Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2847
#201 Posted: 07:22:13 03/11/2015
I hate Espeon and Glaceon. They look sooo generic (Well, most of the Eevelutions kinda are, but at least they have more interesting palettes and archetypes going for them)
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#202 Posted: 15:45:16 03/11/2015
I think it's really stupid to choose Chloe over THE ENTIRE ****ING CITY FULL OF INNOCENT PEOPLE in Life is Strange.
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7046
#203 Posted: 16:42:52 03/11/2015
Halo 4 is my favorite Halo game.
---
Cool cool.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 5972
#204 Posted: 16:45:04 03/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Kuja from Final Fantasy IX is a better villain than both Kefka and Sephiroth imo.
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8698
#205 Posted: 20:19:58 03/11/2015
I like the Investigations games and Dual Destinies more than the first four Ace Attorney games. No opinion on Dai Gyakuten Saiban because it doesn't look like we're getting it in the West. The two sets of games were made by different Capcom teams and I'm probably the only person I know of who likes the AAI/Dual Destinies team more. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#206 Posted: 02:51:38 06/11/2015
I enjoyed the Medal of Honor reboot games, ESPECIALLY Warfighter. I liked that they took the franchise to the war in Afghanistan and I'm really disappointed that they aren't making any more games for the franchise now.
---
Cool cool.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#207 Posted: 13:22:26 06/11/2015
I don't like Skylanders. And it's not because 'it ruined Spyro!!!'. I'm actually happy that Spyro still exists through Skylanders, and if it weren't for Skylanders then The Legend of Spyro probably would have been continued (and TLOS was awful, worse than Skylanders). Skylanders stays true to the Original Spyro more than TLOS does and even has the sheep (not sure if the sheep are still there after Spyro's Adventure though). I doubt the original Spyro would have came back if Skylanders never happened since it was already taken over with the reboot. I just never enjoyed the game. The toy and portal stuff was pretty cool, but I ended up only playing half of Spyro's Adventure and stopped playing halfway through. I also didn't really enjoy any of the characters apart from Spyro (I was glad he got his original personality back) and I was quite pissed how Cynder got included over Hunter, and the later deserved it more than Cynder did.

Also I don't like how Cynder is purple now; I preferred her being black since it looks way better. People say it's her 'true colour', but I just think black looked better.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:26:14 06/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6714
#208 Posted: 14:13:26 06/11/2015
It's regarded as the true color since in DOTD she's just a dark shade of purple instead of black, but hey, it's also DoTD, I like both but black Skynder just doesn't seem to fit her triangle-y design now.

But it's only fair if you tried and just don't like the games for what they are. It won't be good for everyone, same way someone might like, say, Kamen Rider Summonride and not this. It's the unreasonable stuff like Skyro's design or target audience that just generate hate and flamewars.

I can't really dislike overused game memes as much as I did back in the Cake is a Lie days. Yeah, fads will be fads, but once you think about it, these games will just be forgotten if there's not that lasting phrase that'll stick to your memories. So yeah, arrow to the knee, bad time, determination, even the meme about memes with Monsoon and all are fine even if they're annoying.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6334
#209 Posted: 14:15:31 06/11/2015
I tend to actually like video game memes.

I mean to me, they are really just highlighting memorable or quirky things about a game.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#210 Posted: 20:10:23 06/11/2015
Guess I'll give more, as I have nothing better to do.

Being someone who really doesn't like Legend of Zelda, and almost hates Ocarina of Time (the fans did that)... my favorite game in the series is actually Spirit Tracks. I know it isn't the best game in the series, but guess what? Neither is Ocarina of Time, and while fans won't admit it, they also act as though it's the best game ever made, all because their nostalgia says it for them. I know Spirit Tracks was not the best Zelda game, but it fit what I wanted out of the series, and I found more enjoyment in it than the others. I enjoyed the game mechanic with Zelda's ghost, and unlike most people, I really liked the idea with the train.

I don't know why this is an unpopular opinion, being any fan I know, agrees with me... just unfortunately so many go to the side of "what game?" and continue to defend those other games. I think Level-5 needs to just stop making other games for a while, be it Professor Layton, Ni No Kuni, or whatever they're making this time, and finally just give us Dark Cloud 3. Level-5 has made some rather poor games lately, and they continue to run away from making Dark Cloud 3 by saying nobody asks for it. Well.... did the fans ask for Ni No Kuni when that was a new IP and nobody knew what it was?! smilie Yeah, I think they need to just stop with all of their bad games and finally make the one good game they can make.

I'm unsure if this is really unpopular or not, but I've gotten crap for it in the past, so. I enjoy casual cosplaying. Just cosplaying on a normal day when doing normal things. Nothing too big, but I've done things dressed as Silent Hill 2's Maria, I wear my FFVIII Laguna's coat maybe once every two weeks, and I once, for the fun of it, went shopping as a fem-Caius from FFXIII-2. As I said, unsure if it's unpopular, but I've gotten crap for it.
#211 Posted: 20:28:59 06/11/2015
^I can understand wanting a Dark Cloud 3, but saying Level-5's other games are bad is really stretching it. Level-5 haven't put out a single bad game.

I mean, I personally don't give two ****s about Inazuma Eleven, and I probably won't ever play LBX or Yokai Watch either. But those aren't bad games by any means (if they were, they wouldn't be so successful).
---
#212 Posted: 20:37:57 06/11/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
^I can understand wanting a Dark Cloud 3, but saying Level-5's other games are bad is really stretching it. Level-5 haven't put out a single bad game.

I mean, I personally don't give two ****s about Inazuma Eleven, and I probably won't ever play LBX or Yokai Watch either. But those aren't bad games by any means (if they were, they wouldn't be so successful).

You're right, they aren't exactly bad games by any means, but this is the company who made Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (or Dark Cloud 2). Dark Cloud 2, my personal all time favorite game, simply can't be compared to by their other titles. Most of their games are nice, soothing, entertaining, but when in comparison to the two Dark Cloud games, they are in their own way, bad. I know I sound like a fangirl here, I mean I am even calling myself out for it. lol.
#213 Posted: 20:52:34 06/11/2015
That's the thing, it's a bit much to say another game is bad just because it isn't "your" game, as it were.

I personally love the Professor Layton series, and it's the only Level-5 series I am invested in. And the only one I kind of want to play besides it right now is Ni No Kuni. But that doesn't mean I think Dark Cloud or any of their other franchises are bad though (for what it's worth, I did play a demo of the first Dark Cloud, and I thought it was alright, but other games overshadowed it at the time so I never bought the full thing. Kingdom Hearts would go on to become my go-to RPG Action-Adventure game).
---
#214 Posted: 22:35:15 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CelesteInk
Being someone who really doesn't like Legend of Zelda, and almost hates Ocarina of Time (the fans did that)...

Why do you let fans ruin a game for you? That's really silly, if you ask me.

I love Ocarina of Time - as it's my second favorite Zelda game behind Majora's Mask - but I don't think it's the "best" Zelda game, let alone the "best game ever made".

I'm obviously not saying that you have to like the game, I'm just saying that you shouldn't let a fanbase - which are generally toxic anyways - ruin something for you.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:04:28 07/11/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#215 Posted: 01:08:29 07/11/2015
I'm disappointed about Twilight Princess HD. Feels like there's been too many Zelda remasters lately. Doing OoT and MM I get because they have the same engine, WW was unnessicary but at least it's not too recent (since you can't play GC games on a Wii U), but the Wii version of TP is still playable on the Wii U. Personally, it's also my least favourite 3D Zelda game. While they could fix my issues with it, I'd just prefer to see new Zelda games sooner or with even more budget put into them.
---
#216 Posted: 01:28:28 07/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
I'm disappointed about Twilight Princess HD. Feels like there's been too many Zelda remasters lately. Doing OoT and MM I get because they have the same engine, WW was unnessicary but at least it's not too recent (since you can't play GC games on a Wii U), but the Wii version of TP is still playable on the Wii U. Personally, it's also my least favourite 3D Zelda game. While they could fix my issues with it, I'd just prefer to see new Zelda games sooner or with even more budget put into them.

How is three remakes "too many"? Not to mention that they've only been coming out every two years or so since OoT 3D came out.

And it makes just as much sense to remake TP as TWW, if not more so since TP has a lot more room to grow and improve when compared to TWW.
(Also bear in mind that TWW HD took only six months to make)

A majority of the fanbase doesn't like the Wii version of the game either, or they at least consider it the "inferior" version.

And do keep in mind that there are separate teams working on separate things.
There is the main team who work on new games (Including Zelda U), and another team that works on remakes. (Plus Grezzo)

Zelda U is still getting plenty of attention, which is why they delayed it until 2016 so that they could put some more of their unused ideas into it.
Zelda U is also meant to "rethink the conventions of Zelda", which means a lot of change which can't really be done in a short period of time.

I get where you're coming from with how long new games take, but remakes are only meant to hold fans over and to also reintroduce the games to a new(er) audience.
(Plus it's an obvious grab for money 'cause they know people will buy it, which means the money they make off of remakes can be put towards the budget of a new game)

They do not delay new games in any way, shape, or form.
What delays the new games is new ideas being put into them and trying to make sure that the games aren't rushed.

Zelda is the kind of series where it's better to wait for new installments for them to be great, than to rush them out the door for them to be mediocre or crap.

Oh, and technically speaking, remakes have always been a part of Zelda, we're only noticing it now since the remakes are more... well... actual remakes.
---
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 02:57:57 07/11/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#217 Posted: 02:07:21 07/11/2015
I don't really know what else to say. I just don't like seeing so many remakes and half the Zelda games this gen (Hyrule Warriors/Triforce Heroes) were just spinoffs, not full games.
I forgot about it, but there's that Hyrule Warriors port for the 3DS, too. It's such a blatant money grab because the game's only a couple of years old and getting ported to a weaker system.
I know I'm in a minority, but this is an unpopular opinions thread and I haven't particularly liked any of the original Zelda games this gen. For another recent entry, I liked Skyward Sword, but it wasn't as good as it could have been (not talking about the motion controls, which I actually don't mind, I just think parts of it were iffy like the sky being so empty). I'm pretty underwhelmed with the series lately and seeing all these remakes is just making me like it less. I really hope Zelda U is better, but right now I'm not very positive about Zelda. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this, because I really have nothing left to say.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:18:07 07/11/2015 by Drawdler
#218 Posted: 02:18:32 07/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Tri Force Heroes was a canon side game, not an actual spin-off, but eh...

Keep in mind that Hyrule Warriors was created by a different developer entirely, so that's not really affecting new games in the series whatsoever.
(Though I agree that Hyrule Warriors Legends is a blatant cash grab since HW itself only came out in 2014)

I get where you're coming from with that, but don't let remakes - which once again don't affect new games - ruin your view on the series as a whole.
(You don't have to buy remakes either, obviously)

I'd also like to point out that I'm not defending remakes being made lately, just that it's not exactly the same situation as with how other companies handle remakes.
(i.e Companies making remasters of games that aren't even ten-years-old yet)

That said I'm sorta finding it hard to feel excited for Zelda U at the moment since the last thing that got me excited for it was the trailer. (Which was quite a while ago)

And fair enough.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 03:01:29 07/11/2015 by Sesshomaru75
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 5766
#219 Posted: 02:32:31 07/11/2015
IMO a remake can enhance the reputation of a game (Wind Waker HD a good example of this). Remakes can work, but when a game that came out 5 years ago gets remade, it's just kinda stupid.
---
"If Jesus showed up now, he'd be in jail by next week"
Motörhead - Brave New World - Hammered (2002)
#220 Posted: 02:35:18 07/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555
IMO a remake can enhance the reputation of a game (Wind Waker HD a good example of this). Remakes can work, but when a game that came out 5 years ago gets remade, it's just kinda stupid.

Yeah, I agree.
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#221 Posted: 02:41:44 07/11/2015
What the actual hell are you guys talking about, the Wii U and 3DS have been a great thing to own for Zelda fans.

We get the superior versions of OOT, MM, and WW, with Twilight Princess all but confirmed along the way. The 3 remakes we have so far have done a great job at fixing the poor gameplay elements from the original and upping the graphics, and I would wager that TPHD will provide an alternative to it's loooooong tutorial and pretty everything up, maybe make it less muddy in places.

Both systems got a spinoff game to call their own, with Hyrule Warriors being analogous to Smash Brothers in some ways (bringing all the loved characters together across space and time) and introducing people to the Dynasty Warriors gameplay. It's also a really damn good game. The 3DS port...I don't see why but eh if it brings more people in I don't see why not.

The 3DS just got Tri Force Heroes, and while not an epic quest it delivers on what it promises. It's 128 multiplayer zelda dungeons, can you really ask for more? Combine that with the unique costumes and the quirky atmosphere and you have yourself a great time.

Last on our list of games is the most innovative Zelda game since OOT, A Link Between Worlds. I could just ramble on and on about this game, but needless to say it could easily be considered the best handheld zelda game. It shakes things upwith the rental system and non linearity combined with the fact that there are so many things to collect and they all directly benefit YOU, the player. I freaking love this game and you are doing a great disservice to yourself if you own a 3DS but not ALBW.

As for Zelda U...I can't form a clear opinion but it seems to be building on the nonlinear foundation of ALBW. It looks promising, but we'll have to wait and see how this one turns out folks.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#222 Posted: 02:45:27 07/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: hardcoreignitor
What the actual hell are you guys talking about, the Wii U and 3DS have been a great thing to own for Zelda fans.

I never said that they weren't.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#223 Posted: 04:27:55 07/11/2015

I think I agree with most of this. Games like LoZ: OoT and MM were deserving of remakes because they were pretty good games, needed some exposure for the younger generations, and DEFINITELY needed updated graphics, all of which the 3DS ports helped with.

An example of a game that REALLY didn't need a remaster was The Last of Us. Granted it came out very late in the PS3's lifespan, but there wasn't much reason for a PS4 port. It's not very replayable, it was really recent, and it seems like it was made only to make more money and show off the PS4's graphical capabilities.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 5766
#224 Posted: 05:37:54 07/11/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

An example of a game that REALLY didn't need a remaster was The Last of Us. Granted it came out very late in the PS3's lifespan, but there wasn't much reason for a PS4 port. It's not very replayable, it was really recent, and it seems like it was made only to make more money and show off the PS4's graphical capabilities.

Eh, The Last of Us at least added content to the remake. If it didn't include anything, yeah, it's bull****, but at least they added content to the game.
---
"If Jesus showed up now, he'd be in jail by next week"
Motörhead - Brave New World - Hammered (2002)
#225 Posted: 06:48:13 07/11/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: CelesteInk
Being someone who really doesn't like Legend of Zelda, and almost hates Ocarina of Time (the fans did that)...

Why do you let fans ruin a game for you? That's really silly, if you ask me.

I love Ocarina of Time - as it's my second favorite Zelda game behind Majora's Mask - but I don't think it's the "best" Zelda game, let alone the "best game ever made".

I'm obviously not saying that you have to like the game, I'm just saying that you shouldn't let a fanbase - which are generally toxic anyways - ruin something for you.

Well to be honest, I've never liked it anyway. I thought it was mediocre, on a good day. Back when Ocarina of Time was re-released on the Gamecube (with Majora's Mask and a few others all bundled onto one disk), well back then, if your school didn't talk about a game, you simply didn't hear about it, since the internet still wasn't too big of a deal by this point... and I had the utmost terrible dial-up. lol.... anway! My friend in school told me Ocarina of Time was the coolest game of the decade, and even compared it to the Oracle games, which were my current favorite in the series. He let me borrow the Gamecube version, and told me to call him once I got to a certain point. I remember my reaction being "What in the world are you talking about?" once playing it. If you've seen the Egoraptor video, that was pretty much everything I felt about the game. I thought it was just meh, I didn't like it. You know what makes you go from not liking a game, to almost hating it? When so many people claim it's the "best game ever made". It's one of the few games I've started maybe five times now, gotten around ten hours in each time, and gave up each time out of boredom and frustration, still having never finished it.
#226 Posted: 06:53:20 07/11/2015 | Topic Creator
That's fine and all, but I still don't get why you would even let the fanbase further reduce yor liking of the game in the first place.

And most of Egoraptor's points in that video were extremely nitpicky and made him out to seem extremely impatient (Which he is), but I digress.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:58:06 07/11/2015 by Sesshomaru75
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#227 Posted: 09:42:58 07/11/2015
I much prefer Mario Sunshine over both Galaxy games. I like the open world, 64-esque style compared to the more streamlined approach that Galaxy and 3D Land/World take. There are some open world levels in Galaxy like Honeyhive and Beach Bowl, but I can't get into them as much as Sunshine. I think it's based on how despite being a similar kind of level that would be in Sunshine, it doesn't feel like that to me because of the planet concept. The planets fit the space theme and allow them to do a lot more with the game, but it also didn't have me as invested as every level felt disconnected from each other. That was something I loved from the Gamecube era in general. Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Wind Waker, and recently Mario Kart 8 all had really cool worlds that felt connected and not only gave a sense of scale but allowed me to actually care about what I was saving. I didn't feel that as much when I played Galaxy.

I also think Mario controls a ton better in Sunshine. Sure, he doesn't have a long jump, but that was unneeded with F.L.U.D.D. around. The controls were responsive and the Gamecube controller allowed you a lot of freedom to mess around. This can backfire sometimes with glitches and the absolutely horrible slope detection, but those are fairly minor faults when in return you get the most fluid Mario in any game imo. Compared to that, Galaxy just feels stiff in my opinion. I feel about it kinda the same way as Melee and Brawl, I like both but prefer the glitchier yet faster game compared to the slower but better made game.

I have a bunch of other reasons why I like it more, but I'll leave it here. Just as a note, I'm not saying Galaxy 1/2 are bad games. They're definitely the better made games compared to Sunshine. However, just because I think was a better made doesn't mean it's my favorite game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:54:14 07/11/2015 by LunarDistortion
#228 Posted: 09:48:35 07/11/2015
Quote: Drawdler
I don't really know what else to say. I just don't like seeing so many remakes and half the Zelda games this gen (Hyrule Warriors/Triforce Heroes) were just spinoffs, not full games.
I forgot about it, but there's that Hyrule Warriors port for the 3DS, too. It's such a blatant money grab because the game's only a couple of years old and getting ported to a weaker system.
I know I'm in a minority, but this is an unpopular opinions thread and I haven't particularly liked any of the original Zelda games this gen. For another recent entry, I liked Skyward Sword, but it wasn't as good as it could have been (not talking about the motion controls, which I actually don't mind, I just think parts of it were iffy like the sky being so empty). I'm pretty underwhelmed with the series lately and seeing all these remakes is just making me like it less. I really hope Zelda U is better, but right now I'm not very positive about Zelda. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this, because I really have nothing left to say.

I agree that the latest Zelda games haven't impressed me. Twilight Princess was the last Zelda game I enjoyed. PH and ST weren't good games (I did like ST, but I didn't like the train idea at all and it kind of ruined the game for me) and I haven't even finished Skyward Sword or A Link Between Worlds simply because I haven't enjoyed them (I'm currently at the ship dungeon in SS, and I've forgotten where I'm even up to in ALBW). The Orcarina of Time and Majora's Mask remakes were what kept me interested in Zelda long enough to want to play Zelda Wii U.
---
#229 Posted: 21:33:43 07/11/2015
I'm sorry but...

Quote:
I like the open world

Sunshine wasn't open. It had a few open levels, but those were really, really empty and barren.

[User Posted Image]

They really don't hold a candle to Galaxy's more open levels:

[User Posted Image]

And in terms of progression, Sunshine was more linear than Galaxy. You had to go through every Shine Sprite mission in each level in order in Sunshine. In Galaxy, it's kinda similar, except you do have secret Stars in some scenarios, you have the Comet appearances, and you have the "find Luigi" missions, and these all helped give the player more choice in terms of the order they wanted to progress through the Star mission. The order of the main missions is linear but everything else isn't.

Quote:
it also didn't have me as invested as every level felt disconnected from each other.

In the Galaxy games, you may not see other levels in the background (but it'd be silly to expect this since every level is literally a galaxy), but if you talk to the NPCs, they make reference to other galaxies and other NPCs in quite a few cases. There's a reason why some galaxies are thematically similar or have the same race of NPCs (like Penguins or Gearmos), or why you might find certain characters in a place where they seemingly don't belong.

This also ties into the series' overall theme - in the ending of Galaxy 1, Rosalina explained that the cycle of the cosmos "repeats itself, but never in quite the same way". Considering how some NPCs seem mysteriously separated from the rest of their race in both games, and how some galaxies have similar aesthetics to one another, it's implied that some of these galaxies were once closer or maybe part of a larger galaxy, but the planets and inhabitants got scattered in another cosmic reboot in the past. In Galaxy 2, there are much more instances of characters being in places they seem out of place because of the ending of the first game having already been exposed to players so they could take the concept a little further.

Aside from that, Galaxy did connect itself to other whole Mario games in a lot of ways (including Sunshine). So it definitely still had that feeling of "everything is connected". I think it's much better than Sunshine in that regard, since there is no real meaning to it Sunshine. You just so happen to see Rico Harbour in the distance while playing in another level, there's no special meaning or context to that. If anything, that just further emphasises how small Isle Delfino is to me, and also reminds me how similar every level looks in the game.

I liked that aspect in Mario Kart 8 but in Mario Kart 8, the hints were a lot more subtle so they were more fun to find, and the courses were so varied in the game. There were times in Sunshine where it took me a moment to realise that thing in the distance was another level though, and not the level I am currently playing.

TBH Sunshine would have made much more sense as a fully open world game considering how it's just on an island (or at least have things split into areas you can explore pretty freely like a Zelda game).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:27 07/11/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#230 Posted: 23:24:37 07/11/2015
I feel that the 3Ds remakes should have also gotten console remakes as well.

But ah, well. They were good enough.
#231 Posted: 00:36:16 08/11/2015
^ A student from the AIE made that. I'm going to the same school next year. xD
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#232 Posted: 00:46:34 08/11/2015
That is so exciting! I am very happy for you!
#233 Posted: 00:52:50 08/11/2015
Thank you!
---
#234 Posted: 13:37:05 08/11/2015
Not sure how unpopular this is, but I think Sonic and the Secret Rings is significantly worse than the Black Knight, not the other way around. I didn't think Black Knight was good by any means, but I also didn't think it was bad by any means. Whereas Secret Rings is one of the worst games I have ever played.

I HATED Black Ops II's zombie mode. Zombie mode I think is something that works best when it's just a fast paced survival mode. I don't think all the new additions that Black Ops II's zombies added made it better, I honestly think it made them worse. At times, the game got way too overwhelming for me because I had to worry about all kind of new objectives on top of having to worry about onslaughts of zombies. And considering the design and fast paced nature of zombie mode, this just didn't sit well with me. I also hated the new characters they made for the maps, and the fact that they ruined the original cast of zombie characters by replacing their over the top and absurd dialogue with really serious and grim dialogue.
---
Cool cool.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5228
#235 Posted: 19:41:04 09/11/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
I think it's really stupid to choose Chloe over THE ENTIRE ****ING CITY FULL OF INNOCENT PEOPLE in Life is Strange.

HONESTLY. Dumb choice, as much as
I didn't want Chloe to die.
#236 Posted: 01:41:36 15/11/2015
I think the entire Mega Man franchise should get rebooted. Probably should happen if Nintendo gets the IP. :\

Doesn't help that a lot of the games are on very old platforms, so it's kind of hard for younger people, even people my age, to get into it since it means going back to the SNES to understand what's going on. I struggled to get into the franchise because they started before I was even born. I just feel that this is the better way to go for new fans, even people around my age, to fully get into it. The only issue is that it will mess up the comic series.

EDIT: I feel like I'm the only one who thinks that TWW didn't need the remake. TP needed it, but TWW still looks fine to me. The cell-shaded graphics has made it so the game hasn't become outdated so quickly.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 08:08:22 15/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7134
#237 Posted: 05:25:43 15/11/2015

I agree with this.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
#238 Posted: 08:13:01 15/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks that TWW didn't need the remake. TP needed it, but TWW still looks fine to me. The cell-shaded graphics has made it so the game hasn't become outdated so quickly.

TWW HD isn't a full-fledged remake, it's an HD remaster. (An example of a full-fledged remake would be OoT 3D or MM 3D)
With TWW HD it wasn't really just a matter of improving the visuals, but also making gameplay improvements/changes as well.
(Not only that, but TWW isn't playable on current-gen consoles otherwise)

TP HD is mostly the same in that sense since they're aren't just improving the visuals, but also making improvements/changes to the gameplay as well.
(Without completely re-building the entire game from the ground up like OoT 3D or MM 3D)
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:19:18 15/11/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#239 Posted: 23:32:22 17/11/2015
I don't really like the Monster Hunter games.
---
Cool cool.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10159
#240 Posted: 17:11:57 18/11/2015
Fallout doesn't really appeal to me and after seeing gameplay of Fallout 4, I still don't understand why it's so popular.

Not that I don't want to play as him (I will buy his DLC when it comes out), but I feel that Cloud being in Super Smash Bros. is just fan service, especially because none of the FFVII games (FFVII, Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus) have ever been on Nintendo consoles.
---
#SobbleSquad
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#241 Posted: 22:31:20 18/11/2015
ARROW KEYS OVER WASD
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 3070
#242 Posted: 17:56:12 19/11/2015
I feel that Ocarina of Time is overrated. It's a good game but not as good as everyone says it is. Many people like because of nostalgia. I hate suffering from a guy who never shuts up. I hate navi for more reasons from just being annoying. I hate how confusing the story gets sometimes. Still a good game. My favorite Zelda game is Wind Waker. Great game.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:33 19/11/2015 by skylandersspyro
#243 Posted: 17:57:49 19/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersspyro
I feel that Ocarina of Time is overrated. It's a good game but not as good as everyone says it is.

That's sorta more of a neutral opinion now, as it's neither popular nor unpopular.
---
ThroneOfMalefor Emerald Sparx Gems: 4076
#244 Posted: 18:07:40 19/11/2015
Quote: DummyZ
ARROW KEYS OVER WASD

T R I G G E R E D
---
i'm happy, you not
it's just perspective
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5722
#245 Posted: 05:45:28 29/11/2015
Max Payne 3 is one of my all time favorite games and it bugs me how a lot of people ignored it or treated it like some sort of beta for GTA V.
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4543
#246 Posted: 05:57:39 29/11/2015
The best part of any of the SoulCalibur games is the story mode from SoulCalibur 3 where you play as characters you make. I just feel more engaged in the story rather than fight this ***** then win to fight this other ***** with either an implied story or a wall of text based one throughout.

~~~

Voice acting ruined the Lego games. They were funnier before with all the grunts, groans, and charades to imply a script.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:59:17 29/11/2015 by Seiki
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6714
#247 Posted: 12:26:04 29/11/2015
Oh yeah,Chronicle of the Sword was awesome; though I'll be the first to say that subgame tried too hard to be an RTS and some of the battle effects are just bull; it could've lived with less levels and more cool strategies to outrun the opponent.

I also wish the initial SC story ended at 3. Everything seemed to be at such a nice ending or at least implied end, so that future games could build on the characters' acomplishments and not the characters themselves,but NOPE GOTTA KILL SOPHITIA, GOTTA GET LIZARDMAN'S MEMORIES BACK FOR SOME REASON, GOTTA SHOVE IN THESE SETSUKA AND CASSANDRA CLONES.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:26:48 29/11/2015 by Bifrost
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#248 Posted: 23:24:38 29/11/2015
Starforce and Battle Network are underrated to death.
---
My life is complete.
#249 Posted: 11:48:59 30/11/2015
Jet Set Radio Future soundtrack > original Jet Set Radio soundtrack
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:49:17 30/11/2015 by Drawdler
#250 Posted: 22:38:46 30/11/2015
Quote: MagicFizz
Starforce and Battle Network are underrated to death.

this.

also Starforce series>>Megaman X series>>>every other Megaman franchise
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:41 30/11/2015 by pankakesparx456
First | Previous | Page 5 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me