Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 43 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2746
#2101 Posted: 14:01:37 21/01/2019
buckle up if you want

I know this is $$$ coming from me, but kinda like the Crash remakes way better than the Spyro remakes now because (in addition to just preferring more texture... even though it definitely has issues) they're a lot more consistent

Spyro literally has the two worst level remakes (IP/BT) and the best level remake and one of the other best ones (ET/SS) inside Midday Gardens
YoTD starts off garbage; Sunrise Spring is awful, and aside from Seashell Shore all its levels are subpar- then it has some of the most accurately recreated or updated, faithful yet touched-up levels in the whole remake
YoTD homeworlds clearly get consecutively better; SS is awful, MD is acceptable, EL is great, MM is near flawless.
Skyboxes are either boring or spot-on with basically no in-between
Most of the NPCs are garbage even in some of the really good levels (vise versa also happens)
Really thoughtful and inviting lighting, values and shapes paired with overly simplified and honestly ugly architecture/rocks in spots.
Ridiculous dearth of alpine themes, rock asset reusal (which was way less of a thing in 3? The only thing going for Bamboo Terrace is that it has unique rock assets) and wood.
Levels that are extremely vivid and have colorful lighting versus ones with lighting that desaturate or "fog up" the level, and seem to be there for the sake of showing off more impressive (but not ideal) lighting.
The whole awful tone and character interpretations in 3 and especially 2.

As for Crash, you can basically sum it up as 1 clearly got the most time, 2 was clearly most rushed, 3's kinda in-between (but has more good); mostly suffers from bad lighting and uncanny/lazy assets in spots. But I never felt (even way back when) like I'd go in one level and look at the next and think "what the hell happened between these two?". It'd just be certain assets I expected. I do constantly feel like quality flips back and forth between levels whenever I look at SRT...

I can't say anything about the gameplay for obvious reasons, I know 3 is apparently much glitchier, but besides that I also think 3 got a much better remake than 2 because it didn't totally **** all over the original tone. 2 embodies all the worries I had prerelease; they made everything soft and nice and happy and emphasized the cartoon aspect and having "cute"/"funny" characters and performances way too hard, when the originals had way more under the hood. It just makes it boring.

Also NST music and SFX BTFO the SRT music and SFX... Music and SFX are actually another aspect where Spyro is inconsistent, but not in quality so much as identity. SRT has imo mostly garbage music that doesn't mesh with the new, more energised aesthetic and the sound design is far far weaker than it should be. I'll give them credit for actually adding in the old music, though. But that doesn't give me any confidence for future games.
I understand why some people would think NST has a mixed bag in the music department but I also feel like the reinterpretations of the tracks, even the sloppier ones, lost far less and stand far more on their own and with the visuals. And aside from that... yeah I don't see how you could even argue SRT got better sound design outside of that, annoyingly upbeat chimes on certain things, annoying percussion when charging, a lot of things that should have noise simply don't, iconic sounds clearly missing/watered down; much like the music, overall, for some reason they've made the SFX more subdued when the visuals don't call for this and... they're just flatter than they should be anyways.

Also NST actually has new challenges that last a while, not just skill points in in the first game. Plus the DLC levels but Spyro will probably get one so that's potentially a null point.
They should have left glitches in Spyro too like Crash left a few exploits. Roll in air isn't the same as swim in air.

SRT is basically what I asked for back when I still hated NST, so I guess I don't know what I want, but I don't think that means my criticism is baseless. And damn well still have issues with both.
But I'm far more confident in the future of Crash. TFB just seem to wanna make Spyro into a cartoon, which is a far cry from the originals, and I think VV learn better from feedback. Also I'm a lot more confident in their level design chops.

if you can't tell i think b-mask is pretty on point about both of them still besides some disagreements with spyro

Also I never "got" Kingdom Hearts, like, the concept or tone never clicked enough for me to be interested in playing them even as a kid... I don't think they look boring or lame on the whole, but they look like it for me personally.
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#2102 Posted: 21:56:09 22/01/2019
Because we've had complete radio silence about it, I really think Fire Emblem: Three Houses got delayed. What we saw at E3 looked more like an advanced prototype than anything else, and since they're likely making an entirely new engine and new assets, I don't think it's gonna meet the original date of Spring 2019 at all, and to be honest, I don't think it's even coming in 2019. It'll be a miracle if we get it before Summer 2020, but even then, I wouldn't mind if it was delayed until then or longer, because I really think Intelligent Systems needs to take their time with Three Houses.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
Carmelita Fox Diamond Sparx Gems: 9612
#2103 Posted: 21:52:22 29/01/2019
video games are pretty good
Buchi Green Sparx Gems: 417
#2104 Posted: 22:12:33 29/01/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox
video games are pretty good

No they're not lol. We haven't had a good game released since Pong in '72.
---
Aspirat primo fortuna labori. Me duce tutus eris. Vox populi, vox dei. Ad meiorem, dei gloriam. Ad infinitum.
PM me weird stuff.
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6918
#2105 Posted: 17:51:55 02/02/2019
I don't really think Epic Games getting exclusive games is really a big deal. How companies are handling it is one thing(see: Metro Exodus) but I don't see the big deal with having more than one game launcher, or a launcher other than Steam.
---
Cool cool.
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 6963
#2106 Posted: 19:52:23 02/02/2019
Quote: pankakesparx456
I don't really think Epic Games getting exclusive games is really a big deal. How companies are handling it is one thing(see: Metro Exodus) but I don't see the big deal with having more than one game launcher, or a launcher other than Steam.

The problem is that you have people like me who don't like having tons of different games in different places; i already huff at having to open sims 3 on origin. i like it all to be in one, easy to access place.

but to each their own i suppose. :P
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
#2107 Posted: 20:39:42 02/02/2019
Quote: parisruelz12

The problem is that you have people like me who don't like having tons of different games in different places; i already huff at having to open sims 3 on origin. i like it all to be in one, easy to access place.

but to each their own i suppose. smilie

I'm gonna go ahead and back paris up here in that it's really tedious. I don't particularly see the Epic store replacing Steam, at most they'll stand alongside it, but it could get overly complicated. Lots of games added to each launcher end up being exclusive, so if you like Overwatch, Counter-Strike, Assassin's Creed, and the Sims, that's already 4 launchers for 4 games if you're a PC player.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#2108 Posted: 07:13:57 05/02/2019
The exclusivity deal isn't too bad.... for a time. Epic's store is bare bones in both features and games library, so having some incentive (however lead-fisted it is) to get people into the habit of using the platform honestly makes good business sense. What I don't like is that the idea of this continuing, like we've seen with consoles. Instead of the console itself being good (PS4 "just a games console" versus the Xbone "multimedia machine"), almost all of my choices regarding them depend entirely on which games they have. It's not necessarily to their benefit there though; I can get the game used, and the publishers get £0 and 0p for a sale. In the case of Metro: Exodus on PC, we're already seeing a lot of people threatening to pirate and boycott, a similar issue to used games on that platform.

Vespi above me makes a point about how PC players are screwed, and I'm in that situation right now; I like my library of Steam and GOG games, I like Dragon Age, I like Assassin's Creed and Heroes of the Storm. That's five already. Then there's Bethesda's future games. Six launchers. If I fancy a Hi-Rez game like Paladins or Tribes: Ascend, that's seven launchers. Want to play Crackdown 3? Get that eighth launcher with the Windows Store. And now if I want to play Unreal Tournament? Nein.

This isn't counting the rest like itch.io and Discord that I don't use, but if there's exclusives there I'm going to have to download another launcher. This is why I think the exclusivity deal will be bad if Epic keep holding stuff to ransom.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6545
#2109 Posted: 11:57:57 05/02/2019
Discord Store at least has the gimmick of being "play on Discord first", they were never trying to take it out of Steam first things first; it was more to play into hype culture and finishing the game before its full launch.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5808
#2110 Posted: 05:22:09 15/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Angels do exist in Devil May Cry, as does some kind of "God" that isn't of the demon variety like Mundus or Urizen. They just don't give a ****. lmao
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3323
#2111 Posted: 05:18:58 16/02/2019
i think smash sucks

like im glad people like it and i think the concept is neat but like. i think it sucks
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 6570
#2112 Posted: 12:02:46 16/02/2019
Quote: HotDogAndZap
i think smash sucks

like im glad people like it and i think the concept is neat but like. i think it sucks

I can agree with you, I'm not really into fighting games. In fact, I'm very picky when it comes to games I like.
#2113 Posted: 06:46:56 19/02/2019
The art style of the Donkey Kong Country games is the ugliest thing on the face of the planet, and I'm glad K Rool got better art because of Smash.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2114 Posted: 09:09:30 24/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Outside of the poor story and characters (Both old and new, save for probably Vergil most of the time), DmC: Devil May Cry is actually pretty fun.

I still like the classic games better (Especially DMC3 and DMC4), but I'm having a surprisingly good time replaying DmC after years of not touching it since I last finished it.
(I literally pre-ordered it and got it on release day back in 2013, then finished it once and never touched it again despite having liked it well enough back then as well)

I'll also admit to kind of liking DmC Dante a bit. He's decently attractive, and has a rather nice voice when he's speaking in a normal tone. It's only when he swears a million times that I get a little annoyed with him. :/
Obviously classic Dante as a whole is a lot better, both in terms of personality and appearance, but still.

That all said, however, I will never forgive them for what they did to Mundus. smilie (He's literally just generic and corrupt Marvel Cinematic Universe business man villain #3245)
Complain about DmC Dante all you want, but I honestly feel like he's more redeemable and not nearly as bastardized as DmC's take on Mundus. ;;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:20:10 24/02/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2115 Posted: 10:12:59 24/02/2019
I casually mentioned this in the 'landers section but CTRemake already looks dated. Overuse of bloom, lighting that is just crappy in spots, and it's not pushing anything. Graphically or artistically.
In general it shares many issues with NST (although that's not really a surprise). NST was slightly better I feel still but maybe it's because you aren't whizzing by everything (VV assets tend to look cheap when that happens, as they really lack contrast; also yes I'm aware Beenox are making the game but a lot of assets are reused from NST and it's following basically the same style).

It's not like racing games can't do better. MK8 still looks better. That game is still guilty of bloom and has rougher models but the art is a lot more fundamentally sound and the game will still look nice in another 10 years (even if it's dated by then). Whereas in CTRemake the bloom causes obnoxious color bleeding and, again, it just shares a lot of NST's issues like overliteralised models, clean but lacking animation and going for rendering over fundamentals. :/
---
#2116 Posted: 05:20:04 25/02/2019
Persona 5 > Persona 3 >>>>>>>> Persona 4

Half of this is because I really really despise Teddie. Outside of that though, I just don't think Persona 4 has a very intriguing visual flair compared to the other Persona games, and I personally don't find the plot or characters as compelling, especially if its put up to the very high standard set by Persona 5.

Also, the small minority that think Yu from P4 would have been a better Persona rep are dead wrong. Persona 4 is very dated compared to 5, and it doesn't have the unique and easily recognizable visual style that Persona 5 has. Joker's Phantom Thief outfit is arguably more recognizable that any other Persona protag, especially Yu's, which is a glorified school uniform with a sword. Even the P3 protag has a more unique outfit with the SEES armband alone.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2117 Posted: 13:45:26 25/02/2019
Persona 4 aged BADLY, but it still has a place as a good game. 5 wouldn't have been as sucessful if 3 and 4 didn't pave the way for people to want these kinds of games. Yeah, Persona 1 and 2 don't exist, ha ha funny meme, but they still weren't so character driven that it's a gameplay mechanic.

Agreed fully with Yu and Joker. Joker has a codename to please the manga/anime name fights, a character that's developed from the start(rather than the anime and Arena), and there's so much he does that's out of the player's hands.
---
I do art!
#2118 Posted: 14:31:01 25/02/2019
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is great and I'm loving the hell out of it, and I think Kassandra is perfectly fine as a protagonist.
---
Cool cool.
#2119 Posted: 17:10:02 26/02/2019
Quote: Bifrost
Persona 4 aged BADLY, but it still has a place as a good game. 5 wouldn't have been as sucessful if 3 and 4 didn't pave the way for people to want these kinds of games. Yeah, Persona 1 and 2 don't exist, ha ha funny meme, but they still weren't so character driven that it's a gameplay mechanic.

I mean I never denied it was a good game, I'd actually prefer Persona 4 over most any other JRPG. It was definitely influential, I just don't personally think it was very interesting.

And Persona 1 and 2 would exist as game people play if the modern trilogy of 3/4/5 wasn't as different from the other two.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is great and I'm loving the hell out of it, and I think Kassandra is perfectly fine as a protagonist.

That's unpopular? Kassandra is super well done and I've seen nothing but well deserved praise for her.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2120 Posted: 18:10:35 26/02/2019
I didn't say it wasn't a good game, I meant it more on not blaming people if they start with 5.

1 and 2 were pretty obscure at the time, or at least didn't stand out so much from mainline SMT or the DS games until 3 and 4.
---
I do art!
#2121 Posted: 20:15:42 26/02/2019
Quote: Vespi

I mean I never denied it was a good game, I'd actually prefer Persona 4 over most any other JRPG. It was definitely influential, I just don't personally think it was very interesting.

And Persona 1 and 2 would exist as game people play if the modern trilogy of 3/4/5 wasn't as different from the other two.

That's unpopular? Kassandra is super well done and I've seen nothing but well deserved praise for her.

I've been seeing incredibly mixed reactions from the fandom for Odyssey. The general consensus seems to be it's an alright game that is held back by the fact that it has to tie to Assassin's Creed despite having nothing to really do with AC besides the title. And people generally seem to hate Kassandra/Alexios based on what I've seen, let alone being ranked as one of the worst AC protagonists.

Odyssey has put me back into an AC binge since i haven't played the series since Black Flag, and this is generally what I've noticed when I've been seeing AC discussions and watching AC prominent YouTubers and editorials and whatnot.
---
Cool cool.
#2122 Posted: 06:22:09 27/02/2019
idk but I keep forgetting to post this but the overworld Pokemon in LGPE do absolutely nothing for me. If anything, negative effects, since they leave less to the imagination with how you run into the Pokemon you know?
What I'm saying is, you see them on the overworld but they aren't doing anything except idling, wandering around completely randomly, and IIRC sometimes stopping and doing a roar. They dont climb around or do anything to the surroundings, try to approach you (or run off) taking advantage of the environment, they don't have some animation when they see you or anything, and they don't interact with eachother at all. And I guess there are the ones that are flying and out of reach until postgame or whenever.

It's so ****in clear they're just reused game assets, and I know there are a lot of Pokémon but LGPE cut most of them out and GameFreak have the manpower to do way better if they actually gave a ****. Instead, overworld 'mons that should help immersion hurt it more instead because they're so obviously pasted in.

Sprites were way better for Pokémon. There are too many 'mons and assets in general to make all or probably even most of them convincing. At least under GameFreak, with their attitude. Sprites let you fill in a lot of blanks.
GameFreak also don't really make good 3D environments, they're all still top-down and don't have meaningful added verticality or the like. If anything, funkier camera angles and vertical environments peaked during gen 6 (which imo is actually one of the best gens, and that's more of a criticism towards the series than praising gen 6, although I do like gen 6 and think it's good).

GameFreak aren't incompetent or something, there's still some pretty good aspects of Pokémon, but it's painful how little of a **** they give. The games are just boring. They add QoL improvements in one gen that should have come two or three gens earlier (and then are still missing other things that should be there, ie natures still being locked, hidden abilities still being ****ty, parts of move availabilities, balls still being locked), and that's the biggest improvements the games tend to get. Design works but is very unambitious. Pokémon is one of the most wasted potential IPs ever, which is saying a lot when it's one that actually got off the ground and has done some stuff (as opposed to obscure cool ideas that could have made excellent games with another entry or something).

I actually wouldn't even want some open-world Pokemon like a lot of people might expect after this post. The series just feels so sanitised and safe, and they have fun blips of ideas and still have really fun monster designs, but the games are so barebones and feel like they don't even have dungeons anymore and do nothing new with the overworld and waste the potential in new moves and abilities etc. In my opinion Sinnoh felt like the last real proper region that had actual dungeons and everything after that feels like going to different towns with battles on routes between them and very boring cutscenes and nothing else. I honestly feel some of that is owed to removing HMs. But they could add a lot more to do on the overworld regardless.
I don't think gen 4 is perfect, I actually think it has some major flaws, but imo it's markedly the best and in spite of much needed QoL improvements, everything since has been a massive step down.
But anyway, they could do a lot more with how you could interact with the overworld without having to make the games open-world, they could actually try to make the games feel more like adventures (which was better in the past, and even then it wasn't the best), they could add more creative hazards to deal with, they could do more puzzles needing multiple HM-equivalent thingies at once, they could add more tricky and atmospheric dungeons leading up to legendaries again, they could bring back ingame events for mythicals (and more than just "special move at this location", thanks), they could take advantage of more camera angles and verticality now that we have full 3d models, they could be way more creative with route designs and adding more than those, they could add more features again, they could commission more creative and fleshed-out spinoffs again, but they don't try any of this, they just take minor steps with QoL. Hell, gen 7 was actually a step back there, and split third versions seem like they're the norm now. Pokemon sucks right now and it's never going to be as good as gen 4 again.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2786
#2123 Posted: 22:55:18 02/03/2019
Anti-Fortnite people are worse than the actual Fortnite players they keep whining about.

I’m talking about the people who act like the game’s existence is some kind of insult to them and can’t accept the fact that there are people who actually enjoy the game and all by all means allowed to. The same ones who can’t just ignore it and are like “durrr forfnuf for gay virgens rite gais?! Apix legunds forfnufe killer!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!”

Like I haven’t played Fortnite in months but these people still annoy the hell out me
---
sometimes that japanese future funk be hittin tho...
#2124 Posted: 06:35:15 03/03/2019
Quote: Chompy-King257
Anti-Fortnite people are worse than the actual Fortnite players they keep whining about.

I’m talking about the people who act like the game’s existence is some kind of insult to them and can’t accept the fact that there are people who actually enjoy the game and all by all means allowed to. The same ones who can’t just ignore it and are like “durrr forfnuf for gay virgens rite gais?! Apix legunds forfnufe killer!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!”

Like I haven’t played Fortnite in months but these people still annoy the hell out me

I was to an extent Anti-Fortnite because I'd paid something like £50 for Early Access to the then original Fortnite, which was a PvE Horde survival game. However Battle Royale was announced not many moons after, much to greater uproar than we see now, and I'd asked how this would effect the development of the PvE mode. Naturally, it was slowed to a screeching halt despite claims that Save the World mode would not be effected due to the BR mode being handled exclusively by those who moved from Unreal Tournament to this. Now, the focus rests almost entirely on that.

TBH, it feels good to no longer support a game that had such horrible monetisation model. I've heard nothing but good things from the BR mode's monetisation, but the loot pinatas of StW mode were horrible. Glad I'm not tempted anymore.

But nowadays, I'm in the vast minority and you're right, most folks who hate it hate it because.... they hate it, and that's it. A lot of people are quite glad of Fortnite because it keeps away the so-called twelve year olds from their other games.

An unpopular opinion I have is that, while I absolutely hate forced slow-walking, it can achieve things that moving at a normal pace wouldn't. I'd noticed this in Far Cry 5, which does a very good job of building up tension and unease. The setting may seem familiar at first, but it descends into madness as you're walking a prisoner to your helicopter at the start of the game. You're surrounded, your guns are drawn but not pointed at folks, and you yourself are not armed, only your fellow officers.

That said, I don't excuse it in all games. I can't recall a single time in Red Dead Redemption 2 where it actually helped at all. I'd far prefer to be running at their pace, wherein Far Cry I feel the freedom of movement and AI follow-behaviour isn't quite as good. I also hate it when I'm allowed to move at full speed but have invisible walls blocking the path which conveniently make my character go "I'd best stay close" silently.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:15:31 07/03/2019 by Johnbonne
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 6570
#2125 Posted: 10:17:36 07/03/2019
I played Far Cry New Dawn for about an hour round a friend's house. I didn't like it that much. The frame rate was really choppy as well.
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#2126 Posted: 11:53:54 07/03/2019
if your game has unskippable cutscenes it's a bad game
#2127 Posted: 11:42:14 10/03/2019
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I played Far Cry New Dawn for about an hour round a friend's house. I didn't like it that much. The frame rate was really choppy as well.

Shame about the framerate. I'll see if I can find any solutions if this is happening on PC. FC5 had a few stutters and the occassional non-critical freeze, so it might be part of the engine. Also loving the new avatar, btw!

Quote: Gharlant
if your game has unskippable cutscenes it's a bad game

Personally I'd not go as far as to say it would make it a bad game, but it would certainly be a noticeable fault and one that would possibly stop a good game becoming a great one. I'm of the mindset that pausing and being able to skip cutscenes should be standard, but then my standards for cutscenes and accessibility are incredibly high and require a lot of time to become the norm.
#2128 Posted: 11:39:40 11/03/2019
A chunk of the distaste for PlayStation All-Stars is just memetic. It is often laughed at when you bring it up, or you get an "eww" or three, but it's not really a bad game. It's not particularly good either, but it had far more effort put into it than people give it credit for and it has some novelty.

It SHOULD have been much better, yeah, but blame Sony for that.

Mario Kart Wii floors every other Mario Kart game. It's kinda like the Melee for the series. (Okay well this metaphor would have worked way better before Ultimate came out, but you know what I'm getting at, so roll with it.)

The core mechanics allow so much experimentation and just feel so tight and fast it's ****ing fantastic, makes the game infinitely entertaining with surprises and hype moments always being possibility, and it's the last entry that was genuinely challenging at all. Granted some of the challenge is just bull****, but in Wii a 3 star license feels like a true accomplishment, as opposed to one-and-done MK8- it's not like you need 3 stars to unlock anything so you can't complain about it gating content anyways.

And you actually feel the punishment for falling off or going offroad, and honestly, the items are fairer *cough*greenshellsin8arebull*****cough*FIBsarebetterthancoinsbecausetheycanstillbeoffensive*cough*Wii'sdesignallowswaymorecomebackopportunities*cough*. Hell, the items are way more offensive too.
MK8 just promotes frontrunning and holding a shell/banana behind you :/ Especially MK8D with its double items. And especially because screwups in 8 are far more forgiving. And because 8 is a lot slower and so you'll want to be playing safer.

I liked 7 better than 8 because, while it's still a far cry from Wii, it felt much faster, tighter (both in pacing and... honestly, control- 8's are more "technically correct" and have more physics but more bumpy and eeeehhh), more offensive and while the tracks were less glamorous they were more fun. 8 may be the most polished (and visually dazzling) MK, but I think it's one of the least fun to play.

Also Wii has a ****ton of iconic tracks, they have a lot of potential shortcuts, they aren't hampered by the stupid Lakitu system in 8, it truly feels like you can explore them.
I could go on and on about the tracks in Wii, but I find them endlessly replayable, whereas I just don't want to come back to the vast majority of MK8's tracks at all. And I like replaying 7's tracks, but I don't want to do it very often. (The mechanics aren't as deep, although I find them very fun, and neither is the track design experimentation shortcuts etc.)
I honestly find any older MK game too outdated for me to enjoy as deeply with the lack of tricks and bikes and some other things and polish and etc., so I guess MKWii is the absolute perfect point of the series for me, but that's a separate rant...

Back to Wii-
As unbalanced as the vehicles are... get outta here if you think any Mario Kart game other than 7 has even semi-balanced vehicles. Even 8 gives heavyweights a ridiculous advantage. Besides, the vehicles feel truly distinct and different to play in Wii, which offers more replayability, which is better in this case imo.

And of course the bikes ****ing make the game, they feel crazy different from karts, they suck in 8, and inward drifting is genius and feels fantastic and *okay hand emoji*

Okay... I'm going to go so far as to say Mario Kart Wii is the quintessential "party racer" and one of the greatest games of all time. Say whatever you want but you can't change my mind on this.

This isn't even getting to the damn great mod scene, which- like, we all know no other Mario Kart game has a comparable mod scene, at all- it adds two super creative extra modes (Countdown and Item Rain, although nobody plays the former anymore which is a shame), 200cc that outdoes MK8's, huge customisability (textures, custom music, vehicle modding), oh yeah and literal hundreds of tracks (granted, a lot of them are bad, but there are also a lot of hidden gems, there are a number of tracks right there in CTGP that are as good as official tracks, and you can play basically every official Mario Kart track up to the 3DS entry with Wii's glorious physics this way).
The game is still super active. Honestly it's more active right now than MK7 was the last time I played that game, wether playing CTs or Nintendo tracks, and even Battle Mode still has some activity.

Yeah I'm sucking this game's dick. Because it deserves a nice, long lick.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3050
#2129 Posted: 03:55:29 12/03/2019
Quote: Drawdler
Blablabla Mario Vroom Vroom Shake good

I'm doing custom music check my YouTube channel. It's fun.
---
Play time's over!
#2130 Posted: 23:15:26 15/03/2019 | Topic Creator
This probably isn't actually that much of an unpopular opinion, but I'm not really a fan of the fact that Bayonetta seems like it'll be a Nintendo-exclusive franchise going forward.

I personally feel that it's a massive waste for a series like that to be put on and only on such inferior hardware, regardless of the reasoning. It's good for Nintendo and its fans, sure, but otherwise it's bad for everyone else.

I'll still buy it on the Switch (Whenever I get one, that is), but it'd be nice to have it alongside the likes of Devil May Cry and God of War as well. :/
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:20:13 15/03/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2131 Posted: 23:23:29 15/03/2019
Well, it's Switch or no one, if the news about 2 were any indication. Sega is stingier than they are, it seems.
---
I do art!
#2132 Posted: 00:01:52 16/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Well, it's Switch or no one, if the news about 2 were any indication. Sega is stingier than they are, it seems.

I get that, but it sucks regardless. :/
---
#2133 Posted: 05:06:41 16/03/2019
And it seems like it will be the same story with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, considering Nintendo is distributing it.
---
Play time's over!
#2134 Posted: 07:37:42 17/03/2019

This is the only time I'm really fine with exclusives; when a game wouldn't exist without a console or PC's support distributing/funding its development, and such. I suppose it's more on Nintendo rather than Bayonetta, or maybe the devs don't know how to fully utilise the hardware like first party developers do.

I suppose my related unpopular opinion is SEGA's not quite as good publisher anymore. They've done good with Sonic Mania and.... that's been it in recent years, to my recollection. I may have to come back to this to flesh it out, or we could replace SEGA with any publisher. Also, I realise I capitalise SEGA. When I say the name, I do it in the old Mega Drive voice. "SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
#2135 Posted: 18:51:49 17/03/2019
Quote: Johnbonne

This is the only time I'm really fine with exclusives; when a game wouldn't exist without a console or PC's support distributing/funding its development, and such. I suppose it's more on Nintendo rather than Bayonetta, or maybe the devs don't know how to fully utilise the hardware like first party developers do.

I suppose my related unpopular opinion is SEGA's not quite as good publisher anymore. They've done good with Sonic Mania and.... that's been it in recent years, to my recollection. I may have to come back to this to flesh it out, or we could replace SEGA with any publisher. Also, I realise I capitalise SEGA. When I say the name, I do it in the old Mega Drive voice. "SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

They have Atlus which has been pumping a few successful games like Persona 5.
---
Play time's over!
#2136 Posted: 01:03:53 18/03/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
This probably isn't actually that much of an unpopular opinion, but I'm not really a fan of the fact that Bayonetta seems like it'll be a Nintendo-exclusive franchise going forward.

I personally feel that it's a massive waste for a series like that to be put on and only on such inferior hardware, regardless of the reasoning. It's good for Nintendo and its fans, sure, but otherwise it's bad for everyone else.

I'll still buy it on the Switch (Whenever I get one, that is), but it'd be nice to have it alongside the likes of Devil May Cry and God of War as well. :/

I actually prefer if it's on the Switch rather than multiplatform. All three big companies (being Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo) need more 3rd party exclusive IPs, ESPECIALLY Microsoft.

Quote: Crash10
Quote: Johnbonne

They have Atlus which has been pumping a few successful games like Persona 5.

I'd more say the Persona series in general, because I'm not sure how well games like Catherine or Etrian Odyssey do compared to it.
Regardless, PlatinumGames and Atlus are the two non-Sonic shining gems of SEGA at this point.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2137 Posted: 01:07:42 18/03/2019 | Topic Creator
I actually prefer if it's on the Switch rather than multiplatform. All three big companies (being Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo) need more 3rd party exclusive IPs, ESPECIALLY Microsoft.

Personally I disagree, but to each their own. *shrug* I agree with the latter point at least, however.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:08:02 18/03/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2138 Posted: 15:40:13 19/03/2019
While they can make games more accessible in some cases, game streaming will only damage the industry in the long run. With games streaming, you don't actually own the game you want to play, its so far been a pay-to-play service where you pay a monthly fee for the library and get your options revoked if you stop paying, and it can isolate those who live in rural areas or do not have easy access to wi-fi. It's because of these I'm so opposed to Xbox Game Pass and the rumored streaming only Xbox and Google consoles.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2139 Posted: 03:30:15 20/03/2019
People hating on Fortnite nowadays and calling it stupid and cringeworthy without actually giving the game any valid criticisms are worse than anything that has come out of the Fortnite community and are one of the many signs that our generation is slowly but surely growing into the "today's things suck!!! You see back in MY day we had this and it was way better" phase of their lives.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:07 20/03/2019 by pankakesparx456
#2140 Posted: 04:22:04 20/03/2019
People hating on Fortnite nowadays and calling it stupid and cringeworthy without actually giving the game any valid criticisms are worse than anything that has come out of the Fortnite community and are one of the many signs that our generation is slowly but surely growing into the "today's things suck!!! You see back in MY day we had this and it was way better" phase of their lives.

I really consider the only valid complaint "it's just not my style of games". I just don't like battle royales because they aren't the type of game I like to play in my spare time, therefore I don't like Fortnite.
Another complaint I have is the blatant cash grabbing of battle passes or having concerts in game, but that isn't just a Fortnite thing, it's a modern gaming thing.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2141 Posted: 04:25:28 20/03/2019 | Topic Creator
I found it boring to play, personally, but I don't necessarily understand the hate for it either.
---
#2142 Posted: 07:43:28 20/03/2019
While they can make games more accessible in some cases, game streaming will only damage the industry in the long run. With games streaming, you don't actually own the game you want to play, its so far been a pay-to-play service where you pay a monthly fee for the library and get your options revoked if you stop paying, and it can isolate those who live in rural areas or do not have easy access to wi-fi. It's because of these I'm so opposed to Xbox Game Pass and the rumored streaming only Xbox and Google consoles.

I think it'll go the way of digital; people will get used to it, and it'll take as long as it needs. It doesn't have to be immediate; you could have a digital copy you own (ha!), and encourage streaming with the Cloud with things such as destruction, which Crackdown 3 originally offered ("Power of the Cloud"), or additional perks. Even on consoles, the home of physical gaming, we require additional downloads to begin playing the thing - no internet? No game, even if it's lower than a megabyte. I don't trust publishers and developers with allowing me to play my games any time I please in the future, so long as a download is required.

I see the benefits of game streaming, but they're not enough for me to want to go along with it right now. Maybe that'll change when I've got better internet, like when I started gaming on PC and had a decent connection.
#2143 Posted: 23:20:22 20/03/2019
tbh, Eggman's design in Sonic 06 is not that bad. It's really mismatched for the game and his character in it, the eyes are terrible (but almost always obscured, so I excuse it), and his other designs (including all the cartoon ones) are better, but I never got why people hated how he looks in 06. I daresay there are a couple of cool aspects to it, and they did a good job adapting his shapes without getting Uncanny Valley.

If you're wondering after I said this, I agree with the general consensus about movie Sonic, it's not as bad as expected but not really good either. They did an acceptable job for the direction they're going in but there's really no reason to go in that direction for Sonic and it feels like it's chasing a fad that passed...

On that topic most of the Pokémon in Detective Pikachu look GREAT.

Tbh, modern Sonic hasn't been quite as expressive as he should be and I feel some of the potential in the design is unutilised. Sonic himself still has one of the best character designs of all time tho.

And while I'm talking about Sonic, gonna say that franchises getting wacky and having bad but experimental entries is a lot better than the same thing over and over. Even Zelda is fairly experimental in tone, and it pays off for that series, Mario is experimental in mechanics.

I think Zelda as a series is sort of overrated, although most of its individual games are rated fairly, but I'd still say it and Mario are basically perfect examples of keeping core appeal and not alienating anyone while staying fresh. It helps that their releases are spaced out as well but they still do better than most game series.

When you have a franchise that tries to stay the same because it's what the fans are asking for, you get Ratchet & Clank which just tried to chase its former glory for ages and then had a simplified reboot and it just has a boring history. Spyro, Sonic and Crash have interesting histories to look back on (so imo are more worth digging into), give them that.
---
#2144 Posted: 23:27:39 20/03/2019
Drawdler I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but have you noticed you start with a hot take then your explanation shows exactly why it's a hot take and not actually fitting what you just presented

Eggman is out of place. He has golden nipnop buttons. ALL other designs are better. That's exactly all there is to it.
---
I do art!
#2145 Posted: 04:22:51 23/03/2019
1. Breath of the Wild
2. Wind Waker
3. Majora's Mask
4. A Link Between Worlds
5. A Link to the Past
6. Minish Cap
7. OG Legend of Zelda
8. Ocarina of Time
9. Twilight Princess

I just honestly don't have the same fondness for Ocarina and TP like everyone else I guess.

- - -

Also General Reposti from a different topic:

tomorrow is the P5R reveal aaaah

crossing my fingers for a female protag, LGBT romance options, and a switch port, but none of those are really likely at all

As much as people are wanting or even expecting those, I honestly don't think P5R is gonna be anything big. I fully expect Persona 5 Racing tomorrow.

HOWEVER, if P5R is an expanded version of Persona 5 and not a spinoff, I'll eat my Joker cosplay. For every thing listed above that gets announced, I'll eat a different Persona game.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:30:22 23/03/2019 by Vespi
#2146 Posted: 08:07:22 24/03/2019
standards for options menus in vidya are far too low

even for pc games can be low although they're much better for obvious reasons. a 60fps "performance mode" should be standard for almost all console games (like, everything besides whatever genre life is strange is) as well and button mapping probably should be too (60fps a ****ing boon that honestly fixes some games itself and makes replays a lot smoother and button mapping, in addition to fixing certain games and simply providing customisation, doubles as accessibility- i heard the ps4/xone actually have this as a console option though which is fantastic if it's true, though of course you would want different configurations for some games and i don't have any experience with it)

also, cheat codes are basically hidden options (i mean, they were literally debugging options in the third generation), and with how rare good ones are nowadays options have actually regressed greatly

it's just kinda sad options menus haven't evolved whatsoever honestly

did you know mario kart doesn't even have volume sliders (or even on/off switches for sounds)? that's how low the standard is
---
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4988
#2147 Posted: 01:55:51 25/03/2019
Smash 3DS > Smash Wii U
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 6963
#2148 Posted: 09:51:44 25/03/2019
rune factory 2 is the worst out of all them.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
#2149 Posted: 14:17:45 26/03/2019
Persona is the only classic style JRPG that actually feels satisfying to play. The older guard, like the Final Fantasy series, have always felt extremely boring to me, no matter how many times I've tried them.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2786
#2150 Posted: 19:37:34 26/03/2019
Skyrim belongs to the Nords, the Empire is obselete, and Ulfric is a hero.
---
sometimes that japanese future funk be hittin tho...
First | Previous | Page 43 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me