Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Storing Your Figures [CLOSED]
Todd Green Sparx Gems: 273
#1 Posted: 02:39:56 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Those of us who have been collecting Skylanders for a while no doubt have a ton of them. What is the best way you guys have found to store them? I used to have an entire bookshelf dedicated to them, but since I also started collecting Amiibo, and because I collect other things like figures and Funko Pops, I wanted to cut down on the clutter. My personal favorite Skylander, Drobot, is out on display. For the rest, I decided to buy this tonight:

[User Posted Image]

This actually works really well! I can roll it out whenever I (or my little brothers when they come over) want to play Skylanders, and they all fit in the drawers really nicely. I also put the level packs and traps inside a drawer. The top drawer is for the core Skylanders from all of the games but Superchargers, the second one has the Swap Force Skylanders, the minis, the traps, Superchargers, and the couple vehicles I own. The third drawer has the Trap Team, Giants, and level packs.

I'm curious to see how you all store your Skylanders!
---
Trap Team Party: (Trap Masters) smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
(Core) smilie smilie
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#2 Posted: 02:53:14 28/11/2015
I stuck em in a cabinet under my T.V. But of course my OCD has them lined up in elemental lines; Giants in the back, swap force next, and then the cores lined up in the order I received them.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 03:00:25 28/11/2015
What's the sku for this? Ditching my bags, takes up too much floor space and I need to go vertical. Assuming these are tall enough for Trap Masters and Giants?

I have a Ikea Glass (as seen in VV/TfB offices) for current game, but no way am I going to have a museum in my house with 300+ figures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:01:31 28/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#4 Posted: 21:12:16 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, the Giants and Trap Masters fit in it great. I have them all standing up.

Here is what I bought: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ster...-Black/16415880
---
(Core) smilie smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 22:59:01 28/11/2015
Actually I have one of these things that the OP has but it has a collection of Polly Pockets in it and it's pink. LOL I bought it 2 years ago to resell the toys but I never got around to doing it. I'll have to get around to that soon so I can use the bin because I currently have them in 7 loose plastic shoe boxes and it's so disorganzed and hard to find what I want.

My trouble is that I have about 40 or so MIB figures that I don't know how to store. They are currently sitting in comic long boxes upright. I should just open them up and toss the packing away, but I do like how the packs look too. Some are hanging on the wall but only my favs.
---
Stay Cool!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#6 Posted: 23:44:24 28/11/2015
I have a giant bookshelf with only 4 actual rows with the bottom one being filled with other stuff like amiibo, the upper two storing the first three games and the top one holding Variants for the first four games and magic items for the first three games. Then I have two smaller bookshelves with one of them storing everything from TT includin EE Stealth Elf and excluding Variants and the other everything from SC including Variants.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:45:19 28/11/2015 by Deja Vu
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#7 Posted: 15:51:48 29/11/2015
I just bought a whole bunch of Skylander cases. After a new game comes out, the previous game guys go in the boxes.
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
#8 Posted: 17:08:03 29/11/2015
Quote: Todd

Thanks. It looks like I can buy two and stack these 6 high? How many skylanders per drawer? The sky adventure bags are a complete fail space wise...they were nice until last game, but I need something that protects better and stacks horizontally.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:08:27 29/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#9 Posted: 20:51:50 29/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Thanks. It looks like I can buy two and stack these 6 high? How many skylanders per drawer? The sky adventure bags are a complete fail space wise...they were nice until last game, but I need something that protects better and stacks horizontally.

Im thinking you could take the wheel off one to make them stack, thou im not sure how well they would
#10 Posted: 00:10:47 02/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I have one of every Skylander, and they all fit in three drawers. All of the cores are in one drawer. You should be able to stack them though. The wheels actually come separately inside, unattached. I attached mine so I could roll the thing in and out of the closet when I feel like playing, lol.
---
(Core) smilie smilie
#11 Posted: 03:09:03 02/12/2015
I have one of every Skylander, and they all fit in three drawers. All of the cores are in one drawer. You should be able to stack them though. The wheels actually come separately inside, unattached. I attached mine so I could roll the thing in and out of the closet when I feel like playing, lol.

So is that 120~ skylanders or 300~? smilie 40 per drawer sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks for the confirm. I'm getting these bad boys and retiring the sky bags.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:09:29 02/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#12 Posted: 05:49:53 02/12/2015
I currently keep mine in a big ziploc bag, but I plan on moving them to a plastic container sometime soon.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#13 Posted: 16:05:13 02/12/2015
Quote: willster8
I stuck em in a cabinet under my T.V. But of course my OCD has them lined up in elemental lines; Giants in the back, swap force next, and then the cores lined up in the order I received them.

Same for me, except it's by element and alphabetical order.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#14 Posted: 22:58:54 08/12/2015
sunburn finally has his time to shine in the front
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#15 Posted: 23:21:56 08/12/2015
for storing my figure will i build a display for them i posted it under the "our collection so far" sticky topic. i got lots of picture there showing the building process and the finished product. for the ones i havent built the displays for yet they are on a shelf all to them selves.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#16 Posted: 00:20:31 09/12/2015
I bought an Ikea Billy bookshelf (with glass shutter) specifically for them.
It has the space for exactly 10 shelves.

I sorted the different characters by Element, starting with Magic and ending with Dark.
Each Element has it's opposite under it.

The characters are stored as it follows:
- Giants on the back, right in the center;
- Trap Masters on their sides;
- Swappers in front of the Trap Masters;
- Giant's Cores and SuperCharger between Swappers (as they are the only Skylanders to be "one of a kind");
- personal SA flagship characters on the left, in front of the leftmost Swapper, with another random SA Skylander on the opposite side;
- SWAP Force's Cores between them;
- random SA characters in front of the flagships;
- SA dragons on the opposite side of said random characters;
- Trap Team's Cores between the dragon and the other SA character.

All the non-character figures are stored in another drawer.

Might seem a little chaotic (with the "ch", not the "k" smilie ) but it's actually pretty cool.
Will probably post a pic to make things clearer. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#17 Posted: 22:17:46 09/12/2015
I have one very similar to what you have, except it has two smaller drawers on top, and two bigger ones on the bottom.
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#18 Posted: 23:19:35 09/12/2015
I actually have two clear Boxes for skylanders.
one for the normal sized Skylanders (the Cores, lightcores, Eon's elites, and Super Chargers) and the other for the Gimmicklanders (Giants, Swap force, and trap team)
altho, I should see about getting a clear box for my Disney Infinity and amiibo figures.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me