Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Haven Chronicles (The Missing s fourth act)
First | Previous | Page 34 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 48 49 50
The Haven Chronicles (The Missing s fourth act) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1651 Posted: 15:34:04 20/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil went to her own home, thinking of all the possible words he could tell Cairo to convince him to leave tomorrow before he became too weak to swim through the current. It was hard to admit it, but she was incredibly afraid of the orcas, despite being her friends and loyal followers. It was of course because she has seen what they are capable of, and how accurate they were in the game. Even Sayan, who had proven to be the best dodger, was caught once in a while. Once again, Sybil was starting to regret ever giving them permission to play with them, since in only one month, their catch rate increased to near perfection. But as she already was aware of, the only option to prevent being hunted was to stay away from the water and avoid it's temptations, and Sybil was fully aware that rule needed t be applied to herself especially.

The night was very serene, with a bit of dry wind blowing by once in a while. Despite her worries, Sybil slept pretty well that night. Not even a tiny caterpillar walking on her nose was enough to wake her up, which was a good thing, since once something woke her, it was nearly impossible to get back to sleep.

Morning came with a bit of chill, and it was very quiet. The seagulls and pelicans were waking up slowly to prepare themselves for the long flight ahead of them. All of them were unaware of Cairo's arrival. He was sleeping very near the Haven, hoping to greet other members and oblivious to the fact that everybody was going to be extremely cautious around his kind.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:33:36 21/01/2016 by Felines
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8663
#1652 Posted: 03:39:42 21/01/2016
"Cairo." Jet said.
---
SC
#1653 Posted: 03:59:43 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Cairo was still resting, but he abruptly opened his eyes when Jet called.
"What is it?" he asked, approaching him, and trying very hard not to yell at him for interrupting his sleep.
---
#1654 Posted: 04:57:35 21/01/2016
"I know what you are doing. They won't come near the beach because they are afraid that we may turn due to the drought." Jet said.
---
SC
#1655 Posted: 05:29:24 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Cairo slowly shook his head, before he comprehended what he meant.
"Turn against them!? That's ridiculous... although that explains why miss Sybil was so nervous yesterday." Cairo expressed, very disappointed.
"After all we have done for them, how can they think that?" he then said angrily, feeling extremely offended. But that got him thinking nonetheless, did Sybil and her land friends really believed that they orcas, who have been nothing but loyal for years (save for Jet who was new), could suddenly attack them? It was the first time Cairo had experienced a drought, but still, he found it too outrageous the idea that he would hunt his own friends. He firmly believed that no matter how hungry he got, he would never go after them.
---
#1656 Posted: 11:17:06 21/01/2016
"I know it's hard but they Will still visit just at a distance."Jet said,.
---
SC
#1657 Posted: 15:33:06 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Cairo remained deep in thought, wondering if such necessity will lead them to such brutal measures. He didn't want to leave, but now he was beginning to think that just maybe, he must. But it still infuriated him that Sybil would rather had Jet stay and not him.

"Their concern is valid. But still, I really want to stay and help any way I can... if only miss Sybil lets me." Cairo then said, thinking of ways to convince her to let him stay, exactly the opposite of what she was planning.

Meanwhile, Sybil was still sound asleep. Usually at those morning hours, she was already awake, but she was now recovering the hours she had missed due to the hard work of the last couple of days.
---
#1658 Posted: 21:15:17 21/01/2016
"Well I'm sure she will visit you soon. I'm sure she is still very shocked to see you here." Jet said.
---
SC
#1659 Posted: 21:40:51 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Yes yes, I'm pretty sure. But then I was told about some of the members stranded, and, well, I had to retrieve them." Cairo said, although being a bit dishonest about it.
"And... let's face it, I couldn't stay away for long. I missed it here." he confessed, being evident that was the real reason why he returned.
---
#1660 Posted: 21:47:44 21/01/2016
"I see. You missed being here?" Jet said.
---
SC
#1661 Posted: 22:05:10 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Yes. You see, many members of the pod are use to traveling since they give transport to the new members of the Haven, but I always stayed behind." Cairo explained, being surprisingly open to Jet, something uncalled for. That explained while he was so incredibly homesick. As he talked with Jet, he gave occasional glances at the shore to see if somebody approached.
---
#1662 Posted: 22:26:22 21/01/2016
"But Cairo you know you can't stay there is not enough food." Jet said.
---
SC
#1663 Posted: 22:37:09 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
It infuriated Cairo how Jet could stay and he could not. But he knew that Jet required much less food than him, and not only will he save himself from starvation if he left, but it would probably save the Haven residents as well, not to mention that if he and the stranded orcas weren't around, it would mean more food for Jet, and less the risk of him turning.
"Fine... but at least let me say goodbye to somebody at the shore. I hope someone approaches." he said with melancholy, heading to shore to wait for anyone to appear. He was hungry, but decided to wait first and hunt a seal later (there were still a few when he left, so he was unaware that all of them have left).
---
#1664 Posted: 23:50:26 21/01/2016
"Fine. Just keep calm Cairo." Jet said.
---
SC
#1665 Posted: 23:57:38 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"What do you mean keep calm!?" Cairo asked, demanding to know what Jet meant by that.

At Sybil's tree, there was no sign of her waking up. One thing was for certain; if Cairo was expecting to wait specifically for her, it was going to take a long while...
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8637
#1666 Posted: 00:40:45 22/01/2016
Sayan, meanwhile, was waking up after a fortionaily uneventful night. He was blissfully unaware that Cairo was waiting-- and that Sybil wouldn't be ready for some time.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1667 Posted: 00:54:44 22/01/2016 | Topic Creator
As Cairo waiting angrily for Jet's answer, he continued glancing at the shore, really upset that if what Jet said was true, then probably nobody was going to approach it. He never thought he would see the day that his land friends would be afraid of his kind, not when they had developed such a strong friendship. Orcas were scary and deadly when they wanted to, and he was aware of that, but Cairo wouldn't dream of hurting one of his friends, not even if they were so far apart in species.
---
#1668 Posted: 00:58:54 22/01/2016
"I mention keep your excitement down." Jet said.
---
SC
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1669 Posted: 01:01:18 22/01/2016
Skali led AJ down the tree and across the branches, slithering between branches and leaves. It was already nightfall, but the nocturnal creatures could see clearly. After a long while, they approached what an area near the edge of the woods by the cliffside. The trees were dispersing, and the shrubbery was more present. It was getting drier as they went.
"Over here," she finally said, leading him down a tree and onto the dusty ground. "Under this bush," she said, slipping under a bush with small opening just barely big enough for the margay to fit in.
#1670 Posted: 01:06:29 22/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroconvexity
"I mention keep your excitement down." Jet said.

"Heh, trust me, I'm not in the mood for being exited." Cairo assured bitterly, knowing there was no reason to be exited if he just had to leave that very same day. He paced along the water, with his black, big dorsal fin being clearly shown above the waves to announce his presence.

At the marine bird's cliff caves, everybody was making sure all of them were presents. Some of the warblers got up early to see their white feathered friends off. It was quite a long goodbye. Many of them were complaining that if they could only fish beyond the current, where the fish were abundant, but those waters were dangerous. They could fish at the Haven waters because it was under the protection of the orcas, but now, fishing there was out of the question. They were all preparing to lift off, giving their best wishes to their warbler friends and their regards to the Haven residents, especially poor young Rose.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:08:20 22/01/2016 by Felines
#1671 Posted: 00:17:14 24/01/2016
"Well I will wait with you. I'm sure Sybil will come." Jet said.
---
SC
#1672 Posted: 00:43:31 24/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Cairo agreed, though a little begrudgingly, since he wanted to say goodbye alone. It still hurt him a lot how Sybil and the others are now afraid of them.

Sybil was gradually waking up, realizing it was late. She was very hungry, but believed that discussing with Cairo was far more important. After waking up better, she headed to Sayan's den, almost running....
---
#1673 Posted: 00:52:16 24/01/2016
Sayan remained up, but remained still supporting the still slumbering Rose. 'I almost forgot... Cairo!, he thought.' He was quickly on his way towards Sybil's tree when he almost ran into the civet.

"Don't worry-- I'm up.," he quickly said believing Sybil was on her way to wake him.
---
#1674 Posted: 01:23:36 24/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"It's alright. We both overslept." Sybil assured, hoping he didn't felt guilty.
"Now then, let's go meet Cairo and hope we can convince him to leave at once. He's one orca you do NOT want around when he's hungry." Sybil commented, knowing how fond Cairo was of eating (contributing to his bigger than average size).
---
#1675 Posted: 01:31:44 24/01/2016
Soon Rose was starting to wake up. She didn't see Sayan and assumed he was getting breakfast. She then went up top and sunned herself.
---
SC
#1676 Posted: 01:48:10 24/01/2016
"Agreed. We definitely do not want an hungry Cairo on our hands.," Sayan said as they headed towards the beach.
---
#1677 Posted: 02:06:46 24/01/2016 | Topic Creator
It didn't take them long to reach the beach, and there it was; Cairo's unmistakable dorsal fin roaming around with impatient fashion. Cairo was happy that not one, but two members of the Haven were approaching, and none other than Sybil and Sayan. He wanted to rush quickly to them, but since he didn't want to scare them, he approached slowly.

"Hey, good morning." he greeted cordially, beaching himself in front of them. He loved his friends so much, and he still couldn't believe Jet's words about them fearing them now, though he at least understood why.
---
#1678 Posted: 02:15:32 24/01/2016
Sayan was surprised to see that Cairo was already there and hesitated before approaching, trying not to show his fear. "Good morning, Cairo. Long time no see.," Sayan said as casually as he could.
---
#1679 Posted: 02:42:06 24/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Hey Sayan." Cairo answered back, not looking directly into his eyes. It was impossible to hide his disappointment. Sybil was going to say something, but Cairo spoke first.
"It's alright guys. Jet has told me all about it. I know it's impossible for you to not be afraid, but still, it's quite depressing to know how you are frightened of us even after all we have done for you." he said with a gloomy tone, still not getting over their wariness.

Sybil took a while to talk, but when she did, she was quite upset with Cairo for trying to make them feel guilty for thinking like that.
"I'm certain you are fully aware of how understandable our concern is. Please Cairo, this is not because of us alone. We are doing it for your own sake as well." Sybil explained, believing it was going to be a long day trying to convince Cairo to leave at once. Three orcas were already going through starvation, and she didn't want a fourth one to go through the same painful experience, not to mention she didn't want to increase the risk that could befall the Haven residents. Even with the signs, she knew that approaching the beach was far too tempting.
---
#1680 Posted: 23:14:48 24/01/2016
"Sybil is right. It's not just about us, but for the sake of everyone. We know the food supply is very limited and even more limited in the ocean. While we trust that you'll hold on for as long you can-- we don't want any of you to starve unnecessarily and we don't want any of you to regret any of your actions. We care too much for you to want that.," Sayan said hoping he would get through. He didn't want of the orcas to go through that-- but especially Cairo.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:20 24/01/2016 by redwes
#1681 Posted: 01:42:39 25/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Cairo understood, but he didn't want to. After all the perils he went through to return home, just so that he could leave again.
"Fine now. I know when I'm not wanted. I will just take the two stranded orcas and leave with them." he said bitterly as he retreated, with Sybil feeling quite bad with what he said, but then realized the other thing he said...

"Wait Cairo. I don't think they can make it through the current. It's been almost a week since they are here, and they may not have the strength to pass it." she explained, with Cairo realizing she had a point. He simply nodded, retreating calmly into the ocean and heading to the current, but deep inside furious of everything that happened. Not only did he had to leave his home so quickly, but he felt like he had wasted his journey to retrieve two orcas that couldn't even leave the Haven.

After a while, Sybil felt quite miserable. Even though they convinced Cairo to leave without having to tell him about the Rose incident, she knew him too well. She knew how he must really be angry at leaving so soon, and worse, being urged by his own friends.
"I'm not sure Sayan... do you think we should let him stay?" she asked, knowing what a major risk that would represent for both him and themselves, but she didn't want Cairo to bear a grudge on them when he returned...
---
#1682 Posted: 01:59:56 25/01/2016
"Sybil you did the right thing. He is a powerful orca and should not be here right now." Jet said.
---
SC
#1683 Posted: 02:16:08 25/01/2016
"I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Jet.," Sayan said with a heavy heart. "He's our friend and an great ally-- but he's also a great risk. I was hoping he would understand, but I also believe it was necessary.," he then said.
---
#1684 Posted: 02:22:39 25/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil didn't expect Jet to be so nearby, and wondered if part of Cairo's anger was because of him being around.
"But this is his home. It may be the right thing to do, but I can't think of the fact that he may hold some resentment to us." Sybil said to Jet, still trying to consider whether he could stay or not.
---
#1685 Posted: 03:31:12 25/01/2016
"He will get over it. We owe a lot to him." Jet said.
---
SC
#1686 Posted: 04:18:08 25/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"... I hope you're right." Sybil said, but with a lot of doubts. Cairo was incredibly stubborn, and could bear heavy grudges for a long time. Just his relationship with Jet was enough proof of that. She was almost willing to let Cairo stay and face the risk of having him around in order to avoid him having resentments towards her, Jet and Sayan.

Cairo was heading to the current, getting ready to leave and not return until that infernal drought was over. However, in all the discussion, he has forgotten how incredibly hungry he was. Unaware that the seals were already completely gone, he headed to their shore to have one for breakfast for the long journey, also eating up whatever fish was unfortunate enough to pass in front of him while on his way.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1687 Posted: 08:42:11 25/01/2016
AJ: Slipping into opening, I look around. This place is nice. As for the size, the entrance is a little small but inside it is fine. My home is more spacious and open, but this is alright.
#1688 Posted: 09:53:03 25/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Come on Sayan. Let's go home." Sybil finally said, deciding to agree with Sayan and Jet in letting Cairo leave, and hoping that in all his time away, it would ease up his anger. Now once again, it was only Jet and the other two who had to be worried about, though Jet has proven to be quite resistant... so far.

As Sybil walked with Sayan to the forest, she was thinking on how long will the drought last, but even after it, they weren't going to be out of the blue once the pod returned.
"You know Sayan, even after we survive this intense period, the rest of the orcas will return, and they will be impatient for the game. I fear that they will probably become even more ruthless than before to compensate the lost time." Sybil suspected, knowing too well how extremely fond the orcas were of the game, and how the month they had played with them, they were gradually becoming more brutal. Sybil still remembered painfully how in the last game, she was caught by two orcas, with little regards of her exhausted condition.
---
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#1689 Posted: 22:02:31 25/01/2016
Crocux heard the whole thing. He fallowed and said "i wont mind so long as their carful with my soft underbelly."

Jr returned to Sholeh's tree. It took him all night to catch a couple of lizerds but since it was a drought he hoped that Sholeh would understand. moving silently he dropped the lizerds off near by Sholeh. Before he left he looked Sholeh over. 'She's kind of pritty.' he thought to himself. not wanting to disturbe her he left quietly and started heading back to his tree. while he was hungry he was too tired to go hunting again.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#1690 Posted: 03:08:10 26/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Ayee! Crocux! Don't you sneak up like that!" Sybil scolded, not expecting him to appear that close. She was still getting use to his presence.

When Jr. brought the lizards, Sholeh pretended she didn't noticed. She isn't want to go through the ordeal of saying thank you to someone se still currently despised. If he only wasn't a mongoose, then she may have given thought his forgiveness, but the fact that it was her own kind who destroyed her home (even if it was fixed now), still infuriated her. She was a dim believer that mongooses were purpose to know when they had arrived to the place of or of their own.
---
#1691 Posted: 04:21:06 26/01/2016
OOC: If he's an alligator and not a crocodile, my apologies. I can't remember which one he is. xD

"For a crocodile, you sure can be sneaky you know...," Sayan said commenting on Crocux's sudden appearance. He smiled, actually impressed by the feat.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:22:38 26/01/2016 by redwes
#1692 Posted: 04:44:25 26/01/2016
ooc: he's a salt water crocodile my friend and he's 10 feet long and still growing

Crocux chuckled "sorry about that." he looked at Sybil with a troubled look on his face "Sybil, do you trust me?" Crocux felt that he already knew the answer but he wanted to hear it from her.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#1693 Posted: 04:44:40 26/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil afterwards just smiled at her sudden fright, but then, Crocux's appearance reminded her of something very important; she has been so focused on the danger the ocean represents that she has forgotten that there were dangers on land too. Crocux, and even Sayan himself could lose themselves. Maybe not right now. It may take them days, or even weeks, but Sybil knew that there was a potential risk to that.

"I'm still trying to." was all that Sybil answered to Crocux, believing that honesty built trust. However, she wondered if she would regret it, given how rather unstable his personality was.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:47:15 26/01/2016 by Felines
#1694 Posted: 05:06:54 26/01/2016
Crocux sighed sadly and said "well thank you for your honesty at least." he turned around and started to leave. after he was gone Guardian showed up. "hey Sybil."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#1695 Posted: 05:31:31 26/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Hey Guardian." Sybil greeted cordially, though she was starting to wonder if he also had been eavesdropping on her and Sayan's conversation.

At Hunted island, Cairo discovered, to his shock, that all the seals have migrated. No wonder Sybil and Sayan were urging him to leave. He was very hungry, though at least not in the point of desperation. If only there were still mongooses like Sholeh, but knew Sybil was going to be very against it. At least he had most of his strength, which was going to be enough to pass through the current, but he knew that he had to leave now, and pray that the three orcas that were going to stay behind didn't harm his land friends. As he prepared to leave, the marine birds were all flying away to the nearest island where they could stay behind until the drought ended.
---
#1696 Posted: 23:30:40 26/01/2016
"You know that Crocux trusts you enough to risk his life to protect you but now he feels that his trust is misplaced. Sholeh has gotten into his head and now her grip on him is secured. If anything you have just lost a powerful ally to Sholeh. you do realize that don't you?" asked Guardian.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:33 26/01/2016 by ShadeTheDragon
#1697 Posted: 23:51:44 26/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Sybil simply sighed, knowing that it meant Sholeh was at it again.
"I should have known it was her that got him thinking this way. But what can I do? He's too fond of mongooses. If I even try to confront her, I may get another threat from him." Sybil said with melancholy, thinking that if Crocux had talked to Sholeh, then he probably had befriended her by now, and that wasn't good news. She wanted to believe that Sholeh had finally given up trying to eliminate her, and that she is trying to turn over a new leaf, but considering everything that has happened to Sybil because of that mongoose, she wasn't sure if she had to worry.
---
#1698 Posted: 00:02:59 27/01/2016
Guardian shook his head "he respects mongooses." he corrected "and he knows better then to threaten anyone. even if he did he wouldn't be serious about it but now he wont be able to trust you."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#1699 Posted: 00:22:42 27/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Well I said that I'm still learning to trust him, not that I will never trust him." Sybil explained, getting quite angry for not lying when she had the chance.
"What gratitude! I accept even dangerous animals such as himself to this Haven without any sense of judgement to give them a chance and look what it has earned me!" she then complained, even forgetting completely that Sayan was still present.
---
#1700 Posted: 00:29:17 27/01/2016
"You have to be careful-- he's templemental you know. Show him respect and in time, he should eventually be able to show the same to you.," Sayan advised.
---
First | Previous | Page 34 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me