Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Question about Skymiibos [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 09:09:49 10/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Hi there, you probably don't know me because I'm mostly in other boards, but I need a little help here.

My cousin recently adopted a kid, and they're really into Skylanders, and they have a Wii U. He already has a copy of the game and a portal (both from a secondhand store), but no Skylanders quite yet. I know there's Bowser and DK Skymiibos, and I know they come in packs of their own now, and I'd like to pick him up the DK one, and the Bowser one for myself since it acts as an amiibo.

I know they haven't been out for long, but how hard are they to find? Is it a pretty plentiful set or is it too soon to know?
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#2 Posted: 09:59:27 10/01/2016
should be common enough, there not that popular, just the numbers a little bit limited because they just came out like last week.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 15:04:54 10/01/2016
My Toys R Us I visited only a couple of days ago only had ONE DK pack, and it was behind everything else. They had no Bowser ones. My Walmart however, had tons out on the pegs, and I haven't seen them at Target yet, and I haven't been to gamestop, so I wouldn't know how it is there.
---
Dead
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#4 Posted: 15:45:30 10/01/2016
Quote: StriderSwag
Hi there, you probably don't know me because I'm mostly in other boards, but I need a little help here.

My cousin recently adopted a kid, and they're really into Skylanders, and they have a Wii U. He already has a copy of the game and a portal (both from a secondhand store), but no Skylanders quite yet. I know there's Bowser and DK Skymiibos, and I know they come in packs of their own now, and I'd like to pick him up the DK one, and the Bowser one for myself since it acts as an amiibo.

I know they haven't been out for long, but how hard are they to find? Is it a pretty plentiful set or is it too soon to know?

I'm not sure if you know this but...the skymiibos have been recently released in single packs (along with their vehicle), so you don't need to buy the starter pack.

You can also try craig list or ebay to get them cheap.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#5 Posted: 18:30:24 10/01/2016
If your goal is amassing a Skylanders collection for the cheapest price, take advantage of the Toys R Us sales where you can get a ridiculous amount of new Skylanders from older games for $2-5 depending on the sale. I'd hold off another month or two on the Skymiibo characters until they hit the inevitable 50% off sales.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 17:17:53 11/01/2016
You're in luck! Right now, Bowser + Clown Cruiser and DK + Barrel Blaster are readily available in dual packs. In fact, both are up now on Gamestop.

If you're interested in building a collection, as mastermc54 mentioned, TRU has a good sale going on, and Gamestop usually has some good bogo deals on used figures (you simply wont get the codes/stickers, but essentially brand new looking figures.

Local stores like Target and Five Below also usually have older figures on sale too.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 18:08:59 11/01/2016
If you want a collection, Lightcore Hex is 99 cents, buy one, get two free - 33 cents each. Go buy a few hundred of her. ;)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me