Forum

Poll

Got Reignited?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Chase variant Lava Lance Eruptor (Rusted/Patina)
Page 1 of 1
Chase variant Lava Lance Eruptor (Rusted/Patina) [CLOSED]
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3938
#1 Posted: 22:32:54 15/11/2015 | Topic Creator
This appeared on eBay, found in Italy where Wave 3 has just been released, seems legit!

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:48 27/11/2015 by newkill
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4138
#2 Posted: 22:35:06 15/11/2015
Woooow!

They are getting soooo creative and original with these variants it almost makes up for coming up with only 10 new Skylanders, this year! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4435
#3 Posted: 22:37:05 15/11/2015
Quote: Drek95
Woooow!

They are getting soooo creative and original with these variants it almost makes up for coming up with only 10 new Skylanders, this year! smilie



Is this sarcasam?
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4138
#4 Posted: 22:41:31 15/11/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Drek95
Woooow!

They are getting soooo creative and original with these variants it almost makes up for coming up with only 10 new Skylanders, this year! smilie



Is this sarcasam?


What do you think?

Two chase variants so far, High Volt and Lava Lance Eruptor and they look exactly the same.
Not to mention that color scheme is... Eeeeeeeugh.

Again, with only 18 new Skylanders out (and just 10 brand new) they had to make tons of variants but they could at least try to make them worth their price...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Deja Vu Emerald Sparx Gems: 3135
#5 Posted: 22:44:00 15/11/2015
A character that is released in one country in this world and there's already a chase variant to look out for. They never did such a smart and senseful thing.

In all honesty, they should stop creating chase variants. Who's even buying these anymore? They were always useless, a waste of money and IMO uncreative and ugly.
---
smiliesmilie Did that just happen? smiliesmilie
The Undead Queen
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3938
#6 Posted: 22:47:37 15/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Last year we only got three chase and the three of them were Clear, which is a type of variant we already had a bunch of times in the past. This year we get a new color scheme we never had so I wouldn't say it is unoriginal, plus you not liking the color scheme is subjective. I think it looks cool.
---
bye
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4138
#7 Posted: 22:55:09 15/11/2015
Well, technically two of them weren't completely clear, they still had some painted details.
But you are right, that is subjective.

Exactly like it's subjective how it's unconceivable to me how the variants are more than the actual new characters, this year, whether they are in-game or chase.

I couldn't care less if they were 20 variants against 40 or so new Skylanders, but the opposite...?
Nope.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:47 15/11/2015 by Drek95
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4830
#8 Posted: 00:08:45 16/11/2015
link please?
---
walter
GaiaMemories Gold Sparx Gems: 2378
#9 Posted: 00:16:20 16/11/2015
That is absolutely hideous. High Volt being tech, made a rusted copper color scheme make sense. This? Bleh.
---
Lets go! Kakugo! Go go go go go Ghost! (GO GO GO GO)
skylandersspyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2598
#10 Posted: 00:19:27 16/11/2015
Remember when chase varients looked like this? [User Posted Image]
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Deja Vu Emerald Sparx Gems: 3135
#11 Posted: 00:29:09 16/11/2015
Or like this;

[User Posted Image]

I still wish this would've been a real variant.
---
smiliesmilie Did that just happen? smiliesmilie
The Undead Queen
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3938
#12 Posted: 00:33:35 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
link please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201467715150
---
bye
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3821
#13 Posted: 00:35:33 16/11/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
link please?



http://www.ebay.it/itm/Turquoi...XEAAOSwiwVWSNbK
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2045
#14 Posted: 04:57:52 16/11/2015
Ahhh, these guys always come in threes. Who will be the third one?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3938
#15 Posted: 05:26:55 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Gill Grunt would make a lot of sense if he is released as a Single eventually.
---
bye
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2899
#16 Posted: 05:35:07 16/11/2015
I'm thinking Thrillipede makes sense, but it might be just 2 like the Stone figures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:49:55 16/11/2015 by 4inCreation
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2536
#17 Posted: 20:56:20 16/11/2015
Probably Thrillipede, since it's one per wave
Deja Vu Emerald Sparx Gems: 3135
#18 Posted: 21:08:11 16/11/2015
If it's one per Wave then it could only be either Thrillipede or BB Roller Brawl, as Trigger Happy won't be released in a single pack and Roller Brawl will.
---
smiliesmilie Did that just happen? smiliesmilie
The Undead Queen
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 3999
#19 Posted: 21:13:01 16/11/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Remember when chase varients looked like this? [User Posted Image]


That isn't a chase variant, that's an show exclusive variant. There is no chase to it - they handed it out, it never actually appeared in any case assortment (not even randomly).

Chase variants are ones you have to "chase" down in the stores because they do not appear in the standard assortment and are inserted randomly in cases in place of standard versions.
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#20 Posted: 22:27:10 16/11/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
Or like this;

[User Posted Image]

I still wish this would've been a real variant.


Don't we all.....

But in all seriousness, that's probably the best looking "variant" they've made.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3317
#21 Posted: 22:43:02 16/11/2015
Is this now the correct list of figures (not vehicles) without any variants?

Gill Grunt
Nightfall
Stormblade
Terrafin

I'm a bit sad that the two new gals gets shafted but it's less for me to collect I guess.
---
Stay Cool!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1560
#22 Posted: 22:51:02 16/11/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
Or like this;

[User Posted Image]

I still wish this would've been a real variant.



I still really want Snowderdash, but people on eBay still want her for an obserd price even though the game she came out for came out 2 years ago.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Starlight_Shine Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#23 Posted: 23:04:44 16/11/2015
Is it me or... Does that thing look like it got puked on?
---
*Nopes out of existence*
Deja Vu Emerald Sparx Gems: 3135
#24 Posted: 23:06:39 16/11/2015
I remember in a video that they said it's possible that the Chase Variants will become real Variants. I only wonder if they're going to restock all the figures, lower the price or just let lucky people have those variants.
---
smiliesmilie Did that just happen? smiliesmilie
The Undead Queen
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2045
#25 Posted: 00:49:41 17/11/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
I remember in a video that they said it's possible that the Chase Variants will become real Variants. I only wonder if they're going to restock all the figures, lower the price or just let lucky people have those variants.


As long as the RFID is known as unique (either through character id or special flag), it is always THEORITICALLY possible. But that's like saying it's THEORITICAL that an asteroid could destroy the earth---not in my lifetime.
UncleBob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4474
#26 Posted: 01:40:41 17/11/2015
Quote: fairyland
Is this now the correct list of figures (not vehicles) without any variants?

Gill Grunt
Nightfall
Stormblade
Terrafin

I'm a bit sad that the two new gals gets shafted but it's less for me to collect I guess.



Could end up with a regular Nightfall and a recalled Night Fall... not a real variant, but pretty neat. ;)
---
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
DinoRangSaMan Blue Sparx Gems: 572
#27 Posted: 01:46:58 17/11/2015
Hi i like him.
---
I will ALWAYS double post! It is what I do for a living
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4138
#28 Posted: 07:18:26 17/11/2015
Quote: fairyland
Is this now the correct list of figures (not vehicles) without any variants?

Gill Grunt
Nightfall
Stormblade
Terrafin

I'm a bit sad that the two new gals gets shafted but it's less for me to collect I guess.


Wow.
These are really the only characters without variants of any kind...?

Well... I think I don't have to say anything more.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2296
#29 Posted: 01:30:00 21/11/2015
Thats really silly tbh. Like, Why make so many variants?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2045
#30 Posted: 01:47:12 21/11/2015
^ Easy work, and us stoopid collectors can't get enough of 'em smilie
Crash10 Gold Sparx Gems: 2460
#31 Posted: 05:40:29 21/11/2015
Just as a reference:

Characters without In-Game Variants
  • Gill Grunt
  • High Volt
  • Eruptor
  • Terrafin
  • Stormblade
  • Nightfall

Characters Without Variants
  • Gill Grunt
  • Terrafin
  • Stormblade
  • Nightfall

Vehicles Without Variants
  • Shield Striker
  • Buzz Wing
  • Crypt Crusher
  • Tomb Buggy
  • Burn Cycle
  • Shark Tank
  • Thump Truck
  • Sky Slicer
  • Jet Stream

Totals
  • Characters Without In-Game Variants: 6/20
  • Characters Without Variants: 4/20
  • Vehicles Without Variants: 9/20
  • Total Without Chase: 15/40
  • Total With Chase: 13/40
---
Play time's over!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#32 Posted: 09:14:07 21/11/2015
Anyone come across one yet on here?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4138
#33 Posted: 11:53:19 21/11/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Thats really silly tbh. Like, Why make so many variants?


Basically what Lemons said.

What makes me facepalm hard, though, is the fact there are more variants than brand new Skylanders (and I think there would still be even if counting reposes as well) this year.

That is one of the things which should never happen again in my opinion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#34 Posted: 12:03:28 21/11/2015
Quote: Crash10
Just as a reference:

Characters without In-Game Variants
  • Gill Grunt
  • High Volt
  • Eruptor
  • Terrafin
  • Stormblade
  • Nightfall

Characters Without Variants
  • Gill Grunt
  • Terrafin
  • Stormblade
  • Nightfall

Vehicles Without Variants
  • Shield Striker
  • Buzz Wing
  • Crypt Crusher
  • Tomb Buggy
  • Burn Cycle
  • Shark Tank
  • Thump Truck
  • Sky Slicer
  • Jet Stream

Totals
  • Characters Without In-Game Variants: 6/20
  • Characters Without Variants: 4/20
  • Vehicles Without Variants: 9/20
  • Total Without Chase: 15/40
  • Total With Chase: 13/40


Volcanic eruptor is in game and gill grunt has the transparent green and the metallic one
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2307
#35 Posted: 13:17:50 21/11/2015
Quote: Crash10
Just as a reference:

Characters without In-Game Variants
  • Gill Grunt
  • High Volt
  • Eruptor
  • Terrafin
  • Stormblade
  • Nightfall

Characters Without Variants
  • Gill Grunt
  • Terrafin
  • Stormblade
  • Nightfall

Vehicles Without Variants
  • Shield Striker
  • Buzz Wing
  • Crypt Crusher
  • Tomb Buggy
  • Burn Cycle
  • Shark Tank
  • Thump Truck
  • Sky Slicer
  • Jet Stream

Totals
  • Characters Without In-Game Variants: 6/20
  • Characters Without Variants: 4/20
  • Vehicles Without Variants: 9/20
  • Total Without Chase: 15/40
  • Total With Chase: 13/40


Eruptor has had one. Volcanic Eruptor. Also, if Elites are counted, Gill Grunt, Eruptor and Terrafin can be taken off the list.
---
christmas is non-negotiable
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4138
#36 Posted: 13:58:02 21/11/2015
Uuuuh... I think they were talking about this year's variants.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#37 Posted: 00:26:09 22/11/2015
Deja Vu.....
That figure you loaded a picture of......I've got her. NIB. Still in mint. Never played with. Got her from China for $141 ($130 + $11 for s&h)
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Crash10 Gold Sparx Gems: 2460
#38 Posted: 01:39:57 22/11/2015
I'm listing SC variants, but I can make about all the series if you want. Should I?
---
Play time's over!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:18 22/11/2015 by Crash10
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2307
#39 Posted: 03:02:35 22/11/2015
I can't believe that Gill Grunt hasn't gotten a Legendary, Dark or just any in-game variant besides an Elite yet.
---
christmas is non-negotiable
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#40 Posted: 09:51:21 22/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
I can't believe that Gill Grunt hasn't gotten a Legendary, Dark or just any in-game variant besides an Elite yet.


Gill grunt needs to take like a 3 yr vacation with eruptor and then come back as a legendary only.

I do feel some skylanders need to be "forgotten" for a few games. I know marketing has there picks of figures but still. I would love to see the next game be just brand new guys and if they must have reposes id like to see guys that didnt get series 2 and have them be lightcore series 2.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2307
#41 Posted: 12:50:57 22/11/2015
Spyro needs to come back. I was shocked to see him not come back for Superchargers, to be honest. The Rift Into Overdrive comic made it look like he was going to be a main character.
---
christmas is non-negotiable
UncleBob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4474
#42 Posted: 13:33:40 22/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
I can't believe that Gill Grunt hasn't gotten a Legendary, Dark or just any in-game variant besides an Elite yet.


Agreed. For all the crap Gilly gets (which is crazy, since he *is* the best Skylander ever), he's never really had an in-game variant (beyond the Elite... which is a pretty lackluster 'variant').
---
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me