Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > 50% Off Skylanders Superchargers Figures and Vehicles at Toys R Us
Page 1 of 1
50% Off Skylanders Superchargers Figures and Vehicles at Toys R Us [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#1 Posted: 04:59:59 14/12/2015 | Topic Creator
They must be really hurting for sales to have a fire sale like this just before Christmas. On a positive note, this is a great way to get wave 3 vehicles at about 50% off (not a true 50% off because of TRU surcharge). Figures are $6.99 and vehicles are $8.49.

http://t.toysrus.com/brsearch#...20superchargers

Edit: looks like they forgot to do 50% off for Legendary Hurricane Jet Vac and Frightful Fiesta online.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:06:10 14/12/2015 by mastermc54
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 06:41:56 14/12/2015
Don't forget the in store BUY ONE GET TWO FREE going on for Giants and Swap Force figures. And 9.99 starter packs of aforementioned games. 12/13-12/19. Triple Pack Giants are $5 there and at Five Below.

Yes, fire sale indeed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:42:31 14/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#3 Posted: 20:31:37 14/12/2015
Make sure to check if there are any characters in back stock. I saw a couple boxes behind the counter and 1 was open with Scratch and other assorted figures. Buy 1 Get 2 includes SA figures too, just not swappers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:46 14/12/2015 by 4inCreation
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 21:01:29 14/12/2015
I got the thump truck for $9 bucks yesterday! Thanks for the heads up
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#5 Posted: 21:14:19 14/12/2015
Can anyone give an end date to this sale? Also, is there any info on restocks
#6 Posted: 21:41:03 14/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: isaac343018s

It could end at any point or it could be all week. It seems every single Monday is an opportunity for retailers to advertise a Cyber Monday or Green Monday sale. What are you referring to as far as restocks? All Superchargers stuff is in plenty of stock, but I suppose some stores may be poor at rotating merchandise onto shelves. If your store doesn't have something you're looking for, it doesn't hurt to ask about any stock they have in boxes in the back, although it may be a tall task for the exhausted and sometimes useless holiday/seasonal workers they have in some stores.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#7 Posted: 22:40:11 14/12/2015
By restocks I mean when will Toys R Us have more of say, Shield Striker for example as it is currently out of stock
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#8 Posted: 04:17:11 15/12/2015
I should see if this is in effect tomorrow, is this in store too?
#9 Posted: 04:38:20 15/12/2015
Quote: isaac343018s

12/13 to 12/19 I believe.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10 Posted: 05:52:09 15/12/2015
I this deal in store, or online only?
---
Dead
#11 Posted: 06:51:24 15/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I believe this sale is in store as well. Worst case scenario...have them price match to their online website.
procrstntngdrgn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3613
#12 Posted: 08:08:16 15/12/2015
It is in store too
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#13 Posted: 02:12:04 16/12/2015
i just got back from TRU, got 3 swapforce figures and thumptruck and shiledstriker for $28 total, i also had a $5 coupon. splater splasher was there but i resisted the urg to buy it as im waiting for the triple pack with that and roller brawler figure and vehicle. same thing with pop fizz. im saving it for the double pack. i got everything now minus diveclopse and nightshade both figures and vehicles, i just dont like there design so im putting them off for now. no sky pack yet ether, waiting for none legendary ones.
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#14 Posted: 15:33:23 16/12/2015
Interesting you were able to do that.

The sign at my local TRU was for TRU rewards members only.
And only figures $15.99 or less.

The swap characters just so happen to be $16.99.

Not cool.
-M
#15 Posted: 17:51:55 16/12/2015
Quote: neomas77
Interesting you were able to do that.

The sign at my local TRU was for TRU rewards members only.
And only figures $15.99 or less.

The swap characters just so happen to be $16.99.

Not cool.
-M

I think he ment core figures from swap force.
#16 Posted: 18:08:03 16/12/2015
Nah,
More like a TRU thing.
I'm finding $14.99 and $15.99 for the swap team folks.
I remember when Giants came out they were hicking the price by like $1 on everything.
Gamestop as well.
Guess they kept that policy.

-M
#17 Posted: 18:37:31 16/12/2015
Quote: neomas77
Nah,
More like a TRU thing.
I'm finding $14.99 and $15.99 for the swap team folks.
I remember when Giants came out they were hicking the price by like $1 on everything.
Gamestop as well.
Guess they kept that policy.

-M

10.99 + 8.49 + 8.49 = 27.97
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:38 16/12/2015 by 4inCreation
#18 Posted: 19:06:56 16/12/2015
Where are you that you're finding swap force characters new:

Magna Charge/ Freeze Blade/ Night Shift/ Trap Shadow/ etc.....

for only $10.99?

I may have to make a trip to where your area.
smilie

-M
#19 Posted: 19:13:38 16/12/2015
swap force core characters, like fire bone hot dog, scratch, hyper beam prism break.
#20 Posted: 20:19:21 16/12/2015
Yes, I figured those.
But to access the special levels you need the bottom halves of the swap team.
Though for the thing to register a character, some form of top needs to be on there.

Its a not bad deal 2 for 1.
Maybe if I can score a Legendary bouncer then get 2 free swap norms or something.
I'm liking the Fryno character.

Thanks for the info.
-M
#21 Posted: 20:53:53 16/12/2015
I was referring to Alphawolf getting only swap force cores, not swappers. You said "Interesting you were able to do that". Maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, I saw 2 assorted boxes at my TRU, each with:

Fryno
2 Scratch
2 Dune Bug
2 Smolderdash

Turbo Jet-Vac
Phantom Cynder
Fire Bone Hot Dog
Horn Blast Whirlwind
Hyper Beam Prism Break
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#22 Posted: 21:40:44 16/12/2015
I can confirm what other people are seeing. I got myself a Scratch (they had two), a Fire Bone Hot Dog and Anchors Away Gill Grint. I needed Turbo Jet-Vac, but I couldn't find anything else that I wanted to combine with him. I missed out on getting a Phantom Cynder, Horn Blast Whirlwind and Hyper Beam Prism Break but I bet they had them eariler.

[User Posted Image]
---
Stay Cool!
#23 Posted: 00:02:55 17/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Toys R Us is totally mucking things up with this sale online by having many of the vehicles out of stock. They're going to hitting themselves over the head when they have overstock that nobody wants after the holidays.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#24 Posted: 00:53:44 17/12/2015
ahh im jealous. my local TRU's didnt have the best selection of swapforce characters. and also i got 3 core figures from swap force not the actual swappers. and im also a TRU member thats how i got the $5 coupon. you were close 4inCreation on you math but mine was a little bit more because of tax and i got a lightcore figure, so that was an extra 2 dollars or so. its a good deal kind of, the huge sale they had before black friday of all core characters from swap force down for 3 bucks each was where it was at.
#25 Posted: 05:04:51 17/12/2015
After seeing that Anchors Away Gill Grunt, I think there might have been only 1 Smolderdash and Gill Grunt instead.
#26 Posted: 06:38:55 17/12/2015
I went back tonight and they were restocking the shelves. There were no Splats and Splatter boats this afternoon but now at least a dozen each of them! They are doing a good job of reshelfing the popular characters I guess? I looked though all the new stuff for variants but no luck and I was hoping I would get luckly as I rarely get to anything right after they put them out.

Amazingly an Hyper Beam Prism Break magically appeared! I think someone dumped him elsewhere in the store and they put him back into the right section because that's how I found the Hot Dog, he was far away from where he belonged. So I picked up that one and the Turbo Jet-Vac which I wanted earlier. Of course I had trouble deciding on the third.

I found a single Lightcore Flashwing but I wasn't certain if I had her or not and she had such a horrible paintjob that she probably should have been rejected at the factory. They had a Giants Slam Bam which I know I needed but I felt it would be a rip-off to get a free $5 figure instead of a $11.99 one. LOL So I took the Lightcore Flashwing. She's a favorite of mine, so even if she's a double, I'll try my hands at repainting her into a new color, probably make her into a Legendary Lightcore Flashwing or something.

Just wondering, is anyone else put off from buying SuperChargers at 50% off when they see buy BOGT (buy one get two) on the older ones? I was staring at the SC figures and I was like...nah, perhaps when they get as cheap as these Swap Forcers will I start buying them. Sad, but true! I got my Splat and no one else really screams "buy me" this year. They are quitely telling me, "you know you'll be buying me for under $5 if you can wait just a little longer". LOL
---
Stay Cool!
#27 Posted: 07:18:00 17/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I found tons of Swap Force stuff at my central NJ TRU...Scratch, Fire Bone Hot Dog, Smolderdash, Hyper Beam Prism Break, Turbo Jet Vac, Fryno, Phantom Cynder, Horn Blast Whirlwind, tons of Dune Bug, and countless others. Either TRU magically found crates full of Swap Force figures in a warehouse or are getting new shipments in because Scratch, FB Hot Dog, and some of the others were rare for quite a while.

I was able to get the 3 wave 3 vehicles for just under $21 with the sale prices plus the $5 off $25 AARP discount they offer Monday-Thursday. No way was I going near the $15 MSRP per vehicle, but this sale was good enough for me to start expanding my vehicle collection again.

Just an FYI - I had noticed Legendary Hurricane Jet Vac and Frightful Fiesta aren't on sale at TRU.com. I grabbed a Legendary Hurricane Jet Vac in store and it rang up full price...it had to be adjusted down to the sale price. It stinks to think how many unknowing Christmas shoppers TRU has ripped off by charging full price on these 2 figures...signs in store clearly indicate all Superchargers are 50% off, so it's a fairly big oversight on the part of TRU to "forget" to include 2 figures in the sale pricing.
#28 Posted: 07:45:41 17/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: fairyland
Just wondering, is anyone else put off from buying SuperChargers at 50% off when they see buy BOGT (buy one get two) on the older ones? I was staring at the SC figures and I was like...nah, perhaps when they get as cheap as these Swap Forcers will I start buying them. Sad, but true! I got my Splat and no one else really screams "buy me" this year. They are quitely telling me, "you know you'll be buying me for under $5 if you can wait just a little longer". LOL

There's a price point for everybody. I balk at the MSRP of the Superchargers figures and vehicles, but there's plenty of Skylanders fans more hardcore than me on these forums who are more than happy to fork down MSRP the week they are released, so to each their own. This 50% off TRU sale and the GameStop BOGO sale are as close to a fire sale as we're going to see until mid 2016 unless sales figures are so bad this year that the Skylanders market just crashes and retailers look to unload stock at a loss to clear shelf space or get out of Skylanders completely. It makes me wonder how Skylanders sales are going at Target, Walmart, and Best Buy since they've been selling figures at MSRP with the exception of Black Friday and some occasional weekly sales which can't compete with these much better December sales from TRU/GameStop. To be fair, the buy one, get 2 free sale you mention is for figures are for Swap Force and earlier, so you're probably going to have to wait about 2 years for a similar Superchargers sale assuming they run the same sale including Trap Team figures next year. If you're not a completionist collector and are instead a more casual collector not concerned with missing out on a few figures, by all means, it makes sense to wait for a $5 or less sale. Each fan differs with the budget they have, what pace they collect at, and the volume of figures they're content having to playing with.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:46:46 17/12/2015 by mastermc54
#29 Posted: 16:28:59 17/12/2015
Fire Bone and Scratch were two tough cookies for anyone trying to get one post Swap Force to now, and seeing them on the shelf AND with this offer is like a major plus.
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#30 Posted: 16:30:51 17/12/2015
I returned to TRU with all my receipts in hand for all of the Skylanders I had purchased since release date and received the difference back for each one. All figures and vehicles are indeed 50% off in store except for the Legendary Jet Vac. This offer was definitely not advertised in the store which is a little strange but they do scan at half price.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:40 17/12/2015 by spoons10696
#31 Posted: 01:12:49 22/12/2015
Today they had 75% of the older Skylanders and luckily they restocked again and I got the ones which I missed out on last week. Phantom Cinder, Knockout Terrafin and Horn Blast Whirlwind. I believe that I only need two more SF Skylanders off of that poster to have a set. Normal Grim Creeper and Wind Up. I think those are battle packs figures with magic items that I'll need.
---
Stay Cool!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#32 Posted: 01:46:06 22/12/2015
Today they had 75% of the older Skylanders and luckily they restocked again and I got the ones which I missed out on last week. Phantom Cinder, Knockout Terrafin and Horn Blast Whirlwind. I believe that I only need two more SF Skylanders off of that poster to have a set. Normal Grim Creeper and Wind Up. I think those are battle packs figures with magic items that I'll need.

Check Gamestop and Walmart for Wind Up singles or the Adventure Pack. Normal Grim Creeper is only available in the Arkeyan Crossbow Battle Back.

Or just get them used from Gamestop. They have Buy 2 Get 3 Free frequently.
#33 Posted: 23:42:04 22/12/2015
Quote: defpally

Check Gamestop and Walmart for Wind Up singles or the Adventure Pack. Normal Grim Creeper is only available in the Arkeyan Crossbow Battle Back.

Or just get them used from Gamestop. They have Buy 2 Get 3 Free frequently.

Thanks for the help. I certainly missed out on the Crossbow, Piggy Bank, Platinum Sheep, Groove Machine, Wind-Up and Grim Creeper (basically those two packs) because they were not worth $50 to me. I bought the portal online for $9 back two years ago and I got Camo last month at Gamestop.

Too bad Gamestop doesn't supply the magical items as well. You know, I bought a normal Grim Creeper during one of those Gamestop sales, but they sent to me the Lightcore one instead. The morons! LOL

Well at least I got MOST of my Swap Force figures during those sales and the rest via this recent TRU sale. I'm sure I saved hundreds of dollars and soon I can say I have three complete series of Skylanders. Not counting impossibly rare stuff or the ugly stuff like Legendary Zoo Lou of course.

See ya next year for the Trap Team liquidations, perhaps? LOL I was hoping to get the complete set of Trap Crystals during a sale like this, but restocks of the crystals on discount are no where to be seen.
---
Stay Cool!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me