Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Blaster-Tron
View Results
First | Previous | Page 39 of 39
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5763
#1901 Posted: 13:58:31 07/08/2018
I want to actually enjoy the story tho, not have to endure Mash X Simulator to get to the next story. Superbosses and deliberately challenging quests aside, requiring more than a few minutes of grinding isn't exactly good game design on singleplayer.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 6181
#1902 Posted: 16:48:01 07/08/2018
Quote: fyra
Complaining about grind in rpgs is pointless....enjoy the story and the world instead.

play bravely default and then come talk to me
---
looks like ive got some things to do
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5070
#1903 Posted: 07:40:43 08/08/2018
aqua from kingdom hearts is overrated. just find her boring :\
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 09:23:30 09/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 7805
#1904 Posted: 17:20:32 10/08/2018
I don't want Geno getting into Smash. I get he's popular, but he was in one cult classic RPG. The Smash roster has a couple of head-scratchers, yeah, but for the most part I look at it and see many of gaming's biggest icons. Geno is not that in the slightest. Keep him as a Mii costume or make him an Assist Trophy.
---
*borks loudly* :3
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 4207
#1905 Posted: 18:05:08 10/08/2018
Quote: HIR
I don't want Geno getting into Smash. I get he's popular, but he was in one cult classic RPG. The Smash roster has a couple of head-scratchers, yeah, but for the most part I look at it and see many of gaming's biggest icons. Geno is not that in the slightest. Keep him as a Mii costume or make him an Assist Trophy.

to be fair most of the most wanted characters come from games that many people who want them havent played
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5669
#1906 Posted: 13:11:52 11/08/2018
Quote: HIR

The problem is that Smash is well past the point of being able to add more characters that are super mainstream that aren't just more Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters, or third-party.

Even Ridley and K. Rool are specifically popular in the Smash fanbase, not outside of it. In the mainstream gaming community they're pretty unknown.

So at this point, all they can do is add characters that the Smash fanbase wants, or new characters that market upcoming or recent games. Or third parties.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1765
#1907 Posted: 10:10:11 14/08/2018
Minor Octopath Spoilers
The One They Call Witch > Daughter Of The Dark God
---
Now the true lesson begins!
#1908 Posted: 12:03:23 14/08/2018
Octopath related - I'm not sure casual stories work as a gimmick at all. The characters have all potential, but you can't really just hand them a simple plot+motivation and develop nearly to no traits before going over to the next one. This is probably just Chapter 1's very BOTW-y problem, but it'd be a hard sell for me to spend 8 hours not being allowed to care for half of the main characters for most of that.

World spanning plots got popular because you can constantly throw characters in peril and see what they're really made of. If it's a simpler objective(again,so far) you have to be a little more eccentric, as done with Cyrus, so you're interested in something contained in its own world.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5669
#1909 Posted: 19:47:54 14/08/2018
I love a lot of Nintendo games and characters and even find some of their key developers to be inspirational, but the toxicity and hive mind of the Nintendo fanbase coupled with Nintendo's corporate decisions makes me refrain from calling myself a Nintendo fan.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5000
#1910 Posted: 20:02:33 14/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I love a lot of Nintendo games and characters and even find some of their key developers to be inspirational, but the toxicity and hive mind of the Nintendo fanbase coupled with Nintendo's corporate decisions makes me refrain from calling myself a Nintendo fan.

That's honestly how I've been feeling about the whole thing as of late. I'm actually glad to see someone who feels similarly on the subject for once, as I haven't seen much agreement on the subject in the places that I often frequent.

Some of my favorite franchises (Especially Zelda) and characters are from Nintendo.
That said, the "Nintendo can do no wrong" mentality that a lot of people in the fanbase have, as well as some of the decisions that Nintendo makes as a company, make it hard for me to really feel comfortable calling myself a Nintendo fan.

I've ended up preferring Sony by a large margin recently because of this.
Of course I'll admit that Sony obviously isn't perfect either, and that both its fanbase and corporate decisions have plenty of problems as well.
But lately I've been exposed to a lot more negativity and bad decisions from the Nintendo side of things, and it's honestly left a sour taste in my mouth.

It's unfortunate because I really want to love both equally, but Nintendo and I haven't really been seeing eye to eye as of late.
I'll admit that they've made some better decisions as of late, but it seems every good decision they make is followed by five bad ones.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, semi-unrelated, but I kind of dislike how this site seems to be so focused on Nintendo IPs (And even then only a few) when it comes to discussing games and nothing more, save for the annual flavor of the month indie title and third-party franchise.

It often makes discussion of the medium on here feel like a drag, and that everything is just the same old thing without much variety at all. :/ (I'm obviously not counting Spyro or Skylanders, since that's what the entire site is dedicated to anyways)
---
Long live the king!
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 00:38:57 15/08/2018 by Sesshomaru75
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#1911 Posted: 20:06:26 14/08/2018

I mean, I'm still a Nintendo fan, but yeah, I'd have to agree with you

-----

Yeah, I wish people would talk about more games

I also Play Paladins aside from Overwatch, and I haven't seen anyone say that they've played, or even heard of it

------------------

Titanic Monarch is one of the worst designed levels I have ever played in a video game, and it really is a blemish, since the rest of Sonic Mania is amazing
---
"This isn't just you being gay is it?"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:16:10 15/08/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4222
#1912 Posted: 02:35:30 15/08/2018

I consider myself a major Nintendo fan, but I do agree with you. On the Nintendo subreddit, many of the users come off as holier than thou, because Nintendo.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#1913 Posted: 12:15:05 15/08/2018
People who say that Mario Odyssey has no difficulty have never tried to 100% the game and only say that they did so people trust their statement

-----

I have to say, I don't think games should use live systems, Mario Odyssey proved that a game can be just fine without a life system, so I think they are kind of useless

And there are other games that prove this too, Cuphead, FNAF(it originally had a life system). A Hat in Time, And quite a few others
---
"This isn't just you being gay is it?"
kardonis Emerald Sparx Gems: 4380
#1914 Posted: 13:39:21 15/08/2018
I'll agree with removing the life system altogether, it makes crash bandicoot incredibly infuriating for me to play, as I find it incredibly difficult to stockpile lives in the game, leaving me with, more often than not, only 4 attempts to complete a level before I have to fully restart it. I'm fine with the gameplay itself being challenging the way it is, but the life system has really driven down the enjoyment of the game for me, to the point where I haven't finished either 1 or 2 yet. If I could keep trying from checkpoints infinitely, then I would have no reason to give up on a level.
---
My soul's been wandering through time, it's given me this strength of mine, How I am standing here today, is I'm no longer kept at bay
#1915 Posted: 13:52:53 15/08/2018
Life systems are fun in an arcadey mode where you just need to get as far as possible and getting to the end is a bonus. You can also give someone too many lives, as seen in Kirby Star Allies where game overing is a myth, while the game just gets that much more intense when you're starved for them in Guest Star and denied entirely in Ultimate Choice.

Lives are a mechanic as much as any other; that also means that it's okay to remove it if you're not designing the game around them. No "game overs are a failure of the game developer" bull, I mean lives that run out; you can find other ways to make a player lose and have to pick themselves back up.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:53:27 15/08/2018 by Bifrost
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5000
#1916 Posted: 17:30:00 15/08/2018 | Topic Creator
With most games these days there isn't much of a point to a life system, though that doesn't mean that it's necessarily a mechanic that should be dropped altogether.

Though obviously the Crash games already had a life system to begin with, so removing it wouldn't have been a good idea. If we get more games in the future, that might be a different story, however.
---
Long live the king!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:16 15/08/2018 by Sesshomaru75
Vespi Green Sparx Gems: 412
#1917 Posted: 07:24:38 16/08/2018

im just popping in to concur
anyone that knows me knows that i dont ****ing shut up about fire emblem, however i refrain from calling myself a fan because of either the “waifu game” stigma or the “i only like blazing blade bleh” elitist stigma

i like kirby, splatoon, smash, and select few zelda titles, but because of the absolute assholes who ruin the last two, i rarely mention them
the only one id actively call myself a fan of is splatoon, because so far all ive seen out of its fans is a positive and close knit community

outside of nintendo tho, dont even get me started on what overwatch has become :/
First | Previous | Page 39 of 39
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me