First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
When is Sky 6?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#51 Posted: 02:58:44 28/01/2016
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: Crash10

It will almost certainly be a launch title. Giants was a launch title for the Wii U if I'm correct. It just probably won't be announced at the same time.

I think that Skylanders 7 could be a NX launch title, not Skylanders 6. But it's just me.

Don't think your understand what a launch title is. It means the game comes out the same day the console does. NX is coming this year, Sky 6 is coming this year. If they release Sky 6 on every platform except the NX then release Sky 6 for the NX the day it comes out it will be a launch title. FYI they did this with the Wii U and Giants.

I know all that. I just think that the NX will not come this year. Nintendo said that they will announce it this year. Not released. I personally think that they will release it for like... 2017, judging by how Nintendo does. But it's just me,
---
Bruh
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#52 Posted: 03:10:38 28/01/2016

It will almost certainly be a launch title. Giants was a launch title for the Wii U if I'm correct. It just probably won't be announced at the same time.

I think that Skylanders 7 could be a NX launch title, not Skylanders 6. But it's just me.

Don't think your understand what a launch title is. It means the game comes out the same day the console does. NX is coming this year, Sky 6 is coming this year. If they release Sky 6 on every platform except the NX then release Sky 6 for the NX the day it comes out it will be a launch title. FYI they did this with the Wii U and Giants.

They have said NOTHING about the NX coming out this year. We know absolutely nothing about it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:11:02 28/01/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#53 Posted: 03:12:44 28/01/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
CG animation takes longer to produce than traditional cell animation. With Blizzard Studios just now opening, they have to get to work putting together a pitch promo to shop to networks, so I'd guess based on the timing of things you're looking at around maybe September for the pilot episode, and that's IF they've already secured a network. Network has to pick up the series before it can air, and in my personal opinion, they probably haven't even put together a pitch yet.

I had actually heard somewhere that Cartoon Network had already picked up the show. They may just be a misinformed rumor, since I can't even remember where I saw it, but honestly based on some of the content that Cartoon Network publishes today, they could probably submit artwork drawn by a two year old and get the show picked up.

One thing I think we can say for certain is that Disney smilie will probably not pick it up as they would be creating free advertisement for their competitor.

CN has gone notoriously downhill in quality. They thrive on the 10 min episodes due to how much they can mass produce them for little effort so they get more advertising revenue. I think that's the sign of the times in how much business they've lost over the years. Good shows that last 30 mins each episode get the axe because they can only do so much with them and can't randomly spam 2 episodes in 1 half hour like the rest of the thriving shows they have. That's probably the future of animation to be that lazy and resolve things in 10 min chunks. If skylanders is 30 min episodes or 22 mins average then it will have little seasons on there.

If it survives long enough to a 7 sure.

As far as a reveal goes. They are most likely going to wait until e3. As others have pointed out they need to keep a little bit of hype for that. Let alone they are the lowest ranking in sales right now too you wouldn't give the competition time to work on a counter. That also means a pull back of events because they just don't have the money to stretch for it. Skylanders won't have hype though. A "bad" game damages the brand and with how people feel on this one, there just won't be hype on the next one.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#54 Posted: 03:15:44 28/01/2016
@ Tigerdr. What are you saying CN has gone down in quality? They're shows are amazing now.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#55 Posted: 07:49:04 28/01/2016
I am hoping for an announcement by March
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#56 Posted: 10:55:16 28/01/2016
I'm hoping for February or March, at least the T.V show will (probably) keep the hype down for a while. Supposing that it'll be out before the game.
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#57 Posted: 13:39:02 28/01/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
@ Tigerdr. What are you saying CN has gone down in quality? They're shows are amazing now.

What he is saying, CN is downplaying or limiting the length, story and design of their own cartoons for more commercial slots.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#58 Posted: 17:11:01 28/01/2016
I'm sure no cartoon these days are amazing outside of maybe TMNT.

Long gone are the days of cool cartoons like -

Exo Squad
Earthworm Jim
Thundercats
Silverhawks
Transformers (the good ones)
Dinosaucers
Bucky O Hare
Inspector Gadget
Ducktales
Darkwing Duck
Gargoyles
Ghostbusters
C.O.P.S.
M.A.S.K.
G.I. Joe

And so many more. Now it's replaced by goofy comedy cartoons. I'd say the last great American cartoons are Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels and maybe any Marvel animated show.

I fail to see any awesomeness on CN. Heck most people now don't even know there was once such a thing as Saturday morning cartoons.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#59 Posted: 17:18:14 28/01/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
I'm sure no cartoon these days are amazing outside of maybe TMNT.

Long gone are the days of cool cartoons like -

Exo Squad
Earthworm Jim
Thundercats
Silverhawks
Transformers (the good ones)
Dinosaucers
Bucky O Hare
Inspector Gadget
Ducktales
Darkwing Duck
Gargoyles
Ghostbusters
C.O.P.S.
M.A.S.K.
G.I. Joe

And so many more. Now it's replaced by goofy comedy cartoons. I'd say the last great American cartoons are Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels and maybe any Marvel animated show.

I fail to see any awesomeness on CN. Heck most people now don't even know there was once such a thing as Saturday morning cartoons.

SW:TCW was an amazing show. I finished it just a few days ago and loved the entire thing. Absolutely spectacular IMHO. SWR is fantastic as well.

I have to say though, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball and Adventure Time are really really REALLY great as well. I feel like your being a bit too negative? I suggest sitting down and watching the shows it'll be worth it (Hopefully)

As for the show I have high hopes after SSC's GREAT story. Acti is going to ant to keep up with the high quality sows. Making it like the Kung Fu Panda cartoon wont be good in anyway.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#60 Posted: 19:29:14 28/01/2016
I mean Pokemon is still pretty decent. It isn't as great as some of the older ones but still, it isn't bad. Gravity Falls while not on Cartoon Network is incredibly thought out. Adventure Time is very good as well. Also even though it wasn't a whole series, Over The Garden Wall was incredible and one of the best cartoons that I have ever seen. While none of this directly relates to Skylanders I just wanted to disprove the though that there are no good cartoons these days.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#61 Posted: 20:46:25 28/01/2016
Yeah, people seem to be still spiteful of just a few years ago having mostly garbage cartoons that they don't even look at the good stuff nowadays. But seriously,unless CN decides to shove it on the back of the schedule(which considering Boom they wouldn't so soon), the cartoon would be fine; if it's Acti does a stupid and gives it to Nick that worries me.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#62 Posted: 21:07:44 28/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, people seem to be still spiteful of just a few years ago having mostly garbage cartoons that they don't even look at the good stuff nowadays. But seriously,unless CN decides to shove it on the back of the schedule(which considering Boom they wouldn't so soon), the cartoon would be fine; if it's Acti does a stupid and gives it to Nick that worries me.

To be fair Nick does have the TMNT cartoon which gets LOTS of praise.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#63 Posted: 21:29:54 28/01/2016
The problem isn't the cartoons,it's the management. They'll randomly get rid of sucessful shows or put them in really stupid schedules for more rerun space, and iirc Legend of Korra's last seasons were hell for the team because Nick just wouldn't have it reasonable.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#64 Posted: 21:49:09 28/01/2016
GameMaster78 is obviously nearly as old as I am. He's probably in his late 30s as the shows that he had mentioned were during the mid-80s to early 90s. Mostly toy based cartoons and some mid-era TV Disney afternoon programming. I remember at that time the toy based ones were considered the lowest of the low by cartoon fans and greatly despised. They were worse than the 70s Hanna-Barbera stuff because they pitched toys heavily but honestly the quality of the animation and story telling of the 80s toy stuff were greatly advanced compared to most of the 70s cartoons on TV. Elitist cartoon fans at the time thought that the 70s and 80s were total crap and that Warner Brothers and Disney film cartoons where the best thing ever. The much older fans went with early Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Felix the Cat, Betty Boop and so on.

Honestly, it's all what you grew up with that really determines your cartoon tastes and how you feel about it. Obviously you cannot go comparing "Clutch Cargo" with "Adventure Time" as it's apples and oranges and some 40 to 50 years worth of cartooning progression involved. You can only compare shows from the same era really.

To quickly bridge the gap between what he likes and hates, basically "Ren and Stimpy" changed American cartooning in the 90s. A throwback to the early cartoons of yesteryear, but with an intense 90s edge. I recall at the time shows like "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" were really shocking and annoying as well as they were not anything like the cartoons I grew up with. They lacked of any real story telling and were so horribly drawn compared to the generation prior. "Sponge-Bob SquarePants" basically came around and toned a lot of down to what we know today in humor and style. Shows like "Adventure Time" and "Steven Universe" are a little more serious than that at times and shows that animation can be done well for a more mature audience while still being quite random at times.

I still wonder what Skylanders will be like. I keep feeling that it'll end up like "Sonic Boom." It's not exactly bad, but it's not very respectful to the Sonic lore and their characters either. Much like how "Teen Titans Go" is a parody of it's true self. I'm hoping for something more "My Little Pony" though where the characters are likable and the writing is entertaining.
---
Stay Cool!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#65 Posted: 13:00:13 29/01/2016
Being born in mid 90's I had the chance to appreciate some awesome series (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack and Ed, Edd and Eddy, just to name a few), not to mentions the older ones like Scooby Doo, Wacky Races, the different Warner Bros, Hanna e Barbera and Disney series

Yet each time I see a new episode of The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Clarence or even Uncle Grandpa I smile, because I see some of that 90's spirit in them.
Cartoons which sometimes are much more than simple entertainment shows, which treat mature thematics such as free sexuality, death, love, responsibility and much more in a way both adults and kids can enjoy them and using a graphic style I personally love with tons of pop-culture references (and with a dose of randomness and nonsense which is always appreciated).

I am happy new generations can grow up with cartoons as good, if not better, than the ones we got to watch in our childhood.
TMNT is indeed a great show but I find it less special than the ones I mentioned before.
Just a really well made action series.

Regarding Skylanders Academy I sincerely hope to see something along the lines of Dragons: nice plots, well written characters, action and comedy all mixed with great animations.
Maybe I'm asking too much.
Just don't be like Sonic Boom; it's not bad but... Eeeeeeh... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:28 29/01/2016 by Drek95
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#66 Posted: 14:08:41 29/01/2016
Aside from Adventure Time, the other cartoons seem to be weird for no reason. At least there was a message, lesson or a somewhat abstract tackling of a social ttopic.

But a few shows my niece and nephew watch I'm just sat there like "wannabe 90s cartoon edge with nothing of the substance". Adventure Time is the only one I can see value in. The rest are only good for a distraction.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#67 Posted: 14:40:21 29/01/2016
Honestly, as long as this show doesn't wind up being as bad as Teen Titans Go, then I'll be good.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#68 Posted: 14:47:30 29/01/2016
Well, I think Steven Universe, Gravity Falls and maybe also Regular Show should be mentioned because of their plots, character interactions and development.

Other series aren't as "deep" and mature but I think they are still high quality entertainment (just like not all the older cartoons were trying to give lessons or do more than entertain).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#69 Posted: 15:22:04 29/01/2016
Quote: Drek95
Well, I think Steven Universe, Gravity Falls and maybe also Regular Show should be mentioned because of their plots, character interactions and development.

Other series aren't as "deep" and mature but I think they are still high quality entertainment (just like not all the older cartoons were trying to give lessons or do more than entertain).

Have you not seen the more recent episodes of Adventure Time?
---
#70 Posted: 15:33:54 29/01/2016

I didn't want to mention it again, since Hexin_Wishes already did it. smilie

It's probably my favorite cartoon nowadays, by the way.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:06 29/01/2016 by Drek95
#71 Posted: 15:39:39 29/01/2016

Isn't it amazing? Stakes was SO GOOD.
---
#72 Posted: 15:51:49 29/01/2016

Isn't it amazing? Stakes was SO GOOD.

I have to say I haven't seen it yet since I prefer to wait for the italian dubbed version, but everyone says it's a fantastic mini-series.
Can't wait to watch it!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me