Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 6 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45 46
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3180
#251 Posted: 22:58:00 30/11/2015
I don't want a Mario Galaxy 3. I mean, every 3D Mario game was made with the intention of using the new Nintendo console's capabilities. Galaxy was made with the intention of using Wii capabilities, and a new Galaxy doesn't make sense because of that.
---
Funny Spooky
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5916
#252 Posted: 23:13:05 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersspyro
The Empire Strikes back is not as good as A new Hope.

Wrong topic.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#253 Posted: 23:27:10 30/11/2015
Quote: Crash10
I don't want a Mario Galaxy 3. I mean, every 3D Mario game was made with the intention of using the new Nintendo console's capabilities. Galaxy was made with the intention of using Wii capabilities, and a new Galaxy doesn't make sense because of that.

Well, the galaxy series is something I feel can't age. I mean, it could always try out any consoles capabilities. I could even see a Super Mario 3d World.... In space!!.
But really, I do understand your sentiment, but this I just how I feel. Super Mario Galaxy 2 wasn't even intended to be made, just an upgrade of the first game, and midway through development, they decided to make a new game. Now I feel like Mario can do any kind of game in space, and not get old. But if this happens to much, like if I see Super Mario Galaxy 9 comes out, I will regret these words.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:40 03/12/2015 by Bryman04
#254 Posted: 23:40:45 30/11/2015
Quote: Bryman04

Well, the galaxy series is something I feel can't age. I mean, it could always try out any consoles capabilities. I even see a Super Mario 3d World.... In space!!.
But really, I do understand your sentiment, but this I just how I feel. Super Mario Galaxy 2 wasn't even intended to be made, just an upgrade of the first game, and midway through development, they decided to make a new game. Now I feel like Mario can do any kind of game in space, and not get old. But if this happens to much, like if I see Super Mario Galaxy 9 comes out, I will regret these words.

Yeah. What I'm saying is that every 3D Mario was made with the console in mind. Mario 64 was made with the capabilities of the Nintendo 64 to make 3D worlds and the analog controller in mind. Sunshine was made with the C Stick and the L and R pressure sensitiveness in mind. Galaxy series was made with the pointer and motion controls of Wii Remote in mind. 3D Land was made with the stereoscopic 3D in mind. 3D World was made with the Wii U power of making 4 players at the same time and the Gamepad in mind. A new Mario game needs to use the next Nintendo console capabilities, and Galaxy can't do this, because it only works with the Wii Remote for me.
---
Funny Spooky
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:23 30/11/2015 by Crash10
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#255 Posted: 23:43:57 30/11/2015

I really don't want Galaxy 3 either, with two games is ok. Also they reason the want it beacuse it's so good that it needs a third game but the Wii days are over.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:06 30/11/2015 by KeybasHedKey
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5702
#256 Posted: 23:59:29 30/11/2015
Honestly I want a Galaxy 3 for a couple of reasons. While it was made to take advantage of what the Wii could bring us, it was also held back in the visual department by the Wii's power (or lack thereof). Imagine a Galaxy title made with graphics capable on the Wii U, or something equivalent to the PS4 or XBO. It would be a beautiful game.

Also Galaxy has presented a bit of a problem with scale. With Mario Galaxy we went as far out as the cosmos and beyond, where entire galaxies were within reach and everything was so creative and massive. To then follow that up on consoles with 3D World felt like such a step backwards and almost like it's playing it safe. It's why while I think the game is good it was also pretty underwhelming. If you want a game to feel as big or important as Galaxy, where can you really go from there? I'm not asking that every main Mario title from here on out be a Galaxy game but it does feel a little odd to then just go back to more generic pastures.
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:23 01/12/2015 by CAV
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2813
#257 Posted: 14:52:36 02/12/2015
I don't know if this was unpopular- it seemed like it was on this Ninty forum where I posted it, though maybe it was just because of Ninty bias- so here goes:

Mario games should REALLY get rid of their life system and retool coins to have some other use.
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
#258 Posted: 23:00:54 02/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Why? lol
#259 Posted: 23:30:15 02/12/2015
Some more:

• Ridley is not a good choice for a character for Smash. The reasons we already know, but I think that's somewhat nonsense that some people don't understand what Sakurai said about it.
  • Not an unpopular opinion, but an uncommon act: I prefer to play alone, even multiplayer-focused games, like Mario Party.
  • Many people think that Nintendo only does Mario games and all of then are equal, but I disagree. Each game have a different genre, gameplay style and all. Nintendo simply uses Mario in all these games because he's iconic, so this gives more chance to gain money with the game.
  • The majority of modern Sonic games are good for me, with obvious exceptions.
  • I personally like DLC, but not sell the game into pieces, like some EAs...
  • ---
    Funny Spooky
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:30:55 02/12/2015 by Crash10
    #260 Posted: 23:42:23 02/12/2015 | Topic Creator
  • Ridley is not a good choice for a character for Smash. The reasons we already know, but I think that's somewhat nonsense that some people don't understand what Sakurai said about it.

• Ridley could work if they weren't trying to size-down his Brawl model, tbh. :/
    #261 Posted: 23:47:41 02/12/2015
    Quote: Sesshomaru75

• Ridley could work if they weren't trying to size-down his Brawl model, tbh. :/

But the thing is it: size. There was not any form to make Ridley viable besides shrinking him down. And, as Sakurai said, making the character small would make him not Ridley anymore. Like Source Gaming said, Ridley is an important character for Smash, but not as playable. He has other roles.
    ---
    Funny Spooky
    #262 Posted: 23:51:00 02/12/2015 | Topic Creator
    But the thing is it: size. There was not any form to make Ridley viable besides shrinking him down. And, as Sakurai said, making the character small would make him not Ridley anymore. Like Source Gaming said, Ridley is an important character for Smash, but not as playable. He has other roles.

He could be shrunk down to where it would work and he would still be a decent size, but a lot of people try to do it with his Brawl model which simply doesn't work.

And Sakurai just doesn't want to try, that's all.
    #263 Posted: 23:59:12 02/12/2015

He could be shrunk down to where it would work and he would still be a decent size, but a lot of people try to do it with his Brawl model which simply doesn't work.

And Sakurai just doesn't want to try, that's all.

Not exactly. You know, they shrunk down Honey Queen (that's the name?) In MK7 and it was strange. Ridley is VERY big. Making him at the size of Bowser/DK/Any big character would make him strange.

Also, People think that Sakurai "hates" Ridley and doesn't want him to be playable. But Sakurai is just respecting what Ridley is, and making him appear in all Smash games is not what he would made if him hated Ridley.
    ---
    Funny Spooky
    Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
    #264 Posted: 00:00:55 03/12/2015
    Or he's just doing it because he loves the salt, just like teasing Waluigi only for him to be an assist trophy. When you lose so much of the hype to leaks or spoilers, you start wanting to get your own excitement back.
    ---
    I do art!
    IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
    #265 Posted: 00:05:37 03/12/2015
    Quote: Bifrost
    Or he's just doing it because he loves the salt, just like teasing Waluigi only for him to be an assist trophy. When you lose so much of the hype to leaks or spoilers, you start wanting to get your own excitement back.

Well, that Waluigi thing was just a joke (for the sake of salt). And well, he gave the excitement back, in form of Mewtwo, Mega Man, and all of those requested characters. It's a thing, yeah?
    ---
    Funny Spooky
    #266 Posted: 00:06:14 03/12/2015 | Topic Creator
    I don't think it would be that strange, tbh.

That too.
    #267 Posted: 00:47:23 03/12/2015
    Why? lol

Because Game Overs are pointless when they just send you back to the title screen, which is how they are in Mario games now. Also, once you rack up a good amount of lives, it makes collecting coins all the time feel kind of unsatisfying because you're not getting anything useful for them. (...And they're not really satisfying anyway, because like I said, Game Overs have no real punishment so 1-Ups aren't very rewarding.)

Edit: to elaborate, here's what I said to another friend who asked about it-
    Quote:
    For the life system- just don't. Drop it. Add infinite lives and checkpoints in levels instead. More and more modern games have done that because classic life systems are more of an inconvience than anything. If they don't do anything aside from sending you to the title screen, they're pointless; if they set you back to the start of the world or by a level or something, they force you to repeat even more stuff and that postpones being able to practice the section where you're actually stuck, becoming frustrating; so I think it takes a unique gimmick or very specific design to actually get use out of a classic lives system, and I don't think I've actually seen a good demonstration of that.

I'm glad the system has gone out of style and I don't understand why Mario still uses it.

Shovel Knight has my favourite death system: you have infinite lives so no need to worry about finding 1-ups or the inconvinience of a Game Over, you have a chance to earn back the gold you drop from dying (so it gives you a second chance, and it's a setback that's noticeable but not annoying), but if you die again then the gold is permanently lost, so you are punished for dying repeatedly. (Unless you exit to the title lol)
    ---
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:25:00 03/12/2015 by Drawdler
    Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 5745
    #268 Posted: 03:27:46 03/12/2015
    ^ I quite liked the lives/death system in Rayman Origins/Legends: you just respawn at the start of the screen you were on or next to the challenge that killed you, and it's almost instantaneous. Very well done, that was.
    #269 Posted: 04:35:05 03/12/2015
    ^ Agreed! I love those games. :D Still waiting for another full entry...
    ---
    #270 Posted: 04:39:15 03/12/2015
    ^ Wait, are there partial entries in the series? I sort of heard about a mobile version but it didn't seem interesting at all.
    #271 Posted: 06:29:51 03/12/2015
    I know on iOS there's Jungle Run and Fiesta Run. Jungle Run is quite good, though I didn't try much of Fiesta Run (it had too many reminders to buy crap, so I stopped playing- the gameplay was still fun, but I got tired of the reminders, and I don't know if they've toned them down since). They announced another one called Rayman Adventures, but I don't know if it's out yet.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:30:11 03/12/2015 by Drawdler
    ThroneOfMalefor Emerald Sparx Gems: 4076
    #272 Posted: 19:32:56 03/12/2015
    I have Jungle Run for Android and it's pretty fun but since buying it 2 years ago I haven't felt the need to revisit it. We need the next game now!
    ---
    i'm happy, you not
    it's just perspective
    IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
    #273 Posted: 00:50:10 04/12/2015
    If this isn't actually unpopular, I apologize, but it has been everywhere I've gone, sooo...

I find the outrage over Nintendo 'censoring' Lin/Lynlee in Xenoblade Chronicles X to be absolutely ridiculous. Of all the things to be censored, I consider this to be justified. Doesn't mean I agree with all the changes Nintendo has made to all its games over the years, but I still really don't get why this particular thing is such a damnable offense to some people.
    ThroneOfMalefor Emerald Sparx Gems: 4076
    #274 Posted: 19:28:33 04/12/2015
    undertale is not the next coming of christ and is only a k game
    ---
    i'm happy, you not
    it's just perspective
    CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
    #275 Posted: 20:27:19 04/12/2015
    I hate that Cloud is in Super Smash, and I am fed up with many who like it. Not all, but those who were angry at PS All Stars, have *no* right to be happy about Cloud. They complained about Raiden and Dante being in PS All Stars, when they're not console exclusive, but they just love Cloud being in Super Smash.... who's game was never on a Nintendo system.... ever. The sheer hypocrisy ticks me off so much. Cloud does not belong on Super Smash, he's only ever made cameos in Nintendo games (or been a chibi in something like the rhythm game), and I'm never going to play as him, regardless of how much I love FF.
    #276 Posted: 20:41:51 04/12/2015
    Quote: ThroneOfMalefor

Well,it isn't for sure, but it definately opens up a ton of paths on RPGs. That kind of 'someone else has to try it before most people have the courage to follow' stuff. Blind praise helps no game.

Hm,since Smash Direct is coming up. Inkling as a possible smash character... I dunno. As much as I like their designs,and while they could have some great sets of moves,a 14 year old battling super soilders and the like just doesn't sit well,even less than Miis.
    ---
    I do art!
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:09 04/12/2015 by Bifrost
    parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7085
    #277 Posted: 22:08:36 04/12/2015
    I need to get this off my chest before I explode.

I really think MGSV and Rocket League both deserved the wins over Undertale. MGSV because of it's amazing sound design and wide variety of original music and 80's music. Honestly, the fact that people are getting salty over Undertale losing to Triple A company is beyond me, but to each their own.

Now onto "car soccer" honestly, the only reason why I feel Rocket League won is because of it's multiplayer experience. Which amounts in more Youtubers playing it because of that reason. Which results in more views, more people playing and therefore more popularity. Again the fact that Undertale fans are getting so salty over this is beyond me.
    ---
    looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
    #278 Posted: 22:15:54 04/12/2015
    I think they deserved it as well, my problem was with Her Story and Life is Strange(less for being a good game,more for being nominated in a category it just didn't fit). And... you'd be salty too if the only thing the judges/people being interviewed said about the game was 'the music is good' and 'I didn't play it', but as usual fandom wars are not the right way to go about it for ANY reason.

I wish I had something unpopular to say about the awards to tie into this. Considering I was watching some other comment sections, no, I think I followed most people's opinions pretty thoroughly e_e though maybe the Konami callout wasn't really as hype as it was at the moment,since the company just doesn't care about PR anymore.
    ---
    I do art!
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:24 04/12/2015 by Bifrost
    parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7085
    #279 Posted: 22:19:18 04/12/2015
    I don't want to come off as rude, Bifrost, but are you perhaps talking about the most influential category? I do think Life is Strange earned that too, for that ending, man.
    ---
    looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
    #280 Posted: 22:32:52 04/12/2015
    Games for Change, if it's the same title. I know it earned by story, but it'd be then Best Narrative,which Her Story took. Games For Change kinda implies gameplay that changes your expectations,and on the outside Life is Strange is just your usual Telltale with a gimmick. Even if Her Story doesn't seem to deserve much other than Best Performance from an outsider's perspective(could be wrong,dunno, no money to use for watch-then-quiz games), they should've been switched if the titles really mean anything,but doesn't seem like they do if it's like this.
    ---
    I do art!
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:36:20 04/12/2015 by Bifrost
    #281 Posted: 22:35:50 04/12/2015
    What? Gameplay that changes your expectations? I don't think this is the thing of this award. Maybe I don't understand what you mean. If it's that, so sorry.
    ---
    Funny Spooky
    #282 Posted: 22:42:22 04/12/2015
    Well, to be fair,they never actually explained what it means,same for Trending Gamer(which apparently is another name for Let's Player since they all kinda do that?). Since it was decided offstage,there also wasn't a short speech about it either, so it's kinda up in the air and I just went with a more literal meaning.
    ---
    I do art!
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:43:19 04/12/2015 by Bifrost
    spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
    #283 Posted: 23:00:35 04/12/2015
    I like Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Yes it didn't really have the heart and soul of the previous Paper Mario games, but I still had a lot of fun with it. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of hints when you had to defeat certain bosses with a special sticker (otherwise, they're insanely difficult due to their gigantic health bar) or insert a certain sticker in an area to progress through the story; sure I used the internet to help, but the fact you have to backtrack to get the correct sticker to progress is rather tedious. Otherwise, I liked this game, a lot.

Also I don't hate Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric. Yes I thought it was repetitive and boring at times, but it didn't infuriate me like Sonic 06 did, in my opinion it's just mediocre. I also liked Shattered Crystal to some degree.

The mach speed sections in Sonic 06 is my least favorite part of the entire game. Sure there's only four of them, but I hate them so much...
    #284 Posted: 23:17:33 04/12/2015
    Well, to be fair,they never actually explained what it means,same for Trending Gamer(which apparently is another name for Let's Player since they all kinda do that?). Since it was decided offstage,there also wasn't a short speech about it either, so it's kinda up in the air and I just went with a more literal meaning.

From what we can understand, Games for Change are the games that can make something more the being a good game. They are games that show and talk about something important for the society. Just like the past year's winner (Valiant Hearts).
    ---
    Funny Spooky
    DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
    #285 Posted: 00:01:07 05/12/2015
    I'm not surprised that Undertale didn't win anything. Undertale is pretty much a one person project, and off course AAA titles are going to win since they get more publicity. Also Undertale may be all over places like tumblr, reddit, etc, but I don't think it's as popular as people may think it is; I think it just has a loud fanbase. The amount of people who own it on Steam is nowhere near as much as how much a console game can sell, and the amount it of installs it has so far would probably considered a commercial failure if it was an AAA console game. I would have loved Undertale to win one of the categories, mainly the Games for Change one since it really does change the RPG style and it has really good characters that have been lacking in western video games recently. But it just doesn't stand a chance against AAA titles. I also believe it should have won the Best RPG award, but of course it cannot compete against Bloodborne, Witcher, and Fallout since those three are really big AAA titles. But I guess it would have gotten more publicity from this, so I guess in the end that's a pretty good thing. Also the fact that Undertale actually got nominated for some of the awards alone is a pretty big deal, since a lot of games wouldn't have even gotten nominated.

However, I'm mainly just pissed that Undertale wasn't nominated for Best Soundtrack because I'm sure it would have had a good chance at winning Best Soundtrack. But it probably didn't get in for Best Soundtrack because it didn't have an orchestra. Also I don't get how Rocket League beat Undertale or the other nominated Independent games.

Also even though I haven't played Splatoon, I find it funny how it won Best Shooter and defeated FFS games like Call of Duty. I can imagine FFS fanboys being salty about this.
    ---
    a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:21:07 05/12/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
    #286 Posted: 01:56:40 05/12/2015
    Quote: ThroneOfMalefor

Well,it isn't for sure, but it definately opens up a ton of paths on RPGs. That kind of 'someone else has to try it before most people have the courage to follow' stuff. Blind praise helps no game.

Hm,since Smash Direct is coming up. Inkling as a possible smash character... I dunno. As much as I like their designs,and while they could have some great sets of moves,a 14 year old battling super soilders and the like just doesn't sit well,even less than Miis.

[User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image]

I don't think kids fighting is anything new. That aside though, I'd much rather Inkling's be saved for Smash 5 and another character like K. Rool, Issac, or Bandanna Dee take the ballot spot.
    #287 Posted: 02:04:15 05/12/2015
    I kinda forgot about them to be honest, it still doesn't sit too well with me. Maybe it's because inklings look a bit tad closer to IRL teenagers(they're still cartoony,but the proportions are MUCH closer)?

I still think we need more villains in smash 4 before it runs its course. The three(since you can barely count Dedede anymore,just Ganondorf, Bowser,Bowser Jr.) are fine,but now that we finally have a ton of dream matches realized for protagonists, maybe something crazier with villains versus unlikely protagonists would do a lot as well.
    ---
    I do art!
    Sleepy0429 Gold Sparx Gems: 2716
    #288 Posted: 04:59:37 05/12/2015
    *No indies should be in smash
    *No indies should be in smash
    besides Shantae

*KNUCKLES SHOULD BE IN SMASH
    *Project M was OK.
    *Shovel Knight is overrated
    *Shantae (the original) is underrated
    ---
    >TFW not emerald
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
    #289 Posted: 10:00:21 05/12/2015
    - I'm excited to get Animal Crossing amiibo Festival and I don't care if we haven't got a proper Animal Crossing game for the Wii U yet (not that I don't want one).

- I find Pokemon Picross really addictive.
    ---
    #SobbleSquad
    StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 5996
    #290 Posted: 11:45:14 05/12/2015
    Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger are probably great games but they represent the smug embodiment of smarmy old school Generation X gamers who denounce everything afterwords unless it looks exactly like those games and beloved by their original creators (Final Fantasy IX, Lost Odyssey, etc.) otherwise 3D graphics, different artstyles, different production teams or anyone else having their own input is considered horrible on a "fundamental level"... somehow.

Even they like it, they smugly claim they would say it shouldn't have whatever particular name in it and pretend they're being sincere about the great these franchises "were". I feel bad when went on like that. Legend of Spyro and Skylanders are Spyro games even I don't them that much. DmC: Devil May Cry is as Devil May Cry as other Devil May Cry games. What is in a name? Not a video game. XI to XV are as Final Fantasy as well, they don't have to like those games but they shouldn't act like gatekeeping elitists.

Some of these old school fans are genuinely stupid if they think Final Fantasy XV could have a more traditional battle system in it's pre-beta status.
    ---
    AH-HA-HA-HA! HUHUHU! HUHUHU! AH-HA-HA-HA! AH-HA-AH-HA! AAAAAAAGGHH-!!!
    Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
    #291 Posted: 15:59:18 05/12/2015
    I really liked the first Record of Agarest War (also known as Agarest: Generations of War), but thought RoAW Zero was average and absolutely hated RoAW2.

Seems like most other people who have played this series either liked all three or hated them all.
    ---
    Strength, courage, and evil
    #292 Posted: 19:48:50 05/12/2015 | Topic Creator
    Quote: StevemacQ
    Legend of Spyro and Skylanders are Spyro games even I don't them that much.

Except Skylanders isn't Spyro...

(And I'm not saying that because I have anything against Skylanders, because I don't really, tbh)
    #293 Posted: 01:22:47 06/12/2015
    The only reason why Spyro was a major character in the first Skylanders game was to gain extra fans and money.
    ---
    #294 Posted: 01:35:52 06/12/2015
    True. But it's not an unpopular opinion, and he's playable to this day even if only the writers give him love(comics,books and lore).
    ---
    I do art!
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:03 06/12/2015 by Bifrost
    KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
    #295 Posted: 00:27:43 08/12/2015
    I'm not a big fan of Plataformer games. It's just not my thing most of these due to tend to be you need to collect stuff and it gets annoying.
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
    #296 Posted: 20:55:27 08/12/2015
    From what we've seen so far, I think the gameplay for the Final Fantasy VII remake looks better than the original.
    ---
    #SobbleSquad
    #297 Posted: 00:00:13 09/12/2015
    The only Final Fantasy game I ever thought was worthwhile was 9. The rest always felt overwrought to me and way overhyped, especially 7.
    #298 Posted: 00:05:14 09/12/2015
    Final Fantasy XII's battle system wasn't as bad as people make it think. The game has a TON more problems,but the positioning strategies and the ability to change your mind about attacks on the fly made it so much fun - fun enough to turn off Gambits except for some really essential stuff, indeed.
    ---
    I do art!
    #299 Posted: 03:41:04 09/12/2015
    I've never liked turn based battle systems, and the only time I will ever like it is in Pokemon games (and Digimon World 3). So I'm glad that recent FF games have a combat system that isn't turn based.
    ---
    Tetris Ripto Gems: 30
    #300 Posted: 09:53:23 09/12/2015
    Undertale is hyped much more than it needs to be. People need to actually chill out.
    First | Previous | Page 6 of 46 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45 46

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me