Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 41 of 47 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2904
#2001 Posted: 14:18:52 28/10/2018
I'd rather have a game that doesn't have as good graphics but runs smoothly than a game with amazing graphics that crashes and lags every 5 minutes
---
sometimes that japanese future funk be hittin tho...
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1099
#2002 Posted: 17:42:10 29/10/2018
Quote: Vespi
I don't know if it's unpopular but Pokemon Moon is my absolute favorite in the series.

THANK YOU. Sun and Moon have gotten so much undeserved ****. USUM sort of deserves it to a point (mainly because it ****ed up my favorite story elements), but Sun and Moon themselves are beautiful games.
---
”So, I will walk through the fire,
Cause where else can I turn?”
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2747
#2003 Posted: 10:43:36 03/11/2018
Deltarune’s soundtrack has some good songs, but is just okay overall.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1367
#2004 Posted: 13:10:54 03/11/2018
Rock solid in Conker L&R is one of the best levels ever in a video game.
---
"Shooting YouTubers in a barrel".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:11:09 03/11/2018 by exefile
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2904
#2005 Posted: 14:44:32 03/11/2018
Don't know how popular/unpopular this is but in terms of Fallout New Vegas endings:

NCR>Independent>Mr. House>>>>>>>>Caesar's Legion
---
sometimes that japanese future funk be hittin tho...
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1394
#2006 Posted: 18:55:38 13/11/2018
really really unpopular opinion but literally nothing about the mega man x games are good
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
#2007 Posted: 19:13:20 13/11/2018
really really unpopular opinion but literally nothing about the mega man x games are good

what about the voice acting?
---
#2008 Posted: 20:35:52 13/11/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark

what about the voice acting?

it’s also bad but not as bad as other games
---
(◕︿◕✿)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2009 Posted: 13:46:44 14/11/2018
I honestly don't like that they chose Incineroar for smash

Don't get me wrong, it definantly made sense, but it was too obvious and Incineroar is just really bland in itself

Like honestly, they should've chose Tapu Koko, it would've made sense for a playable character, and he is pretty popular(Although I don't know his popularity in Japan)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5200
#2010 Posted: 15:16:17 14/11/2018
It irritates me when people think the OG Pokemon anime theme song is the theme for the entire franchise.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#2011 Posted: 18:13:08 14/11/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Don't get me wrong, it definantly made sense, but it was too obvious and Incineroar is just really bland in itself

Like honestly, they should've chose Tapu Koko, it would've made sense for a playable character, and he is pretty popular(Although I don't know his popularity in Japan)

I agree. The Alola region has so many interesting new Pokemon, it's kind of depressing that they picked the absolute most obvious choice. Plus, we already have a 2 Fire type reps with Charizard and Incineroar, 2 Waters in Squirtle and Greninja, 2 Darks in Greninja and Inceneroar, 2 Electrics with Pikachu and Pichu, then 1 Grass with Ivysaur, 1 Fairy in Jigglypuff, 1 Steel and Fighting with Lucario, and one Psychic with Mewtwo. Where's my Ghost, Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground, Ice, Poison, Flying, literally anything else?

Also, we have 6 Kanto reps, 1 Johto rep, 1 Sinnoh rep, 1 Kalos rep, and 1 Alolan rep. If we're gonna have a whopping 10 Pokemon reps in Smash, couldn't at least one of them be from Hoenn or Unova?
inb4 Gen 8 Smash rep as DLC
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2012 Posted: 18:47:37 14/11/2018

I agree. The Alola region has so many interesting new Pokemon, it's kind of depressing that they picked the absolute most obvious choice. Plus, we already have a 2 Fire type reps with Charizard and Incineroar, 2 Waters in Squirtle and Greninja, 2 Darks in Greninja and Inceneroar, 2 Electrics with Pikachu and Pichu, then 1 Grass with Ivysaur, 1 Fairy in Jigglypuff, 1 Steel and Fighting with Lucario, and one Psychic with Mewtwo. Where's my Ghost, Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground, Ice, Poison, Flying, literally anything else?

Also, we have 6 Kanto reps, 1 Johto rep, 1 Sinnoh rep, 1 Kalos rep, and 1 Alolan rep. If we're gonna have a whopping 10 Pokemon reps in Smash, couldn't at least one of them be from Hoenn or Unova?
inb4 Gen 8 Smash rep as DLC

Just add all the Pokémon. It’ll satisfy everyone.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10200
#2013 Posted: 14:56:49 15/11/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
It irritates me when people think the OG Pokemon anime theme song is the theme for the entire franchise.

Agreed. There's a convention I go to every year and I swear every time a Pokemon cosplayer goes on stage during the cosplay contest, they play the Pokemon Theme even if that character/species wasn't around in the original series.
---
#SobbleSquad
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5701
#2014 Posted: 22:36:01 15/11/2018
While excited for Borderlands 3, I don't need it right now/it's fine if Gearbox wants to work on other games first. This may seem "obvious" but not if you read all the comments on literally every post Gearbox or Borderlands makes on Twitter or Facebook :)))))
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#2015 Posted: 22:56:37 15/11/2018
Quote: DragonCamo
While excited for Borderlands 3, I don't need it right now/it's fine if Gearbox wants to work on other games first. This may seem "obvious" but not if you read all the comments on literally every post Gearbox or Borderlands makes on Twitter or Facebook smilie))))

I agree, I just don’t think the Pre-Sequel or Borderlands 2 VR were things we needed. I would have preferred a much longer wait between 2 and 3 instead of a halfassed Pre-Sequel and a VR port.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6367
#2016 Posted: 02:26:06 16/11/2018
I am not that hyped for Smash Ultimate. I think it looks incredibly underwhelming. Not worth full price to me.

However, I'm going to get it at launch anyway because they have me in a stranglehold with that "you get Pirahna Plant free if you buy within the first two months or so" BS.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8725
#2017 Posted: 22:55:40 19/11/2018
I think the music in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is disappointing and full of wasted opportunities.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1367
#2018 Posted: 09:00:48 20/11/2018
I'd much rather a game that isn't scared to change what already works or try something risky but isn't very well designed/polished, rather than a game that is very polished but doesn't make every section stand out like it's a separate game altogether.

Examples are:
Rayman 3 making every level feel very different. (Desert of the Knaaren has a very different look and atmosphere than Clearleaf Forest).
Sonic Unleashed (HD) giving every area it's own geometry and style to make it feel like you're actually traveling around the world and going really far.
Mario Odyssey makes every kingdom look very different from one another like a bunch of different worlds from other games are mixed with each other.
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live and Reloaded can't keep itself consistent at all and that's one big reason I love it, it's like little snippets from completely different games are mixed together in one big collection that just so happens to have one big story and the same characters throughout the whole thing.
(spoilers)
The Spooky, It's War and Heist chapters are all so vastly different from the rest of the game and eachother in the art style, gameplay, music and humor, they feel like completely different games crammed into one. (Which is not a bad thing at all. I actually really like when games do that.)
---
"Shooting YouTubers in a barrel".
Lava Fella Red Sparx Gems: 53
#2019 Posted: 04:41:59 24/11/2018
Yokai Watch’s core games are more fun than Pokemon’s lackluster turn-based RPG formula.

While YW is technically ALSO turn-based, each turn is quick as a flash, keeping the battles fast-paced. Also, you don’t control your yokai, they make decisions themselves. You micromanage everything else about the battle, such as purifying status effects by rotating your party (literally rotating), supplying items, charging special “ultimate” skills, and generally controlling which three yokai are on the field at a time.

Level-5 also knows when to change up their battle style and improve between games.

Pokemon hasn’t changed a thing about their core battle style, but it’s certainly NOT because it doesn’t need to be changed. All they do about the battle mechanics is toss in a gimmick—and then irritatingly remove it the next game.

Actually, “Yokai Watch is good” seems to be unpopular as an opinion on its own.
---
*fwooooot!*
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 3964
#2020 Posted: 14:54:28 14/12/2018
Nintendo sucks.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
#2021 Posted: 15:48:51 14/12/2018
As much as I love Nintendo and the Switch, Nintendo really needs to step up their games graphically. They need to be at least to close to where PS4 and Xbox are now, but even better, at the same level to the eventual follow up consoles to those systems. Any games they dont get due to graphical power is Nintendo's fault and their fault alone.

That, and they should give more attention to their lesser used IPs like Star Fox and Kid Icarus. Both have so much potential, but they're either just a near remake of an old game (Star Fox Zero) or for whatever reason, despite selling decently/well, isn't continued (Kid Icarus). Both of these franchises have thd potential to be FE tier in popularity, if not more so.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#2022 Posted: 15:57:59 14/12/2018
As much as I love Nintendo and the Switch, Nintendo really needs to step up their games graphically. They need to be at least to close to where PS4 and Xbox are now, but even better, at the same level to the eventual follow up consoles to those systems. Any games they dont get due to graphical power is Nintendo's fault and their fault alone.

That, and they should give more attention to their lesser used IPs like Star Fox and Kid Icarus. Both have so much potential, but they're either just a near remake of an old game (Star Fox Zero) or for whatever reason, despite selling decently/well, isn't continued (Kid Icarus). Both of these franchises have thd potential to be FE tier in popularity, if not more so.

[User Posted Image]

Yep sure do

And I know you could call me out for cherry picking, but still, I don't see the problem
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:20 14/12/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5369
#2023 Posted: 16:02:14 14/12/2018
Graphics have NEVER mattered to me, I don't care how a game looks as long as it's fun to play and is properly functional. I don't want devs to be completely busting their **** over graphics if it means the games are overall gonna suffer for it. If I wanted to see really good CGI, I'd go see a movie.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
ThunderEgg Blue Sparx Gems: 747
#2024 Posted: 16:47:11 14/12/2018
Quote: kardonis
Graphics have NEVER mattered to me, I don't care how a game looks as long as it's fun to play and is properly functional. I don't want devs to be completely busting their **** over graphics if it means the games are overall gonna suffer for it. If I wanted to see really good CGI, I'd go see a movie.

smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SAME!
---
I AM ETERNAL!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8725
#2025 Posted: 17:29:46 14/12/2018
Frame rate matters far more to me than graphics. I'd rather graphical fidelity be sacrificed for a more stable game than have a game that looks pretty, but runs sloppily or is locked to 30 FPS. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6008
#2026 Posted: 17:57:15 14/12/2018 | Topic Creator
This post is going to come off as extremely rambly because I just woke up, so expect me to revise the ever-living **** out of it later. lmao

It isn't necessarily in the graphical department specifically that Nintendo needs to step it up, but rather in the hardware department in general.
Nintendo's consoles continue to be outdated pretty much as soon as they come out because of poor decisions (HD is a meme fad xD) and they often use tech that's been outdated for years. (Thanks, Wii U smilie)

This is why Nintendo's third-party support has been pretty abysmal for these past few years.
The majority of the big third-party titles that get released on their competitors' consoles don't run nearly as well on Nintendo platforms, and this often pushes both developers/publishers and potential consumers away from Nintendo's products.

Developers and publishers don't want to develop for Nintendo's consoles past a certain point because the amount of extra time and money needed is often not worth it for making a less-than-stellar port.
(The kind of port that only a sheltered Nintentard could like)

The Switch is a good step in the right direction, but it's still not up to par with today's standards.
I'll give it a bit of slack because it's a semi-mobile device, so of course it isn't nearly as powerful as its competitors (As much as the entitled Nintendrone would like to try to argue otherwise), but that doesn't really matter when it comes to third-party support.

I appreciate that Nintendo likes trying to have a different experience from Microsoft and Sony (Who both try to emulate the PC experience), but it's doing little to help them in the long run.
Their gimmicks have been pretty hit-or-miss (Motion controls with the Wii, GamePad with the Wii U, 3D with the 3DS, etc.), and I feel that even the novelty of the Switch will wear off soon enough.

Regardless, I'd love (And prefer) for them to make a console on par with their competitors because it saddens me to see games like Breath of The Wild run like ass on both of the consoles it's on and see uneducated people defending that.
(Also do recall that better graphics =/= making everything overly realistic, as a lot of people don't seem to understand that for whatever reason)

Tl;dr: Nintendo needs to step it up in the hardware department in general, not just so that their already amazing looking games can look even more amazing, but so that they can run better as well.
They also need to do this to secure better, more competent third-party support in the long run as well. (Which will only draw more customers to their consoles as well)

Quote: ThunderEgg
SAME!

You two are the type of people that I'm referring to above, as you don't realize that your preferences don't matter in the eyes of the industry as a whole. (Both the developer/publisher side of things, as well as the greater consumer side)
While HIHD shouldn't have used the term "graphically" specifically, hardware as a whole is why Nintendo's third-party support is subpar at best.

What you (The unanimous "you", not just you two specifically) prefer doesn't suddenly make Nintendo's consoles strong enough to run big games like Red Dead Redemption II and keep developers and publishers porting to the console.
(Nor does it draw in potential customers who'd love to have a game like that on a Nintendo console, but end up having to buy another console like the PS4 or XBO instead because they want the game to actually run at more than 5 fps)

Quote: Knight Wolf
Nintendo sucks.

As a company? Maybe. (And even then I'd probably just say that they're incompetent sometimes, not bad per se) They have a ****ton of good games, however.
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 19:47:40 14/12/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#2027 Posted: 18:06:50 14/12/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
It isn't necessarily in the graphical department specifically that Nintendo needs to step it up, but rather in the hardware department in general.

Nintendo's consoles continue to be outdated pretty much as soon as they come out because of poor decisions (HD is a meme fad xD) and they often use tech that's been outdated for years. (Thanks, Wii U)

This is why Nintendo's third-party support has been pretty abysmal for these past few years.
The majority of the big third-party titles that get released on their competitors' consoles don't run nearly as well on Nintendo platforms, and this often pushes both developers/publishers and potential consumers away from Nintendo's products.

Developers and publishers don't want to developer for Nintendo's consoles past a certain point because the amount of extra time and money needed is often not worth it for making a less-than-stellar port. (The kind of port that only a sheltered Nintentard could like)

The Switch is a good step in the right direction, but it's still not up to par with today's standards.
I'll give it a bit of slack because it's a semi-mobile device, so of course it isn't nearly as powerful as its competitors (As much as the entitled Nitendrone would like to try to argue otherwise), but that doesn't really matter when it comes to third-party support.

I appreciate that Nintendo likes trying to have a different experience from Microsoft and Sony, who try to emulate the PC experience, but it's doing little to help them in the long run. Their gimmicks have been pretty hit-or-miss, and I feel that even the novelty of the Switch will wear off soon enough.

Regardless, I'd love (And prefer) to make a console on par with their competitors because it saddens me to see games like Breath of The Wild run like ass on both of the consoles it's on and see uneducated people defending that.
Recall that better graphics =/= making everything overall realistic as well, as a lot of people don't seem to understand that for whatever reason.

Tl;dr: Nintendo needs to step it up in the hardware department in general, not just so that their already amazing looking games can look even more amazing, but so that they can run better as well.
They also need to do this to secure better, more competent third-party support in the long run as well.

Quote: ThunderEgg
SAME!

You two are the "sheltered" people that I'm referring to, as you don't realize that your preferences don't matter in this context. While HIHD shouldn't have used the term "graphically" specifically, hardware as a whole is why Nintendo's third-party support is sub par at best.

What you prefer doesn't suddenly make Nintendo's consoles strong enough to run big games like Read Dead Redemption II and keep developers and publishers porting to the console, nor does it draw in potential customers who'd love to have a game like that on a Nintendo console.

Quote: Knight Wolf
Nintendo sucks.

lol k

Not to be mean, but that's not what they're saying

They are just saying they don't care what the graphics are like just as long as the game is still playable

I mean, I understand the point you are making, but this part does make you kinda sound a bit more, "higher-up" I guess is how I'd describe it

Maybe I'm not getting exactly what you're saying, and if that is the case, then I'm sorry
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2028 Posted: 18:14:50 14/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Not to be mean, but that's not what they're saying

They are just saying they don't care what the graphics are like just as long as the game is still playable

I mean, I understand the point you are making, but this part does make you kinda sound a bit more, "higher-up" I guess is how I'd describe it

Maybe I'm not getting exactly what you're saying, and if that is the case, then I'm sorry

It's what they're implying, though. By responding to what HIHD said in such a manner, they're basically saying that they don't think there is a problem because of their preferences, when that clearly isn't the case.
They probably (Or at least hopefully) didn't mean it that way, but the implication is there.

If I'm coming off as acting like I'm "higher-up" (I assume you mean high horse?) that's because, while I love Nintendo's games, I'm not blinded by loyalty to them when it comes to their poor decisions and outdated tech.
Not saying that the two of them are either, just pointing out the flaw in their respective statements.

(I'm also still kind of groggy from waking up, and the weather sucks, so I might be coming off as irritable when I don't mean to be ;; )
---

#YangGang
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 19:51:05 14/12/2018 by Sesshomaru75
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6752
#2029 Posted: 18:33:23 14/12/2018
I think the games look fine myself, but Nintendo should look for better hardware to allow the already good looking games to run better and have more storage. How about that?

Also online that's not **** but that ain't news for Nintendo or unpopular.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:39 14/12/2018 by Bifrost
#2030 Posted: 18:35:29 14/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
I think the games look fine myself, but Nintendo should look for better hardware to allow the already good looking games to run better and have more storage. How about that?

Also online that's not **** but that ain't news for Nintendo or unpopular.

That's basically what I mean, though obviously better graphical fidelity would also naturally come with better hardware either way. Stylistically their games are great, but they can obviously still look and run better as well.

And for real. lol
---

#YangGang
#2031 Posted: 18:38:22 14/12/2018
I should have said hardware as a whole, yeah. Forgive me, I rushed through it while in the bathroom at work.

And, yeah, having up to date hardware is an absolute must for Nintendo for their next consoles, whether its (Hopefully) portable or not. They're pretty much just above a generation behind and that's gonna change throughout its life span and not in the good way.
---
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5166
#2032 Posted: 18:47:15 14/12/2018
I would say graphics are pretty important to games nowadays. If I were to watch a movie and it looked like it was filmed on a dsi It would make the experience less enjoyable even if the story in it is good. But yeah I wish Nintendo could be a bit better with how they handle consoles and how powerful they are.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6367
#2033 Posted: 03:33:17 15/12/2018
I think Nintendo games are already at a point where they look as good as they need to in terms of model quality and lighting and such. All they really need is to consistently meet their performance targets now and to have consistent HD resolutions too. A lot of Switch games run at sub-HD resolutions especially in portable mode where they can't even be displayed in the screen's native 720p resolution. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for example is around 240p in portable, which is almost exactly a 3DS resolution, and it still has performance drops. Personally, I think it's a waste to have a 720p screen if you know most games aren't going to touch it. The YouTube app is probably where I'd get the most use out of it lol.

I emulate many Wii U games at 4K60 in CEMU, a Wii U emulator, and some of those Wii U games look drop dead gorgeous. Nintendo has the art direction, they just need that horsepower.

I don't expect to see any progress on this for a long while though.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
#2034 Posted: 03:35:34 15/12/2018 | Topic Creator
^ Yeah, pretty much. I don't have much more to contribute because you basically nailed it on the head. smilie
---

#YangGang
#2035 Posted: 03:49:46 15/12/2018
While some might disagree, while I do want Nintendo do have a jump is general hardware, I want them to also keep the portable aspect of the system. It's just too good.

Hopefully, this rumored revised Nintendo Switch for 2019 is indeed true, and is stronger is pretty much every way.
---
#2036 Posted: 03:52:25 15/12/2018 | Topic Creator
While some might disagree, while I do want Nintendo do have a jump is general hardware, I want them to also keep the portable aspect of the system. It's just too good.

Hopefully, this rumored revised Nintendo Switch for 2019 is indeed true, and is stronger is pretty much every way.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Maybe for the next console, but I doubt it going forward for too much longer after that.

And the revised Switch isn't stronger as far as I'm aware.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:53:20 15/12/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#2037 Posted: 03:53:30 15/12/2018

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Maybe for the next console, but I doubt it going forward for too long.

And the revised Switch isn't stronger as far as I'm aware.

May I ask where you heard about the details of the revised Switch?
---
#2038 Posted: 03:56:19 15/12/2018 | Topic Creator

I recall hearing about it from multiple sources, but this was a few months back by now, so I don't remember anything off of the top of my head other than not being impressed by it for one reason or another.
(If anything I remember being disappointed, just not why)

My advice is to not get your hopes up either way regardless.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:59:43 15/12/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#2039 Posted: 04:04:07 15/12/2018

I recall hearing about it from multiple sources, but this was a few months back by now, so I don't remember anything off of the top of my head other than not being impressed by it for one reason or another.
(If anything I remember being disappointed, just not why)

My advice is to not get your hopes up either way regardless.

-----
---
#2040 Posted: 08:09:02 15/12/2018
Honestly my main grile with the new Pokémon game (aside from the
catching comtrols) is the fact that somethings take too long. For example, in a battle, I select a move and sometimes the game just pauses for like 5 seconds.

This is probably a hardware thing. So I hope Nintendo up their hardware.
---
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7176
#2041 Posted: 17:59:58 15/12/2018
im indifferent to nintendo, i like some of their games like zelda and pokemon. however, i think they need to give their other series a chance in the spotlight. it was metroids 30th anniversary a few years back and they didn't really do anything (unless taking down a fangame and releasing a 3ds theme counts..) but LoZ gets a concert, an amiibo series, breath of the wild was announced and i think skyward sword for the wii u was dropped all in the same year.

i do think they're changing little by little, having 3rd party support for their console was a good addition. and from i understand metroid is having a new game release sometime soon?

edit: i understand that this could be closely tied to zelda being much more popular than metroid, however i consider metroid to be one of their most beloved series, up there with mario and zelda...so...(shrugs) i could be wrong about all this lol.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:31 15/12/2018 by parisruelz12
#2042 Posted: 18:35:24 15/12/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
im indifferent to nintendo, i like some of their games like zelda and pokemon. however, i think they need to give their other series a chance in the spotlight. it was metroids 30th anniversary a few years back and they didn't really do anything (unless taking down a fangame and releasing a 3ds theme counts..) but LoZ gets a concert, an amiibo series, breath of the wild was announced and i think skyward sword for the wii u was dropped all in the same year.

i do think they're changing little by little, having 3rd party support for their console was a good addition. and from i understand metroid is having a new game release sometime soon?

edit: i understand that this could be closely tied to zelda being much more popular than metroid, however i consider metroid to be one of their most beloved series, up there with mario and zelda...so...(shrugs) i could be wrong about all this lol.

SEE?

Metroid, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, and F freakin Zero have potential to be Fire Emblem/Animal Crossing Tier franchises, but Nintendo doesn't give them the time of day because they're not Mario, Zelda or Pokemon, because they don't make money. The reason they don't make money is because Nintendo just doesn't promote them as well as they should, thinking it being a Nintendo game will help it alone.

They really should make the above 4 primary franchises like Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, FE and AC because it'll add variety to their IPs and merchandise. That adds major appeal to people. I LOVE Mario as a franchise, but I'm not gonna buy much merch (Outside of that Cool Mario VS Bowser Figure set), but you ****ing know I'd get anything related to Kid Icarus.

They're missing out on money that IS there, but they won't do anything about it.
---
#2043 Posted: 13:42:17 17/12/2018
fire emblem isn't that popular lol. the promblem with Metroid is that the series has a really big identity crisis as.they don't know where they want the series to go. This could be a result from a lack of constant releases. Star fox is in a weird place because rail shooters arent that popular in the market right now and again the series having a big identity crisis with where they want the series to go. Kid Icarus is a basically a new franchise now after sakurai rebooted it into something different. Unfortunately it was the first game that project sora produced and last as they shut down. Maybe sora ltd will pick up the series but who knows what will happen. The promblem with f zero is that it competes with Mario kart. That's literally it. I can see Splatoon being the next big franchise as it already sold as much as fire emblem after 2 games and it being a multiplayer shooter.
Splatoon battle Royale when
#2044 Posted: 13:53:49 17/12/2018
Quote: somePerson
fire emblem isn't that popular lol. the promblem with Metroid is that the series has a really big identity crisis as.they don't know where they want the series to go. This could be a result from a lack of constant releases. Star fox is in a weird place because rail shooters arent that popular in the market right now and again the series having a big identity crisis with where they want the series to go. Kid Icarus is a basically a new franchise now after sakurai rebooted it into something different. Unfortunately it was the first game that project sora produced and last as they shut down. Maybe sora ltd will pick up the series but who knows what will happen. The promblem with f zero is that it competes with Mario kart. That's literally it. I can see Splatoon being the next big franchise as it already sold as much as fire emblem after 2 games and it being a multiplayer shooter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2045 Posted: 14:02:33 17/12/2018

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wii fit plus made more money than the entirety of fire emblem. the games themselves made under 2 million which is still good but again Splatoon 2 made 7 million. Just because you see people talk about a thing doesn't mean that thing is that popular.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:15:38 17/12/2018 by somePerson
#2046 Posted: 16:11:22 17/12/2018 | Topic Creator
fire emblem isn't that popular lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's literally the case, though. :/ It's been given a lot of attention by Nintendo recently, but it still isn't as popular as some of the other big Nintendo franchises like Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, etc.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:15:24 17/12/2018 by Sesshomaru75
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3264
#2047 Posted: 19:58:47 17/12/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
it was metroids 30th anniversary a few years back and they didn't really do anything (unless taking down a fangame and releasing a 3ds theme counts..)

Yeah Metroid is in a much better place now (not only did they release Samus Returns, a great 3DS game, but they're also making Prime 4 for the Switch), so that's not the best example of a forgotten franchise, but I completely agree that Nintendo could give more attention to their lesser know IPs. I love some good Mario spin-offs but I also wanna see they handle other franchises, and most of their revivals are wonderful (Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kid Icarus: Uprising can tell), and that's what's most exciting about it.
---
Funny Spooky
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:22 17/12/2018 by Crash10
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4655
#2048 Posted: 20:31:38 17/12/2018
I like post-ND Crash (Twinsanity,CTTR,COTT,CMOM) games better. They have better story and character writing, doesn't used the same 4-5 level setting in all levels of the games and have more cutscenes. I don't like the redesign of Crash and Coco in NST, Crash looks really off and stupid. Coco looks like a 10 years old hoe I mean srsly she has make-up on her face, polished nails... not even teen Coco had that.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#2049 Posted: 20:43:12 17/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: XSparxX
I like post-ND Crash (Twinsanity,CTTR,COTT,CMOM) games better. They have better story and character writing, doesn't used the same 4-5 level setting in all levels of the games and have more cutscenes. I don't like the redesign of Crash and Coco in NST, Crash looks really off and stupid. Coco looks like a 10 years old hoe I mean srsly she has make-up on her face, polished nails... not even teen Coco had that.

- - -
---

#YangGang
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4655
#2050 Posted: 23:35:26 18/12/2018
Quote: XSparxX

- - -

Cute.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
First | Previous | Page 41 of 47 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me