darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Altmageddon (The all purpose SSC Variant topic)
Page 1 of 1
Altmageddon (The all purpose SSC Variant topic)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 19:13:19 19/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay... so there are, including DK and Bowser, 20 ORIGINAL characters in SSC. Remember that number.

Now... As for variants... Both Chase and In-Game...

1. Dark Spitfire
2. Instant Spitfire
3. Patina LL Eruptor
4. Dark Bowser
5. Missile-Tow Dive Clops
6. Instant Dive Clops
7. Egg-cited Thrillipede
8. Dark SS Stealth Elf
9. Instant SS Stealth Elf
10. Snow-Brite Stormblade
11. Legendary Hurricane Jet Vac
12. Patina High Volt
13. Power Blue DD Triggs
14. Power Blue Splat
15. Birthday Bash BB Pop Fizz
16. Legendary Astroblast
17. Frightful Fiesta
18. Legendary BB Roller Brawl
19. Dark DK
20. Steel Plated Smash Hit
21. Unknown "Special" DDTH

THERE ARE AS MANY VARIANTS AS THERE ARE ORIGINAL SKYLANDERS. THE ONLY 3 SKYLANDERS WITHOUT A VARIANT OF SOME KIND ARE SHARK SHOOTER TERRAFIN AND DEEP DIVE GILL GRUNT. (At this rate, i'd be surprised if we DIDN'T get variants of these 2!)

WAT.

-

WHEN THE SKYLANDS IS BROKEN, ONLY ONE HANDYMAN CAN FIX IT-

Me. I'll be organizing this OP soon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:31:54 27/01/2016 by ZapNorris
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2 Posted: 19:18:42 19/12/2015
Love that Cipher reference at the end. Love the show. That picture you made in the Stormblade topic is a work of art. Seriously.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 19:24:26 19/12/2015
And that's counting gimmick-reposes, because we only have 12(??) new unique characters to nearly 40 variants.

So much for rubbing it in TFB's face that they can do quality over quantity. There's only half the qualidy for this game's real quantity, even if the only one getting benefits from this is the texture artist who gets to edit 5 times the models.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 20:06:28 19/12/2015
And to think we thought the less amount of characters would mean less variants.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 20:07:26 19/12/2015
Nightfall *does* sorta have a variant, with the recall and non-recalled versions.

Anywhoo, I don't think it really makes sense to count the "instant" versions - since they're not figures in any way. But that's just my opinion. Still a lot of variants this game either way.
#6 Posted: 20:12:09 19/12/2015
The autounlocked instants don't count but the iOS ones might, since they're not required but you can buy them for real money. No new figures,but new variants.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#7 Posted: 21:48:51 19/12/2015
Spyro's Adventure:
32 characters, 26 variants

Giants:
40 characters (16+24 reposed), 45 variants

Swap Force:
48 characters (32 + 16 reposed), 42 variants
---
bye
#8 Posted: 21:53:20 19/12/2015
Yeah,but in Giants' defense,you still had 40 original characters,and Wow Pows were just introduced opening a ton of room for people to enjoy the veterans again. You don't get something like 5 hot streaks where there's so much that plays the same.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:51 19/12/2015 by Bifrost
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 23:32:41 19/12/2015
I wish I could prove that Power Blue Double Dare Trigger Happy is a fake, but I don't have any proof.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#10 Posted: 06:18:42 20/12/2015
They can play the unoriginality/laziness game with variants all they want...at the end of the day, they've produced a sub-par game which has been really struggling in sales resulting in multiple 50% off sales during a season where they used to make bank charging much more for their gimmick figures. The international sales market is dwindling as many retailers don't even bother to carry Skylanders anymore. Activision has started digging themselves a grave for the Skylanders franchise. Outside of these fan forums and collector circles, all this nonsense of variants doesn't seem to generate any sort of interest which would result in increased sales where people would double dip...casual players just don't care to own both a regular version of a character AND a legendary/dark/holiday/chase/nitro/alt deco version as well. Us hardcore fans who collect them all and are silly enough to chase after variants represent less than 0.1% of the Skylanders purchasing population. Activision needs to get their act together to make their product more attractive to the other 99.9% of the purchasing base and these re-hashes come off as petty and unoriginal cash grabs in a sub-par game which wasn't as openly embraced as prior games in the franchise. Is making a quality game with an original storyline and nice set of unique and colorful characters asking too much? Characters need to be affordable as well...this MSRP of $13 for figures and $15 for their miscellaneous side gimmick simply won't fly if they try it again.
#11 Posted: 07:13:58 20/12/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Is making a quality game with an original storyline and nice set of unique and colorful characters asking too much?

I don't get it? Superchargers and the previous entries are quality games with an original storyline and nice set of unique and colorful characters.
---
bye
#12 Posted: 13:28:11 20/12/2015
Yeah, story wasn't a problem,and the unique characters were there. It's just that they were just 10 characters(plus skymiibo) and ~6 hours of story mode, too little of that good stuff.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:29:09 20/12/2015 by Bifrost
#13 Posted: 18:43:32 20/12/2015
Quote: newkill
Is making a quality game with an original storyline and nice set of unique and colorful characters asking too much?

I don't get it? Superchargers and the previous entries are quality games with an original storyline and nice set of unique and colorful characters.

In case you haven't been reading the forums, there is lots of criticism about this game by us fans...and probably more by the general buying public who don't frequent these forums. They focused on racing rather than a traditional gameplay involving Skylanders. And even the traditional Skylanders gameplay on levels is interrupted in a forced way with the racing. You don't have the ability to play through most levels as just a Skylander doing his/her own thing.

As far as your comment, you don't seem to have a critique of Superchargers or any prior games. You seem to be content with whatever and your statement of "Superchargers and the previous entries are quality games with an original storyline and nice set of unique and colorful characters" will most likely apply to Sky 6 and beyond since they'll all have a storyline and new characters. Care to have an opinion comparing and contrasting the games? You can't honestly say Superchargers hit a high note with new and unique characters. Personally, Swap Force hit it out of the park with all the great unique Swappers and core lineup of Roller Brawl, Star Strike, Dune Bug, Zoo Lou, Bumble Blast, Scratch, Punk Shock, Pop Thorn, Grim Creeper, Rip Tide, Fryno, Wind Up, Scorp, Slobber Tooth, & Smolderdash.
#14 Posted: 19:06:30 20/12/2015
And you seem to be making a ton of assumptions based on a user instead of answering their question. That's mostly because I'm going to pretend I'm not reading 'unique' and 'swappers' in the same sentence.

Great gameplay? SC has it. Great story? SC has it. Making good use of that instead of making a criminally short game because gimmick? That's the real issue.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:39 20/12/2015 by Bifrost
#15 Posted: 20:06:35 20/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
And you seem to be making a ton of assumptions based on a user instead of answering their question. That's mostly because I'm going to pretend I'm not reading 'unique' and 'swappers' in the same sentence.

Great gameplay? SC has it. Great story? SC has it. Making good use of that instead of making a criminally short game because gimmick? That's the real issue.

I agree...imagine if they poured all that time in development and testing of the racing portion into a longer and more robust storyline. It's called opportunity costs wasted on a gimmick. They could have developed more levels or better post-game content such as PvP or battle arenas. And the "great" gameplay and story you refer to is ruined by having to stop to race...forced racing ruins the replay value for me as I dread racing and there's no way to re-live and enjoy the story and/or gameplay without the racing. Story lines from these games have been memorable...the racing is just an annoying blur in my memory.
#16 Posted: 22:16:29 20/12/2015
You are right, I enjoy pretty much everything they throw at me with each entry so far because I honestly enjoy it and think it is all well put together. To me, Superchargers is a quality game with a good story and cool characters, but it isn't perfect like any of the previous entries. I don't mind about the racing aspects of the game, I feel they made the best compromise of classic Skylanders gameplay and something new. I would have liked a better way to level up my Skylanders and a few more Story levels though, but it doesn't bother me to the point I'm gonna complain about it. I don't let the bad things overshadow how awesome the game is otherwise.

On a sidenote, I consider Trap Team and Superchargers to be on the same level. Trap Team has the best characters line up in my opinion, and Superchargers has the most interesting levels and added some interesting changes (Quests, randomized collectibles, Portal Master Powers, etc.).
---
bye
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#17 Posted: 23:37:38 20/12/2015
They can play the unoriginality/laziness game with variants all they want...at the end of the day, they've produced a sub-par game which has been really struggling in sales resulting in multiple 50% off sales during a season where they used to make bank charging much more for their gimmick figures. The international sales market is dwindling as many retailers don't even bother to carry Skylanders anymore. Activision has started digging themselves a grave for the Skylanders franchise. Outside of these fan forums and collector circles, all this nonsense of variants doesn't seem to generate any sort of interest which would result in increased sales where people would double dip...casual players just don't care to own both a regular version of a character AND a legendary/dark/holiday/chase/nitro/alt deco version as well. Us hardcore fans who collect them all and are silly enough to chase after variants represent less than 0.1% of the Skylanders purchasing population. Activision needs to get their act together to make their product more attractive to the other 99.9% of the purchasing base and these re-hashes come off as petty and unoriginal cash grabs in a sub-par game which wasn't as openly embraced as prior games in the franchise. Is making a quality game with an original storyline and nice set of unique and colorful characters asking too much? Characters need to be affordable as well...this MSRP of $13 for figures and $15 for their miscellaneous side gimmick simply won't fly if they try it again.

I fully endorse this post.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:42:07 20/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#18 Posted: 20:51:46 21/12/2015
Really guys....didn't we already have this topic?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#19 Posted: 21:07:26 21/12/2015
Sorry for double posting, but

BEHOLD, The Alt-Deco-Inator. With this, I will make alt-decos of just about EVERY SKYLANDER AND VEHICLE IN THE TRI-SKYLAND AREA!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#20 Posted: 00:08:24 31/12/2015 | Topic Creator
bump because this topic will serve purpose now
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#21 Posted: 00:10:47 31/12/2015
There was a special Nightfall found in the game a while ago with Power Blue Splat + Power Blue Splatter Splasher. So maybe there's a Patina Nightfall or some other variant for Nightfall, but it's not a variant that shows up in game.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#22 Posted: 00:56:51 31/12/2015
Every character has the ability to have a "special" tag added to it and be recognized by the game.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#23 Posted: 01:14:14 31/12/2015
Quote: Luminous35
There was a special Nightfall found in the game a while ago with Power Blue Splat + Power Blue Splatter Splasher. So maybe there's a Patina Nightfall or some other variant for Nightfall, but it's not a variant that shows up in game.

I could be wrong, but that Special Nightfall is actually just the first release Nightfall that didn't register. The ability to play as the once broken Nightfall was patched into the game later.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#24 Posted: 02:25:55 31/12/2015
There is no Special DDTH. It only appears in the collection because of the messed up collection with the patch update on iOS.
---
bye
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#25 Posted: 12:34:52 19/02/2016
Add Bronze BB Roller Brawl and the variant vehicles, please! Because Skylanders Character List doesn't have Superchargers variants yet, I'm using this as the SC variants list! *bookmarks*
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me