Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#51 Posted: 02:09:28 15/10/2015
Match-3 games these days are pretty bad. Especially with that tile removal mechanic.

I really hate Candy Crush. The levels, even in the first few worlds, are frustrating. I can tell they want me to use real world money to make the game easier temporarily and just continue buying and buying to get to the end. There is a type of level I hate which is the jelly removal. It's frustrating trying to take down all the jelly and you run out of moves while struggling to get the last few or even last one. With the randomness of the candy, sometimes it's pure luck to beat a jelly level. Also you have lives through the game that regenerate after a while, but people say you should never buy lives. I gave up playing this game at Level 20-something and deleted this game. I dare not to play Soda Saga or other King games (Which basically use most of the same mechanics).

Then my mom gave me this 3DS game in the "Jewel Master: Cradle of X" series (X being a place in the world) and it was another Match-3 game and once again I have to match at specific tiles. These are red, blue, and green tiles which you must remove to beat the level. It's less stressful than Candy Crush because you can make as many moves as you can during the time limit. However it's still stressful. Some levels were so poorly designed, that it takes me four minutes to clear that one last tile. Sometimes the timer is less than half empty while I manage that last tile but time runs out as I struggle and fail. I just had to give up playing and will trade it in one day.

So long story short, any Match 3 game with that jelly-style objective is garbage. I hope King are spoiledly spoiled being a high-grossing game dev team.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2246
#52 Posted: 02:16:48 15/10/2015
Quote: LameLime
Match-3 games these days are pretty bad. Especially with that tile removal mechanic.

I really hate Candy Crush. The levels, even in the first few worlds, are frustrating. I can tell they want me to use real world money to make the game easier temporarily and just continue buying and buying to get to the end. There is a type of level I hate which is the jelly removal. It's frustrating trying to take down all the jelly and you run out of moves while struggling to get the last few or even last one. With the randomness of the candy, sometimes it's pure luck to beat a jelly level. Also you have lives through the game that regenerate after a while, but people say you should never buy lives. I gave up playing this game at Level 20-something and deleted this game. I dare not to play Soda Saga or other King games (Which basically use most of the same mechanics).

Then my mom gave me this 3DS game in the "Jewel Master: Cradle of X" series (X being a place in the world) and it was another Match-3 game and once again I have to match at specific tiles. These are red, blue, and green tiles which you must remove to beat the level. It's less stressful than Candy Crush because you can make as many moves as you can during the time limit. However it's still stressful. Some levels were so poorly designed, that it takes me four minutes to clear that one last tile. Sometimes the timer is less than half empty while I manage that last tile but time runs out as I struggle and fail. I just had to give up playing and will trade it in one day.

So long story short, any Match 3 game with that jelly-style objective is garbage. I hope King are spoiledly spoiled being a high-grossing game dev team.

I feel ya man.

I'm at level either 156 or 256 ( Don't remember exactly ) and it was really frustrating to get the hang of it. I hate to admit I have an addiction. But I haven't spent a single penny on it.
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6963
#53 Posted: 02:24:12 15/10/2015
Quote: LameLime

agreed. though I hate the game more so because King is more greedy than EA(seriously, who trademarks the word "candy?").
---
Cool cool.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6598
#54 Posted: 11:50:15 15/10/2015
At least King was put on their place after a while since mobile games are fads that go away. Konami on the other hand will need to learn this the hard way.

Speaking of mobile games,just screw endless runners. It's so easy to make the entire game pointless because you never win, and the story is always going to stop with your defeat, so what was the point of starting it anyway? The few I enjoy are the ones that unlock new tracks or actually attempts to slowly feed you plot, and I can think of Robot Unicorn Attack 2 to actually embracing the 'you will lose' point to make for black comedy.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1189
#55 Posted: 12:59:24 15/10/2015
Smash 4 is best Smash

Candy Crush...why...why are you making so much money still >.<

Minecraft. I'm surprised that no one has commented on this game yet. Red stone mechanics are a bit too complicated
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#56 Posted: 15:35:15 15/10/2015
Well you're only going to mess with redstone to make farms and other complex stuff. I know I only use it for lamps and daylight sensors for even more lamps.
I don't even know if liking or hating parts of Minecraft nowadays can be classified as popular or unpopular. But for sure, one thing that seems unpopular - Elytras are too endgame to affect PVP, let people rain death from above if it's a vanilla server.
---
I do art!
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#57 Posted: 20:28:37 16/10/2015
Three that I posted in the other one: Quote:
I can't stand Shin Megami Tensei, or anything else by Atlus.

I was never really interested in Splatoon.

I like Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. They're not the best games around, but they're really not that bad like most people say...

And one more: Nintendo has been awful for the past 2 years.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#58 Posted: 22:39:34 16/10/2015
Whoops, I forgot this was here.

Splatoon is repetitive.

The FF series does not appeal to me, neither does almost any M rated game.

Sonic as a series is bleh. I only liked the "classics".

Amiibo could have been better

I love every Mario spin-off. Except Mario Golf.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Mario Galaxy, but I didn't find the game to be anything groundbreaking.

Ultra Despair Girls is the weakest entry in the series. Not sure if unpopular though.

Mario Party 10 was not that bad.

The Wii U was one of the best things that happened in gaming history. And Smash.

Sm4sh is the best entry in the series.
---
My life is complete.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1189
#59 Posted: 22:55:26 16/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Well you're only going to mess with redstone to make farms and other complex stuff. I know I only use it for lamps and daylight sensors for even more lamps.
I don't even know if liking or hating parts of Minecraft nowadays can be classified as popular or unpopular. But for sure, one thing that seems unpopular - Elytras are too endgame to affect PVP, let people rain death from above if it's a vanilla server.

Literally smilie

I'm sorry

I just wanted to put that there
---
^This might be sarcasm.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6220
#60 Posted: 16:23:31 17/10/2015
A New Beginning is my least favourite of the Legend of Spyro trilogy.

The level design was incredibly dull, the enemies didn't really pose much of a threat, and I felt the elemental moves were really unintuitive and didn't connect well with the melee moves. The elemental moves were more for hanging back and getting free hits when your health was low, emphasised by how the mana crystals were more scarce in this game than the others.

The other games just better unified all of the combat elements and had more interesting level design ideas, and of course expanded on the gameplay in other ways.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
#61 Posted: 17:15:40 17/10/2015
That isn't unpopular,though the reasoning is that the game is just empty.

The unpopular one is that TEN is my favorite. Yeah,it had its flaws,but I think it attempted the most right even with some wrongs. Thinking of it like Sonic Lost World except Krome had like one year and nearly no standards for their series.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:15:57 17/10/2015 by Bifrost
#62 Posted: 17:55:39 17/10/2015
^From what I've seen, everyone and their mother acts like ANB is the only LoS game that's worth playing. Look at any review of TEN or DotD, and it generally opens with "MMMMMM THE LEGEND OF SPYRO SERIES STARTED OFF DECENTLY WITH A NEW BEGINNING AND SHOWED PROMISE, BUT IT ALL JUST WENT DOWNHILL FROM THERE MMMMYYEEEEAAASSS". Which I disagree with, I think the games only got better as they went along.

I think TEN is the best in the series from an objective standpoint (i.e. it's the best polished and most tightly designed game in the series, and it has the best combat mechanics). However, I like DotD just as much because while it's not quite as polished, it had a lot going on in the levels which gave it a lot of variety compared to the other games, and felt a bit more open and explorable. Playable Cynder and co-op was also really fun. TEN does fewer things but does those things really well, while DotD doesn't do all of it's things as well, but it does a lot more things and I think it does most of those reasonably well.
---
#63 Posted: 19:06:22 17/10/2015
I don't know,the fact DOTD is a GOW clone minus the excitement of hitting the thing(the SFX is suprisingly underwhelming,just a thunk every few seconds) plus full of glitches and physics hijinks took way too much away. TEN had the style,introduced the collectibles, and had nearly every elemental move integrated into a combo system that was kinda scarce,but tons of fun.
I haven't seen anyone say good things about ANB other than the aesthetics though. It has a single combo with two finishers, extremely easy to exploit elemental moves that take any reason of doing combos,and absolutely nothing to do once you upgraded everything(which will happen really fast) and beat it once. It also had an infuriating XP gem cap that you can't even see on the menu because it's extremely finnicky to upgrade to begin with; so of course you'll find out some of your gems went to waste because you were waiting to do it all at once.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:02 17/10/2015 by Bifrost
#64 Posted: 19:16:04 17/10/2015
DotD really isn't a GoW clone, I don't get that comparison. I played through the first GoW (actually platinumed it on PS3) not long after DotD and I played some of GoW3 (didn't really like it as much though), and it didn't feel at all similar.

DotD is more like a hybrid of a Lord of the Rings action game, and a traditional Spyro game.

Also yeah DotD had glitches but most of them actually made the game more fun to me, especially on a second playthrough. I didn't run into any glitches that hampered my experience, I simply went hunting for exploits intentionally and found some that made the game more fun. It's a super fun game to speed run as a result.
---
#65 Posted: 19:33:26 17/10/2015
Never found any fun glitches on mine :C The physics did go crazy at points with enemies just dying on their own for being a pixel too sunk into the ground or things going flying just by poking them,but nothing really hilarious,just weird.

Back on topic,I think Point-and-click Adventures are too tame even if they're not supposed to have crazy mechanics to begin with. I almost fall asleep with boredom in the "normal" ones,but adventures with puzzles or action like Minecraft: Story Mode keep me at the edge of my seat and really make QTEs less of a reflex check and more intuitive.
---
I do art!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#66 Posted: 21:18:24 17/10/2015
I THINK PEACH IS HOTTER THAN ZELDA!!!
Come at me Rosalina fans.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#67 Posted: 21:48:59 17/10/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

That's actually a really popular opinion.

Peach is the most "liked" character on Rule 34 (they actually use a different term for that there, but I can't say it as it's inappropriate for this site).

Or second. I know it's between her and Zero Suit Samus.

I'm happy with my near 8-foot tall, all-powerful, and voluptuous space MILF, though. :3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:08 17/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#68 Posted: 00:47:20 18/10/2015
Uncharted's (and Tomb Raider's because it's a clear aping of it) multiplayer is nothing particularly special.

Meanwhile Max Payne 3's multiplayer is loads of fun.
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#69 Posted: 04:26:31 18/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

That's actually a really popular opinion.

Peach is the most "liked" character on Rule 34 (they actually use a different term for that there, but I can't say it as it's inappropriate for this site).

Or second. I know it's between her and Zero Suit Samus.

I know from *COUGH*experience*COUGH* that it's Zero Suit Samus.

Quote: CAV
Uncharted's (and Tomb Raider's because it's a clear aping of it) multiplayer is nothing particularly special.

I definitely feel the same. I'd even extend it to The Last of Us's multiplayer.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#70 Posted: 08:09:40 18/10/2015
Story is more important than gameplay.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#71 Posted: 11:46:24 18/10/2015
Okay I swear I've already posted my unpopular opinions, but I must not have since I can't find them on this topic (or the other topic)? So I guess I will just say them again. xD

I don't play Mario games and I'm not interested in playing them. I haven't even played the Galaxy games ether since they just don't spark my interest. The only Mario games I've played are the side-ones, which are Mario Kart and Mario Party. I've also played Yoshi's Story on the N64 and it's one of my childhood games, although I don't think that's a Mario side-game? Yoshi's Story made me love Yoshi (which I always use for Mario Party and Kart games), and Luigi and Rosalina seem like cool characters judging from reading about them on wikis, but I'm not interested in any of the other characters. Also I don't care for Mario (the character) that much and his brother seems like a better character (although I don't think this last part is an unpopular opinion).

My favourite Sonic team is Team Chaotix (Sonic X was what made me love the team). I just love how wacko and entertaining they are compared to the other teams and I really like Espio (he's like a more bearable Shadow). I also love Team Hooligans. I'd rather have Team Chaotix and older characters like the Hooligan members and Mighty than the newer characters like Silver, Blaze, etc (pretty much all characters from Sonic Heroes and before that game). I also wish that Sally would be in the games since I really like her.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:56:47 18/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#72 Posted: 12:29:59 18/10/2015
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is my favorite game in the FNaF series. I also didn't really enjoy the 4th game.

I think Kirby's Epic Yarn is okay. It's a great game, but to me, it's a bad Kirby game if that makes sense. I have similar feelings on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag; it's a great game, but a bad Assassin's Creed game imo.
---
Cool cool.
#73 Posted: 22:34:45 18/10/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456
I have similar feelings on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag; it's a great game, but a bad Assassin's Creed game imo.

I actually feel the opposite. I thought Black Flag, 2, and 3 were the only REALLY good ones, while the rest were subpar.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5851
#74 Posted: 22:48:48 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator

I don't really agree since Peach sorta just seems like the same old basic *****, while Zelda is pretty much always different and more interesting as a character.

To each their own, though.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
#75 Posted: 23:25:26 18/10/2015
Zelda isn't ever really painted in a "sexy" light anyway. She's either your typical "beautiful, wise ruler", or she's cute. Or a bit of both. So it wouldn't be surprising or unpopular to associate Peach with sexiness before Zelda, since Peach actually does get some fanservicey stuff done with her. And Smash Bros outright gives her a boob job (that or a really extreme push up bra), and one of her moves is throwing her butt in your face (though her butt is super petite and tiny even in Smash so I always found her an odd pick for a butt based attack).

-------

Since it was talked about earlier a little bit...

I really don't get the whole "it's a great game, but it's a bad X game" mentality. Like you acknowledge a game is good, but let the brand name make you view it with less praise.

As an example, people always say "Sonic Unleashed is a great game, but a bad Sonic game". That makes no sense. The Werehog and Medals and what not may not be what you typically find in a Sonic game, but they by no means make the more traditional elements of the game worse, and they are cool in and of themselves. So why call it a "bad Sonic game" when it's actually a really good game? Why not just say "it's a great game, but it's a bit different in some ways compared to other games in the series and it may not suit everyone"? Saying it's a bad Sonic game (or whatever game series you might be talking about) just gives a negative impression. It makes it sound like a game is lesser for just being a bit different or for having some fresh ideas. Like surprising the player is a bad thing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:11 18/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#76 Posted: 23:27:40 18/10/2015
^ Are you talking about back-air?
---
My life is complete.
#77 Posted: 23:29:38 18/10/2015
I was more talking about her Side Special, Peach Bomber.

B-air is just a poke. Side Special is straight up throwing it in your face.
---
#78 Posted: 23:29:57 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Idk, Peach is just really generic imo. Zelda's personality is far better for the most part, especially since it can vary from game to game, and in general she's a lot prettier too.

Granted Peach isn't always the damsel in distress, but she seems to fit that trope far more than Zelda in recent years, and she's really bland as a character imo.

That said, I don't really consider Zelda "sexy" for the most part. Amazingly pretty? Yeah. Sexy? Idk, she doesn't really rub me that way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:28 18/10/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#79 Posted: 23:31:02 18/10/2015
I was more talking about her Side Special, Peach Bomber.

B-air is just a poke. Side Special is straight up throwing it in your face.

OOH OH we're talking about peach here

ok

*backs away*
---
My life is complete.
#80 Posted: 23:41:45 18/10/2015
I'm not saying Peach is an interesting character, but in terms of raw sex appeal, Nintendo does legitimately try to make her sexy sometimes. So someone finding Peach hotter than Zelda isn't surprising.

[User Posted Image]

Like Nintendo will never do this with Zelda.

That being said, I don't think either Peach or Zelda are interesting characters, with the exception of one game in each case - Super Paper Mario for Peach, and Hyrule Warriors for Zelda.
---
#81 Posted: 23:57:27 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Tetra is the most interesting Zelda imo, while SS Zelda would be second. I know nothing about HW Zelda, so...
---
#82 Posted: 23:57:46 18/10/2015
Since it was talked about earlier a little bit...

I really don't get the whole "it's a great game, but it's a bad X game" mentality. Like you acknowledge a game is good, but let the brand name make you view it with less praise.

As an example, people always say "Sonic Unleashed is a great game, but a bad Sonic game". That makes no sense. The Werehog and Medals and what not may not be what you typically find in a Sonic game, but they by no means make the more traditional elements of the game worse, and they are cool in and of themselves. So why call it a "bad Sonic game" when it's actually a really good game? Why not just say "it's a great game, but it's a bit different in some ways compared to other games in the series and it may not suit everyone"? Saying it's a bad Sonic game (or whatever game series you might be talking about) just gives a negative impression. It makes it sound like a game is lesser for just being a bit different or for having some fresh ideas. Like surprising the player is a bad thing.

I think it's because when you make something under a brand name like Sonic Unleashed, you have a set of basic expectations you want the game to acknowledge when you play it.

Going back to the Kirby's Epic Yarn example, the game is polarizing for Kirby fans because it does what traditional Kirby games DON'T do. Aside from its cute aesthetic, the gameplay itself is a lot different from your traditional Kirby game to the point where it isn't even that franchise's established gameplay style anymore(and it's a bit more evident in Epic Yarn, since it started out as its own IP before Nintendo decided it would look better with a Kirby aesthetic thrown into it). This is why people are so divided on the game; some love it because of the aesthetic and unique ideas, others hate it because it's not what you would usually find in a typical Kirby game. Granted, I still love Epic Yarn, but if I want to have a fun time with what I classify as Kirby, I'll play Return to Dreamland or Super Star. Because those games have what makes a traditional Kirby game, such as copying abilities, Kirby's core moves, and a sense of challenge, as opposed to Epic Yarn, which pretty much had a completely different style thanks to its special yarn-based gameplay and easygoing nature.

Sonic Unleashed is the same ordeal. The Werehog can either make or break the game for most people, and it's why reception for the game is so mixed. People can either appreciate what the Werehog tried to do in order to change things up, or that can be the reason why they enjoy it less(though that might have more to do with people just hating the Werehog on concept alone). Since this concept made up half the game, it can ruin the core Sonic experience(the daytime stages) for some people, because they wanted nothing BUT a core Sonic experience. Personally, I wasn't affected by that(I have mixed feelings on the Werehog stages; I don't like the concept or platforming sections, but I enjoy the fighting gameplay style), but I can understand why people would dislike Unleashed because of that.

Sometimes, too much change from the norm can hurt a game rather than help it. It doesn't make the game bad by any means, but it can risk a divisive fanbase. People expect core features when a new game is released in a franchise, and when that gets changed a lot, people are going to be divided because it isn't like the norm, and that can make people enjoy it more, or just make then enjoy it less. It's probably why Super Mario Sunshine is so divisive.
---
Cool cool.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#83 Posted: 00:08:01 19/10/2015
The PS Vita is a good handheld device that honestly has a better/wider third party selection than the 3DS, and could've arguably been the better device if Sony never gave up on it (3DS is better largely through Nintendo's fantastic support).
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
#84 Posted: 00:14:13 19/10/2015
@PSX: That's my point though.

A game shouldn't be called a "bad Sonic game" or "bad Kirby game" just because it's different from the norm. By that logic, Mario Kart is a "bad Mario game".

It's OK if the new elements are not something you personally enjoy or you don't want them to stick in future installments. But saying it's a "bad Sonic game" or whatever gives the impression that the game is bad overall just BECAUSE it's different. And with a game like Sonic Unleashed, it's not like it totally threw out the more traditional "go fast" Sonic gameplay.

Different =/= bad, though. If you don't like the new thing, that's fine, but don't say it's a bad game just for trying a different style.

Like I'm not a big fan of Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories as I feel the card system was meh, but I don't call the game bad...at least not based on the fact that it was different to Kingdom Hearts 1.

Likewise, Kingdom Hearts 2 did away with pretty much all of the platforming from KH1, which I didn't like, but I wouldn't call it a "bad Kingdom Hearts game" for that. A good Kingdom Hearts game is a game that is good from an objective standpoint and just so happens to have Kingdom Hearts in the name. Nothing else, and the same applies to any other franchise.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:15:54 19/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#85 Posted: 00:25:18 19/10/2015
^fair enough. typically that's what I mean when I say "it's a good game, but not a good X game" but i can see why it would be misinterpreted. Though I still enjoy Epic Yarn. :/

EDIT: On topic;
- - -
I don't really enjoy Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, or Skyward Sword. I don't know what it is, but there's something about these games that makes me not enjoy them.

And ironically this is going to make me sound like a hypocrite because of the previous conversation, but I actually enjoy the 3D Zelda games that ARE different from traditional ones. Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are my favorite 3D entries in the series. I also altogether prefer the top-down 2D Zelda games over the 3D ones; A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds are tied for my favorite Zelda game.

Yes, i'm a hypocrite. I admit it. smilie

EDIT AGAIN: just realized I actually DID kind of say I didn't like Epic Yarn. I'm a mess today.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:33:07 19/10/2015 by pankakesparx456
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#86 Posted: 00:41:12 19/10/2015
It's pretty obvious but I think Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare should be remember with other shooters instead it's shoved aside and I don't understand.
---
POPSMARTS!
#87 Posted: 00:44:33 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't really care for the original Legend of Zelda. It's by no means a bad game, it's just my least favorite Zelda game.
---
ThroneOfMalefor Emerald Sparx Gems: 4076
#88 Posted: 00:57:23 19/10/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I don't really agree since Peach sorta just seems like the same old basic *****, while Zelda is pretty much always different and more interesting as a character.

To each their own, though.

he didn't say anything about personality though wha
he just said hotter as in wow i like her "physique"
---
i'm happy, you not
it's just perspective
#89 Posted: 01:06:58 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
he didn't say anything about personality though wha
he just said hotter as in wow i like her "physique"

I was putting both physique and personality together, though regardless Peach is still extremely generic.
---
#90 Posted: 01:09:31 19/10/2015
Oh yeah, I actually am not a fan of Ocarina of Time either.

The 3DS remake helped me enjoy it a bit more but I still think it's kinda meh.
---
#91 Posted: 01:10:12 19/10/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Tetra is the most interesting Zelda imo, while SS Zelda would be second. I know nothing about HW Zelda, so...

I actually really like TP Zelda. She seemed the most mysterious to me and the most powerful and I also like her design. I just wish she appeared more in the game though. And tbh I think TP Zelda is the closest form of her that can be considered sexy.

I also love Zelda from Spirit Tracks.
And I agree that Zelda > Peach. Zelda does become a damsel distress a lot but she seems to make up for it in the final battle by actually helping Link to defeat the villain, like in TP and OoT.
---
#92 Posted: 01:23:17 19/10/2015
HW Zelda is my favourite because she fights like a badass, looks really good, and also feels the most like an actual ruler because she leads the charge in battle and is shown to be a great motivational speaker.

Her relationship with HW Impa is also just beyond adorable.

[User Posted Image]

Look at how happy Impa is to see her. :3

Also there is literally a quote from Impa in HW where she says "Princess, it's dangerous to go alone! Take me!", and I just CAAAN'T...
---
#93 Posted: 03:40:10 19/10/2015
HW Zelda is my favourite because she fights like a badass, looks really good, and also feels the most like an actual ruler because she leads the charge in battle and is shown to be a great motivational speaker.

Her relationship with HW Impa is also just beyond adorable.

[User Posted Image]

Look at how happy Impa is to see her. :3

Also there is literally a quote from Impa in HW where she says "Princess, it's dangerous to go alone! Take me!", and I just CAAAN'T...

I AGREE 500%
#94 Posted: 12:52:28 19/10/2015
The one thing that does annoy me with HW Zelda is her breast plate. It just doesn't look right. xD
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:56:14 19/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#95 Posted: 23:17:27 19/10/2015
Ooh, that also reminds me of something. I don't agree with people saying that a game has to be judged in current time regardless of release. I don't know if that's popular or not, but I've seen some known youtubers say it so I might count.
Not every game can be timeless. There were trends back then, sometimes trends that the devs wouldn't even notice they were following - or just seemed like an afterthought - and nowadays it might be part of what makes a game age badly, and acting like they should've guessed the future is selfish; imagine that for teams desesperate to push games out of the door to avoid bankruptcy, they couldn't really think if it'd work in 2 years, it'd have to work there and then.
Of course, that doesn't mean you can tighten your nostalgia goggles and defend an old game on that regard - there are faults that would seem dumb even back then, and aging badly can be a negative if the games were poorly coded or optimized at the time it didn't seem like big of a deal, like the first gen of Pokémon. That's also not bringing into account general laziness where it probably wasn't even that good when it came out for flaws that became more apparent as time went on and the hype died down.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:16 19/10/2015 by Bifrost
#96 Posted: 00:25:49 20/10/2015
I'll acknowledge if a game was good for it's time, but that doesn't necessarily mean I will always think it's still fun.

Like Ocarina of Time is very ambitious for it's time and deserves props for that, but I just think from a design standpoint, it's a boring game.

On the other hand, the original Sonic Adventure is dated in a lot of ways, though I still think the game is well designed and for that reason I can still consider it a great game. Despite the bad animation and voice acting and what not, I still think the story is cool and had a good tone to it. And despite some technical hiccups, I still think most of the levels are fun as they are well designed.
---
#97 Posted: 07:31:48 21/10/2015
I still think Ocarina of Time is one of the better Zelda games. The hero of time era/games are my favourite part of the Zelda series (it seems like a trend for people to hate hero of time era now, particularly Ocarina of Time?).
---
#98 Posted: 12:28:02 21/10/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I still think Ocarina of Time is one of the better Zelda games. The hero of time era/games are my favourite part of the Zelda series (it seems like a trend for people to hate hero of time era now, particularly Ocarina of Time?).

I just don't like OoT specifically. Majora's Mask is excellent and I feel like it fixes every problem I had with OoT, and is just the far better of the two.

OoT is impressive for it's time but in all honesty, it's harder to appreciate that since MM is much more impressive, even from a technical standpoint.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#99 Posted: 15:03:50 21/10/2015
Quote: CAV
I don't want to turn the thread into an argument over one game but yeah I'm gonna comment.

@Brawler If I recall correctly Uprising also has alternative control methods that might be easier on the hands for some people? I never had to change them myself but the option is there.

Quote: MugoUrth
Human characters I can stand, it's mostly the idea that humans are the absolute good and that we're these oh-so misunderstood angels and that NOTHING ELSE is allowed to be good, not even things as innocuous as kittens or squirrels, are allowed to be anything other than human-hating demons who are out to destroy our species. This is something that outright ruins a lot of games and movies for me. Also, too many human heroes only want to save the human race. Not the world, not other species, just themselves. Also misanthropic villains/anti-heroes are EXCRUCIATINGLY overdone. Whether Viridi can really be called evil or not, she's STILL an enemy of the oh-so glorious human race.

Also, you've kind of proven my point that any time people see someone say anything bad about KI:U, they just HAVE to comment on it.

Mild KI:U spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't played and wants to:

In fairness, nobody really claimed that humans were the absolute good in this game. Yes the protagonists oppose Viridi's intent to wipe out the human race but they don't necessarily say that humans are absolutely all good, but rather that they aren't all heartless monsters. That there is good in people even though the point in time where her plans go into action doesn't show it.

The point where she decides to wipe out the human race comes from the manipulation of the human race after Hades convinces them all that there's a magic maguffin that wields awesome power, leading everyone to fight for it. You can definitely make the argument that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and Pit and Palutena don't even necessarily shy away from the fact that the war humans are doing is a bad thing that is affecting life around them.

It's just that Pit and Palutena also realize that what is happening isn't the fault of the humans themselves but rather a higher power at hand that manipulated them into war. Viridi on the other hand either didn't realize this at first, or instead felt that wiping them out was a better solution.

And of course we must remember that Hades' plan was to essentially wipe out all life, not necessarily just humans. Pit and Palutena aren't fighting because humans are awesome and the best life there is (though they do believe humans to be the closest connection to the gods, which like it or not they are), but because Hades intends to throw everything out of whack and that isn't acceptable.

Also save for one moment in the game I don't recall there ever being any interactions with real animals in the game, let alone any where the animal was trying to hunt you.

I'm not going to argue that you should or shouldn't like certain things. If that sort of idea or story is something you despise then by all means go for it and I understand to an extent. But Uprising didn't really have that kind of story.

I haven't replied on this till now, but the idea that humans need some evil guide in order to be evil is just asinine. Humans don't need a guide to want to destroy nature, they have other reasons. In a way, yeah it does, as it kind of buys into the "oh, humans are oh-so misunderstood" idea. Plus, the only members of Viridis army that don't get killed are her and Phosphora. ...THE TWO HUMANS IN HER ARMY. Plus, I'm sick of misanthropy demonization in general.

Other unpopular opinions I have...
*I don't like shooting games. And by that I mean FPS, "Survival Horror," "Stealth," Fallout, or basically anything similar. ...I do like Shumps though.
*I like Guitar Hero more than Rock Band.
*(Not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but...) Fighting games are my favorite type of game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:04:37 21/10/2015 by MugoUrth
First | Page 2 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me