Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Patina NIGHTFALL?! [CLOSED]
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#51 Posted: 05:39:19 07/01/2016
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: SilverWolf2308
Quote: OnionCakes

All the amiibo and skylander people do that. Or they have new backers made and paste them over top of the old ones or they use a hair dryer to remove them from the original box so it looks nice when they reglue it.

How's a hairdryer meant to make a box look nice, I know it works great on shrink wrap but it'd melt the bloody Skylander box.

No it wouldt. I use that method to remove my GameStop price stickers from them and no packaging damage has ever been done. I also tested it on a random piece of Skylander packaging once because I was bored and it took a solid couple of minutes to warp it.

I thought you meant putting it back together. Our EB Games stickers come off with a breeze, you just peel them right off, no damage what so ever smilie
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#52 Posted: 19:29:50 07/01/2016
Quote: ninja9351

How's a hairdryer meant to make a box look nice, I know it works great on shrink wrap but it'd melt the bloody Skylander box.

No it wouldt. I use that method to remove my GameStop price stickers from them and no packaging damage has ever been done. I also tested it on a random piece of Skylander packaging once because I was bored and it took a solid couple of minutes to warp it.

I thought you meant putting it back together. Our EB Games stickers come off with a breeze, you just peel them right off, no damage what so ever smilie

Omg no. I think gamestop uses acid in thier stickers. they mess up everything
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#53 Posted: 20:43:42 07/01/2016
they leave a residue that just isn't going away. unfortunately using Goo Gone will damage the box, so you have to live with it.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#54 Posted: 21:02:13 07/01/2016
I can tell you how to get them off? Just ask?

Oh wait look below........

Zippo lighter fluid a few drops on your sticker then tilt package around to cover the sticker wait 2 to 3 mins then peel it off. Use a soft cloth with a few drops to wipe off residue and there you go brand new don't wipe to hard. I have only had one fail on a wrecking ball package I waited to long and the ink on the board ran all over and made a mess. I have over 200 figures in their packages still and no stickers in sight. Good luck all. A few drops will do ya oh thank you Zippo Lighter fluid.
[User Posted Image]

Just a PSA.. Don't smoke when doing this or use near an open flame. Just a heads up.......
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:01 07/01/2016 by trixster68
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#55 Posted: 21:12:51 07/01/2016
Best thing? Talk to the GameStop store manager. I spoke with mine and now they put the price tags on the plastic bubble where they peel off easily and clean up nicely. Also, for exclusives, he sets a few aside without tags at all for the first day or two for myself and other collectors who come in on a regular basis.

Be nice. You never know what it'll get you. It helps that my GS manager is freaking awesome and has done a lot to convert me from previously just really disliking GS altogether.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#56 Posted: 01:29:25 08/01/2016
Sounds great if you can get to them before they've slammed the stickers. I'm about 50/50 finding these on the bubble vs card stock.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#57 Posted: 03:01:34 08/01/2016
My favorite store just does it on all the TTL figures. I wish GS would make it a corporate direction, but alas. If you get in good with the store manager, he/she might just start doing it at the store.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#58 Posted: 09:04:06 08/01/2016
Time makes a difference too... older stickers are much harder to remove. I think the adhesive breaks down the surface and separates it from the core of the cardboard. Its just nasty!

I'm convinced Patina Nightfall is no good. If you thought Burn-Cycle colors were off, then it should be painfully obvious. It looks like acid corrosion.
[User Posted Image]
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:18:23 08/01/2016 by 4inCreation
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me