Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Come debate a politic with me [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 20:18:22 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
This is gonna sound crazy, but hear me out. All these candidates (Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Huckabee) will either make matters worse or just stall the inevitable. Nowadays, politicians are pretty much all corrupt, with corporate agendas and dozens of secrets. I would like to propose a new candidate in this race, someone we can rely on, someone who appeals to people of all backgrounds: Darth Vader.

"How does he relate to us American citizens? He's a Dark Lord of the Sith!" you may think, but that's far from true. Vader has plenty of redeeming qualities. Here's just a few ways he can appeal to all sides:

How he can appeal to liberals:
-Grew up in slavery
-Taken from his home at a young age
-Watched his mother die because of an oppressive force
-Forced to fight in an arena for the enjoyment of others
-Triple amputee

How he can appeal to conservatives:
-Learned how to build droids when he was only 11
-Earned an honest pay podracing
-2 time war veteran
-Upheld a financially successful government for 23 years
-Never gave up on building his empire

As you can see, there are plenty of reasons that people can relate to Darth Vader. But what about his policies? He did enslave a race in the beginnings of the Empire, he built a few superweapons to combat terrorism, and his government isn't very transparent, but since our country was founded in 1776, we've done those things too. It's not a far cry from what we have now. He might even bring in some helpful policies if elected.

Ways his policies can help America:
-Often negotiates with Hutt clans to reduce debt
-Strikes back at terrorism and rebellion before it can become a problem
-Successful at holding up governments for years on end
-Won't hesitate to do the right thing in the end

All in all, I think Vader would really be able to turn this country around. Plenty of people can relate to him, and he has some policies that could really make a change.

VADER 2016: A FORCE YOU CAN TRUST
[User Posted Image]
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2 Posted: 20:38:03 19/10/2015
Nah Screw Vader. I saw we break the Cultural Barriers once again and vote for everybody's favorite Wookie in 2k16
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#3 Posted: 20:45:49 19/10/2015
I know who I'm voting for now.
#4 Posted: 20:52:09 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wreckingball13
Nah Screw Vader. I saw we break the Cultural Barriers once again and vote for everybody's favorite Wookie in 2k16

Why would you vote for Chewbacca? He's not nearly as relatable as good 'ol Vader.

Quote: RaymanTwilight

Good. May the Force be with you.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#5 Posted: 20:52:40 19/10/2015
Darth Vader does seem like he would be at the very least an interesting candidate. But in the end he also wouldn't be a very ideal one and in the end could actually be among the worst choices for president given his previous track record and behaviors.

Now I'm going to be bending things a little. Because of course the POTUS doesn't have absolute power over the country and also has to answer to the House of Representatives and the Senate. But for the sake of this argument let's say Vader went ahead and rigged things to install his own party into both houses, or used Sith mind tricks to force everyone onto his side and be given automatic approval for everything. And also for the sake of it that using these mind tricks he's able to create an amendment that repels the amendment restricting presidents to two terms, and then mind tricks the electoral college, allowing him to forever be reelected.

Firstly we need to remember what he was doing back when he was in control of the Galactic Empire. The Empire ruled with an iron fist over many star systems in the galaxy, choosing to invade and take over a planet rather than make allies and peace with it. He held a militaristic imperial approach, not that far off from European imperialism in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. Chances are if elected president and given full control he would attempt to carry this philosophy over to US foreign policy.

Such imperialism and marching around is a big no-no nowadays on the international level and can often be considered an act of war not just with the nation you're trying to take over, but also any allies that nation has and all the allies that THOSE nations have (see: Germany's wild trip into Poland). Vader could essentially be starting World War III just because he didn't like how those Bahamas were running things all happily and colorful and felt they needed some Empire spice to it.

I know what you might be thinking. "Well he can mind trick other politicians into siding with him!". Except by then other leaders will know that he's capable of this and will refuse to have meetings or discussions with him of any form, or even get near him. And yeah I can totally see Vader going Independence Day style "I'M FIGHTING IN THE WAR TOO" but chances are he'll get his stupid ass shot down and now we're without a president good work.

In the end war would be the only option, and this would be a massive money sink, which cleverly moves to the next point...

Secondly, Vader may be good with words (or his hand waving abilities) to help clear up some debt but his financial policies would probably lead to ruin on the US economy. Such a militaristic force will probably lead to the further investment into military spending, which would probably lead the US to have an even larger military budget than it already has (and remember that the US already has a larger budget than most of the world's nations combined). He would also likely try to sink money into scientific research to develop new technologies with the primary goal of military use (lasers, more advanced lightsabers, AT-ATs, mega giant planet sized death rays of utter doom, you know the usual). All this spending will greatly increase the national debt to an unstable level that would inevitably lead to collapse and ruin.

And in an attempt to push more money into research and the Not-So-Galactic Army, the money will be taken from other things that Vader feels is expendable. Health care, social security, education to an extent (in a time of total war he probably won't be focused on the future but rather in the present), and so forth will all be sacrificed to make the Empire a force to be reckoned with. The nation will have a much more massive poverty rate and the wealth gap (if there even is one at all) would be monumental.

Thirdly, there's a chance he wouldn't even be running a lot of the show. Yes he ran the Galactic Empire a decent bit but in the end everything he did was for the bidding of the true Emperor, and chances are this trend would continue here. Vader would be president but he would be answering to an even higher power, making him more akin to a Vice President, but with a fancy title.

Fourthly, he's mentally unfit for the job. People have made (rather offensive) cracks at how there shouldn't be a female president because she could have her emotions get the better of her and ruin everything, but there hasn't been much to suggest that. Vader on the other hand is proven to be unstable and have a ridiculously short fuse. His growing up, constant trauma, loss of his wife (and to his knowledge, children), and lack of anger management training has left him a man that, while sometimes empty, also capable of extreme anger and sorrow that could heavily affect the country should he get the absolute power he wants.

And lastly, he can't keep rebellions down forever. All it takes is for his kid to come out of nowhere and shoot a laser into a tiny window in the Death House to take him and his administration out, which would throw the entire nation out of whack and create anarchy among the 50 states and territories (and perhaps the Bahamas if Vader got that far enough).

As you can see Vader seems like a guy with a lot of promise at the start and would probably poll rather well, but in the end wouldn't be a very good fit for the presidential job. He wouldn't really help the country more than harm it and potentially harm others around him.

Now Jar Jar on the other hand? I think he's a common man we can all get behind.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:19 19/10/2015 by CAV
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#6 Posted: 20:53:38 19/10/2015
I'm sorry, but I'm voting for Bluestar.

…what? You have to be human to run for president?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#7 Posted: 21:03:05 19/10/2015
Quote: Cynderfan507
Quote: StormDragon21

Bruh.
She went insane.
Then died.
Forget the fact that she's a cat, she lost her mind and is dead now. Why would you want a dead crazy cat as our president?

Oh yeah. And you can't vote dead people.

Which means that YOU can't vote for Firestar!

Who next?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#8 Posted: 21:04:40 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator

Bruh.
She went insane.
Then died.
Forget the fact that she's a cat, she lost her mind and is dead now. Why would you want a dead crazy cat as our president?

Who next?

my whole plan is ruined between you and CAV

well maybe force ghosts???
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#9 Posted: 21:10:11 19/10/2015

Bruh.
She went insane.
Then died.

Who next?

idk bout you but im voting for mewtwo.

Oh, you're one of those people. The opposite political party. The red half of the Pokéball. I'm sorry, but I'll go with Mew any day of the week.
---
Dead
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 21:15:55 19/10/2015
oh damn you're right
#11 Posted: 21:17:56 19/10/2015
Quote: mega spyro

idk bout you but im voting for mewtwo.

Oh, you're one of those people. The opposite political party. The red half of the Pokéball. I'm sorry, but I'll go with Mew any day of the week.

Mew isn't fit to be president. Mew acts like a kid, Mewtwo is intelligent and ****. Mewtwo for president!

Mewtwo ****ing tried to destroy all his non Pokéclones, and if he had succeed, he probably would have destroyed the world. Is that what you want? To be cloned, then destroyed by your evil clone, and that's if you survive Mewtwo's apocalypse.

And so what if Mew acts like a kid? That's exactly what this country needs! It's because we have never had anyone with that view point that this country is ruined!
---
Dead
#12 Posted: 21:31:56 19/10/2015

Mew isn't fit to be president. Mew acts like a kid, Mewtwo is intelligent and ****. Mewtwo for president!

Mewtwo ****ing tried to destroy all his non Pokéclones, and if he had succeed, he probably would have destroyed the world. Is that what you want? To be cloned, then destroyed by your evil clone, and that's if you survive Mewtwo's apocalypse.

And so what if Mew acts like a kid? That's exactly what this country needs! It's because we have never had anyone with that view point that this country is ruined!

Yeah but eventually he saw what was wrong with his ways!
But Mew can't even talk, how would he be able to be president?

Mewtwo can't talk either, it just uses telepathy. And just because you've never seen Mew talk, doesn't mean it can't. It's the ****ing original Pokémon for ****s sake. It's responsible for putting Pokémon on the planet, which kept people alive. So, without Mew, your precious Mewtwo wouldn't even exist. I'm pretty sure he can talk if he ****ing wanted to. He you just never heard him say anything before because he had nothing to say. He was to busy fighting your mew two, to stop it from destroying the world.

Also, about Mewtwo changing his ways... A Liepard can't change its spots.
---
Dead
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 21:36:58 19/10/2015
god dammit guys

it's obvious that lucario needs to be prez

the american aura is with him
#14 Posted: 21:39:21 19/10/2015

Yeah but eventually he saw what was wrong with his ways!
But Mew can't even talk, how would he be able to be president?

Mewtwo can't talk either, it just uses telepathy. And just because you've never seen Mew talk, doesn't mean it can't. It's the ****ing original Pokémon for ****s sake. It's responsible for putting Pokémon on the planet, which kept people alive. So, without Mew, your precious Mewtwo wouldn't even exist. I'm pretty sure he can talk if he ****ing wanted to. He you just never heard him say anything before because he had nothing to say. He was to busy fighting your mew two, to stop it from destroying the world.

Also, about Mewtwo changing his ways... A Liepard can't change its spots.

Still a form of communication.
And yes, Mew is the original Pokemon, but even so, many of the Pokemon which came from Mew (or were cloned from him, like Mewtwo was), are smarter than Mew.

You've done an IQ test on them all, huh? See, this is why I never argue with you kinds of people. You're just so **** thick skulled smilie!

By that logic, Mew can psychically write down what it wants to say, and then show everyone the pice of paper.
---
Dead
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#15 Posted: 21:39:54 19/10/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Wreckingball13

Why would you vote for Chewbacca? He's not nearly as relatable as good 'ol Vader.

Quote: RaymanTwilight

Good. May the Force be with you.

IDK I have more in common with that beautiful sack of fluff then I do a dead guy.
#16 Posted: 21:50:18 19/10/2015

Still a form of communication.
And yes, Mew is the original Pokemon, but even so, many of the Pokemon which came from Mew (or were cloned from him, like Mewtwo was), are smarter than Mew.

You've done an IQ test on them all, huh? See, this is why I never argue with you kinds of people. You're just so **** thick skulled smilie!

By that logic, Mew can psychically write down what it wants to say, and then show everyone the pice of paper.

No, I mean look at Pokemon like Alakazam (IQ of 5,000, and its brain cells are constantly multiplying), Xatu (it can see the future and the past), Gothitelle (it can predict the future, and it can see their trainer's life span), and, the topic of conversation here, Mewtwo. All are much smarter than Mew.
... Though tbh now I want Alakazam for president...

Again, have you tested Mew's IQ? It probably made Alakazam have an IQ of 5,000, because it needed someone remotely near its intellect. Also, how do you know Mew can't see the future?
---
Dead
#17 Posted: 21:57:43 19/10/2015

No, I mean look at Pokemon like Alakazam (IQ of 5,000, and its brain cells are constantly multiplying), Xatu (it can see the future and the past), Gothitelle (it can predict the future, and it can see their trainer's life span), and, the topic of conversation here, Mewtwo. All are much smarter than Mew.
... Though tbh now I want Alakazam for president...

Again, have you tested Mew's IQ? It probably made Alakazam have an IQ of 5,000, because it needed someone remotely near its intellect. Also, how do you know Mew can't see the future?

I have not. Have you?
I don't know. Do you?

I have not, but I assume the creator of all Pokémon would not make a Pokémon that could outsmart it, or one that could see where Mew would be, so they could assassinate it.

But anyway, I think I'm done talking politics with you. You can go vote for Mewtwo, and lead the country to ruin, but I will vote for something batter! I'll vote for Mew!
---
Dead
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#18 Posted: 21:59:21 19/10/2015
Quote: CAV
Darth Vader does seem like he would be at the very least an interesting candidate. But in the end he also wouldn't be a very ideal one and in the end could actually be among the worst choices for president given his previous track record and behaviors.

Now I'm going to be bending things a little. Because of course the POTUS doesn't have absolute power over the country and also has to answer to the House of Representatives and the Senate. But for the sake of this argument let's say Vader went ahead and rigged things to install his own party into both houses, or used Sith mind tricks to force everyone onto his side and be given automatic approval for everything. And also for the sake of it that using these mind tricks he's able to create an amendment that repels the amendment restricting presidents to two terms, and then mind tricks the electoral college, allowing him to forever be reelected.

Firstly we need to remember what he was doing back when he was in control of the Galactic Empire. The Empire ruled with an iron fist over many star systems in the galaxy, choosing to invade and take over a planet rather than make allies and peace with it. He held a militaristic imperial approach, not that far off from European imperialism in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. Chances are if elected president and given full control he would attempt to carry this philosophy over to US foreign policy.

Such imperialism and marching around is a big no-no nowadays on the international level and can often be considered an act of war not just with the nation you're trying to take over, but also any allies that nation has and all the allies that THOSE nations have (see: Germany's wild trip into Poland). Vader could essentially be starting World War III just because he didn't like how those Bahamas were running things all happily and colorful and felt they needed some Empire spice to it.

I know what you might be thinking. "Well he can mind trick other politicians into siding with him!". Except by then other leaders will know that he's capable of this and will refuse to have meetings or discussions with him of any form, or even get near him. And yeah I can totally see Vader going Independence Day style "I'M FIGHTING IN THE WAR TOO" but chances are he'll get his stupid ass shot down and now we're without a president good work.

In the end war would be the only option, and this would be a massive money sink, which cleverly moves to the next point...

Secondly, Vader may be good with words (or his hand waving abilities) to help clear up some debt but his financial policies would probably lead to ruin on the US economy. Such a militaristic force will probably lead to the further investment into military spending, which would probably lead the US to have an even larger military budget than it already has (and remember that the US already has a larger budget than most of the world's nations combined). He would also likely try to sink money into scientific research to develop new technologies with the primary goal of military use (lasers, more advanced lightsabers, AT-ATs, mega giant planet sized death rays of utter doom, you know the usual). All this spending will greatly increase the national debt to an unstable level that would inevitably lead to collapse and ruin.

And in an attempt to push more money into research and the Not-So-Galactic Army, the money will be taken from other things that Vader feels is expendable. Health care, social security, education to an extent (in a time of total war he probably won't be focused on the future but rather in the present), and so forth will all be sacrificed to make the Empire a force to be reckoned with. The nation will have a much more massive poverty rate and the wealth gap (if there even is one at all) would be monumental.

Thirdly, there's a chance he wouldn't even be running a lot of the show. Yes he ran the Galactic Empire a decent bit but in the end everything he did was for the bidding of the true Emperor, and chances are this trend would continue here. Vader would be president but he would be answering to an even higher power, making him more akin to a Vice President, but with a fancy title.

Fourthly, he's mentally unfit for the job. People have made (rather offensive) cracks at how there shouldn't be a female president because she could have her emotions get the better of her and ruin everything, but there hasn't been much to suggest that. Vader on the other hand is proven to be unstable and have a ridiculously short fuse. His growing up, constant trauma, loss of his wife (and to his knowledge, children), and lack of anger management training has left him a man that, while sometimes empty, also capable of extreme anger and sorrow that could heavily affect the country should he get the absolute power he wants.

And lastly, he can't keep rebellions down forever. All it takes is for his kid to come out of nowhere and shoot a laser into a tiny window in the Death House to take him and his administration out, which would throw the entire nation out of whack and create anarchy among the 50 states and territories (and perhaps the Bahamas if Vader got that far enough).

As you can see Vader seems like a guy with a lot of promise at the start and would probably poll rather well, but in the end wouldn't be a very good fit for the presidential job. He wouldn't really help the country more than harm it and potentially harm others around him.

Now Jar Jar on the other hand? I think he's a common man we can all get behind.

Can we take a moment to appreciate this?
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#19 Posted: 22:01:17 19/10/2015
COBRA COMMANDER 4 PRESIDENT
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#20 Posted: 22:05:36 19/10/2015
He could Jedi Mind Trick Congress and the Supreme Court into doing whatever he wants. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#21 Posted: 23:37:25 19/10/2015
#KrocTheVote

#22 Posted: 23:37:38 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Best ****ing topic ever.

I truly think Vader can make a positive impact.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#23 Posted: 23:44:10 19/10/2015
You guys are all just a bunch of nerds.

Jean-Luc Picard is obviously the best president choice.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#24 Posted: 00:52:01 20/10/2015
Quote: HIR
He could Jedi Mind Trick Congress and the Supreme Court into doing whatever he wants. >.>

I addressed that and that's likely what he would do. But that also would lead to the ruin of the nation.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me