Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
My Splat smells like bubblegum...
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 22:53:20 06/12/2015 | Topic Creator
When opening my new figure last night, I noticed something extremely strange and unusual. I got the scent of bubblegum... So I decided to smell the figure (don't laugh), and to my surprise, my Splat figure smelled very much so like bubblegum. Still, she smells like bubblegum...
Does anyone else's Splat smell like this? Do I just have a new type of a defect? xD
#2 Posted: 23:06:51 06/12/2015 | Topic Creator
You know... just because a topic already exists, doesn't mean everyone will see it. There are thousands of topics, they go missing, hence why so many end up repeated...
Anyway, that is extremely odd, but cool.
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#3 Posted: 23:13:20 06/12/2015
^ Exactly.

Anyhow, I haven't opened my Splat yet, but that's very cool.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:16 06/12/2015 by DarkPredator
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 23:48:43 06/12/2015
My Splat smells like some sweet sugarcoated candy smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 00:05:14 07/12/2015
Wait, what?! She does? I totally didn't know this because I don't read all threads either but the ones that say SPLAT always gets a click from me! I keep my NIP bought Skylanders MIP, so I totally need to buy a second one to open now! I remember 80s Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelling like stuff too, what an unexpected bonus and throwback to those days.
---
Stay Cool!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#6 Posted: 00:11:31 07/12/2015
If they really are scented, that's pretty cool, I didn't think a Skylander would be like that.
Maybe the next game's gimmick will be about smelling Skylanders? smilie

Quote: CelesteInk
You know... just because a topic already exists, doesn't mean everyone will see it. There are thousands of topics, they go missing, hence why so many end up repeated...

It's good he said that, if someone makes topics about the same thing like this it is usually merged together by a mod.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#7 Posted: 00:14:28 07/12/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
If they really are scented, that's pretty cool, I didn't think a Skylander would be like that.

It's good he said that, if someone makes topics about the same thing like this it is usually merged together by a mod.

Oh god I dont want to smell my skylanders. I remember a swap force topic saying that someone's wash buckler smelled like octopus poop...
---
Spread those positive vibes
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#8 Posted: 00:17:00 07/12/2015
Mine smells the same. Had her for about 2 weeks and still does.
---
Hahahahaha
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#9 Posted: 00:36:42 07/12/2015
after hearing this, I had to check (or smell in this case) mine out and she does have a sweet smell on her.
#10 Posted: 00:37:04 07/12/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Quote: Badwolfmichael

Oh god I dont want to smell my skylanders. I remember a swap force topic saying that someone's wash buckler smelled like octopus poop...

Do I get the feeling that we only think the Skylander smells like something because of his appereance? I mean, you could imagine a pink, color-based figure smelling like candy and an octopus... smelling like an octopus. Maybe Pop Thorn smelled like popcorn and no one noticed... who knows?
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#11 Posted: 00:41:19 07/12/2015
the hell... * smells figures* mine smells like fake pastries.

ive seen other topics about figures smelling weird but man... im not really in the habit of smelling my figures.. but still this is kind of cool. i wonder if they did that because splat is so much different from the other figures and they knew she was going to be popular.
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#12 Posted: 00:43:38 07/12/2015
Ok Splat is defiantly on my list I have to see this figure and smell it...maybe
---
POPSMARTS!
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#13 Posted: 00:50:55 07/12/2015
Everybody go home and smell all of your skylanders! Wonder what others smell.
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#14 Posted: 01:31:36 07/12/2015
My Splat's been out of the box for about a day and she still smells like candy corn. XD

It could be her paint type. I think there's a nebula out in space that's pink and scientists postulated from that that it would smell sweet. Something to do with a certain kind of alcohol base/flavoring that's pink and smells like that. Basically, don't lick your Skylanders no matter how nice they smell. XD
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 01:54:46 07/12/2015
Quote: Razz
Basically, don't lick your Skylanders no matter how nice they smell. XD

Then how is anyone supposed to know which ones are mine? :D
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#16 Posted: 02:41:51 07/12/2015
XD

I always thought that was a revenge thing. :D
#17 Posted: 04:28:26 07/12/2015 | Topic Creator
@BadWolfMichael It just came off as rude and condescending. Choice of words is very important. Anyway, I searched page after page in both Superchargers and Figures forums, and found nothing. I even googled it, and was only given this very topic that I made, with the keywords "Skylanders Scented Splat". Also, I think this may be a hint about a new figure type, as the scent was done subtly and never advertised. Trap Shadow had "Trap" in his name, and his weapon looked Traptanium. Tread Head had a vehicle and said "Supercharged!", so these things have been hinted before. I am thinking... it will be a variant, like Lightcores... Scentcores? xD

@FairyLand Yeah, I totally agree with you. It instead reminded me of scented pogs, but hey, both 90's memories. Lol. I really appreciate small touches like this.
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#18 Posted: 06:58:04 07/12/2015
So happy I found this topic. I know there is apparently another one, but if it wasn't as noticed as this one was, then it doesn't matter! smilie
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
#19 Posted: 07:16:59 07/12/2015 | Topic Creator
smilie I am assuming you just discovered your figure has the scent too?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:18:12 07/12/2015 by CelesteInk
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#20 Posted: 07:48:40 07/12/2015
The first topic was in Wave 3 about halfway down page 4 if anyone wants to see it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:49:42 07/12/2015 by 4inCreation
#21 Posted: 08:09:52 07/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: 4inCreation
The first topic was in Wave 3 about halfway down page 4 if anyone wants to see it.

So it wasn't actually a topic then, and was instead a side subject in a different topic. I'm going to have to argue that this topic is good as it is, an actual topic, because many people didn't read that, since that wasn't the subject of the topic. Man... I've said word too much for one comment. Lol
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#22 Posted: 12:44:51 07/12/2015
Ok, so we can officially say, there is, in fact, a candy smell in the splat figure.

I don't have this figure (it doesn't appeal to me that much), but the fact it could be a hint of future impementations makes me curious about it.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3408
#23 Posted: 15:54:38 07/12/2015
Well, she IS the same element is Painyatta.
---
My Watery Warriors: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smiliesmilie
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#24 Posted: 16:48:35 07/12/2015
When opening my new figure last night, I noticed something extremely strange and unusual. I got the scent of bubblegum... So I decided to smell the figure (don't laugh), and to my surprise, my Splat figure smelled very much so like bubblegum. Still, she smells like bubblegum...
Does anyone else's Splat smell like this? Do I just have a new type of a defect? xD

I think everyone smells their figures sometimes, nothing to be ashamed of smilie
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#25 Posted: 17:47:54 07/12/2015
Quote: Kevin16

I think everyone smells their figures sometimes, nothing to be ashamed of smilie

this is a different case. normally the smell is fresh plastic from the box. Splat on the other hand has a sweet scent after unboxing her.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:48:56 07/12/2015 by Barrysun
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#26 Posted: 18:31:29 07/12/2015
So after falling in love with the smell, and constantly sticking a Splat to my nose, I realized something. Why did they decide to make a scented Skylander in the first place? What is the point of a good smelling Skylander?
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
#27 Posted: 21:57:29 07/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Echo2VX
So after falling in love with the smell, and constantly sticking a Splat to my nose, I realized something. Why did they decide to make a scented Skylander in the first place? What is the point of a good smelling Skylander?

As I said before, the fact that it isn't advertised definitely means something. Not many people knew about this, as the box didn't say anything, and it was never said anywhere. It was done subtly...
I really think they're just trying something new, and it could very well be a hint at a new type of variant we'll be seeing in the future. Would a smelling variant pick up? No idea, but hey, I'd be up for a reposed smelly variant of Food Fight (like the reposed lightcore variant of Wham Shell... not part of the new toy line, but just a variant on the side) that smells like tomatoes. It's weird, but I certainly won't complain... although I wish we'd just get Lightcore back already. I wanted Lightcore vehicles. smilie
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#28 Posted: 22:13:28 07/12/2015
Ours also smells sweet, kind of like a sugar cookie or something.

The question maybe is, does anybody's Splat smells normal, like regular ol plastic?
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#29 Posted: 22:53:46 07/12/2015
This is so funny, I had to check myself and sure enough she smells like candy or something sweet. That is really funny indeed. Just for comparison BBPF does not smell like someone passed gas, just a plastic toy. smilie
---
Father of future gamers
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:54 07/12/2015 by Dadskylanders
#30 Posted: 23:07:17 07/12/2015
Quote: Dadskylanders
This is so funny, I had to check myself and sure enough she smells like candy or something sweet. That is really funny indeed. Just for comparison BBPF does not smell like someone passed gas, just a plastic toy. smilie

any chances of us seeing a Skylanders shorts video with Splat and Fryno?
#31 Posted: 23:13:31 07/12/2015
Quote: Barrysun

Why Fryno? Btw. he already had a short and I doubt they would make a short for Skylanders that were new two years ago and I doubt they will bring back Shorts at all.
#32 Posted: 23:22:15 07/12/2015
Quote: Deja Vu

Why Fryno? Btw. he already had a short and I doubt they would make a short for Skylanders that were new two years ago and I doubt they will bring back Shorts at all.

remember in a short where they made fun of Fryno being stinky? I'm thinking of after Fryno seeing Splat surrounded by many male figures (Amiibos, Skylanders, and Infinity figures), commenting how she smells sweet and he gets jealous and tries to dump trash on her.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#33 Posted: 00:15:57 08/12/2015
Quote: Deja Vu

remember in a short where they made fun of Fryno being stinky? I'm thinking of after Fryno seeing Splat surrounded by many male figures (Amiibos, Skylanders, and Infinity figures), commenting how she smells sweet and he gets jealous and tries to dump trash on her.

The smelly one was a parody mad by skylanderboyandgirl
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#34 Posted: 00:21:32 08/12/2015
Nothing for my Splat. BUT Nightfall on the other hand, quite sweet smelling!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#35 Posted: 00:37:21 08/12/2015
What? No way no figure has a scent like that. Unless...it was intentional.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#36 Posted: 01:02:24 08/12/2015
Heh! I can so picture Eon saying "Scentcore" and a mist comes out of the portal. Now that's a gimmick that no one saw coming. LOL I'd be so into it unless they make Stink Bomb into one of those.

Anyway, something else that I don't recall being advertised is how the skulls glow in the dark on the undead figures. Well, perhaps it was mentioned somewhere, but I don't recall it being a huge deal. I still get freaked out when I turn out the lights and one of them is glowing away.
---
Stay Cool!
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#37 Posted: 02:07:36 08/12/2015
I can't figure out exactly which ones of mine are giving off scents, but the plastic container I keep all of my figures in has a smell of paint to me.
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#38 Posted: 03:01:05 08/12/2015
Lol, maybe "Scent" will be the next element of a sort.
---
Father of future gamers
#39 Posted: 05:39:46 08/12/2015 | Topic Creator
@Fairyland You're right. There's been a handful of extra little touches that were never advertised. The glowing skull for the Undead base, Splat's scent, Jolly Bumble Blast being the only Skylander with a snow base, or the sheer stupidity of Astroblast's design. Lol I can just see it on Astroblast "Figure is Stupid!" xD
Pop Fizz always gets reposes too, and so if I am right about smelly variants, Pop Fizz, soda, I can totally see him smelling like a soda flavor, and that would be pretty cool. I can't stand Pop Fizz but I'd buy him again for that.

@Dadskylanders Kind of unrelated, but since you said new element, I've been hoping for a while now, for two new elements to be Poison (or Toxic or Sickness) and Love. Love would be perfect... I mean look at how many people got excited over Splat, the first almost fully pink character. With Love, we could just have a whole element roster of pink and girly characters.
#40 Posted: 12:51:42 08/12/2015
@Fairyland You're right. There's been a handful of extra little touches that were never advertised. The glowing skull for the Undead base, Splat's scent, Jolly Bumble Blast being the only Skylander with a snow base, or the sheer stupidity of Astroblast's design. Lol I can just see it on Astroblast "Figure is Stupid!" xD
Pop Fizz always gets reposes too, and so if I am right about smelly variants, Pop Fizz, soda, I can totally see him smelling like a soda flavor, and that would be pretty cool. I can't stand Pop Fizz but I'd buy him again for that.

@Dadskylanders Kind of unrelated, but since you said new element, I've been hoping for a while now, for two new elements to be Poison (or Toxic or Sickness) and Love. Love would be perfect... I mean look at how many people got excited over Splat, the first almost fully pink character. With Love, we could just have a whole element roster of pink and girly characters.

I also wanted an Ice and a Lightning element but that will sadly never happen as too many Skylanders could already be from that element. Some could argue that Hex could be from Dark, but for that she would need different attacks. There are already a bunch of Ice and Lightning characters like Chill, Freeze Blade, Zap, Lightning Rod etc. Though they've stopped producing ice related characters for Water since Trap Team, could that mean something?
#41 Posted: 13:53:06 08/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I definitely would not oppose Ice and Lightning elements, although if that did happen, I think we could expect revamps of Chill pr Slam Bam and Lightning Rod or Zap. I do agree Hex feels more Dark element as well. I feel like a really cool way to do the revamps in the sixth game (assuming it happens again) is to change those characters so much, they're given a new element. I want to see Hex for Dark and Spyro for Light. I also wouldn't mind seeing Chop Chop in Tech and Deja Vu in Undead. Still, I really want a Love and Poison element, as I've already made several fan ideas for characters of those elements... like the nurse knight Vacciknight or the Victorian witch doctor Vile. xD
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#42 Posted: 15:20:29 08/12/2015
I used to keep my Skylanders in a sealed container. I was greeting by a wave of latex smell every time we pulled them out. Now I keep them in a door rack so they get to air out, and that fixed that problem.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#43 Posted: 22:48:53 08/12/2015
Power Blue will probably smell like blueberries
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#44 Posted: 00:02:14 09/12/2015
I'm wondering, does her vehicle have a scent as well?
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#45 Posted: 02:12:41 09/12/2015
Thanks for the heads up! I sniffed my Splat too and she does smell like sweet like bubblegum/candy. X3
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#46 Posted: 04:41:25 09/12/2015
I'm wondering, does her vehicle have a scent as well?

Her boat does not have a scent.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#47 Posted: 12:50:06 09/12/2015
I'm assuming she was exposed to some type of ester. Which is essentially a mix of chemicals that creates an artificial smell. This is what is used when something says artificially flavored, and it smells just like the real thing.

I'm going to assume she may have been lightly sprayed with an ester before she was packaged.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#48 Posted: 22:23:06 09/12/2015
@BadWolfMichael It just came off as rude and condescending. Choice of words is very important. Anyway, I searched page after page in both Superchargers and Figures forums, and found nothing. I even googled it, and was only given this very topic that I made, with the keywords "Skylanders Scented Splat". Also, I think this may be a hint about a new figure type, as the scent was done subtly and never advertised. Trap Shadow had "Trap" in his name, and his weapon looked Traptanium. Tread Head had a vehicle and said "Supercharged!", so these things have been hinted before. I am thinking... it will be a variant, like Lightcores... Scentcores? xD

@FairyLand Yeah, I totally agree with you. It instead reminded me of scented pogs, but hey, both 90's memories. Lol. I really appreciate small touches like this.

Also, level 1 of Swap Force speaks the word Supercharged.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#49 Posted: 17:25:32 18/12/2015
Wow, that's pretty crazy; reminds me of those scented Strawberry Shortcake figures my sister used to play with. I'll need to pick up Splat at some point and smell for myself :3
---
Purple dragon.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me