 by Bifrost
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#11 Posted: 14:33:09 04/02/2016
Well, I would love it if he makes some kind of actual appearance in the next game for sure. He is what we need, he was actually pretty cool in the comics.
Kaos is probably gonna be there no matter what, but I'm still wanting Malefor.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#12 Posted: 14:55:57 04/02/2016
Since Kaos essentially agrees to be a "consultant on evil" for the good guys near the end of SuperChargers' storyline, it would be kind of hard to view Kaos as a scary and threatening villain in the future.

A new arch-villain would be OK with me.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#13 Posted: 15:04:25 04/02/2016
He's only doing that while he can't get powers of his own back,though(aaand it's a bit unclear if he's that powerless, since the only known Dark Portal Master things were the elemental spells and Doomsharks, the laser shooting head could very much be his Magic-affinity signature power). Kaos could very well be threatening again if he makes another contract with a world-threatening abomination, but for now it's easier to keep the competition from getting it first.
Malefor could be the perfect villain for that kind of dynamic but I wonder if it's too soon because of Golden Queen having similar interaction. They could play up the aspect of threat to other villains,as I said, or something else entirely.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:06:01 04/02/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#14 Posted: 15:06:37 04/02/2016
At most I see Kaos being a side villain in Sky 6, not the main one. As for Malefor, I say he'd be the most likely, but I also think they could introduce another new villain.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#15 Posted: 22:42:35 04/02/2016
Knowing Skylanders, smilie might be a villain similar to Kaos' Mom in SWAP Force, while smilie might be the main villain.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#16 Posted: 01:35:11 05/02/2016
I wish! He'd be a nice one to have. That one level (forgot it's name) where The Collector was showing off her cursed Malefor Skystones and quickly adding in "spoiler alert" kind of caught me off guard... Could be a possibility!
#17 Posted: 01:37:31 05/02/2016
It's probably spoiler alert since you only get one two levels later, unfortunately :I But hey, it's not from the lack of wanting, David mentioned all over the Q&A he wanted to write more about Mal.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#18 Posted: 23:20:02 05/02/2016
I think she only said spoiler alert because, well, they're cursed. She said right afterwards 'Don't touch', so it might have something to do with that.

Anyways, many are wanting a new villain, and Malefor is the closest we have to a hint of one. Any ideas for other villains to take Kaos's role? Maybe they could create a new villain.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#19 Posted: 23:54:59 05/02/2016
Count Moneybone would be a nice candidate. He had tons of personality as the main villain of SWAP Force and now he's on the console versions, so he may return.
#20 Posted: 00:16:40 06/02/2016
Moneybone made his appearance as the main villain in SC comic issue 4 which takes place after SuperChargers, trying to take over Skylands with his robot army and calling Kaos a traitor for siding with the Skylanders. He's been defeated by Fiesta though.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:17:54 06/02/2016 by Aura24
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#21 Posted: 01:48:24 06/02/2016
they might not have any choice if they want to up things to get people back. the only way to get the older players would be to do so. it would be a good purchase if they did. it would offer a nice wrap up of a big universe of lore if they just wanted to make side games after. otherwise anything they make beyond this point is just a pass. still haven't even played trap team or superchargers yet. got them but slowly getting there.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#22 Posted: 02:14:30 06/02/2016
They won't ever get the old fans back just by having Malefor. People complain enough that his backstory isn't a copy of DOTD and that Hex got to beat him so how dare the writers not make him an edgelord. Tons of people ragequit when Kaos was announced as the villain of SC again, but plenty were pleasantly surprised they made good use of him - just gotta apply that to someone else, no pandering.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:15:18 06/02/2016 by Bifrost
Vathekblackbelt Green Sparx Gems: 129
#23 Posted: 17:45:45 07/02/2016
I say yes and no the same time:

Yes: Because
At the end of Skylanders SuperChargers Kaos lives in the Skylanders academy and is kinda freindly to the Skylander and I think that it will take 1 game untill he will be evil again.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT

No: Because that some Spyro fans can get offended by Malefors design and I think that he only be a character in the comics and have a cameo in Sky6, but I don't think that Malefor needs to be the antagonist maybe another guy that is from THIS series.
---
This account stopped..
#24 Posted: 18:03:49 07/02/2016
He already made a cameo in SuperChargers as Skystones, along with Calliope.

They're not going to think about what the older Spyro fans think of Malefor since they are not the target audience.
---
#25 Posted: 19:04:24 07/02/2016
At the most,the issue is that he's our Ridley. For comparison's sake, he's about a meter lower than the Academy's main building,so for 3DS and Wii there could be issues with his model.
---
#26 Posted: 19:20:48 07/02/2016
Plus all the armor on him the devs have to polish and render.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#27 Posted: 00:13:12 11/02/2016
At the most,the issue is that he's our Ridley. For comparison's sake, he's about a meter lower than the Academy's main building,so for 3DS and Wii there could be issues with his model.

They should stop making Wii versions anyway and the 3ds can just have another villain i guess?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#28 Posted: 10:56:03 11/02/2016
From the look of things they'll just make Wii and 3DS the same,but if they do another spinoff instead of 'same game different gameplay and story' as before,they'll probably have to put Malefor in if he relates to the gimmick.

Or Beenox could be Beenox and absolutely butcher the model into something that can be rendered like they did to Nightfall and Fire Viper.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#29 Posted: 12:58:34 11/02/2016
But the 3DS version always has a different villain anyways so it's not an issue. If they continue making Wii and 3DS the same then surely that solves that issue.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6435
#30 Posted: 15:31:14 11/02/2016
They had malefor in the game count me in!
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#31 Posted: 15:32:30 11/02/2016
Idk how much longer they plan to support wii thou. I guess if it's jsut a port of the 3ds its fine but at some point the wii games will end.
#32 Posted: 15:36:19 11/02/2016
Eventually they'll be just dragging themselves down by keeping Wii if they can't even update it and the quality is no different than 3DS. And really,there are some super lazy choices in Racing that feel like could be fixed if Beenox had more time.

But back to Malefor. If,say,he's in 6,and,say, is a boss fight, hopefully it won't be a copy of Super Evil Kaos. No need for forced height changes and QTEs because he's too big; let's just do it like in the comics and make a mess even if you can't even see his face with the camera angle.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:33 11/02/2016 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#33 Posted: 17:23:36 12/02/2016
Wii was a "also ran" this year, they're better off concentrating for the core capable consoles. PS3 and Xbox 360 has a few more years left. I enjoy these epic bigger than life villains and then the goofy Kaos in tow. Kaos is completely ineffective as the main villain anymore, and the story really needs a threat.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#34 Posted: 17:44:11 12/02/2016
It seems they are finally understanding that they need to trump kaos some-how, while giving him character development in the background. V.V NAILED that story aspect this time around. Here's hoping T.F.B wont cling to the past and reverse V.V's progress in Skylanders 6.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:35 12/02/2016 by TrapShadowFan
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#35 Posted: 20:08:37 12/02/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
It seems they are finally understanding that they need to trump kaos some-how, while giving him character development in the background. V.V NAILED that story aspect this time around. Here's hoping T.F.B wont cling to the past and reverse V.V's progress in Skylanders 6.

Absolutely agree, they did an OUTSTANDING job.

I would just like to say something and believe me, I don't want to start another pointless "V.V. vs TfB" topic.
It's just an objective observation.

V.V. have been the ones removing figure's related features.
First they took away older Adventure Packs compatibility, in SWAP Force (I know, they would have had to re-design them all to avoid problems with the jumping mechanic but I'm paying for effort, not lazyness, right?).
Now they removed trappable villains, all the older Magic Items and Adventure Pieces work only as decorations, Trap Masters have lost their uniqueness (I'm not gonna lie, that was also because of their concept itself) and Giants are just bigger and stronger Cores, while in Trap Team they could destroy walls and lift rocks.

After what they did with their fourth game, I heavily doubt TfB will be disrespectful in our regards from that point of view (can't avoid to mention Traptanium Elemental Gates, an extremely wrong move).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:30 12/02/2016 by Drek95
#36 Posted: 20:13:44 12/02/2016
Oh yeah,forgot Giants still kept their ability to be a free bomb in TT. Did we even have bombable walls in Superchargers?
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#37 Posted: 20:57:34 12/02/2016
Oh yeah,forgot Giants still kept their ability to be a free bomb in TT. Did we even have bombable walls in Superchargers?

Not that I recall. We didn't have any in Swap Force either, but I could be wrong there.

I guess TfB honestly is my more preferred developer of the two. Even though I prefer VV's balancing and gameplay, TfB just seems to be more creative with their characters and locations. Not to mention their figure quality is noticeably better. I just hope they add more replayability to this game, that was my biggest problem with Trap Team, just not a whole lot to do once you've beaten the story.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#38 Posted: 21:19:44 12/02/2016
Bomb puzzles are awesome, really strange I didn't miss them, probably too busy paying attention to the rest of the design. It allowed for easy secret areas for the smart player and could be altered to make the puzzle different being the same thing,like with Mega Bombs/Roboto Balls or the rockets.

Back to writing, TFB hasn't really triiied that much with big character development. They seem to go for subtle,as we see Flynn and Cali slowly starting to act like friends and not bickering every other dialogue. Only next game's reveal will tell if they took David's note to hit good and hit hard with story.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me