Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 46 of 47 | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
ShylaShadow Blue Sparx Gems: 691
#2251 Posted: 00:10:13 19/07/2019
I hate dotd.
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by LoS fans...cry in a corner

official dotd hate blog
willspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4890
#2252 Posted: 00:19:04 19/07/2019
I hate dotd
ShylaShadow Blue Sparx Gems: 691
#2253 Posted: 00:28:20 19/07/2019
Quote: ShylaShadow
I hate dotd.

Quote: willspyro
I hate dotd

[User Posted Image]
- - -
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by LoS fans...cry in a corner

official dotd hate blog
willspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4890
#2254 Posted: 00:33:12 19/07/2019
playing chess not checkers
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1381
#2255 Posted: 15:56:57 27/07/2019
I was wrong about Three Houses and I am a big fool
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5995
#2256 Posted: 16:10:45 27/07/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Vespi

Oh, is it actually fun, or?

The only thing I've heard so far is that the M/M romance choices are poor, which is unfortunate. ;; (Though this doesn't effect gameplay or anything of that nature in the slightest, obviously)
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:58:05 27/07/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2257 Posted: 23:53:42 27/07/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Vespi

Oh, is it actually fun, or?

The only thing I've heard so far is that the M/M romance choices are poor, which is unfortunate. ;; (Though this doesn't effect gameplay or anything of that nature in the slightest, obviously)

I'm actually really enjoying it! Characterization is very strong, music is excellent, and gameplay is really fun! I really like that in-between moments each month that make it feel more like a Persona game. The only thing that bugs me is that a lot of the maps are "rout the enemy" without a ton of variation, but some of the gameplay mechanics and the killer story make up for that.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2258 Posted: 02:18:03 01/08/2019
Fighting Hero in Smash Ultimate makes me want to commit Switch unplug.

I have zero issue with his inclusion in the game, in fact I welcome it since Dragon Quest is such an important game series, but dear lord his moves have far too much range and power.
And we thought people were being carried by Joker, cant wait to see people actually main Hero >.>;
---
(◕︿◕✿)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6354
#2259 Posted: 12:33:55 01/08/2019
Hero's main issue is that while he's a lot of fun for casual play, he's absolutely broken for competitive play. The fact he's based on RNG means you may as well play with items on.

I don't really care about competitive Smash anymore but unless they rebalance him, he shouldn't be allowed in tournaments. I know people tend to say that about a lot of new characters (and there is a definite trend of Smash Ultimate giving certain characters very polarising traits that can make them very toxic to fight against), but with Hero it's not even that he's OP necessarily, he's just highly luck based, both for the player and the opponent. And even without the RNG stuff he's still very solid anyway.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6742
#2260 Posted: 13:51:49 01/08/2019
Counterpoint: Faust from Guilty Gear and Paprika from Them's Fightin' Herds. The main problem is that an entire chunk of Hero's moveset is RNG rather than just projectiles that might whiff even if they're a good pull, I guess. It would be better if there was a hazards-off version of Hero that only has the basic spells and not the 1HKOs.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
#2261 Posted: 14:12:24 01/08/2019
Quote: Bifrost
Counterpoint: Faust from Guilty Gear and Paprika from Them's Fightin' Herds. The main problem is that an entire chunk of Hero's moveset is RNG rather than just projectiles that might whiff even if they're a good pull, I guess. It would be better if there was a hazards-off version of Hero that only has the basic spells and not the 1HKOs.

A little bit of RNG is fine, especially if the characters is otherwise well-balanced (or just not great, like Mr. Game & Watch), but it's clear that RNG is supposed to be like a central mechanic for Hero due to him being the game's textbook RPG character.

And beyond that, some of the spell effects are just ridiculous. Jigglypuff's ENTIRE gimmick has always been that they can do Sleep/Rest shenanigans, yet Hero can do the same thing except way stronger and somehow more consistent despite the RNG element? On top of everything else he has?

It was kind of starting to become obvious with Joker and even Smash Wii U Bayonetta, but I feel like a problem with Smash right now is that they are giving all of these new characters a ridiculous amount of tools borrowed from other characters, powercreeping those tools, and not refreshing older characters to give them something that still makes them feel on par. And that's if they aren't straight up breaking the rules of Smash. It straight up makes old characters feel like prototypes for specific mechanics.

At the very least, I think Hero needs to have a Kingdom Hearts-esque "MP Charge" phase - he doesn't recover MP until it fully runs out, and has to wait a fixed amount of time for it to charge fully until he can use a spell again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:27 01/08/2019 by sonicbrawler182
#2262 Posted: 16:16:15 01/08/2019
I think Sakurai does get too enamored with DLC characters sometimes, Ryu isn't as egregious but his mechanics are pretty powerful in the right hands. The dev team gets so engrossed in making the character BE the franchise they're from and show off a mechanic that they can no longer take out things so they fit along with the rest, because they might lose their special mechanic.
---
I do art!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3254
#2263 Posted: 02:16:08 02/08/2019
While I can definitely agree some characters might have too much tools, I think not having simple characters like Mario/Kirby/Samus would the game much less accessible, so I think it's important to have both characters full of stuff to do (but hard to master) and characters that are simple and understandable. And both have a place in the meta game, definitely. Nobody has not enough or too much.

The concept of Hero is definitely a hard one to balance in the tournament scene, but I believe the development team has the experience and knowledge to balance him in patches, if he becomes a little too good. I definitely think they can pull Command Selection off as a viable and fair move, it all depends on how they balance the RNG and it's potential/usefulness.
---
Funny Spooky
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:18:09 02/08/2019 by Crash10
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8717
#2264 Posted: 11:55:47 02/08/2019
Have their even been fighter patches released since the last DLC dropped? Looking at the changes made in the Joker and Hero updates, it seems like the approach they're using this time around is to only buff characters and avoid nerfs (for the most part). Then again, I barely follow the competitive Smash scene. I only take notice when say, someone like M2K dips his toe into the Mario Maker community. XD
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#2265 Posted: 03:53:48 04/08/2019
Quote: HIR
Have their even been fighter patches released since the last DLC dropped? Looking at the changes made in the Joker and Hero updates, it seems like the approach they're using this time around is to only buff characters and avoid nerfs (for the most part). Then again, I barely follow the competitive Smash scene. I only take notice when say, someone like M2K dips his toe into the Mario Maker community. smilie

Nerfs have been happening but just like buffs they're less common in general because the cast was pretty tight since day one. One noticeable nerf in recent memory is that all of Pichu's self-damaging moves started to deal more damage.
---
Funny Spooky
#2266 Posted: 04:26:49 04/08/2019
Quote: Crash10
Quote: HIR
Have their even been fighter patches released since the last DLC dropped? Looking at the changes made in the Joker and Hero updates, it seems like the approach they're using this time around is to only buff characters and avoid nerfs (for the most part). Then again, I barely follow the competitive Smash scene. I only take notice when say, someone like M2K dips his toe into the Mario Maker community. smilie

Nerfs have been happening but just like buffs they're less common in general because the cast was pretty tight since day one. One noticeable nerf in recent memory is that all of Pichu's self-damaging moves started to deal more damage.

Pichu also had an increased hitbox and Ivysaur basically got gutted last patch.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2267 Posted: 14:10:09 04/08/2019
While I can definitely agree some characters might have too much tools, I think not having simple characters like Mario/Kirby/Samus would the game much less accessible, so I think it's important to have both characters full of stuff to do (but hard to master) and characters that are simple and understandable. And both have a place in the meta game, definitely. Nobody has not enough or too much.

The concept of Hero is definitely a hard one to balance in the tournament scene, but I believe the development team has the experience and knowledge to balance him in patches, if he becomes a little too good. I definitely think they can pull Command Selection off as a viable and fair move, it all depends on how they balance the RNG and it's potential/usefulness.

The problem isn't that some characters are too simple (Mario for example is just an all-rounder that's always how he is, he's not supposed to have anything stand out but has solid and varied fundamental tools), it's that the new characters get powercreeped versions of multiple older character's main gimmicks.

Smash Wii U/3DS's characters were gimmicky but, at least before DLC, these characters usually still stayed within the fundamental rules of Smash (e.g you have to knock an opponent off-stage to win, you have four specials, etc) and didn't steal the single defining mechanic of multiple older characters and powercreep them to the nth degree on top of that. They simply introduced small new mechanics that didn't drastically effect the flow of a match.

Since Bayonetta though we've been seeing a lot of these new characters bring in cheesy new mechanics that break the rules, like crit hits, being rewarded heavily for just standing there and taking damage, the ability to OHKO (as in literally disintegrate your opponent, not knocking them off-stage), a move that is actually like 30 different moves in one, etc. That's why I've found them more frustrating than past characters (and incredibly ironic that I'm seeing so many defend someone like Hero despite all of the jank, yet something like Rosalina & Luma was widely panned and you were an incel if you played them, despite the fact that character didn't break any rules and still enforced you to master basic fundamentals to net a win - especially true now that they absolutely butchered her in Ultimate yet people still claim she is busted and cheesy).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:10:45 04/08/2019 by sonicbrawler182
#2268 Posted: 16:41:16 04/08/2019
Quote: sonicbrawler182

The problem isn't that some characters are too simple (Mario for example is just an all-rounder that's always how he is, he's not supposed to have anything stand out but has solid and varied fundamental tools), it's that the new characters get powercreeped versions of multiple older character's main gimmicks.

Smash Wii U/3DS's characters were gimmicky but, at least before DLC, these characters usually still stayed within the fundamental rules of Smash (e.g you have to knock an opponent off-stage to win, you have four specials, etc) and didn't steal the single defining mechanic of multiple older characters and powercreep them to the nth degree on top of that. They simply introduced small new mechanics that didn't drastically effect the flow of a match.

Since Bayonetta though we've been seeing a lot of these new characters bring in cheesy new mechanics that break the rules, like crit hits, being rewarded heavily for just standing there and taking damage, the ability to OHKO (as in literally disintegrate your opponent, not knocking them off-stage), a move that is actually like 30 different moves in one, etc. That's why I've found them more frustrating than past characters (and incredibly ironic that I'm seeing so many defend someone like Hero despite all of the jank, yet something like Rosalina & Luma was widely panned and you were an incel if you played them, despite the fact that character didn't break any rules and still enforced you to master basic fundamentals to net a win - especially true now that they absolutely butchered her in Ultimate yet people still claim she is busted and cheesy).

But honestly I've never seen any of this as a flaw. Not only because breaking the rules is part of makes these characters so interesting for me but also because a character having a better version of another character's defining move doesn't mean the other character's useless. Hero might have a better version of Sleep but it's not about a single tool, it's the whole set of tools available, and Jigglypuff still has an entire set of its own, even though some of its moves are shared by multiple other characters (like Kirby). As I said, even if these characters have much more tools than a lot of the older ones, that's not a problem as long as they're not broken, and so far they're not. Ryu is balanced, Cloud is balanced, Bayonetta is balanced. Yes, all three of these are high-top tier, but the fact simple characters like Sonic and Pichu are also just as good shows that having much more to work with doesn't mean they're overpowered. Hero might end up broken but I think we need to take time to analyze him before knowing whether or not he's too much. Even if he is, he's just gonna get nerfed somehow.

My only problem is not that some characters are lacking tools but rather that some characters have a bit of an aged design that shows some jank modern characters don't. This is noticeable with characters like Samus and Ganondorf, and I think some revision wouldn't hurt them.
---
Funny Spooky
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:49:52 04/08/2019 by Crash10
#2269 Posted: 21:26:03 04/08/2019
Quote:
Hero might have a better version of Sleep but it's not about a single tool, it's the whole set of tools available, and Jigglypuff still has an entire set of its own, even though some of its moves are shared by multiple other characters (like Kirby).

I think you missed my point.

Jigglypuff doesn't have a lot else going for it, in terms of competitive viability or in terms of unique traits (Jigglypuff has good air game but that's about it besides the Sleep/Rest stuff). So the fact that these DLC characters like Hero are literally straight powercreeping these characters' defining mechanics, while the old characters get nothing to really compensate is a problem. It's akin to powercreep that you would expect in a mobile gacha RPG, and that's kind of out of place in a fighting game (if that's what we want to view Smash as).

What most other competitive games nowadays do is if they want to introduce these big new mechanics with new characters, they start refreshing older characters so they don't feel powercrept. They don't even wait for the next game, they just do it in an update. Smash however, seems unwilling to do this, even between games, with a lot of it's characters. Which is why, as the roster gets bigger and bigger, more and more characters start to feel more like prototypes for specific mechanics that later characters to have more powerful versions of all at once. It's a very glaring flaw in the way the roster is designed and could be easily alleviated if Sakurai wasn't so dead set on making everything in Smash his specific brainchild and allowed his team to continue making changes as necessary.
---
#2270 Posted: 01:35:33 05/08/2019
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote:
Hero might have a better version of Sleep but it's not about a single tool, it's the whole set of tools available, and Jigglypuff still has an entire set of its own, even though some of its moves are shared by multiple other characters (like Kirby).

I think you missed my point.

Jigglypuff doesn't have a lot else going for it, in terms of competitive viability or in terms of unique traits (Jigglypuff has good air game but that's about it besides the Sleep/Rest stuff). So the fact that these DLC characters like Hero are literally straight powercreeping these characters' defining mechanics, while the old characters get nothing to really compensate is a problem. It's akin to powercreep that you would expect in a mobile gacha RPG, and that's kind of out of place in a fighting game (if that's what we want to view Smash as).

What most other competitive games nowadays do is if they want to introduce these big new mechanics with new characters, they start refreshing older characters so they don't feel powercrept. They don't even wait for the next game, they just do it in an update. Smash however, seems unwilling to do this, even between games, with a lot of it's characters. Which is why, as the roster gets bigger and bigger, more and more characters start to feel more like prototypes for specific mechanics that later characters to have more powerful versions of all at once. It's a very glaring flaw in the way the roster is designed and could be easily alleviated if Sakurai wasn't so dead set on making everything in Smash his specific brainchild and allowed his team to continue making changes as necessary.

What I tried to say is that Jigglypuff for example still has things going for it because individual moves are not what makes a character, it is the whole set and Jigglypuff's whole set is undeniably unique, because no other character has the exact same combination of moves neither is made to be a clone of it. While I did say a few characters might have a little too much going on, I don't think there's any character that's too simple or limited for competitive play. I cited examples on how simple, basic characters are just as viable as the complex and full of mechanics members of the cast. If Jigglypuff isn't viable, then it's a matter of improving and polishing its current moveset, rather than retool/revise it. While I don't think character revising should be out of the table at all, I think focusing on janky characters like Samus/Ganon or characters that use timely references that have already been feeling outdated (like Mario's FLUDD) rather than characters that just need to be more powerful to compensate for their simplicity.
---
Funny Spooky
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5152
#2271 Posted: 00:20:54 06/08/2019

evidence.zip
Lunar Green Sparx Gems: 257
#2272 Posted: 00:33:01 06/08/2019
I definitely see where Sonicbrawler is getting at. As much as I love the zaniness of Hero, I do believe it would be beneficial to the game to somewhat neutralize the RNG and powercreeped gimmicks from DLC Characters like Bayo, Joker, and Hero into more Base Sm4sh-esque gimmicks.

I think it all leads to an inevitable reboot to the Smash formula: Nintendo will need to rebuild Smash from the ground up. Reduce the cast to a bare essential 20-30 characters with each one having completely new and unique movesets and gimmicks.

It's clear that the series cannot sustain itself forever by simply including more content. This game is absolutely insane with the amount of characters and stages it gives the player, but it also allows the player to see the somewhat wonky evolution of the development of Smash Bros as a series. All you need to do to see what I'm talking about is to compare the movesets for DK and King K. Rool. On the one hand, you have the most complete form of a character's history possible with a hundred little references and winks to past game appearances and a unique new mechanic that stays in line with the character's classic design, personality, and flaws. On the other hand, you have a generic ape fighter who's only real references to his game appearances lie in his vaguely DKC-esque Cargo Throw and a Dash Attack that took 4 games to actually reference something. It's kinda ridiculous that characters like Luigi, Sonic, Samus, and Ganon all have their character designs and movesets butchered simply because they've always been like that.
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5152
#2273 Posted: 17:39:17 06/08/2019
Joker doesnt carry lol
#2274 Posted: 22:03:06 15/08/2019
This is gonna be a spicy take. I like the FF12/Ivalice Moogles more than regular Final Fantasy Moogles. I got introduced to the former first and I just can't seem to like the main series ones, they just stand out too much. They're still cute, they just feel like people in costume rather than a real beast-person.

edit: new tea:

It's Skullgirls. The name of the entity that's the main threat is the Skullgirl. Just because there's a tiny bit of kerning in the logo does not mean those words are written separate, please.
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:08:32 12/09/2019 by Bifrost
#2275 Posted: 18:41:21 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Darksiders III > Darksiders >> Darksiders II

Before I explain why I feel this way, allow me to preface this with the fact that I still love Darksiders II.
That said, it has so many things that - while good on paper - are executed rather poorly.

The game was clearly trying too hard to be different from other games, while also keeping so many elements from the first that made it seem like it had no clear vision as to what it wanted to be.
The first game is most certainly inferior in some departments (Such as combat and its lead character), but it feels like it generally has a better idea of what it wants to be.

Granted the first game is basically God of War with a pinch of Devil May Cry thrown in combat-wise, mixed with Zelda-esque dungeons and other elements, and with an artstyle clearly inspired by World of Warcraft to boot.
But despite the fact that it's clearly an amalgamation of other games and thus not necessarily unique, the way that it blends those elements together feels more refined and well put together than the meshing of elements attempted by the second game.

The second game basically tried way too hard to be different, while also ironically staying too similar to the first game.
Thus I feel like the game - while it's better than the first in some areas (Once again, combat) - has less of an idea of what it really wants to be, and as a result regrettably gave both itself and the series as a whole an identity crisis of sorts.

The third game is definitely not without its flaws, but its combat and numerous other elements generally make up for it. For example, its combat (While it can still get somewhat repetitive) has more depth than the other two.
In all honesty, Darksiders III basically feels like a better and more refined version of the first game, while also adding some elements from the second that have been simplified in a way that compliments the gameplay better.
(Rather than distracting and subtracting from it like said elements did when they were initially introduced in Darksiders II)

Darksiders III obviously adds its own flair into aforementioned mixture, but it feels better put together more like the first game than when compared to the second.
It's still no Devil May Cry 5 or God of War 2018, but it's still a surprisingly good game for what it is.

Don't really know why people complain about it not being like the second game either, since it being more like the first while still different (Just not as much as Darksiders II) feels like more of a return to form for the series to me personally.

Tl;dr: I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about the notion of "too much of a good thing" for the longest time, but Darksiders II proved that such a thing most certainly does exist.
That all said, however, I'd still recommend to others to at least try the game at some point. (Just not necessarily above the other two)

Also, I'm aware that I'm probably one of the few people here that actually even knows that this niche ass series exists. lol (So I'm probably preaching to an empty auditorium, but shhh...)
---

#YangGang
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 19:11:50 18/09/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2276 Posted: 20:13:45 18/09/2019
Haven't played 3 but I do share that feeling from 2. 2 also feels WAY more generic which is weird in contrast with all the new worlds it tries to show off.
---
I do art!
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5185
#2277 Posted: 12:40:55 22/09/2019
The world of Skylanders is much more interesting than Classic Spyro's. Classic's levels are great, but can suffer from redundancy at times, due to levels having similar aesthetics or even ideas. Skylanders can also have that issue, but its much less prominent.

The good thing is that with TfB likely making Spyro games now, we can potentially have the level diversity and creativity that the Skylanders games had.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
ThunderEgg Blue Sparx Gems: 736
#2278 Posted: 17:08:54 22/09/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
The world of Skylanders is much more interesting than Classic Spyro's. Classic's levels are great, but can suffer from redundancy at times, due to levels having similar aesthetics or even ideas. Skylanders can also have that issue, but its much less prominent.

The good thing is that with TfB likely making Spyro games now, we can potentially have the level diversity and creativity that the Skylanders games had.

I think you have a good point.

I'd argue that although Skylanders had some good concepts, it was kind of boring to play. My memories of the franchise are not bad at all, but are tainted by how bored I ended up getting with gameplay. So while I'd absolutely love to see more level diversity, I also want a game that I find engaging to play.
---
I AM ETERNAL!
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5353
#2279 Posted: 13:30:15 23/09/2019
It also doesn't help, at least from my perspective, that everyone had to replay the same levels over and over in order to grind treasure and exp for new skylanders whenever you got them. This made the levels feel REALLY redundant because you're literally playing the same levels over and over, but you still want to get your new guys upgraded and leveled up, so you're kinda stuck.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#2280 Posted: 19:41:20 23/09/2019
im moving this over to this topic because its banned in the other but **** the pokemon company and like everything theyve done since 2016
talk about driving a brand into the ground, jeez...
---
(◕︿◕✿)
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4648
#2281 Posted: 20:02:28 23/09/2019

Yeah you are right. One point I like about AHT are the interactions and dialouges between the characters.
They aren't super cheesy video game dialouges and have a lot of character. Even that Spyro interact with most of the NPC is so much better.
Skylanders has better story telling and lore than the original 3 Spyro games and I'm sure that TfB can write a Spyro story very well like their Skylanders.
But I hope the writing is more like Spyro's Adventure, Giants and Trap Team and not like Imaginators.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 5784
#2282 Posted: 03:49:18 24/09/2019

Eeeeh, dunno if I agree with that chief. Different genres, hell, even different decades. Spyro 1-3 were on CD (and could barely fit the music), not Blu-ray like Skylanders were, so of course they'd be bigger (and maybe have more themes). I don't really think you really compare them. I've also seen criticism of Skylanders' levels being very samey.

I'd love for Spyro's lore (TM) to be expanded upon with talking back to NPC's, but at the same time, I don't wanna skip through 30+ seconds of dialogue from every NPC after the first playthrough.
---
"If Jesus showed up now, he'd be in jail by next week"
Motörhead - Brave New World - Hammered (2002)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:12:38 24/09/2019 by JCW555
#2283 Posted: 12:41:24 24/09/2019
Well, with the new Dragon Elders, possibilities are endless. It's not just the disc sizes though, background story in videogames wasn't THAT valued as it is now. If you had setting, villains, people to save and motives, you were good to go really. Now we want to know why there's that dragon with the creepy doll, why the one in Tree Tops is holding a fruit at all times,etc etc etc. and there'll be actual attachment value if TFB answers these questions because now the characters look cool as well.
---
I do art!
ThunderEgg Blue Sparx Gems: 736
#2284 Posted: 18:01:28 24/09/2019
Quote: Bifrost
Well, with the new Dragon Elders, possibilities are endless.

I've been getting into tabletop RPGs, so I think it'd be cool to see a Spyro one. I know that's not exactly what your point was, but it made me think of a what true Spyro RPG would be like.
---
I AM ETERNAL!
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7076
#2285 Posted: 01:55:27 26/09/2019
Uncharted=Uncharted 2<3<4

I think at this point it's fair to say the first Uncharted is generally considered the "worst" of the quadrilogy, even for as good as it is, but while I really enjoyed all the games, I don't quite get why 2 in particular tends to get the most praise out of all the games and is generally considered the best entry. I absolutely loved it, don't get me wrong, but I personally felt that 3 vastly improved on some of the smaller issues and nuances that were in 2, and had a more interesting story and villains to boot. I can't say what gameplay issues I had a problem with exactly because it has been a while since I played the whole series through, but I found and remember myself struggling with the gameplay in the first two games in ways that I didn't really have with the third one, and certainly not the fourth one. Uncharted 4 I think is the undisputed best in the series personally, as the rehaul to its gameplay was much needed and the game plays like a dream. And I personally think 4 had the best story in the whole series too, it has a lot more depth and maturity to it that I believe made 4 the perfect sendoff for the series. Not that I didn't enjoy the other games and the more lighthearted adventure they had, I just love and appreciate the direction they took with 4 more compared to the other games.

tl;dr- Uncharted 2 is great but is about as good as 1. 3 is really underappreciated compared to the second game and is only second to 4 to being the best entry.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:58:53 26/09/2019 by pankakesparx456
#2286 Posted: 06:26:32 26/09/2019
I feel like I'm one of the only people on the planet that really doesn't care about The Last of Us 2. In fact, I'm really sick of hearing about it.
The first one was really good, sure, but I'd much prefer the open-ish ending of the last one than whatever is going to happen in the sequel. It feels... less intimate I guess.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2287 Posted: 06:49:49 27/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Probably not necessarily an unpopular opinion outright, but I legitimately don't care that The Last of Us Part II doesn't have multiplayer.

I only just found out about this as of making this post, and I'm already really annoyed at the people complaining and acting like it's "ruined the game" or some bull**** like that. :/
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:52:47 27/09/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2288 Posted: 19:40:08 11/10/2019
Alright here's something I REALLY didn't want to write but I don't like sugarcoating just because I like X team

Astral Chain has the single worst plot out of any Platinum Games title, it's like they got the worst pacing issues out of ALL their games and doubled down on it with none of the things that backed them up before

Gameplay is good but holy **** I just wished I was watching another person playing Bayonetta(for the umpteenth time)

also every enemy in the game is named after a celestial body but the final boss is named Noah and my disappointment is inmesurable
---
I do art!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:27:57 12/10/2019 by Bifrost
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5690
#2289 Posted: 00:45:05 13/10/2019
Uh, i'm not sure if it's unpopular, but I don't really like Rise Kujikawa??? at first she kinda seemed interesting and I was excited to learn more about her but then...
Also I heavily dislike Yosuke
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#2290 Posted: 23:03:00 23/10/2019
Indivisible made a mistake of marketing itself like an RPG or a metroidvania, if they said they were Mario and Luigi with a larger cast we'd see the game at the top of Steam all week
---
I do art!
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5197
#2291 Posted: 01:59:32 31/10/2019
As I know tons of people only care about endgame in mmos, my favorite way might be quite controversial, I play for the journey not the destination, love to explore a world and discover all the secrets/lore hidden around and building my character in my own unique way instead of following samey builds.
---
Spyro fanfic writer starved of new material in the franchise to use so my story take absurdly long to write....sorry
#2292 Posted: 06:36:09 31/10/2019
Quote: fyra
As I know tons of people only care about endgame in mmos, my favorite way might be quite controversial, I play for the journey not the destination, love to explore a world and discover all the secrets/lore hidden around and building my character in my own unique way instead of following samey builds.

I'm the same way. I don't play a lot of traditional MMOs per se, (mostly Star Trek Online tbh) and everyone is so obsessed with Ship Building and raids. I just wanna cruise around in my KT Conn and play new story missions as they come out or play user-made missions, most of which are actually really inventive and fun.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2293 Posted: 04:08:15 04/11/2019
Double post but it's literally been a week so sue me or whatever.

- - -

Going back and playing some of the older Pokemon games really makes me realize I really haven't truly enjoyed a Pokemon game since BW2. In the past few months, I've replayed Diamond, White, Y, Alpha Sapphire, and gone back to Ultra Moon a bit, and while Diamond and White still hold up to me, I don't think I've liked the story, gameplay, overall design, or gimmicks since BW2. The sole exceptions being Mega Evolution and the new Pokemon in SuMo.

I guess I just never really realized how little fun I've been having with these for years. I think it's just "oh yeah Pokemon, everyone has Pokemon" that keeps me buying it every year. Unless the future games make a LOT of improvements, I think I'm gonna stay away from the series indefinitely. It's kinda sad tho, I used to like the series so much, but I'm only really now realizing how much I haven't been enjoying it over the years.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2294 Posted: 13:49:54 04/11/2019
I think that's valid. You can enjoy pokémon and not enjoy the games; or stick to the ones you like. It's not the only franchise in the world and you can put more love in the ones you just can't stop playing.
---
I do art!
#2295 Posted: 08:55:06 09/11/2019 | Topic Creator
This might not necessarily be an unpopular opinion in of itself, but I found the PS4 remake of MediEvil to be overall more enjoyable than the original.
It isn't perfect by any means, as it still has issues such as the occasional wonky physics and the frame rate. (The latter issue of which I didn't personally experience in a way that was really noticeable to me, but I was in all fairness playing on a PS4 Pro)

But otherwise I genuinely believe that it is better in almost every other way, and that's coming from someone who grew up with the original. (And still loves it to this day, even after playing the remake)
The people who claimed that the game didn't change much from the original are outright delusional, if I'm to be completely honest. (i.e Jim Sterling, as much as I admire him otherwise)

I immediately went back to play the original again after finishing the remake and I can assure you that, while the changes that they did make are small in of themselves, they make a big difference to the overall experience.
(Not to mention that it almost seems like people expected either a reimagining type of remake or an entirely new game, when the latter is unreasonable for such a niche series that has only just come back and the former didn't work out very well the last time)

Swinging your sword isn't nearly as awkward, enemies don't bounce off of your hits too much which makes your hits feel way more satisfying and real, bosses such as the final one are generally more fun and have more structure to them, as examples.
Hell, they even made the game harder in some spots by making some enemies more hostile and/or faster, improving enemy AI in certain areas, and outright going as far as to change the spawn points of certain enemy mobs to challenge you more.

Some things are admittedly easier, but usually in a way that can be appreciated.
And even then they appear to have balanced out what is easier and what is harder than the original when compared to how other remakes such as N. Sane and Reignited have approached it. (As much as I still love those two as well, don't get me wrong)

The Book of Gallowmere is also a nice addition, and the reward for collecting all of the new collectables is also really good and I'm so happy that they included it. <3
Keeping the original voices was also a nice touch, as I honestly feel that most of them are too iconic to really replace in any meaningful manner. (Sad to hear that Zarok's voice actor died earlier this year, that said smilie )

All I want now is a remake of MediEvil II (Hopefully with better voice acting because god if there was one thing they messed up on compared to the first game, it was that), and hopefully a proper MediEvil III one day.

Also, this one is likely to be way more of an unpopular opinion; the MediEvil remake is also one of my favorite games released this year.
---

#YangGang
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:05:07 09/11/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2296 Posted: 15:01:29 09/11/2019
I noticed some people who are not interested in video games reduce it to exploring, fighting monsters and doing the same thing all the time and it sadden as for me that’s a nonsense, it might not be unpopular but I wish there was a way to show them how amazing games are.
---
Spyro fanfic writer starved of new material in the franchise to use so my story take absurdly long to write....sorry
#2297 Posted: 21:15:32 20/11/2019
Hau > Hop
---
I do art!
#2298 Posted: 21:53:01 28/11/2019 | Topic Creator
I legitimately still like Devil May Cry 2, even to this day. I fully admit that the game's combat is severely lacking, and that the game can be rather slow with its pacing. (If not outright boring at times, in all honesty)

That said, even after admitting that, I still find the game to be weirdly enjoyable to an extent. I think my main draw to it is the music and the atmosphere, and what little story elements are present I find interesting and would love to see expanded upon.

However, I still really want a reimagining of the game that brings it more into line with the other games in terms of gameplay, in addition to greatly expanding upon the game's various story elements such as who Bolverk and Argosax are.
(I'd also love to see them keep the original game's design for Dante, but retcon his personality to make it more like an in-between of how he was in the first game vs. how he was in DMC4, since I feel that'd be great for his overall growth in the series)

Hell, I'm not only surprised that Capcom continues to keep it as canon, but even went out of their way as of recently to further solidify its placement by connecting things from it with things from other games.
(Such as Agnus from DMC4 having once worked for Arius' company, and Argosax having waged war against Mundus causing the Demon World to be split into two sides between the two of them)

If they're going to go that far to keep it as canon, wouldn't it be a good idea to reimagine it so as to keep its base story elements intact to some extent, while also fixing the game's fundamental problems to make more people actually like it?

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to them remaking the first three games as a whole. Keep the first game and DMC3 about the same outside of a few things such as modernization and additional difficulty/gameplay modes, while completely redoing DMC2.
(Something akin to the Resident Evil 2 remake would be nice, I feel)
---

#YangGang
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:29:58 28/11/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2876
#2299 Posted: 01:06:58 29/11/2019
I don't understand music theory but I don't get the love for Shimomura's music. Bar a few songs it always felt like it was trying to be more epic than it is for me. Then there's the SMRPG soundtrack, which I do enjoy- except that a lot of it is made with frustratingly short loops, so gets repetitive.

Also I only just noticed this topic isn't a sticky which is bizarre to me.
---
Quote: dark52
Error: You
#2300 Posted: 01:31:17 29/11/2019
I might not be the only one thinking that but I am tired of devs announcing a huge high quality game that look really cool then it’s yet another autoplay mess full of pay2win, the reason I call it unpopular is how popular these seem to be.

Let more mobile mmos be cross platform well made fully manual titles like Adventure Quest 3D, effort need to be done because those for the legacies of mmos feel just embarrassing.

I love the idea of mmos you can bring with you but so far it’s yet to happen.

It also mean that I don’t like cool trailers turning into yet another gacha as the disappointment is huge especially if it’s an IP you love.
---
First | Previous | Page 46 of 47 | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me