Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Stupid stuff that bothers you?
First | Previous | Page 16 of 16
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Stupid stuff that bothers you?
ThunderEgg Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#751 Posted: 17:44:06 04/02/2019
peppa pig bothers me immensely
---
fiiiine ill go along and change my icon for spook month but i maintain: I AM ETERNAL!
FedUpWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#752 Posted: 17:45:13 04/02/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg
peppa pig bothers me immensely

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Peppa pig!
whirlwind fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4543
#753 Posted: 19:48:36 04/02/2019
Quote: Bolt
This is probably really petty, but I don't like going through people's art portfolios and coming across them calling themselves "queer, lgbt, gay, etc." in their about/contact page. Like, this is supposed to be your professional portfolio for finding work, do your employers need to know your sexual orientation? To me it's like they've based their whole identity around being gay and want attention because of it.
Like, come on, I'm bi (or just gay, idk, still figuring it out) but I don't need to put it on my portfolio. I get it if it's your personal blog or something, but your professional portfolio? Really?

it reminds me of when teens used to put their sexual orientation in their instagram bio to be uNiQuE
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3323
#754 Posted: 01:51:02 10/02/2019
people that collect things with the only intent of reselling it later for profit rather than collecting it because its something they enjoy

like.. i kinda get it but it also makes me unreasonably bitter
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1300
#755 Posted: 05:42:55 10/02/2019
Quote: HotDogAndZap
people that collect things with the only intent of reselling it later for profit rather than collecting it because its something they enjoy

what if they collect it because they enjoy it but also plan on reselling it later?
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#756 Posted: 08:07:06 10/02/2019

It ticks me off when people buy two of every amiibo (or any collectible figure for that matter); one to keep in its packet and the other to take out and use. I find it greedy and it’s not fair on those who are looking for that particular figure.
---
#SobbleSquad
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5916
#757 Posted: 08:11:27 10/02/2019
Quote: alicecarp
It ticks me off when people buy two of every amiibo (or any collectible figure for that matter); one to keep in its packet and the other to take out and use. I find it greedy and it’s not fair on those who are looking for that particular figure.

Personally I don't see why or how that's a bad thing, nor does it bother me nearly as much as the people who buy things like that in bulk purely for the purpose of selling them at a higher price than MSRP.

At least in the case of what you're talking about they aren't in it for the money (At least primarily), which I find to be way more greedy than having two of something one enjoys. :/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:13:10 10/02/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Bolt Platinum Sparx Gems: 5410
#758 Posted: 19:44:05 10/02/2019

i don't collect things like action figures and such, but ive wanted to buy these old ceramics of the 70's watership down bunnies ... so i completely feel your pain.
i personally feel like it's very greedy and it's stopping people who actually want these things from buying them. they hold onto the items for awhile and then resell them at a much higher price. y.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#759 Posted: 01:47:18 11/02/2019

Gonna add my own opinions about this topic. You're totally legit in the way you see it, though!

The way I see it is people collect things so often these days as a side-effect of capitalism. If a retailer sells something in a set or as a special collectible, people are more likely to buy it. People are encouraged to buy more than just the essentials. I think as selling is also an essential part of capitalism, it's fine to sell collected things. Cynical, yes. Manipulative, yes. But that is the current way the majority of society functions.
---
fiiiine ill go along and change my icon for spook month but i maintain: I AM ETERNAL!
#760 Posted: 14:46:50 11/02/2019
I was bullied and as well as that, I had to go to school feeling very afraid because of what another student did to me there, who I had to go there alongside with every day. School was about making the best efforts to avoid said person and it was really hard to focus on schoolwork and homework, so it was difficult to learn because I was so scared due to the bullying and the fear of that certain person being on my mind. I am afraid of coming across as just lazy or stupid, but I don't have many GCSEs as a result and I'm really late behind in my education.

I told another student in private what said person did to me, and she told the headteacher to get me in trouble and I got kicked out of college, so I ended up out of school for nearly three years. While the student who I avoided and the people who bullied me received their A-levels, I was denied the same chances without doing anything wrong. I was never disruptive or rude and I did not bully people, all I did was say what happened to me. Now three years later I'm in a new college, but I feel like some people just think I'm really stupid or just didn't work hard enough, but I don't think a lot of people would be able to work well in the environment I described. So I don't think if someone has a lack of education it is always because they're lazy or stupid, because opportunities aren't the same for everyone. I'm working very hard now in this new college and despite the trauma I deal with I am able to concentrate much better. I finally can go to school again but it's not fair for people to assume everybody like me just couldn't be bothered and/or we are just very stupid, so it bothers me when people look down on people for those reasons.
WAMBurt1984 Blue Sparx Gems: 531
#761 Posted: 01:32:53 16/02/2019
When Manchester United lost in competition

When Englland knockout of World Cup

My parents aruing and dad moans
---
Big Spyro & Sparx fan
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3323
#762 Posted: 05:23:14 16/02/2019
Quote: Vespi

what if they collect it because they enjoy it but also plan on reselling it later?

thats fine like. my opinion is as long as youre getting some enjoyment from owning the thing its okay

Quote: ThunderEgg

Gonna add my own opinions about this topic. You're totally legit in the way you see it, though!

The way I see it is people collect things so often these days as a side-effect of capitalism. If a retailer sells something in a set or as a special collectible, people are more likely to buy it. People are encouraged to buy more than just the essentials. I think as selling is also an essential part of capitalism, it's fine to sell collected things. Cynical, yes. Manipulative, yes. But that is the current way the majority of society functions.

yeah thats fair and how most of that stuff gets to be collectible i just think it sucks yknow. feels greedy to hoard something in the hopes of turning a profit instead of actually finding happiness from it.

i get REALLY smug when people hoard stuff expecting for it to get crazy valuable and it ends up being worthless (beanie babies)
#763 Posted: 23:23:12 21/02/2019
The Future and when time I be living on my own.
---
Big Spyro & Sparx fan
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2658
#764 Posted: 23:53:09 21/02/2019
When someone avoids talking actual criticisms in video games by saying “git gud”
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#765 Posted: 02:48:19 22/02/2019
That change can be soooo slow.
---
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 620
#766 Posted: 16:04:29 23/02/2019
PS4 themes that cease to exist the moment a game launches
---
No U
#767 Posted: 18:54:29 23/02/2019
Quote: BroGuy
PS4 themes that cease to exist the moment a game launches

SAME.
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2658
#768 Posted: 00:24:26 24/02/2019
Saying people are too sensitive is not a legitimate way to justify insulting people.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#769 Posted: 05:52:03 03/03/2019
Also some stuffs in anime/cartoon and fictional characters I dislike
---
Big Spyro & Sparx fan
#770 Posted: 08:56:05 17/03/2019
The English dubbed Pokemon movies not getting official soundtrack albums/singles apart from the first 3, the XY movies and I Choose You. I like a lot of the songs from the Advanced and DP movies and I'm disappointed that they never got released on albums or singles.
---
#SobbleSquad
#771 Posted: 02:55:27 21/03/2019
When people make big walls of text with absolutely no structure or sense to them at all, yet expect people to take them and their (Often terrible) opinions seriously. : )
#772 Posted: 23:32:28 22/03/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
When people make big walls of text with absolutely no structure or sense to them at all, yet expect people to take them and their (Often terrible) opinions seriously. : )

yeahhhh this
did they never learn to write a simple essay in 7th grade?
---
I draw stuff.
#773 Posted: 00:37:21 23/03/2019
I've gotten angry paragraphs from an MRA which were a pain to read , so I know there a lot of pompous and annoying people who do this. However, I myself can write way more than needed at times, and although that isn't good writing, I feel I do it because I get a lot of anxiety over saying the right thing.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5130
#774 Posted: 20:51:24 23/05/2019
The lack of activity in this fandom
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by Skylanders fans...cry in a corner
#775 Posted: 20:55:09 23/05/2019
Sick burn, there Fyra.
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5130
#776 Posted: 21:08:22 23/05/2019
This is more a sad realization of mine struggling to write my own fic and seeking fanfics to read to help me get inspiration,...I do not mean the fandom is stupid...just well dead.
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by Skylanders fans...cry in a corner
#777 Posted: 21:14:17 23/05/2019
Quote: fyra
This is more a sad realization of mine struggling to write my own fic and seeking fanfics to read to help me get inspiration,...I do not mean the fandom is stupid...just well dead.

The Spyro fandom is more alive than it's been in a long time, what are you on about?

DarkSpyro being slow isn't an indication of the entire fandom being slow, as it's more of an indication of dedicated forums falling out of popularity in favor of social media platforms and websites like Reddit.

Please stop reaching, ffs.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:15 23/05/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#778 Posted: 06:06:12 15/06/2019
People editing game art/designs to their standards and claiming that they “fixed” them. Way to insult and disrespect the devs/artists that work hard on these games.
---
#SobbleSquad
#779 Posted: 07:31:13 15/06/2019
Quote: alicecarp
People editing game art/designs to their standards and claiming that they “fixed” them. Way to insult and disrespect the devs/artists that work hard on these games.

Yeah. Redesigns are fun and cool, but please don't claim you "fixed" the original designs. ffs
---
I draw stuff.
Project_Unnamed Platinum Sparx Gems: 6852
#780 Posted: 14:16:58 19/06/2019
Dear television channels all around the world.

When ordering and purchasing documentaries or tv shows about history, remember that there is lot more to human history than WW2.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Carmelita Fox Diamond Sparx Gems: 9733
#781 Posted: 00:06:27 16/09/2019
that subsect of waifu**gs that complain when there's no hot girls in a series or when a female character isn't hot (enough)
#782 Posted: 14:47:30 17/09/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox
that subsect of waifu**gs that complain when there's no hot girls in a series or when a female character isn't hot (enough)

oh oof yeah
it bugs me when people behave that way too
---
#783 Posted: 13:04:04 22/10/2019
When people talk to themselves or mutter to themselves. I don't know why but it makes me really uncomfortable.
First | Previous | Page 16 of 16
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me