Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 45 of 46 | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1286
#2201 Posted: 02:21:31 16/05/2019
Big thoughts dump of mostly FE unpopular opinions but here we go
- - -

I really haven't cared about recent Fire Emblem games, and I think that's because they handed the franchise over to the Echoes director, and I thought the gameplay in Echoes was god awful. The map design was the worst I've ever seen, minibosses like Nuibaba were far too difficult, and Gaiden is arguably the worst possible game for future games to emulate.
I also just want amiibo support, but beyond "scan and get 1 low level useless item per day" like Warriors, I want something similar to Fates, but I'd also settle for what we had in Echoes.
- - -

Binding Blade doesn't need a remake. It (and Mother 3) just need translations, since the GBA format of each still work well and aren't too dated. The FE game that needs a straight up remake akin to Echoes is Genealogy of the Holy War, but bundled with Thracia 776 since they're so intertwined. GotHW has not held up very well, and could use a top down makeover and better map design, while Binding Blade is pretty much fine as is.
- - -

I don't mind P5S being a "Persona Warriors" game, but that's probably just my bias, seeing as I like a lot of the Warriors spinoffs. I also think it was needed in a way, with what seems like the death of the Q subseries, we needed a spinoff that wasn't another fighting or dancing game. Since it has such a unique story, if we're lucky, we might get some of the P3 and P4 characters as well. I'm betting on at least Aigis and Labrys as a lock.
- - -

The updates don't absolve EA of any Crimes Against Gamers, but Star Wars Battlefront II is a legitimately good game in its current state.
- -

A ranked competitive mode is the very last thing Mario Maker 2 needed and sets a really dangerous precedent for future Mario games.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:55:37 16/05/2019 by Vespi
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5064
#2202 Posted: 16:25:05 19/05/2019
Quote: Vespi
A ranked competitive mode is the very last thing Mario Maker 2 needed and sets a really dangerous precedent for future Mario games.

i dont really agree with that statement to be honest. a ranked mode in mario maker will make the games lifespan last even longer and give it a more competitive feel than the leaderboard for time completed. humans are naturally competitive so having a mode where we can prove we are better than others gives a new level of excitement to the game. this is a huge step up from the leadership board of the past game where you can cheat the system by putting in secrets only the creator knows. i cant see how this mode will affect future mario games at all.
#2203 Posted: 04:59:16 20/05/2019
Quote: somePerson

i dont really agree with that statement to be honest. a ranked mode in mario maker will make the games lifespan last even longer and give it a more competitive feel than the leaderboard for time completed. humans are naturally competitive so having a mode where we can prove we are better than others gives a new level of excitement to the game. this is a huge step up from the leadership board of the past game where you can cheat the system by putting in secrets only the creator knows. i cant see how this mode will affect future mario games at all.

It's just me being pessimistic, I suppose. The last thing I want in future Mario games is ranked online, since I really don't want to see Mario become some sort of eSport, speedruns aside. The precedent that I'm worried about Nintendo setting with the series is a hypothetical online only competitive Mario game or something along those lines. It's admittedly unlikely to happen, but single player is already struggling as is, we don't need copanies stoking the fire by making traditionally single player games multiplayer only, i.e. like what happened with Black Ops 4.

Once again, it's highly unlikely, but there's a time and place for multiplayer in games. Multiplayer isn't necessarily needed to make a good game.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8647
#2204 Posted: 12:30:58 20/05/2019
I'm honestly more bummed that they axed the 100-Mario Challenge, tbh.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#2205 Posted: 03:48:00 13/06/2019
not being able to transfer pokemon to the new games doesnt really affect me. i dont i have ever transferred my past teams into the newest game to use. usually they are trapped in the box forever which is what home is. competitively this is great for the game as the past few years of vgc have been the same 6 pokemon.
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4482
#2206 Posted: 04:43:36 13/06/2019
Quote: somePerson
not being able to transfer pokemon to the new games doesnt really affect me. i dont i have ever transferred my past teams into the newest game to use. usually they are trapped in the box forever which is what home is. competitively this is great for the game as the past few years of vgc have been the same 6 pokemon.

I doubt that'll really change as those same 6 Pokemon (or at least most of the repeated 'mon's for vgc) are probably popular enough to make the cut and get in.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6650
#2207 Posted: 11:51:59 13/06/2019
In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone but Garchomp and Landorus-T is already in the game.

And honestly "it doesn't affect me" is exactly what GF wants to hear so they can keep on doing nothing about it. Every pokémon is someone's favorite.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
#2208 Posted: 17:36:03 13/06/2019
All of the "Hollow Knight is the BEST GAME EVER it needs to be in Smash NOW, it needs a sequel NOW, its infinitely better than every Zelda game COMBINED and it is a Switch system seller ON ITS OWN" or whatever makes me want to play Hollow Knight less and less every time I hear it.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2209 Posted: 18:34:10 13/06/2019
All of the "Hollow Knight is the BEST GAME EVER it needs to be in Smash NOW, it needs a sequel NOW, its infinitely better than every Zelda game COMBINED and it is a Switch system seller ON ITS OWN" or whatever makes me want to play Hollow Knight less and less every time I hear it.

Oof. Hollow Knight is amazing but it's not the new Undertale. It's not reinventing the wheel, just a fun package that works well if you like its mechanics. Trying to shove The Knight into Smash would really be a bad idea too, wait until there's multiple games like Shovel Knight before considering it.
---
I do art!
#2210 Posted: 19:22:50 13/06/2019
Quote: Bifrost

Oof. Hollow Knight is amazing but it's not the new Undertale. It's not reinventing the wheel, just a fun package that works well if you like its mechanics. Trying to shove The Knight into Smash would really be a bad idea too, wait until there's multiple games like Shovel Knight before considering it.

undertale wasnt that special of a game either. all these indie games are flavor of the month games are fun but the bandwagoning for them is quite unbearable. personally i think a game that did reinvent the wheel is fortnite. sure its not the first battle royale but this game became an instant hit right after release. every kid knows what fortnite is and many adults do too. whenever i walk around work (amusment park chain) i can always see something fortnite related rather its people talking about it, merch, or people dancing. this game is what league was to dorks but for society instead. mainstream culture is referencing this silly game and people love to talk about it with the number of registered users always reaching higher peaks. fortnite for smash.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:17 13/06/2019 by somePerson
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2882
#2211 Posted: 19:25:28 13/06/2019
So when Bethesda revealed Nuclear Winter (aka Fallout Battle Royale), I wasn’t too happy. I expected the lag to be insane and bugs everywhere. I decided to try the free week they’re doing for it, and I must say it’s actually not that bad. For a battle royale it’s pretty enjoyable.
---
sometimes that japanese future funk be hittin tho...
#2212 Posted: 19:39:25 13/06/2019
Fortnite didn't reinvent the wheel either - it's just good enough to market and sell, what gives it an advantage is the style and ease of play. It didn't make the genre, PUBG was the first to put it on the map anyway, and it definately didn't popularize microtransactions or seasons.

I say Undertale for really popularizing nonviolent combat gameplay. SMT and others did it before, yeah, but now it's on everyone's mind that you can make a game where you can use guile rather than force to end a fight - and it doesn't have to be a VN or something with no combat. Alternatively, there's also Shovel Knight, which didn't do anything crazy with its gameplay, but put in everyone's minds that you can expect better than AAA gameplay from an indie product rather than one Braid or one Cave Story out of millions.
---
I do art!
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3323
#2213 Posted: 20:41:47 14/06/2019
i hate grookey. SO MUCH. has to be my least favorite starter of all time
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5900
#2214 Posted: 21:22:15 14/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: HotDogAndZap

imagine hating a digital cartoon animal, smh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:42 14/06/2019 by Sesshomaru75
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2646
#2215 Posted: 21:31:51 14/06/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: HotDogAndZap

imagine hating a digital cartoon animal, smh

At least the digital cartoon animal is in the game
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#2216 Posted: 21:36:31 14/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: emeraldzoroark
At least the digital cartoon animal is in the game

****, you got me there lmao
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3323
#2217 Posted: 22:47:57 14/06/2019
ill hate all the digital cartoon animals my heart desires

even digital cartoon humans if i set my mind to it
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7070
#2218 Posted: 09:10:04 15/06/2019
As much as I like Zelda, I feel like BOTW is put too high on a pedestal. It’s in no way a bad game but I personally feel as though its not the best Zelda game nor do I feel as though it’s “the best game ever” as someone said on twitter.

This is coming from someone who also didn’t like Majora’s Mask that much either so idk maybe I just have **** taste asdfgh
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
#2219 Posted: 15:45:55 15/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
As much as I like Zelda, I feel like BOTW is put too high on a pedestal. It’s in no way a bad game but I personally feel as though its not the best Zelda game nor do I feel as though it’s “the best game ever” as someone said on twitter.

It's ironically just as overrated (If not more so) as Ocarina of Time in many ways, yet the people who claim that BOTW is the "best game ever" tend to crap all over the former and pretend that BOTW is "perfect".
(Or anything close to it, since people give it a pass on things that they wouldn't for other, similar games)

That, and ironically OOT was more influential when it came out because it was actually very unique for its time and wasn't following a popular trend.
BOTW's great, don't get me wrong, but it isn't nearly as good as people claim it is when you start to notice its flaws peeping through the cracks and remove the glasses clouded by brand bias.

Is BOTW fun? Damn straight. Flawless? Hell no. Being fun is kind of the point of a game, sure, but you also need to have structure.
BOTW does have a structure, obviously, but it's a lot more flimsy than previous games. (Give or take a few of them, of course)

Give it a few years and I guarantee you that people will start treating BOTW like how OOT's perceived now, and people will complain about the formula being "stagnant" and wondering why it was changed in the first place.
(That, and I'm almost certain that the open world formula they're using doesn't have as much longevity as people would like to believe, unfortunately)
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 16:02:31 15/06/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Carmelita Fox Diamond Sparx Gems: 9717
#2220 Posted: 16:46:45 15/06/2019
runescape is not a good game
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2797
#2221 Posted: 22:57:56 15/06/2019
Every Skylanders game looks better than Reignited.

With SA, SG, and TT there's no competition. Those games are so richly textured and colored without ever becoming overwhelming and there are only a couple really tiny examples where they lost the style (even then, not much, I'm talking about say Dreadbeard in TT). Every single shot of these games has so much to look into and appreciate and the visuals get stronger and stronger for it.

SF has some incredibly lazy textures, but sometimes some fantastic coloring (on-par with PS1 Spyro). When they actually put effort into both (Twisty Tunnels) the game looks ****ing fantastic. Some of the palettes are just boring too though. The game is inconsistent in quality, but generally it lands the mark more than Reignited did, and has way less annoying qualities. And the STYLE is totally consistent. And it actually tries to just be quiet and nails the naturalistic feel way more. And most of all, you must admit the game never looks like a flat image, and the value work is clean as ****. You're never going to be confused about the depth of an image, what's happening or where to go, or feel overwhelmed in any sense visually. Also worth noting, the lighting is definitely most natural in this game, the others all have way blacker and more blatant shadows. It makes it more impressive how they pulled off the values too. So that's cool to see and adds to the strong sense of depth. Too bad the visuals are really lazy in certain respects, or couldn't always be that well-colored. This could have been one of the big boys tbh... if only.

SC is like a nice middle-ground between the two, doesn't really hit the same heights as either style (other than in value work and the clear depth it still has from SF), the coloring and texturing while they make strong big pictures are generally both much less layered and detailed (especially the coloring, also note there are some textures that are just BAD like that uncanny water, and too much is shiny imo, lest I mention the mechanics everywhere), so you have less to dig into, but it has a better average than SF overall. Because even when it's bad it clearly had more effort than the Fire Gate setpieces. Better shape work too, and way better character designs everywhere, but again not as good as the big boys. I still kinda like SF better personally, but admit this one looks better overall.

SI looks the worst and was obviously a stepping stone to Reignited, but it still has more interesting coloring, more consistent style, and more serious attempt at textures than Reignited. And none of the excess particles for example that plague Reignited and make it hard to look at. Naturally this game does not suffer from Reignited's overly fast, nauseating camera and also has a better framerate. I can't look at Reignited without getting sick nowadays because the more I tried to analyse, the more I realised the game is full of ****ing sensory overload, and the palettes and camera speed weren't taken into account together. I can't un-see them, and the framerate doesn't help. Unfortunately SI likewise has some muddy value work that shouldn't be there, the colors aren't what they could be, there are some inconsistencies, there are some overly obvious VFX (compared even to other moments with overly obvious VFX in the series) and like Reignited it's obvious that plenty had to be slapped together. It's pretty damn similar to Reignited in certain ways. HMMM. It still looks good, but really "good enough" for the most part. I think it's the most dull and didn't really exceed at anything, and had some real issues. There's not much to keep looking at and keep drawing from, there's not that much which is just striking, lots of meh, lots of familiarity.

Reignited is boring, the colors are really flat because even though a lot of good palettes are there they're mapped in such a dull manner (Icy Flight) or lack some piece contrast (Crystal Islands), or sometimes some VFX will drown them out (Tree Tops with bloom/intense light, dozens upon dozens of examples with color filters), and there's no breathing room, there's stuff that looks the way just because they felt like set dressing or whatever garbage and it got too crowded or lost any mood while they were fixated on that (Robotica Farms, lost the retro palette)- as I saw someone else say, it's like the artist couldn't take their pen away from the Wacom- and everything is so energised it's irritating and tiring, there's a dearth of straight-up single-color textures the lighting doesn't disguise. And artistic inconsistencies, and a bunch of bad designs on NPCs (and Sheila) where you can tell they needed so many freelancers... and then the underwater visuals I will never understand how they passed. As mentioned, the game being so saturated and bright is constant and leaves no room to appreciate when it does it right, and ruined a bunch of things. Also, hardly anything actually looks alive. It all looks fake and plasticky and inorganic, and sure it's going for a cartoony style, but you can do that while looking more alive than this. I can't pinpoint what it is, but it isn't all there, it looks too fake. I think it's the color mapping perhaps, combined with very intense lighting (which would probably be fine with better color mapping), but also just a lot of flat awful textures. And speaking of there are too many obvious VFX and needless cluttery particles. The shapes are pretty good, it doesn't matter when everything else is such a mess, tho. Also as mentioned, combined with the camera speed and FPS, the game becomes sensory overload and is literally nauseating to me to play. Yes, I hate the game.

Not to say I enjoyed absolutely nothing else, but Bentley's Outpost and the Sparx levels were the only time I felt like I was playing classic Spyro and not bad reboot, upon replays.

Reminder that Spyro's IDLE EXPRESSION is a ****ing DREAMWORKS FACE

@Bifrost, unless your stance has changed, or unless shapes are that damn important to you, I have no idea how you could have hated SF's visuals and now really like RT's. I think it's much worse, but not because of that, because their failings are mostly in the same spot, but imo way worse in Reignited lol
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
TwilightSeraph Green Sparx Gems: 188
#2222 Posted: 01:47:30 16/06/2019
Breath of the Wild wasn't that good, and I can't stand turn based battle systems like Final Fantasy or Persona. (Fire Emblem or Disgaea battle systems are fine though)
---
I was Spyrofanboy101, then LinkOfTwilight, now TwilightSeraph.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:56 16/06/2019 by TwilightSeraph
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7070
#2223 Posted: 03:59:45 16/06/2019
Cease.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
Blackholes_Wolf Diamond Sparx Gems: 8893
#2224 Posted: 15:58:44 17/06/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox

what a disgusting opinion
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2646
#2225 Posted: 20:08:48 17/06/2019

ok so i got hollow knight for “free” (thanks nintendo gold points) and played for 30+ minutes. i would actually advise you play it. it’s got a very fun and deep pogo stick mechanic where you can bounce off enemies until they die if you time it right

rest of it is pretty good too
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
Carmelita Fox Diamond Sparx Gems: 9717
#2226 Posted: 17:29:21 19/06/2019
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Quote: Carmelita Fox

what a disgusting opinion

what are u going to do about it, huh huh? aggressively chop wood at me for an hour??
#2227 Posted: 17:38:29 19/06/2019
I mean it's Grind Central and I spent a total of 30 seconds on it before writing it off, but excluding the recent stuff Jagex has done to the franchise, gotta respect the hustle with the original. It's like giving people a cushion they can always fall down on if they just need busywork to keep mind off of things. There are thousands of multiplayer grindy comfy games out there but how many survive decades without some meh changes?
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:45 19/06/2019 by Bifrost
#2228 Posted: 04:21:03 21/06/2019
Actually, ya know what, Mario Odyssey looks boring as hell visually too. Moreso than Reignited.

Long rant but if you want my opinion there that it all I gotta say in this post. Also that 3DW was way better both as a game and visually.

At least Reignited is a newer style. Odyssey is the old Mario style done in a fairly sloppy manner and the ideas it had... meh.

It got really creative with how it presented the 2D sections, I actually really liked those.

In theory the mishmash of styles is a cool idea, but it never does anything else creative with them so those things just come across as inconsistent.
(But at least there was an idea/purpose behind that, the globetrotting; it isn't just amateurish two dozen artists kind of inconsistency, but they didn't pull it off. Just assets of different types next to one another. Meh.)

****in everything looks like a game asset, nothing feels alive. Everything so obviously pasted in, most architecture doesn't blend like it should and segments of the worlds are too segregated, too many repeated setpieces, you won't remember any NPCs as individual characters other than Pauline, the character model pasting is too blatant and doesn't involve enough different models. This makes the worlds feel even more fake.

It's really hard and situational to explain what separates "smart asset pasting" from "blatant asset pasting", or some other problems I'm mentioning, but Odyssey is the latter here.

And like there's nothing that really feels like someone was there and wandering at etc. everything feels too untouched and it's just weird. I can't entirely explain it.

To its credit, the visuals are super clean in terms of values and readability, and where platform edges are, the only problem with the visibility is really some excess bloom at points (which is more of an annoyance/could be better than really upsetting). Also the graphics themselves are bad like blurry textures and aliasing and stuff, but that's a technology problem and not what I'm talking about.

And the world concepts in Odyssey are sometimes cool and sometimes bland as **** or underutilised. But besides Sand and Metro, all of them feel like they aren't dynamic enough, like they stick to one thing the whole way through, other than certain very tiny rooms. And the challenge rooms.

The challenge rooms are different, but are blatantly shaped the same as 3D World and blatantly game assets, but it doesn't fit so well here. As it is the main sections don't really feel alive, but you switch to these also so often, it's weird?
They do play and feel different so again I don't mind changing the art style a bit, and I can see what they were going for, but I don't feel it worked out. There's still no atmosphere to 80-90% of those rooms, some downright look like they ran out of ideas for different ones and threw two types of assets that don't fit together at all, and there are the blue/orange game blocks which have nothing to do with anything and just stick out like a sore thumb.
There is an idea here but it feels like they were forced to do it so they could squeeze all these rooms in, not like they really were excited to mess with this style, and regardless could have done far better. You can do that style with WAY more pizzazz and atmosphere... THREE DEE WORLD.

I know I'm not alone on this because I asked my mom and I could tell she was completely genuine in her answer. I showed her just a trailer and she asked if I like it, and I said "no, everything looks like a game asset" and she was "yeah!" And we just agreed and didn't really have to keep talking.

We both like 3D World's style way better. And props also for it being much riskier. As soon as you look at 3DW you know how the game plays, it totally stands out, and it totally OWNS that it's a video game, and just looks even cleaner and generally much stronger in color and etc (I also thought it had more variety, but really I should go replay 3DW). Again, also props for it being way riskier. It will always stand out. 3DW's art is way more unique, solid, and actually really pulls off what it's doing. Odyssey's isn't all there and it's really well below par in terms of atmosphere, interesting lighting or staging of anything, dynamic nature, asset blending, etc., and not as experimental it should be at all.

Also now that I think about it it made the game feel even smaller.
Odyssey is actually a small game really though (ironically, probably way too long for a game of its genre) but I'm trying to just stick to talking about the art so eh.

Galaxy is still the most beautiful of course imo, because although it falls into weird gameiness I don't like at points, it's the most natural and has so many genuinely beautiful moments that genuinely make me stop and look. The only Mario game to achieve that. And a lot of weird geometry makes sense as just weird space stuff so it's fine.
Galaxy 2 less so but not terribly far off.
Sunshine is just classic Mario artstyle but it looks ****ing great. It didn't need to do more and it didn't really break from it. (The gamey secret rooms are their own thing and make sense as callbacks to 64)
64 is weird but excusable for how primitive it is and sort of owns how it's just a weird sandbox to do whatever and just be weird etc. It's good for the time, and the weirdness is sort of entrancing and endearing, and fits the lassiez-faire game style.

I really feel Odyssey as a whole was rushed. They bit off more than they could chew. And this stuff with the art. At least the visuals absolutely must have been rushed imo, because they needed so many rooms for more and more filler moons, and they needed to toss more and more of the repeat assets over the game's empty space, and I think they didn't have time to polish the graphics, or go further with the art. This looks so ****ing unpolished for a Nintendo title, and look, I have a lot of issues with Nintendo but they always had a lot of polish in games of this caliber. If that's not the case then Nintendo really lost it with this game.

Regardless, among the most boring I've ever played.

Go ahead and lynch me, I know people still cream all over this game, and I'm still here sayin 6/10 one playthrough only. I can't believe that this is meant to be a flagship Nintendo title.
---
#2229 Posted: 05:03:15 21/06/2019
Quote: Drawdler
Actually, ya know what, Mario Odyssey looks boring as hell visually too. Moreso than Reignited.

Long rant but if you want my opinion there that it all I gotta say in this post. Also that 3DW was way better both as a game and visually.

At least Reignited is a newer style. Odyssey is the old Mario style done in a fairly sloppy manner and the ideas it had... meh.

It got really creative with how it presented the 2D sections, I actually really liked those.

In theory the mishmash of styles is a cool idea, but it never does anything else creative with them so those things just come across as inconsistent.
(But at least there was an idea/purpose behind that, the globetrotting; it isn't just amateurish two dozen artists kind of inconsistency, but they didn't pull it off. Just assets of different types next to one another. Meh.)

****in everything looks like a game asset, nothing feels alive. Everything so obviously pasted in, most architecture doesn't blend like it should and segments of the worlds are too segregated, too many repeated setpieces, you won't remember any NPCs as individual characters other than Pauline, the character model pasting is too blatant and doesn't involve enough different models. This makes the worlds feel even more fake.

It's really hard and situational to explain what separates "smart asset pasting" from "blatant asset pasting", or some other problems I'm mentioning, but Odyssey is the latter here.

And like there's nothing that really feels like someone was there and wandering at etc. everything feels too untouched and it's just weird. I can't entirely explain it.

To its credit, the visuals are super clean in terms of values and readability, and where platform edges are, the only problem with the visibility is really some excess bloom at points (which is more of an annoyance/could be better than really upsetting). Also the graphics themselves are bad like blurry textures and aliasing and stuff, but that's a technology problem and not what I'm talking about.

And the world concepts in Odyssey are sometimes cool and sometimes bland as **** or underutilised. But besides Sand and Metro, all of them feel like they aren't dynamic enough, like they stick to one thing the whole way through, other than certain very tiny rooms. And the challenge rooms.

The challenge rooms are different, but are blatantly shaped the same as 3D World and blatantly game assets, but it doesn't fit so well here. As it is the main sections don't really feel alive, but you switch to these also so often, it's weird?
They do play and feel different so again I don't mind changing the art style a bit, and I can see what they were going for, but I don't feel it worked out. There's still no atmosphere to 80-90% of those rooms, some downright look like they ran out of ideas for different ones and threw two types of assets that don't fit together at all, and there are the blue/orange game blocks which have nothing to do with anything and just stick out like a sore thumb.
There is an idea here but it feels like they were forced to do it so they could squeeze all these rooms in, not like they really were excited to mess with this style, and regardless could have done far better. You can do that style with WAY more pizzazz and atmosphere... THREE DEE WORLD.

I know I'm not alone on this because I asked my mom and I could tell she was completely genuine in her answer. I showed her just a trailer and she asked if I like it, and I said "no, everything looks like a game asset" and she was "yeah!" And we just agreed and didn't really have to keep talking.

We both like 3D World's style way better. And props also for it being much riskier. As soon as you look at 3DW you know how the game plays, it totally stands out, and it totally OWNS that it's a video game, and just looks even cleaner and generally much stronger in color and etc (I also thought it had more variety, but really I should go replay 3DW). Again, also props for it being way riskier. It will always stand out. 3DW's art is way more unique, solid, and actually really pulls off what it's doing. Odyssey's isn't all there and it's really well below par in terms of atmosphere, interesting lighting or staging of anything, dynamic nature, asset blending, etc., and not as experimental it should be at all.

Also now that I think about it it made the game feel even smaller.
Odyssey is actually a small game really though (ironically, probably way too long for a game of its genre) but I'm trying to just stick to talking about the art so eh.

Galaxy is still the most beautiful of course imo, because although it falls into weird gameiness I don't like at points, it's the most natural and has so many genuinely beautiful moments that genuinely make me stop and look. The only Mario game to achieve that. And a lot of weird geometry makes sense as just weird space stuff so it's fine.
Galaxy 2 less so but not terribly far off.
Sunshine is just classic Mario artstyle but it looks ****ing great. It didn't need to do more and it didn't really break from it. (The gamey secret rooms are their own thing and make sense as callbacks to 64)
64 is weird but excusable for how primitive it is and sort of owns how it's just a weird sandbox to do whatever and just be weird etc. It's good for the time, and the weirdness is sort of entrancing and endearing, and fits the lassiez-faire game style.

I really feel Odyssey as a whole was rushed. They bit off more than they could chew. And this stuff with the art. At least the visuals absolutely must have been rushed imo, because they needed so many rooms for more and more filler moons, and they needed to toss more and more of the repeat assets over the game's empty space, and I think they didn't have time to polish the graphics, or go further with the art. This looks so ****ing unpolished for a Nintendo title, and look, I have a lot of issues with Nintendo but they always had a lot of polish in games of this caliber. If that's not the case then Nintendo really lost it with this game.

Regardless, among the most boring I've ever played.

Go ahead and lynch me, I know people still cream all over this game, and I'm still here sayin 6/10 one playthrough only. I can't believe that this is meant to be a flagship Nintendo title.

do you even like any video game that was released after 1984
---
(◕︿◕✿)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 3164
#2230 Posted: 05:53:00 21/06/2019
do you even like any video game that was released after 1984

HEY Mario Galaxy is from 2007!!111!!!1!1!
---
Funny Spooky
#2231 Posted: 13:50:59 21/06/2019
Drawdler's just doing a good Fishin' Lakitu impression. Don't take the bait, you Cheep-Cheeps. :V

Don't know if this qualifies as unpopular or not, but...

I'm glad Nintendo removed the discotek rave sound effect from Mario Maker 2. That **** was brutal on the eyes/brain. I imagine it made the game a nightmare for epileptics. <.<
---
#2232 Posted: 04:12:28 24/06/2019
-Smashville is the most boring stage for competitive Smash
-Captain Falcon is a tryhard character for tryhard people
---
(◕︿◕✿)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:38:22 24/06/2019 by Vespi
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10100
#2233 Posted: 13:36:30 29/06/2019
I'm not too bothered that I won't be able to transfer all of my shinies on to SwSh. I'm not going to let a lack of National Dex ruin my hype for the game.
---
#SobbleSquad
#2234 Posted: 03:36:05 01/07/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark

ok so i got hollow knight for “free” (thanks nintendo gold points) and played for 30+ minutes. i would actually advise you play it. it’s got a very fun and deep pogo stick mechanic where you can bounce off enemies until they die if you time it right

rest of it is pretty good too

Okay I played Hollow Knight.
I still don't get the appeal other than the aesthetic.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2235 Posted: 14:05:07 01/07/2019
It's extremely polished even if its only 'gimmick' is Dark Souls corpse run and -spoilers for Resting Grounds-. It's kinda like Castlevania Aria of Sorrow at the time, it didn't do anything NEW, but it polished what came before so hard that it pushed its way to the top.

Everyone also loves to talk about how the movement response is amazing, because there's always one option in a metroidvania where it's floaty, slow or unpredictable. Even if an attack or skill isn't nearly autopilot in excecution, there's probably a charm to make it so.
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:06:54 01/07/2019 by Bifrost
Blackholes_Wolf Diamond Sparx Gems: 8893
#2236 Posted: 14:51:10 02/07/2019
Quote: alicecarp
I'm not too bothered that I won't be able to transfer all of my shinies on to SwSh. I'm not going to let a lack of National Dex ruin my hype for the game.

oh yes im real hyped for a gamecube game in 2019
Bolt Platinum Sparx Gems: 5399
#2237 Posted: 08:16:32 06/07/2019
Okay I'm going to be a little nitpicky.

Not as much with Reignited, but I think the N Sane trilogy looks incredibly generic, looking back at it now. I don't think they took advantage of how far you can go with stylisation, and Crash's style was very sharp edged. But they've rounded everything out now and made it look, imo, like a normal, generic CGI animation.
[User Posted Image]
You could argue polygons, yes, but other games at the time weren't sharp like this. Spyro certainly didn't use sharp edges like this. I think it helped to highlight the ... insanity and edge of the games. Definately helped with its own unique style.
Now you just look at a screenshot of N Sane and think it could really belong to anything, you know? Maybe that's not a bad thing and I'm making an issue out of nothing. Maybe I'm criticising the industry as a whole for favouring the safe route and making everything samey. But look at the success of Spiderverse's unique stylisation. Maybe that just makes me sad because I feel like Crash has lost its style, and Spyro to an extent as well (although I feel like they managed to create a more unique design with the latter).

But also regarding Spyro, I'm incredibly disappointed they missed out on the opportunity to use the stunning lighting effects that they did in the PS1 trilogy.
Like, look. Look at the inside of the castle in cloud spires.
[User Posted Image]
And other specific places with lighting effects like the tower in Sheila's area of Sunny Villa, or the Sparx levels just don't have it anymore either (or if they do then it's incredibly less dramatic). They used to use vibrant lighting to colour code and help the player locate themselves, and just make the place feel more alive ... and now it's all bland and the same and just, uninteresting.

- - -

Okay. Okay. Maybe a real unpopular one. I never liked Crash 3 that much. I'm not one for "time travel / location" gimmicks, i personally find it a little lazy. And the game strays way too far from the Crash formula for my liking. In the first warp room alone 3 out of the 5 levels arent platforming levels. Platforming is Crash's thing, and they swapped it out for boring gimmick levels for """"variety"""". Yeah no. I don't really enjoy this game much because it forces me into play styles that I just really don't enjoy. The platforming, chase and pura levels are really the only ones I like because that is Crash. Crash isn't motorcycling, piloting, jetskiing etc. .... well, to me at least.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#2238 Posted: 11:14:14 06/07/2019
Quote: Bolt
Okay I'm going to be a little nitpicky.

Not as much with Reignited, but I think the N Sane trilogy looks incredibly generic, looking back at it now. I don't think they took advantage of how far you can go with stylisation, and Crash's style was very sharp edged. But they've rounded everything out now and made it look, imo, like a normal, generic CGI animation.
[User Posted Image]
You could argue polygons, yes, but other games at the time weren't sharp like this. Spyro certainly didn't use sharp edges like this. I think it helped to highlight the ... insanity and edge of the games. Definately helped with its own unique style.
Now you just look at a screenshot of N Sane and think it could really belong to anything, you know? Maybe that's not a bad thing and I'm making an issue out of nothing. Maybe I'm criticising the industry as a whole for favouring the safe route and making everything samey. But look at the success of Spiderverse's unique stylisation. Maybe that just makes me sad because I feel like Crash has lost its style, and Spyro to an extent as well (although I feel like they managed to create a more unique design with the latter).

But also regarding Spyro, I'm incredibly disappointed they missed out on the opportunity to use the stunning lighting effects that they did in the PS1 trilogy.
Like, look. Look at the inside of the castle in cloud spires.
[User Posted Image]
And other specific places with lighting effects like the tower in Sheila's area of Sunny Villa, or the Sparx levels just don't have it anymore either (or if they do then it's incredibly less dramatic). They used to use vibrant lighting to colour code and help the player locate themselves, and just make the place feel more alive ... and now it's all bland and the same and just, uninteresting.

- - -

Bolt, I'm really happy to see this. I have stopped myself from voicing my criticisms of the games because a lot of people (not necessarily on here, but somewhat) take issue with such. You can still love a game but be critical, I have a lot of pessimistic hot takes on Spyro Reignited's visuals but you know what? I still love the game. I try to look at things from both sides. But anyway. Your absolutely right, in regards to the color palette of the PS1 Spyro. It was so rich, vibrant and pastel and dreamlike. A lot of that is unfortunately removed. If only people were less harsh to criticism when it was in development.... and if only Reignited had a longer development period. The bright side is that when it comes to PC, modders will address that.
---
No U
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 5703
#2239 Posted: 03:01:21 08/07/2019
I guess if we're talking about Reignited:

In comparison to the originals, I don't like many of the NPC's new voices. I fully admit that I could be nostalgia blinded, but I just don't like them as much. Most, if not all of them are just so completely different that they don't even feel like the same character, and it feels like there wasn't even an attempt to replicate the original voice.
---
"If Jesus showed up now, he'd be in jail by next week"
Motörhead - Brave New World - Hammered (2002)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:03:07 08/07/2019 by JCW555
#2240 Posted: 05:34:19 09/07/2019
Yeah I'm just gonna post this here because I know for a fact it's unpopular as all hell and I won't be surprised if I get hate for it.

+Byleth gender options
+A (mostly) explorable overworld
+Dark story
+Branching paths

-Amiibo unlock music for optional battles aka they unlock jack ****ing ****
-No weapon triangle
-Arts and Mila's Turnwheel 2.0 are back so basically the awful gameplay of Shadows of Valentia is back
-The whole "Lost Spirits" thing literally ripping off Dark Souls and a mechanic that literally has no place in a Fire Emblem game
-"80 hours per path" aka 40 hours of school crap that doesn't matter
-"Over 200 hours of gameplay altogether" if I wanted to play a Fire Emblem game for 200 hours I'd play literally any of the better ones multiple times
-Literally zero incentive to ever go Blue Lions
-"Preorder the season pass before you even know what's in the base game!"
-"Hey, as if ****ing your siblings wasn't enough for you, wanna **** your students 5 years in the future?"

You had me at E3, Three Houses. You had completely lost my interest before, and then you had me at E3. And then now you dumped all those expectations in a toilet. Even though Fates' story was awful at least the maps were fun, but ever since Toshiyuki Kusakihara decided to suck off Gaiden specifically the gameplay has taken a nosedive. The maps and gameplay of SoV were atrocious. Enemies had ridiculous moves, maps were far too large, and in my opinion, arts and Mila's Turnwheel really took valuable gameplay elements out of the experience. The only redeeming factor was the story, which, once again, was already told since it was a remake.
I love FE enough that I really wanna give it a chance, but I'm back to not caring one bit about this game. It looks like everything I hated about early FE and SoV that I prayed would never come back but it's getting forced down my throat anyways because I call myself a fan and I want to own all the games. My hype was zero, then it couldn't be stopped, and now it's back down to zero. I'll probably still buy the game, but I'll wait for reviews first before I decide to play it. If there's even a mention of "it's just like SoV", I'm not gonna even bother.

SoV and Three Houses just... don't feel like Fire Emblem to me. In my opinion, this is more of a departure than innovating existing mechanics. All the stuff that made Fire Emblem it's namesake for me is gone now, and I guess I'm just... really upset about it I guess? The art, the music, and ESPECIALLY the gameplay are all things that should be improved upon and innovated in the ways Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild did, instead of taking steps back like Game Freak with Sword and Shield. The mechanics in Gaiden weren't good. That's one of the reasons it sold so little. The mechanics in Gaiden are not meant to be translated to modern games because they don't work. They aren't well done. They're used as an excuse to pretend the gameplay is more strategic and deep than it really is, and they aren't worth emulating. I'm sure the gameplay is one of the reasons SoV is the lowest selling of the 3DS FEs too. Bringing that all back instead of building on previously successful parts of the franchise is what's making the game suffer. Fire Emblem, for me, used to be something special, but now each passing release makes it more generic, more bargain bin anime strategy games that are forgotten in 5 years, which is exactly the opposite of where I wanted it to go.

Then again, maybe I'm putting way too much stock into Intelligent Systems. This is the same company that's giving us a 6th Lyn alt in Heroes for ****'s sake. Maybe the magic's just gone for me.

TL; DR: Three Houses looks really bad and I'm very sad that the Fire Emblem series is growing less special to me.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5090
#2241 Posted: 13:23:52 09/07/2019
Yeah I'm just gonna post this here because I know for a fact it's unpopular as all hell and I won't be surprised if I get hate for it.

+Byleth gender options
+A (mostly) explorable overworld
+Dark story
+Branching paths

-Amiibo unlock music for optional battles aka they unlock jack ****ing ****
-No weapon triangle
-Arts and Mila's Turnwheel 2.0 are back so basically the awful gameplay of Shadows of Valentia is back
-The whole "Lost Spirits" thing literally ripping off Dark Souls and a mechanic that literally has no place in a Fire Emblem game
-"80 hours per path" aka 40 hours of school crap that doesn't matter
-"Over 200 hours of gameplay altogether" if I wanted to play a Fire Emblem game for 200 hours I'd play literally any of the better ones multiple times
-Literally zero incentive to ever go Blue Lions
-"Preorder the season pass before you even know what's in the base game!"
-"Hey, as if ****ing your siblings wasn't enough for you, wanna **** your students 5 years in the future?"

You had me at E3, Three Houses. You had completely lost my interest before, and then you had me at E3. And then now you dumped all those expectations in a toilet. Even though Fates' story was awful at least the maps were fun, but ever since Toshiyuki Kusakihara decided to suck off Gaiden specifically the gameplay has taken a nosedive. The maps and gameplay of SoV were atrocious. Enemies had ridiculous moves, maps were far too large, and in my opinion, arts and Mila's Turnwheel really took valuable gameplay elements out of the experience. The only redeeming factor was the story, which, once again, was already told since it was a remake.
I love FE enough that I really wanna give it a chance, but I'm back to not caring one bit about this game. It looks like everything I hated about early FE and SoV that I prayed would never come back but it's getting forced down my throat anyways because I call myself a fan and I want to own all the games. My hype was zero, then it couldn't be stopped, and now it's back down to zero. I'll probably still buy the game, but I'll wait for reviews first before I decide to play it. If there's even a mention of "it's just like SoV", I'm not gonna even bother.

SoV and Three Houses just... don't feel like Fire Emblem to me. In my opinion, this is more of a departure than innovating existing mechanics. All the stuff that made Fire Emblem it's namesake for me is gone now, and I guess I'm just... really upset about it I guess? The art, the music, and ESPECIALLY the gameplay are all things that should be improved upon and innovated in the ways Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild did, instead of taking steps back like Game Freak with Sword and Shield. The mechanics in Gaiden weren't good. That's one of the reasons it sold so little. The mechanics in Gaiden are not meant to be translated to modern games because they don't work. They aren't well done. They're used as an excuse to pretend the gameplay is more strategic and deep than it really is, and they aren't worth emulating. I'm sure the gameplay is one of the reasons SoV is the lowest selling of the 3DS FEs too. Bringing that all back instead of building on previously successful parts of the franchise is what's making the game suffer. Fire Emblem, for me, used to be something special, but now each passing release makes it more generic, more bargain bin anime strategy games that are forgotten in 5 years, which is exactly the opposite of where I wanted it to go.

Then again, maybe I'm putting way too much stock into Intelligent Systems. This is the same company that's giving us a 6th Lyn alt in Heroes for ****'s sake. Maybe the magic's just gone for me.

TL; DR: Three Houses looks really bad and I'm very sad that the Fire Emblem series is growing less special to me.

Not sure if this is unpopular, tbh. I haven't seen much hype for FETH at all.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#2242 Posted: 13:54:08 10/07/2019
Call of Duty WWII isn't incredible by any means, but I still think it's a good time and hands down the best CoD game I've played since Modern Warfare 3.

While there's some stuff I didn't like about the campaign(looking at you train setpiece) it was still something I had fun with every now and then. The mission where you play as a French resistance fighter and sneak into a Nazi office guised as an officer in particular is one of the best campaign missions I've played in any CoD.

I don't like the supply drop aspect of the multiplayer and it does get confusing trying to navigate its admittedly bad UI but other than that, it's classic boots on the ground multiplayer that I loved so much during the MW and Black Ops 1 days. It's fast, frantic, and a bit over the top without going crazy. The War mode in particular is great too. I know it's a mode borrowed from other games, but for CoD it's nice to have something that requires a layer of strategy to it.

Zombies took me off guard at first, but I like it a lot for two reasons: for one, it takes more focus on being horrific than being over the top. There are crazy elements to it, sure, but it's nowhere near as insane as zombies has been in the other games. The other is actually having an objective guide. Part of what makes zombies so much fun is that it's simple and easy to play: survive as long as possible with the tools given to you. Black Ops II and onward kept trying to add more and more things and objectives to accomplish and it just made the mode a slog to get through because you had to do so many specific things without knowing exactly what to do. You couldn't just survive as long as possible, you had to be familiar enough with the map in order to complete its objectives and easter eggs too. In this game, however, I don't mind it that much because not only is it a drastically different take on zombies, but it actually tells you what you have to do in order to advance on the map and complete it. Now I don't have to go reading and watching walkthroughs just to know what to do(at least, not nearly as much as past games): the game tells me what I should be looking for or doing.

I definitely think CoD WWII could have been much better if they decided to go all out with the realistic aspects and kept out microtransaction and supply drop bs, and I still think the best games in the franchise came from 2007-2012, but I can't say I hated or even disliked what I played. I had a good time with the campaign and I'm still having a fun time with the multiplayer and zombies. Would I sooner play the MW trilogy or WaW/Black Ops I and II? Definitely. But until the Modern Warfare reboot comes out I'm perfectly satisfied with playing WWII.
---
Cool cool.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1037
#2243 Posted: 06:09:21 14/07/2019
I still genuinely believe Pokémon Sun and Moon are the best installments in the franchise. And I still believe USUM screwed up more than it fixed. All it’s good for is shiny hunting.
---
”You say I shouldn't think about my life,
‘Cause once I finally hit the ground,
Who's gonna drag me into the light?”
#2244 Posted: 16:08:13 14/07/2019
I don't care about BoTW2. I'm under the impression it is simply going to be too similar to BoTW and would sort of bore me for it. BoTW got more boring on replays.

I hope their selling point isn't story because I can't think of one Nintendo EAD game with very good story. They have a couple of good characters and moments, but nothing outstanding, even they had more untapped than tapped potential.
I also would not play BoTW for story because its stories should be much more player-specific; the ways you got to and dealt with specific places, just getting out of fights, the impact of certain views, things like that- as cheesy as they might seem. It's something BoTW uniquely nudged you towards more than many other games on the market and it was under the right circumstances that there are so many of them out there and shared, in such a special scope and with such a special air.

Those kinds of stories could coexist, and ideally the game should have a much better canon story than the first, but it's not what I want or care about. I would expect very little from a Nintendo story and if they really make it a priority, I'm going to be disappointed. So right now I'm setting it as my expectations, especially given many people want it.

My hopes are instead a tremendously overhauled map (not because the original map was bad, but because it's too familiar now, and if they don't do this the game will not have the same breadth of discovery- if it were up to me I'd like a totally new map, but not for a sequel) and much, much better enemy variety and use of combat (it had fun mechanics to dick around with but almost never called for them and certainly didn't reward you for them. Also the bosses were all the lamest ****ing fights in the game, which is saying a lot.)
I also don't nessicarily want them to get rid of durability or something but I feel the weapons need more tweaks somehow, midgame weapons ended up way too useless and there were lategame ones too easy/arguably easier to rely on, I feel in retrospect. I don't remember it in-depth, so I'll just throw up my arms on that one.

Finally: I encourage people to continue whining, because the Pokémon series is long overdue for criticism, but people saying "muh bootlegs and PBR animation" have actually turned me away from looking at SWSH and trying to ever talk about it, because they have a lot of hyperbole too, and don't bring up the problems in their PBR (look at Sucker Punch's animation, ****ing lmao, and look just how lame the walking up to opponents and so many cuts are, and how unstylised the attack particles are; PBR is a step in the right direction in several ways, but also has a whole ton of lame ****, and **** worse than even the modern mainline games, criticise that too) or how literally everything in those bootlegs is plagarised and how some of the animations in it look **** also. Oh well, it's better than devoutly-optimistic hivemind I whined about elsewhere.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6276
#2245 Posted: 19:50:47 14/07/2019
Over the past year I have found myself more excited for the growth in the emulation scene than I have been for actual new video game releases. PC ports of games I really like also get me more giddy than most brand new releases (the PC port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy is the only thing left this year that I'm particularly hyped for and has been the thing I'm most excited for this year).

There's just something really special about an old game (or even pretty recent, like Wii U titles, including Breath of the Wild) being spruced up with 4K, widescreen, 60 FPS (or even beyond), and other kinds of HD retextures or mods that improve the experience or personalise it in some way. And having them all on one machine too. And most of these efforts end up better than official remasters.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#2246 Posted: 14:16:12 18/07/2019
I didn't really mind some of the smaller segments from Spider-Man PS4 that people really seem to dislike. Specifically the moments when you're not in control of Spidey.

The puzzles with Peter didn't really bother me that much. They weren't super difficult for me to figure out and it was just was exhilarating getting tokens from these puzzles as it was getting tokens from backpacks, research stations, etc.

I can understand why people may not exactly enjoy the MJ/Miles segments of the game but I can't for the life of me understand why they have so much disdain when they don't really last that long. It was refreshing to play as someone other than Spidey and see things happening from their perspective since they're just, y'know, regular people(well, Miles is for most of the game). The last segments with them I really liked in particular, Miles because of how tense it is to be this regular kid trying to avoid Rhino and how brutal he gets, and MJ because not only are you avoiding guards, but you're working together with Spidey to take them out. I thought it was a really neat dynamic.

In general looking back at Spidey PS4 there's little to nothing I can find wrong with the game. It's become one of my favorite video games for a reason. But I've noticed people have a lot wrong with these segments of the game specifically and they never really bugged me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
Cool cool.
#2247 Posted: 18:59:44 18/07/2019 | Topic Creator
It just feels like forced stealth in a game that isn't really focused on it, and it generally isn't as interesting in my eyes. (At least in execution)
Forced stealth in non-stealth centric games doesn't often go over very well, be it in a mechanic way or just in the eyes of players. (Or both)

Miles does at least have the hacking element to his segments, and I'll agree on liking how tense it was trying to avoid Rhino while playing as him, but you barely get to play as him anyways so it feels like padding more than anything.
With Peter the stealth segments make more sense and are rather fun at least, but MJ and Miles' segments feel forced, out of place, and in general rather unappealing. I don't necessarily hate it either, though, mind you.

I honestly don't even like MJ as a character in this game most of the time, so playing as her was kind of grating for me beyond it feeling like forced stealth.
That's an entirely different can of worms for another time, however.

I'm more disappointed by the game's overall repetitiveness with its combat, and some of its missions/collectables.
If it weren't for that, it would've been my game of the year instead of the new God of War. Otherwise, it's still a spectacular game. (Also, this isn't me trying to argue against your point or anything; I just wanted to give my perspective on it, is all)

I think that I might also still prefer Infamous: Second Son as far as superhero games go, at least in terms of overall gameplay and combat. Side missions were still hella repetitive, though.
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 19:40:35 18/07/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Ezio Platinum Sparx Gems: 5437
#2248 Posted: 22:38:03 18/07/2019
i like dotd a lot still. idk why
---
i Like horses a lot. please share horse pictures with me. I make art too
Bolt Platinum Sparx Gems: 5399
#2249 Posted: 23:24:11 18/07/2019
Quote: Ezio
i like dotd a lot still. idk why

the open world of avalar was really fun as a kid. the game holds up gameplay wise, imo, but the story is c r a p
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:28 18/07/2019 by Bolt
#2250 Posted: 00:02:48 19/07/2019
Re, Spider-Man PS4, to be fair, Insomniac has had similar issues with many of their past titles. See, like, every hacker minigame and Clank level in a Ratchet & Clank game. XP
---
First | Previous | Page 45 of 46 | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me