Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Day 12/5 WITH NIGHTFALL! NIGHTFALLGATE IS OVER
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Skylanders Day 12/5 WITH NIGHTFALL! NIGHTFALLGATE IS OVER [CLOSED]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#51 Posted: 17:27:03 06/12/2015
I found everything promised on the flier, as well as an E3 Hot Streak. smilie
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#52 Posted: 20:52:37 06/12/2015
Got the Wii U starter, Nightfall, Fiesta and, get this a mint in box mobile starter with Royal Dubs and a Platnium chest for the free starter!

How insane is finding one of those around nowadays, just asking?
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#53 Posted: 21:09:43 06/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: PMTgaming150
Got the Wii U starter, Nightfall, Fiesta and, get this a mint in box mobile starter with Royal Dubs and a Platnium chest for the free starter!

How insane is finding one of those around nowadays, just asking?

Pretty insane, especially with RDT!!
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#54 Posted: 00:44:15 07/12/2015
all this reminds me of the posters as well. i got mine and i got the first one from the pre-order but none of my store had the 2nd poster. i still have no idea when they were suppose to hand them out. my only hope now its to buy it online from ebay or something.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#55 Posted: 01:38:50 07/12/2015
Quote: Alphawolf
all this reminds me of the posters as well. i got mine and i got the first one from the pre-order but none of my store had the 2nd poster. i still have no idea when they were suppose to hand them out. my only hope now its to buy it online from ebay or something.

Is there a Second poster? When did it get released in the US?
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#56 Posted: 22:13:01 07/12/2015
Quote: dinoah2005
Quote: Alphawolf

Is there a Second poster? When did it get released in the US?

thats the thing i have no idea >.< i never got an email or anything, i swear im on there mailing list but i dont seem to be getting anything from them.
AWal Blue Sparx Gems: 640
#57 Posted: 06:56:05 17/12/2015
I hope they do this again sometime, as this deal was pretty much better than any of the November deals I was able to dig up.

I don't think I've ever had as long a receipt from GameStop ever either, as all I had before this was the portal owner (digital) version on Wii U.

10252 - MTDC
10253 - Nightfall

116997 - Dive Clops
120255 - Splat
118696 - High Volt
117003 - Stormblade

118700 - Shark Tank
118698 - Burn Cycle

Also nabbed the rest of the Eon's Elites while I was there, and the Sea Action Pack.

The MTDC and Nightfall were actually being held all day for someone to come in and get them, but it was getting to about 9PM, so they tossed them in the order since the other person probably wasn't coming in to get them anyways. I left with one of the nice big black plastic bags full of goodies.
---
NinNetID: Its.AWal || 3DS FC: 5241-1904-9333 || SSA: 37/37 +3 17/17
SG: 63/63 +4 8/8 || SSF: 75/75 +1 9/9 || STT: 42/72 18/60 8/8 || SEE: 8/8
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#58 Posted: 13:25:45 17/12/2015
TRU has an even better deal right now. Half price figures and vehicles. It means you only have to buy 1 or can buy in odd numbers. Sure there is the TRU tax, but it's a good deal. They have MTDC and Nightfall. Anyone that thought Nightfall would be hard to get needs to check out TRU, they have loads of them - and for half price.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#59 Posted: 19:12:13 17/12/2015
Quote: defpally
TRU has an even better deal right now. Half price figures and vehicles. It means you only have to buy 1 or can buy in odd numbers. Sure there is the TRU tax, but it's a good deal. They have MTDC and Nightfall. Anyone that thought Nightfall would be hard to get needs to check out TRU, they have loads of them - and for half price.

It's definitely not a better deal at TRU. Pricing at GameStop on Skylanders Day broke down to $6.50/Supercharger and $7.50/vehicle (maybe $8...forgot whether or not they have $1 "surcharge"). The TRU deal is $7/Supercharger and $8.50/vehicle, so effectively 45% off MSRP per Supercharger and 43% off MSRP per vehicle. You have to calculate down all percentage off sales at TRU because of their ridiculous surcharges.

I agree about Nightfall...saw plenty at TRU last night. The stock situation might not be as pleasant with Nightfall in a few weeks, but nobody knows for sure. Activision finally did something prudent in making sure the market was flooded with Nightfall for those actively looking for her during the holiday season.
#60 Posted: 01:53:53 18/12/2015
Quote: mastermc54

It's definitely not a better deal at TRU. Pricing at GameStop on Skylanders Day broke down to $6.50/Supercharger and $7.50/vehicle (maybe $8...forgot whether or not they have $1 "surcharge"). The TRU deal is $7/Supercharger and $8.50/vehicle, so effectively 45% off MSRP per Supercharger and 43% off MSRP per vehicle. You have to calculate down all percentage off sales at TRU because of their ridiculous surcharges.

I agree about Nightfall...saw plenty at TRU last night. The stock situation might not be as pleasant with Nightfall in a few weeks, but nobody knows for sure. Activision finally did something prudent in making sure the market was flooded with Nightfall for those actively looking for her during the holiday season.

Well, for starters, TRU deal is still going on, the Gamestop deal ended almost two weeks ago. Secondly, you have to buy two to get the deal at Gamestop, so it isn't a better deal if you only have an odd number of items you want to buy (like just Nightfall).

If you have a time machine and happen to have an even number of items you want, then sure Gamestop is a better deal.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#61 Posted: 06:05:03 18/12/2015

Well, for starters, TRU deal is still going on, the Gamestop deal ended almost two weeks ago. Secondly, you have to buy two to get the deal at Gamestop, so it isn't a better deal if you only have an odd number of items you want to buy (like just Nightfall).

If you have a time machine and happen to have an even number of items you want, then sure Gamestop is a better deal.

Can't own up to the fact that the TRU deal isn't better? The unit cost per figure is more at TRU...therefore, it isn't better...it's simple math. You're arguing a whole different issue about GameStop being a limited sale and having to buy in pairs...I never refuted that, nor were those factors the point of the discussion...the better deal was the one with the lowest bottom dollar cost. If you still can't understand simple math skills and want to bring up time machines, so be it. All other factors aside, you were wrong in your statement claiming that the TRU sale is an even better deal.
#62 Posted: 01:08:08 19/12/2015
Can't own up to the fact that the TRU deal isn't better? The unit cost per figure is more at TRU...therefore, it isn't better...it's simple math. You're arguing a whole different issue about GameStop being a limited sale and having to buy in pairs...I never refuted that, nor were those factors the point of the discussion...the better deal was the one with the lowest bottom dollar cost. If you still can't understand simple math skills and want to bring up time machines, so be it. All other factors aside, you were wrong in your statement claiming that the TRU sale is an even better deal.

We aren't arguing math here, we are arguing a deal that can be had versus one that is no longer available. And the "better" one had another condition attached that you must buy more than you might have wanted to capitalize. I can drive to TRU right now and get this deal on a single figure. If I make the same trip to Gamestop, I pay full price. Even when it was active, if I drive to Gamestop and only buy 1 figure, I still pay full price. Remember, not everyone collects variants - many people just wanted Nightfall, but ended up getting MTDC or something else they may not have wanted.

If you really want to argue semantics, why don't we compare the deals from Black Friday in the mix as well? Those are also no longer obtainable.

As far as "math" goes, $6.99 is better than $12.99 if you aren't in the market for two figures. I have a second unused King Cobra Cadabra in my closet from another time they had B1G1 free. Sure, I took the extra figure - but it isn't really a deal if I get something that I don't want and won't use.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me