I really miss this game.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2404
#1 Posted: 02:45:41 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Title.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5984
#2 Posted: 12:27:39 04/01/2016
Go play it,it hasn't gone anywhere. Probably going for pocket change on Gamestop if you lost the CD.
---
I do art!
"Dark Sun, you shone like a threat, waiting to strike"
Pokypro Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#3 Posted: 14:15:14 06/01/2016
Ahh the memories I have with this game! I too miss this game! smilie Hopefully Activision can make something really fresh and new with Sky 6!
---
Skylanders Youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/user/Pokypro)
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2049
#4 Posted: 20:04:32 06/01/2016
I've recently started playing it again. and compared to the newer Skylanders games, it really makes me wished they would go back to some of the old style gameplay. such as bring back heroic challenges, (so everyone can enjoy an extra boost) areas where current Skylanders can go to, like swimming, bricking rocks, and travel on lava. (maybe remake the older games so the newer Skylanders can be playable in the older adventures)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:35 06/01/2016 by Barrysun
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#5 Posted: 22:08:01 06/01/2016
This is still my all time favorite. I think it looks absolutely beautiful, especially when compared to the rest. This was the first game that I was the first to make a major discovery in (The wrecking ball money hole), so that probably played a big part in me loving it as well. I wish they would bring back the evil minion skylanders, and have Kaos still call them by different names, like the evil amphibious gillman, or the evil ice yeti.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
#6 Posted: 23:02:41 06/01/2016
Quote: Echo2VX
This is still my all time favorite. I think it looks absolutely beautiful, especially when compared to the rest. This was the first game that I was the first to make a major discovery in (The wrecking ball money hole), so that probably played a big part in me loving it as well. I wish they would bring back the evil minion skylanders, and have Kaos still call them by different names, like the evil amphibious gillman, or the evil ice yeti.

Yea, I agree, I think it would be fun battling more evil Skylander twins in the future.
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2294
#7 Posted: 14:36:37 08/01/2016
Normally I play SF instead, but... That's it, I'm gonna play SA now! >:3

Hah yeah I'm just in the mood for something nostalgic and relaxing, need it after I've been feeling bitter today. I'll reset some characters to play Heroics and upgrade them again. I miss Heroics. The Quests in SF and SC are just grindy crap and barely have a reward.
#8 Posted: 19:38:34 08/01/2016
I've been busy with the eon's elites figures.
Deja Vu Emerald Sparx Gems: 3135
#9 Posted: 21:37:57 10/01/2016
Yes, I remember this game. It's my favorite in the series because every Skylander felt special and unique to me. With the massive amount of figures we have nowadays a new character's just "meh".
I liked this game because it focused so much on the elements. I always loved games that had some sort of elements includeds, like Pokemon. Though Pokemon never caught my attention. I prefer if it has a more ancient style to it and Skylanders has all of that, or at least "had". And of course, it's still the longest Skylanders game.
Oh and the music, god I adore the music. Every time I hear one of the old tracks in the new games, I just want to stay there forever.
I also liked the slightly darker atmosphere it has compared to the new games. It just felt very... realistic. Back then it was more of a Diablo for kids rather than a less tacky and less plattformy Super Mario. The last three games just felt too childish and colorful if you take SSA as the example of a Skylanders game. Giants also felt more classic, but it kinda lead to the games we have now. Maybe it's the graphics' fault.
I would spend all my money on an HD remake where you could jump but only use the old Skylanders, after that, I can happily die.
---
smiliesmilie Did that just happen? smiliesmilie
The Undead Queen
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#10 Posted: 00:56:27 17/01/2016
Quote:

What money hole?

Quote:
Yes, I remember this game. It's my favorite in the series because every Skylander felt special and unique to me. With the massive amount of figures we have nowadays a new character's just "meh".
I liked this game because it focused so much on the elements. I always loved games that had some sort of elements includeds, like Pokemon. Though Pokemon never caught my attention. I prefer if it has a more ancient style to it and Skylanders has all of that, or at least "had". And of course, it's still the longest Skylanders game.
Oh and the music, god I adore the music. Every time I hear one of the old tracks in the new games, I just want to stay there forever.
I also liked the slightly darker atmosphere it has compared to the new games. It just felt very... realistic. Back then it was more of a Diablo for kids rather than a less tacky and less plattformy Super Mario. The last three games just felt too childish and colorful if you take SSA as the example of a Skylanders game. Giants also felt more classic, but it kinda lead to the games we have now. Maybe it's the graphics' fault.
I would spend all my money on an HD remake where you could jump but only use the old Skylanders, after that, I can happily die.

I agree with this so much I could have almost written word for word myself.

I LOVE the SSA graphics. I love how the sky goes those autumn hues and then darker, like it's changing to winter. It felt like I was part of the game.

And yes, so many new characters now. I always felt that would kill the game, and more so now that there's no benefit for putting time and effort into a single Skylander. I miss heroics and other things too. I still play this game often.
onslaught Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#11 Posted: 18:12:32 20/02/2016
Oh the memories, this is my favorite Skylanders game of all time, and I doubt they'll ever make a better one, to be completely honest i think its the only one thats even replayable at all, its the the only one i really remembered having fun for hours and hours on, I miss collecting the characters so much, and the music was phenomenal ( Arkeyan Armory, Empire of Ice, etc. ) Usually at least 2 times a year i go back and play it just to get that great feeling by completing the game. It is by far one of my favorite games of all time, ( That means alot because the other games would probably not even be in my top 20 games of all time ) Although many games i love die down for me, this is one of the only ones that doesn't and most likely will never
---
<(".<) (>".)> Two Kirbys.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2045
#12 Posted: 18:44:43 20/02/2016
To the game with way more heart despite its rustic exterior than its successors.

Cheers!

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:58 20/02/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Wishblade Gold Sparx Gems: 2093
#13 Posted: 02:47:20 23/02/2016
I remember reading threads about people hating the tedious heroic challenges because there were too many characters after Giants, but I miss putting the time into making your favorite characters more awesome and kicking butt in PvP. I say bring 'em back in Sky 6 but maybe not so many or have them give you credit in some kind of stat point bank that you can re-assign boosts to different stats, kind of like with the luck-o-tron.
---
Any last wishes?
Dark fhoenix Gold Sparx Gems: 2916
#14 Posted: 08:55:27 23/02/2016
Why dont you just replay it ? I bet its on your shelf .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 5383
#15 Posted: 09:12:33 23/02/2016
I started replaying SSA recently, it's really made me miss it more. There are just so many little details that add to the world.

Take a look at this FMV, they collect exp from the baddies! And not just in the game, but in a story scene!

The only thing that's bugging me about going back is that it feels so weird not being able to use the majority of the characters.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#16 Posted: 14:46:05 24/02/2016
Spyro's Adventure is the only game of the series with a soul. Giants was a soulless clone, Swap-Force was enjoyable but not as good as SA, Trap Team was a pathetic in trying to be another soulless clone in a new engine (I could almost feel TfB gritting their teeth at everything VV did in SF) and I'm waiting for my replacement Spitfire before going into SC but the general consensus is "meh".

SA really seemed like a labor of love and passion. It easily sucked you into the world and made you want to buy these characters. It should have been the starting point to be built upon but TfB clearly are complacent with trying to make the same game over again (VV tries to be different and Activision doesn't care as long as it makes a profit).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:39 24/02/2016 by Hexin_Wishes
#17 Posted: 15:10:40 24/02/2016
By that logic all direct sequels with little break are clones. Which,considering the great number of games that use the same structure and engine for new games, isn't true.

It's already getting quite easy to put the nostalgia glasses on tight to look back but you gotta remember SSA took about 4 years(dev presentation mentions they were given the task in 2007) to be made and it's a glitchy mess with dated graphics. It's still a good game, but it only deserves as much praise on its own merits just like the rest who had less than a year and half of development(and less than 10 months for Giants).
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:51 24/02/2016 by Bifrost
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#18 Posted: 20:00:02 24/02/2016
Oh look who it is... Someone must have google alerts on me.

No no, boo boo, for starters not once did I cite "little break" as an issue and, second, your counter argument of it "not being true" does not hold much water. The amount of "games that use the same structure and engine" does not make them A) unique games, smilie critically acclaimed by critics and fans or C) remotely good. It just means they have sold. However, those games also tend to suffer from brand fatigue quicker than a series that actually innovates itself.

The story of the Skylanders sequels have not had as much of an impact as the first one. The games center in on the gimmick while the stories get weaker and they don't build upon the previous game. You could skip any game without really missing anything. The lore is poorly presented and not as strong as it seemed to be implied in SA and each game becomes more and more blatant about selling the new toys. But this game is for children so it's juvenile story is perfect for them (and you apparently...).

Nostalgia or not, I still remember the feelings of mine and this board during SA.
#19 Posted: 20:07:21 24/02/2016
There's this little yellow dragon that shows up when people post stuff in the Skylanders section or any section and thread for that matter, not sure you noticed. You're not that special, in fact, with the story argument again, I'm not wasting time replying and trying to reason.

I didn't even talk much about when I replayed the game a few weeks ago. It's so strange to see how weird the physics in it work compared to Giants and others - because it's forcing every projectile that's not an overhead to be right above the ground, you can do some crazy stunts; or how Mega Bombs do whatever in the world they want no matter how you're rolling. Wilikin Village is a whole another experience after you play Goo Factory and Battlefield right before.

A lot of dialogue is also straight-up non voiced on X360 too. You never run into it easily because it's mid-level dialogue for the other NPCs, but General Robot and T-Bone quite a few times just have weird scrolling text that you have to press A to continue that never appear elsewhere.
---
I do art!
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:51:52 26/02/2016 by TTD
Spyro Lover122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1859
#20 Posted: 14:38:34 26/02/2016
I miss the kind of 'style' of SA and Giants, it's hard to explain really. Don't get me wrong, I adore newer titles like TT, but I'll always love the feel of the first two that really made the series what it is.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4085
#21 Posted: 01:44:16 24/10/2016
Back when this stuff wasn't overpriced...
---
r.i.p skylanders
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#22 Posted: 03:09:47 15/11/2017
Quote: Kevin16
Back when this stuff wasn't overpriced...

I get you have to pay more for larger figures, but I don’t want all these larger figures. Screw all the shelf space I’m now required to have. The origanal 32 take up 1/3 of the space the sensei/villian line takes up. Just obnoxious.

3 for $20 was the tits compared to this 1 for $15 robbery. Nuts to these fools acting like Imaginators is the best of the series. Shortest in the series. Most souless of the series. Biggest money suck yet in terms of bang for buck.

I’d love to go back to paying for the 2 Adventure packs and a triple pack and all elements are covered
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#23 Posted: 11:40:42 04/01/2018
^ SI wasn't the game that started that though, it's happened with every entry wether the figures were improved or some kind of variant or not (at least in Aus- I'm sure I remember hearing about this happening in the US though, correct me if I'm wrong). At least SI improved the quality of figures along with increasing the price. SC did the price thing too for much smaller figures of Skylanders with nothing special and it's particularly insulting when we got reimagined characters that they didn't even make work as reposes (makes sense lore-wise, frustrating consumer-wise, especially when only a few of those reimaginings are honestly any good). TT paintjobs were honestly really bad and made their price sting more, on top of the actual "premium" figures basically being Giants without lights.

---

SA is my favorite Skylanders game now tbh. Maybe a lot of it is nostalgia but I sincerely believe it does so much way better than future games: the story, the feeling that it was really a mystical world and that the levels were like dungeons where enemies could surprise you, characters feel distinct and there aren't ones that are stuck in overly-specific niches that the game is completely unbalanced for/makes boring and nobody is buried underneath hundreds of other characters yet, you could actually traverse the environments differently with a bunch of characters, brisk puzzles (usually not really bad later, but honestly kills Giants for me and was noticeable in later TFB games- don't get me wrong SA has a couple slow puzzles but they're exceptions and still usually not ones that are obvious solutions that just take forever to get into place and usually followed by good fighting), the aesthetics, the amount of levels and length and pace of them, the enemy variety (not too bad in later games tho and Spell Punks in particular certainly got improved later) and especially visual variety and not having a variant or two of basically everyone nor an absolutely overwhelming amount of stuff to do or grinding on every character (but still having Heroics, which weren't overwhelming at that point and offered really cool benefits!).
Honestly it's ****ing refreshing. It reminds me of playing the characters because I like them and want to play the characters and having extra stuff beyond leveling and upgrades but not having to grind for boring quests or other minigames or go through levels where 2/3 of the experience is really slow puzzles or minigames that recur too much to reach particular single points of levels I like and lead to really slow fights or the enemies lack flavor/are never really used well or I only like about 4 levels or things like that. That's stuff that bothered me at some point in later games (not all of those problems in all of them, but a lot of them). SA still holds up without nostalgia goggles, it has the flavor, it has fun enemies, the levels aren't all bogged down and have nice touches of little variety but don't feel overly brief/undeveloped and don't become too long or slow if you go and fully explore them. It's just a shame it's so very easy I guess, but on the other hand it's one case where I'd go for the easier gameplay and rather have that than the damage sponge enemies of Giants or TT (which are more slow and annoying to deal with than they are hard, doesn't help Giants already has a ridiculous focus on puzzles slowing the levels) and it's not as easy as SC. SA isn't some masterpiece- as much as I praise it for, it's not all that polished and the mechanics feel very primitive compared to SF/SC/SI, and again it is very easy throughout nearly the entire game- but it's a really good chillout game that still outshines its successors in many ways.

I want to mod SA. I wish I could find the PC version files and just tweak damage numbers; wouldn't be totally new and the PC version sucks (... haha, the Wii version is still the best version of this game honestly, too bad it was never remade), but it'd be something. This is something I wanna mess with, it'd give SA so much more value than it has for me already, just messing with speed or damage numbers to attempt to make it more difficult or give myself stupid silly challenges or cheats I made. I love this game and I want more from it. I wish SA could have had a cool modding scene, except... Well, aside from being a game that just doesn't attract that, Activision. I just miss this game. I'm sure part of it is the memories surrounding it, which are the most consistently good memories I have of the series and the fact it was the original and it was the last time I was honestly excited about going out and looking for things to buy (the figures, which got annoying and were less exciting by later games), but there really is a lot in this game I feel was never quite or (particularly when it comes to character quests/heroics becoming overwhelming andor grindy) could not be recaptured after it.
It's flawed, particularly mechanically and in terms of challenge, but man, as someone else said here it was such a good foundation and so much of it was just lost and never lived up to in later entires. I don't remember who mentioned this either but the games should have continued being more Diablo-lite with dungeons that feel like dungeons and have dark touches to them rather than becoming more and more platformy and filling more of their playtime with puzzles (SI is the exception to this a lot of the time and has a similar "briskness" with non-combat segments to SA, that's why I like it so much) and usually having a lot less atmosphere (SC an exception, as much as I hate the game overall). Fighting is where the character variety actually shines and that character variety is what makes the game replayable and what should be focused on, and the better entries in the series get this and don't primarily focus on gimmicks or puzzles without dragging combat on or making it tiring. And SA does that best while having clearly the most effort put into little touches and really making it feel special, even if it's lacking in challenge or dated mechanically.

Also the 3DS game was still pretty good. SF and, ironically SC kinda have that going for them too, but I was only excited about the 3DS version in SA for some reason. /shrug Can't say wether it holds up as well as I remember though.

SA > SI > SF >> TT > Giants.

I'm sorry. I know I said I'm gone but I've just replayed every entry for a few hours and I had to write this somewhere. My top 3 are pretty good but then TT gets kinda clunky and horribly unbalanced and goes back on a bunch from SF, and Giants has fun elements but is ultimately slow and boring with only a few levels that buck that trend of being slow and boring (most overrated game of the series imo, SC does get a lot of hate so I can't say it's that no matter how much I want to, Giants is much shorter on good content and slower than people mention, honestly I think 2/3 of the levels are completely boring and never replay the game from the start because many of those are all in a row), and SC outright sucks.

I'm glad I went back to the original entry and found I still enjoy it... Simpler times. Part of me wishes I had stopped with that entry but then I would be a very different person. I just feel like the rest of the series isn't worth it in retrospect, even if I like a couple of later ones. I wish I could get a decent amount of value from most of my figures wether that be through gameplay or money selling them off but it won't happen anymore, really only felt that value in the first game and I'll never replay the others as much as I used to, feel in too deep and would get so little to make selling them off worth it.

Sorry for the rant, walls and incoherency at points btw. I'm out, here's my last opinion on the games, since I've actually given every one a shot again. I used to have a lot more passion for this series and I can see why in retrospect. Skylanders just never lived up to its full potential.
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 12:26:59 04/01/2018 by Drawdler
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#24 Posted: 04:11:40 05/01/2018
SSA is my second favourite, tied with SI. SG is my absolute favourite, also one of my favourite games overall.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
CountMoneyBone Gold Sparx Gems: 2867
#25 Posted: 13:16:39 08/01/2018
i have it right here and all the figures, and dont miss it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
LeonSteamhawk Green Sparx Gems: 412
#26 Posted: 14:53:22 08/01/2018
I saw the Wii versions of Spyro's Adventure and Giants "bundled" together, with a portal separate from them, at an antique mall (barely qualify as antiques, but...) the other day, would've bought them if I had a Wii. Would've been cool to experience how the series started, as I unfortunately didn't actually start until Imaginators. smilie
---
smilie "Protect and Surge!" smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:45 08/01/2018 by LeonSteamhawk
#27 Posted: 13:24:35 11/01/2018
Quote: LeonSteamhawk
I saw the Wii versions of Spyro's Adventure and Giants "bundled" together, with a portal separate from them, at an antique mall (barely qualify as antiques, but...) the other day, would've bought them if I had a Wii. Would've been cool to experience how the series started, as I unfortunately didn't actually start until Imaginators. smilie

the wii version is best to stay away from since its the worst version of the game, it have 480i resolution and has no widescreen.. you should get the ps3/xb360 versions instead that have 1080p/widescreen and looks okay on 55" hd tv.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:30:59 11/01/2018 by CountMoneyBone
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2002
#28 Posted: 19:24:30 11/01/2018
The graphics aren’t that bad on the Wii. Swap Force on the other hand...
---
What monstrosity has been brought upon the world?
#29 Posted: 00:24:53 13/01/2018
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: LeonSteamhawk
I saw the Wii versions of Spyro's Adventure and Giants "bundled" together, with a portal separate from them, at an antique mall (barely qualify as antiques, but...) the other day, would've bought them if I had a Wii. Would've been cool to experience how the series started, as I unfortunately didn't actually start until Imaginators. :(

the wii version is best to stay away from since its the worst version of the game, it have 480i resolution and has no widescreen.. you should get the ps3/xb360 versions instead that have 1080p/widescreen and looks okay on 55" hd tv.

The HD versions are iffy ports. Graphics weren't remade properly and often look too shiny. Even more lag. While not a bug fest is still nosticeably buggier than Wii version. Butchered the final level by giving it huge waiting segments. If you can't get the Wii version they're still pretty enjoyable but once you play the Wii version it's clear that TFB originally developed that and the other company that ported SA did a rush job. I also remember that the final boss is different somehow but I don't remember the exact changes and I think that was an "apples and oranges" thing.

And go ahead kappa, try and fling something at me about how underpowered the Wii is or how it's missing tweaks from the HD versions. Like zoroark said, SA still looks really good for a Wii game anyways, but it has a bunch of pros above the HD versions that make it better to play. Fair enough if you disagree with that but your attitude about that is not fair enough. I've seen you and I know you love to egg people on. Get outta here.

at least everyone can agree the PC version sucks because of how it loves corrupting figures
Dahvoo Hunter Gems: 3645
#30 Posted: 19:15:34 26/01/2018
Quote: Drawdler
The HD versions are iffy ports. Graphics weren't remade properly and often look too shiny. Even more lag. While not a bug fest is still nosticeably buggier than Wii version.

I agree. My preferred software/hardware for playing the games is:

SSA: Wii U (Wii mode)
SG: Wii U
SSF-SI: PS4
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#31 Posted: 12:12:45 29/01/2018
i tried but could not enjoy the iffy wii version of ssa on a 55 inch hd tv, it looked and played horrible. i had no problems with the ps3 version of ssa, so i only play the ps3, now if i am gonna play ssa. i admit it looks a bit outdated but its way way better than the iffy wii version.

the best version of the games and the best platform to play them on is these..

ps3: ssa
wiiu: sg
ps4: ssfi-si

and when it comes to the wiiu sg, it was a little surprise how good it looked compared to the ps3 and xb360, the graphics was much more crisp and colorful. so you can clearly see what the main developer platform they used.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:21:14 29/01/2018 by CountMoneyBone
Dahvoo Hunter Gems: 3645
#32 Posted: 15:20:59 29/01/2018
i tried but could not enjoy the iffy wii version of ssa on a 55 inch hd tv, it looked and played horrible. i had no problems with the ps3 version of ssa, so i only play the ps3, now if i am gonna play ssa. i admit it looks a bit outdated but its way way better than the iffy wii version.

I understand SSA on Wii looks worse than 360/PS3, especially on a large HD display, but no way does it play worse (unless you hate waggle controls which is understandable). Wii version is the original game as made by TFB, so it has minimal bugs compared to the 360/PS3 ports.

and when it comes to the wiiu sg, it was a little surprise how good it looked compared to the ps3 and xb360, the graphics was much more crisp and colorful. so you can clearly see what the main developer platform they used.

I doubt the Wii U the main platform when they developed SG, the console wasn't even out yet. SG on Wii U looks as good or better than 360/PS3 because it was made last and ported to a console with slightly better hardware.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#33 Posted: 23:34:27 29/01/2018
Yeah I can't agree even that the HD versions look better. They muted so many colors and so many details got washed out... not to mention the horrendous screen tearing, I've never seen a game that had that issue nearly as often. (Don't say this issue doesn't exist on PS3, I've seen footage and it damn well does.)

I do play the Wii version on a Wii U however which IIRC upscales Wii games to 1080p. And this is on a 65" HDTV. And I have also played it there on my XBox 360 and firmly thought it looks worse. Despite higher resolution it gives the impression it is as low-res as the Wii with how washed out the colors are. I think the color issue is due to the lighting... whatever lighting they used for those HD ports is awful. The water in the ruins make a great example of that- on Wii you can see so many more shades and everything under the water is clearly visible and you can see the effort in designing it, on PS360 the water covers everything up much more and the rocks are barely visible and you never get those lovely deep shades of blue. Another place with terrible lighting in the ports is Cadaverous Crypt, everything is too bright for it to feel as atmospheric as on Wii.

Even then... Screen tearing. You can't argue against that. It objectively exists and both creats bits of input lag and makes the game look worse, and it's so frequent I've never picked up one of the HD versions and not had it happen, even within the Ruins. The screen tearing in the HD versions is a frequent thing, not just ocassional, not just some levels.

And Wii U was probably not the main dev platform for Giants. VV ported that game to Wii U, so.
Also can't agree Wii U is the best platform for that game anyway as it has a nasty tendency to randomly hardlock, which happened on both my Wii Us, so I don't feel like that's something wrong with the hardware I had. But it does have the advantage of the GamePad mode, even if I never use that. Maybe it was my disc but I don't enjoy Giants enough to replace it and I know others had this issue when the U came out, so I'm confident there is something wrong with the coding on there. Even if I also think I'm unlucky with how often it hardlocked on me.

IMO

Wii for SA
anything but Wii for SG (Wii U is questionable with the hardlocks but also has the advantage of GamePad if you actually use that feature), Wii version isnt that much of a downgrade + lets you use Wiimote aiming for turrets tho
PS4 or XOne for SF
Wii U for SC (Bowser/DK) ... although frankly the 3ds version is better than the main one
Switch for SI (Bowser/DK + portability and full character storage)

frankly however cmb I'm going to be surprised if you legitimately played the Wii version as again, you have a tendency of just egging users on, and a history of making up BS complaints you even go back on for your own convinience.

Edit: I researched a bit more and apparently Wii U upscales Wii games to 480p, which if I understand right normally only works with component cables you need to buy separately. But those are dirt cheap and SA looked great on Wii U, I've ordered some component cables and expect they will give me the same quality. Either way it's certainly possible to make this game look sharper and I'd argue it's still better-looking on a Wii stuck with 576i resolution than the lazy HD ports.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 02:12:49 13/02/2018 by Drawdler
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me