Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
When is Sky 6?
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#1 Posted: 21:23:40 24/01/2016 | Topic Creator
This has most probably been discussed before, but I must ask anyway, when is sky 6 going to be announced? Do y'all think February? or later?
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 21:26:33 24/01/2016
I WANT February, but if last year was any indication,they seem to like 'as late as possible', maybe E3.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 22:14:11 24/01/2016
I'd say sometime during April the earliest.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#4 Posted: 22:58:43 24/01/2016
I think is gonna be similar to last year's. At the end of May-beginning of June.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 23:44:02 24/01/2016
Something tells me it's gonna be revealed tomorrow.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 23:51:42 24/01/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Something tells me it's gonna be revealed tomorrow.

Ask that something about the Persona 5 release date, that's more likely to get info in the next few weeks :U

But really, I WISH it was super early in the year,but Acti seems to have the weird idea they need to concentrate hype into single events. E3 revealed the basics, Gamescon revealed just the racing, that kind of thing which is dumb but they seem to think it works.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:11 24/01/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#7 Posted: 00:40:08 25/01/2016
I'vecome to like the later announcements so they can let the current game fade out first, so I hope it's may or early june.
#8 Posted: 01:15:36 25/01/2016
What's the point of letting the older game fade out,though? Sky6 isn't coming out with the announcement,and knowing Acti we'll be stuck with a single trailer for a whole month anyway. The final wave will have plenty of time to pass until the articles crop up.
---
#9 Posted: 04:10:57 25/01/2016
Actually, I think they might reveal it sometime in Spring because of that new TV show.

I mean, the show is going to be called "Skylanders: Academy"... It would make too much sense to reveal the game alongside the show and have it act as an introduction to the new characters.
---
Check this out! Please?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 06:32:51 25/01/2016
I personally prefer something between February and March. But it can be between May and June. I don't have idea for the TV Show first looks. Maybe March-June.
---
Bruh
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#11 Posted: 11:30:15 25/01/2016
Quote: Crash10
I personally prefer something between February and March. But it can be between May and June. I don't have idea for the TV Show first looks. Maybe March-June.

they must have something around February and March, if they are gonna keep the brand on peoples mind. if they wait longer with lego and infinity now taken the marked more and more for each day that pass. it will be hard to get the foot in the door again after the ssc failure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:30:39 25/01/2016 by CountMoneyBone
#12 Posted: 13:59:40 25/01/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

they must have something around February and March, if they are gonna keep the brand on peoples mind. if they wait longer with lego and infinity now taken the marked more and more for each day that pass. it will be hard to get the foot in the door again after the ssc failure.

I don't find it exactly a failure (the game sold more or less between what the series usually sell, at least in toys), but don't mind.

I doubt Disney Infinity would announce something too soon. They really want to feature 3.0, since it will get many releases this year. I doubt that we will have a second Lego Dimensions, at least this year. Maybe some years soon, but for now, they want to release everything possible for the first one.

So, Skylanders should be okay if they announce things from time to time (a small window between one announce and another), and make a good marketing overall.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:01:05 25/01/2016 by Crash10
tPaperBomb Red Sparx Gems: 87
#13 Posted: 16:49:05 25/01/2016
All the last years have been like Feb, but SSC was pretty late.
---
Current Main Skylander: Fling Kong! smilie
Skylanders collection count: 45
1 magic item, 3 vehicles.
#14 Posted: 17:03:38 25/01/2016
Only Giants was February, I'm pretty sure. Everyone else was around March.
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#15 Posted: 17:05:00 25/01/2016
If I recall SSA, SG, and SSF were in February, STT was in April, and SSC was at E3 in June.
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#16 Posted: 18:52:18 25/01/2016
I hope it's revealed at Toy Fair like they used to.
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#17 Posted: 19:11:23 25/01/2016
It probably won't be the Toy Fair as they will probably feature the unreleased figures there as well as Battlecast.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 19:45:40 25/01/2016
I'd say late March (but I strongly hope between February and March).
They should do again what they did with Flip Wreck, Bat Spin and High Five: release some new characters' images, or some hints at the new features/gimmicks.

Something like that, so they can keep our hype up and can also have the big announcement a bit later.
Anything but last year's complete lack of informations.
That's not how you create hype.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#19 Posted: 20:37:27 25/01/2016
Yeah, about that TV show. No new news since they announced it, and if it was really going to be released in spring, they would already have a network lined up. As someone whose line of work is the entertainment industry, they haven't even had time to properly animate a pilot demo to pitch to the networks.

When shows are pitched to networks, they are given small promotional videos demonstrating why any given network should order the show. For those of us old enough to remember the 90's Mega Man cartoon, this was the promo they pitched, showing a Mega Man that actually looked like Mega Man. It was later altered, but as you can see, they kept parts of it to use for the eventual intro.

Funny Blizzard Studios was just opened months after talking about the studio. With it just now being opened, I doubt they've even had time to put together a network promo video to pitch.

In other words, don't count on that "spring" date.

http://youtu.be/fWqK0kcTEA8

As for the, revealing the next game. The sooner the better. It seems they've gone from having press events to nothing but small reveals. Signs of a hurting brand perhaps? Wish they'd reveal new stuff at Toy Fair like they did, but like the delay in getting new figures to us, they also want to delay revealing each new game for some reason.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#20 Posted: 20:52:01 25/01/2016
As much as I want a Toy Fair reveal, I understand why they don't do it there. If they have a standalone event then they can draw in a ton of fans, but if they just do a toy fair event then they are in a room full of brands just as big as them. The same effect is achieved at the Toy Fair whether or not they reveal it there.
---
#21 Posted: 21:03:40 25/01/2016
That's the thing. Last year they didn't even do a press event like he two years before. Again, it leads me to believe they either don't care much for the brand anymore, or it's not profitable enough anymore to warrant a reveal.
---
#22 Posted: 21:08:29 25/01/2016
They didn't because the expected outrage happened. Swappable guys and Giants and jumping make people interested, not so much vehicle game that comes with free 13 on foot levels.

If TFB plays it safe - unfortunately, depending on how much - chances are bigger they'll make more noise because the hype is guaranteed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:36 25/01/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#23 Posted: 21:29:03 25/01/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
Yeah, about that TV show. No new news since they announced it, and if it was really going to be released in spring, they would already have a network lined up. As someone whose line of work is the entertainment industry, they haven't even had time to properly animate a pilot demo to pitch to the networks.

When shows are pitched to networks, they are given small promotional videos demonstrating why any given network should order the show. For those of us old enough to remember the 90's Mega Man cartoon, this was the promo they pitched, showing a Mega Man that actually looked like Mega Man. It was later altered, but as you can see, they kept parts of it to use for the eventual intro.

Funny Blizzard Studios was just opened months after talking about the studio. With it just now being opened, I doubt they've even had time to put together a network promo video to pitch.

In other words, don't count on that "spring" date.

http://youtu.be/fWqK0kcTEA8

As for the, revealing the next game. The sooner the better. It seems they've gone from having press events to nothing but small reveals. Signs of a hurting brand perhaps? Wish they'd reveal new stuff at Toy Fair like they did, but like the delay in getting new figures to us, they also want to delay revealing each new game for some reason.

Should we expect to see the show is Summer then? Maybe late Spring?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#24 Posted: 21:43:27 25/01/2016
Q2 is when the show is said to premier. That is April 1-June 30th so basically sometime in Spring.
---
#25 Posted: 01:33:14 26/01/2016
CG animation takes longer to produce than traditional cell animation. With Blizzard Studios just now opening, they have to get to work putting together a pitch promo to shop to networks, so I'd guess based on the timing of things you're looking at around maybe September for the pilot episode, and that's IF they've already secured a network. Network has to pick up the series before it can air, and in my personal opinion, they probably haven't even put together a pitch yet.
---
#26 Posted: 02:56:50 26/01/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
CG animation takes longer to produce than traditional cell animation. With Blizzard Studios just now opening, they have to get to work putting together a pitch promo to shop to networks, so I'd guess based on the timing of things you're looking at around maybe September for the pilot episode, and that's IF they've already secured a network. Network has to pick up the series before it can air, and in my personal opinion, they probably haven't even put together a pitch yet.

I had actually heard somewhere that Cartoon Network had already picked up the show. They may just be a misinformed rumor, since I can't even remember where I saw it, but honestly based on some of the content that Cartoon Network publishes today, they could probably submit artwork drawn by a two year old and get the show picked up.

One thing I think we can say for certain is that Disney smilie will probably not pick it up as they would be creating free advertisement for their competitor.
---
#27 Posted: 16:18:45 26/01/2016
Well if they have then it's still a question of developing the episodes. When a show starts, a good number of episodes have already been shot or animated. With the recent news that Blizzard Studios just now opened, it will be awhile before we get the show. You can't air them as you make them, or you'd be having weekly reruns leading up to each new episode.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#28 Posted: 16:26:31 26/01/2016
Or they could've already been working on the show before their studio even opened. It can happen.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#29 Posted: 16:29:32 26/01/2016
Pretty much. Warcraft movie has been in production for a while, it just wasn't officially a new part of Activision.
---
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#30 Posted: 16:35:44 26/01/2016
My top two wants for this game are:

Villains figures

Instant Skylanders. Achievable only after placing the fig on the portal. There are so many figures now that it gets to be too many toys in front of you. I just want to keep my figs on display. They can protect themselves like Amiibo do.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#31 Posted: 17:07:38 26/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Pretty much. Warcraft movie has been in production for a while, it just wasn't officially a new part of Activision.

Since around 2013, if I recall. The production process.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:09:05 26/01/2016 by Aura24
#32 Posted: 17:30:37 26/01/2016
How can a studio being founded to produce the show, script, animate, do voice over work, put in your foley, and score it, do so when said studio hasn't even opened it's doors?

I mean I wish I were wrong. The sooner it airs the better. However, saying it's been produced before the doors of the studio even opened is like saying special effects for movies done by Industrial Light and Magic were done before before the studio ever opened it's doors.

It won't happen this spring. For a show coming in the next few months, there has been no marketing for it. No quip on sites that break news about upcoming cartoons. Heck, it's almost as if it hasn't even been announced.

Guess we will see who ended up being right on June 22nd (the day after the start of summer).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:34:59 26/01/2016 by GameMaster78
#33 Posted: 18:16:14 26/01/2016
You know, making episodes for a show is a lot more difficult than it sounds, even for studios, new or old. Just because they didn't release a trailer or something, that doesn't mean it's delayed.
---
Check this out! Please?
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#34 Posted: 19:00:41 26/01/2016
Quote: ninja9351

I had actually heard somewhere that Cartoon Network had already picked up the show. They may just be a misinformed rumor, since I can't even remember where I saw it, but honestly based on some of the content that Cartoon Network publishes today, they could probably submit artwork drawn by a two year old and get the show picked up.

One thing I think we can say for certain is that Disney smilie will probably not pick it up as they would be creating free advertisement for their competitor.

I feel like it will be more of a Neflix show. That way Activision doesn't associate Skylanders with another company. Netflix has a few kids show. The How to Train Your Dragon show is pretty good so it kinda makes me think Skylanders would work on there.

Back on topic:

I feel like they're probably announce it in May. Though I hope it's soon, like tomorrow soon.

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
#35 Posted: 21:20:06 26/01/2016
Quote: Rovaulin

I feel like it will be more of a Neflix show. That way Activision doesn't associate Skylanders with another company. Netflix has a few kids show. The How to Train Your Dragon show is pretty good so it kinda makes me think Skylanders would work on there.

Back on topic:

I feel like they're probably announce it in May. Though I hope it's soon, like tomorrow soon.

-Rov

Yeah but that just doesn't seem like a good idea from a marketing standpoint. I don't have Netflix and not planning on getting it anytime soon, at least not until I get internet that can handle it and other things as well. I highly doubt that they would do this personally.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#36 Posted: 07:37:52 27/01/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

I don't find it exactly a failure (the game sold more or less between what the series usually sell, at least in toys), but don't mind.

I doubt Disney Infinity would announce something too soon. They really want to feature 3.0, since it will get many releases this year. I doubt that we will have a second Lego Dimensions, at least this year. Maybe some years soon, but for now, they want to release everything possible for the first one.

So, Skylanders should be okay if they announce things from time to time (a small window between one announce and another), and make a good marketing overall.

Lego Dimensions content will be added via updates and current rumors are that Disney Infininty is heading down the same route.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#37 Posted: 23:06:48 27/01/2016

Yeah but that just doesn't seem like a good idea from a marketing standpoint. I don't have Netflix and not planning on getting it anytime soon, at least not until I get internet that can handle it and other things as well. I highly doubt that they would do this personally.

That's true. I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I don't have TV, so Netflix would be the only way I could watch it. We'll have to wait and see I guess!

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#38 Posted: 23:18:57 27/01/2016
I want this game to be announced right now! Never before did I want a Skylander game to end so badly like Superchargers.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#39 Posted: 23:31:19 27/01/2016
I was just laughing for myself imagining our reactions if a "superchargers 2" gets announced. Ya know, more vehicles, more revamps, hahahahaha.

P.D: Sorry for the off topic, now that I think about it, I don't think it will get announced sooner than last year.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:51 27/01/2016 by angelg
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#40 Posted: 23:43:27 27/01/2016
If they would mess up the revamps again I would skip it entirely.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#41 Posted: 23:58:04 27/01/2016
I don't think it will be announced soon. I think there are risks involved in an early announcement. If the new game seems like little more than a dressed up version of earlier games (which I would personally love) they risk people losing interest before it's even released. Alternatively if the gimmick is a polarising one, like I don't know maybe something as stupid as vehicles, then they risk people being turned off. Besides why give your competitors the early mail on your new release?

I would love to know more about the new game soon as I too think Superchargers sucks, to the point that I can't bring myself to play it anymore. But I understand why they would delay the announcement of Skylanders 6.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#42 Posted: 00:20:29 28/01/2016
At this rate... E3?
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#43 Posted: 00:38:21 28/01/2016
I have a feeling it will be announced around the same time the TV show comes out.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#44 Posted: 00:43:15 28/01/2016
Quote: RaymanTwilight
I have a feeling it will be announced around the same time the TV show comes out.

True.

BUT ULTIMATE THEORY

WHAT IF THE ANNOUNCE IT AS THE SAME TIME AS NX

AND IT'S A LAUNCH TITLE?!?!?
#45 Posted: 01:17:10 28/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

True.

BUT ULTIMATE THEORY

It will almost certainly be a launch title. Giants was a launch title for the Wii U if I'm correct. It just probably won't be announced at the same time.
---
#46 Posted: 01:21:08 28/01/2016

True.

BUT ULTIMATE THEORY

It will almost certainly be a launch title. Giants was a launch title for the Wii U if I'm correct. It just probably won't be announced at the same time.

I think that Skylanders 7 could be a NX launch title, not Skylanders 6. But it's just me.
---
Bruh
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#47 Posted: 02:23:15 28/01/2016
Really hope they don't announce it super late like SuperChargers....
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#48 Posted: 02:48:19 28/01/2016

True.

BUT ULTIMATE THEORY

I think that Skylanders 7 could be a NX launch title, not Skylanders 6. But it's just me.

Don't think your understand what a launch title is. It means the game comes out the same day the console does. NX is coming this year, Sky 6 is coming this year. If they release Sky 6 on every platform except the NX then release Sky 6 for the NX the day it comes out it will be a launch title. FYI they did this with the Wii U and Giants.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me