First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
SuperChargers Lore in a Minute
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#51 Posted: 01:39:24 28/11/2015
I kinda hope they stop now this is there 4th video no effort lots of salt and it's kind of like there insulting us by posting these but they start milking this and God save us from that....where is the love for Skylanders? At least we aren't sending hate back....
---
POPSMARTS!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#52 Posted: 02:32:19 28/11/2015
Yeah... I mean, if they were gonna commission somebody, even if they weren't a Skylanders fan prior, it should always be someone who puts passion and effort into their work no matter what the subject is. Like any of the YouTubers from like, Hidden Block or Normal Boots. I'm sure Superchargers would be a breath of fresh air considering most of the games I've seen them do reviews for.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#53 Posted: 04:28:41 28/11/2015
They still don't make that Did you know Gaming of Skylanders.

They made for Amiibo why not Skylanders?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#54 Posted: 04:35:15 28/11/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey
They still don't make that Did you know Gaming of Skylanders.

They made for Amiibo why not Skylanders?

Because Skylanders is regarded as "just a kids game" by most popular gaming channels, and even if not, Amiibo has a much larger audience and is a part of many newer Nintendo games that always get tons of attention. It's a little unfair to compare Amiibo to Skylanders, other than being Toys-to-Life, they're two very different things to different uses. Sort of.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#55 Posted: 10:51:08 28/11/2015
Aside from a kids' game, most people ressent the whole Spyro in Skylanders part. If someone actually approached them they'd probably be fine with covering the games and might even like it,but everyone seems to have some instinctive hesitation in playing the games because they only hear bad things.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#56 Posted: 11:34:40 28/11/2015
Oh, yes, I forgot to say how everyone I know not only seems to be okay with Amiibos and/or Infinity but really loves them yet hates Skylanders with a passion.
Some of them even proudly post pics of their collection of Facebook only to laugh at you if you dare to talk about Skylanders.
I understand if you don't like the series but why you'd have a reason to deride me?

Sorry but, exactly what makes Skylanders more childish than those two series or conversely what makes those series more mature...?

I'm sincerely asking it because I don't see differences.
Is it a matter of gameplay, designs, story, mood or what...?

Oh, it's because they killed Spyro.
Mmmh.
Yeah, I guess it would have been better if they forgot the character so that these new games (which absolutely don't impact the old games by any means) wouldn't have ruined him forever, or even better turned him into something unrecognizable but "cooolz".
Do me a favor and go back to playing your big, grown up adult games. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#57 Posted: 13:39:51 28/11/2015
Yeah. People who hate Skylanders just because of what they did to Spyro without actually playing the games themselves are just morons.
If you were really such a fan of Spyro, then you'd love him despite the face tuck and expensiveness.

The only reason Skylanders' competitors are even remotely popular is because they use already-established characters.
Take out the Disney IPs, and I mean ALL of them, and is Infinity still the same game?
---
Check this out! Please?
#58 Posted: 13:46:29 28/11/2015
That is a problem,and a lot of people still live in 2011 and think the series is a crappy Wii graphics thing. And that's the biggest issue - people who would LOVE these games end up asking the wrong people(because of course,spyro fans should know enough about that game with him in it, an outsider would be naive enough), and they'll only know hate and misinformation from them.

If we had some more widespread non-Spyro related place, we'd definately benefit from a FAQ debunking rumors that Spyro isn't playable anymore and that he's a secondary character, but of course,the haters got there first and kicked us out.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#59 Posted: 18:13:57 28/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Yeah. People who hate Skylanders just because of what they did to Spyro without actually playing the games themselves are just morons.
If you were really such a fan of Spyro, then you'd love him despite the face tuck and expensiveness.

The only reason Skylanders' competitors are even remotely popular is because they use already-established characters.
Take out the Disney IPs, and I mean ALL of them, and is Infinity still the same game?

Yeah, I guess you are right but that's actually one of the reason why I love Skylanders so much: tons of original never seen before characters with creative abilities you probably couldn't guess simply by looking at the designs.

Infinity without Disney IP's would indeed be less popular.
The games are rather "disappointing" when the "famous characters" factor is taken out.
Frankly 2.0 and 3.0 could have easily been upgrades to the first game and I think they would have still worked perfectly.
Skylanders luckily revolves equally around toys and games.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#60 Posted: 14:59:17 01/12/2015
Well,Activision learned their lesson and got a video from someone who actually cares. Yeaah,cosplay is not really the subject fans watch,but it's calling attention to the character's design and sometimes that's enough.

Here's an earlier one from her that I missed. Also paid by Acti.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:03:14 01/12/2015 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#61 Posted: 15:07:37 01/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Well,Activision learned their lesson and got a video from someone who actually cares. Yeaah,cosplay is not really the subject fans watch,but it's calling attention to the character's design and sometimes that's enough.

Here's an earlier one from her that I missed. Also paid by Acti.

A female that likes Skylanders. That's actually pretty rare... or not.

Well, I liked this cosplay, and, at least, they choose someone who actually LIKES the game.
---
Bruh
#62 Posted: 15:11:45 01/12/2015
Everyone unites to like birbs. Jet-Vac might not deserve it,but it's birb face alright. Kind of a bummer she couldn't do a Hex cosplay since she mentioned she plays as her more,since promoting Superchargers and all.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#63 Posted: 15:13:03 01/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Everyone unites to like birbs. Jet-Vac might not deserve it,but it's birb face alright. Kind of a bummer she couldn't do a Hex cosplay since she mentioned she plays as her more,since promoting Superchargers and all.

It would be interesting to see a Hex cosplay. But, you know, she was paid to do that and all...
---
Bruh
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#64 Posted: 15:59:58 01/12/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey
Quote: Aura24
Here's the LORE video transcripts for SuperChargers and for their recent video they posted in their video descriptions -

Quote: SuperChargers Lore
Capable of using Portals of Power to teleport from world to world and even time travel, the Portal Masters are wise and powerful beings who have been protecting the world from The Darkness for centuries. Unfortunately, not all of them use their gifts for good; Kaos, a bald and smelly Portal Master, was a prodigy of Dark Magic, and had evil plans of his own to conquer Skylands.

When — after many, many failed attempts of doing so — Kaos finally destroyed the Core of Light and defeated the powerful Portal Master, Eon, he was eventually subdued by the Skylanders and the new head Portal Master. Though the Core of Light’s been rebuilt to keep the darkness at bay, Kaos has returned time and time again, vowing to unleash catastrophe on the realm.

While pretending to be a rehabilitated villain, Kaos secretly worked with the Darkness and escaped from prison. Now he’s arrived with an all**new powerful army and the Darkness as his ally, armed with the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction that threatens to destroy Skylands once and for all. You, young Portal Master, must now work with your specialized team of Skylanders, the Superchargers, guiding them on land, under sea, and up in the sky to drive off this great evil. Have fun!

Quote: Dev Lore
After The Legend of Spyro trilogy wrapped up, Activision and Toys for Bob, creators of the Star Control series, set out to expand the story of the purple dragon. They designed a variety of playable characters, each with their own abilities and style**of**play. Through these imaginative creatures, developers realized they could create an entire universe around Spyro — an endless world filled with magic and the constant battle between light and darkness. They called this world: Skylands.

The developers then brainstormed ways to connect the real world to the virtual. Tapping into their fondness of physical toys, the team prototyped using figurines to interact with the game via RFID technology. This led to the Portals of Power, allowing players to put their toy on the device and having it show up onscreen while saving the character’s previous experience.

Shifting the game’s audience to young kids, the concept art for Flynn, Cali, and the main antagonist, Kaos, was created, along with 30 playable characters. The developers created Elements, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and added them to the characters to maintain gameplay balance and ensuring a wide variety of playstyles.

The first Skylanders game, Spyro’s Adventure, was a success — for the game and the toy line, shepherding in the toy****o**life genre as one of the most profitable industries in gaming. With the sequels, Skylanders: Giants, Swap Force, Trap Team, and Superchargers to follow, the magical world of Spyro has truly come to life. Have fun!

Really "Have fun!?"

Still it doesn't please me.

"Have fun" is basically their catchphrase at the end of every lore video. Still though, these new sponsored ones feel kinda forced. Knowing them, I feel like they would've normally made some kind of joke about how much the series is gonna drag on or something.
#65 Posted: 16:11:26 01/12/2015
*carefully points to the other youtuber putting actual heart into her sponsored videos another post up*

Also,really needed to quote both transcripts and stretch the page?
---
#66 Posted: 23:12:00 01/12/2015
I just realized something kind of sad...

Whenever someone decides to play Superchargers on their own accord and not because Activision payed them, they're immediately called a sell-out because of it. It happened to Cobanermani456 and I think SullyPwnz to...
---
Check this out! Please?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#67 Posted: 00:53:52 02/12/2015
Those lets-players specifically say in their videos that they decided to after hearing about DK and Bowser, not sure why people think it's sponsored. I've actually seen a lot more positive than negative on those videos. It makes me start to think people are finally beginning to tolerate Skylanders now that more guest stars are being introduced (the first technically being Spyro)
#68 Posted: 00:56:18 02/12/2015
You see Commander Holly's entire collection of Skylanders in the gun video,it goes back to SSA. She's been playing for WAY longer than that, just probably didn't LP out of fear of backlash from the haters. I'd have done the same,unfortunately - a channel that big that's friends with some other big names could easily be target of witchhunts.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:57:48 02/12/2015 by Bifrost
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#69 Posted: 22:59:31 02/12/2015
It's time she makes a Let's Play. It's not 2011 anymore why the worries?
#70 Posted: 23:13:09 02/12/2015
It's time you understood other people's wishes instead of demanding yours on them. Maybe she thinks not blind isn't as fun, maybe she's played them too much alone, maybe she can't think of much to talk about over footage. Either way, unless you kindly ask,you probably won't find out anytime soon.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me