Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
Page 1 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46
Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5900
#1 Posted: 14:13:53 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
This topic is a place where you can share, as the title states, your unpopular opinions regarding video games and video game-related media.

There is only one rule here that you are obligated to:
Discussion and debating of opinions is allowed, and is in fact encouraged.
However, that all said, please try to remain civil and respectful towards others during said discussions and debates.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:28:30 12/10/2016 by Sesshomaru75
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#2 Posted: 14:56:01 13/10/2015
I enjoy Sonic Unleashed.
and every other sonic game
---
you never saw me
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6276
#3 Posted: 15:15:18 13/10/2015
^People who don't like at least the HD version of Unleashed are wrong.

People complained about the games being too glitchy and having too many characters and having 2edgy5me stories and Unleashed fixed literally all of these and then some.

--------------------

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded is actually a very good game.

Yes it's got the weakest story of the entire series but that's only because it's the least relevant game in terms of overall lore. In terms of character interactions it has a lot of cool moments, and Data-Sora was really likeable and felt more like KH1 and CoM Sora as opposed to the half baked KH2 Sora.

On the gameplay front it's really solid though. It has some issues, mainly the camera and occasionally messy platforming caused by the bugs, but it was really fast paced, the level up system is one of the best I've ever come across in any game ever, and the alternate gameplay styles that it sometimes gave you were fun and helped keep the game fresh.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#4 Posted: 15:20:44 13/10/2015
I don't like Mega Evolutions. Most of the time I'd rather see actual evolutions for those Pokemon like with Banette, Sableye, and Sharpedo. The designs are very hit or miss, with only a few I'd say are great, some being Charizard, Gengar, or Rayquaza. Then we have the ones that break the game and competitive scene due to being so OP. They're are a cool idea, but only a few take full potential of the concept.

I have a few video game related ones in the other topic I'll post later
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6650
#5 Posted: 15:28:45 13/10/2015
I know at least one person who'll be mad at me for this, but I prefer being honest.
I can't find any flaws in Xenoblade Chronicles' gameplay and I adore how well designed it is, but I can't stand the latter half of the story. And it's not because the game is long and I could've gotten tired - I watched an LP, I had all the time in the world to catch up and see it at my own pace. Gameplay is near perfect, anything past the sword area relating to story is far from it.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5702
#6 Posted: 16:17:01 13/10/2015
Assassin's Creed III is probably my favorite installment in the franchise. I'm an absolute sucker for the setting and aesthetic it went for. I think Connor is an interesting protagonist (though not the best). And it was honestly the first time I paid legitimate attention to the story. It also ended the Desmond story arc which I never found very interesting.

-------------------------

Smash 4 > Melee

I don't think I really need to explain that one if you know me at all.

-------------------------

Splatoon's amiibo use is perfectly fine with me. I'm aware that it's glorified on disc DLC made even worse by how the amiibo in question are hard to find, but it gives the amiibo a genuinely worthwhile use as opposed to something like say Captain Toad where all Toad's amiibo does is give you an 8 bit Toad to look for (with not much reward for doing so). I would much rather have amiibo do "too much" than "too little" considering the trouble you previously had to go through to get certain ones. I'm not collecting these just for the sake of collecting.

---------------------------

Bioshock Infinite's setting and aesthetic is one of the best I've experienced in any video game and I personally find it better than the original Bioshock.

Dark Souls is alright.

Call of Duty is still a worthwhile series so long as it's being done by Treyarch or Sledgehammer. Infinity Ward doesn't and shouldn't represent the series' trends as a whole.

Throwing that one now because someone is going to try to call the series overrated and claim that's an unpopular opinion.

----------------------------

That's all I have for now. I'll think of more soon enough.
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
Sudloo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3420
#7 Posted: 17:12:03 13/10/2015
Bioshock 2 is my favorite of the trilogy.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! was a great game imo. Yeah, it's not as exceptional as BL2 was, but I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the atmosphere and environments were stunning. And props for being able to play as Claptrap. B)

Tales From the Borderlands is one of the best games Telltale has made. It's one of my favorites along with The Walking Dead.

The Saints Row series is underrated.

A good story and likable characters are more important to me than gameplay.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3720
#8 Posted: 17:13:00 13/10/2015
Skylanders: Swap Force is a bad game. I don't really have time to explain why I think so, so I'll edit this post when I have the time.
---
Dead
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3039
#9 Posted: 17:17:31 13/10/2015
I think that LD is just like any other lego game.

NX should not have a regular controller.

3DS is worse than Wii U
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#10 Posted: 18:00:47 13/10/2015
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is a good game. While it is the worst of the three Golden Sun games, it's still a good game.

It would have been better if Fire Emblem ended with Awakening, like they originally planned.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl was the best one.

And here comes a ton of Final Fantasy opinions:

FFVII is overrated. It's a good game, but it's far from the best.

Aerith is an awful character.

Sephiroth is a boring villain.

FFIV is awful. The only good things about it are Cecil and Kain.

FFVIII is great, for more than just Triple Triad.

Eiko is better than Garnet.

I like Tidus.

FFX-2 wasn't really that bad. The battle system is pretty good, at least. smilie

Hope is my favorite character in FFXIII. At the start of the game, he was annoying, but he gets so much better later on, starting after a certain part with him and Snow in Palumpolum.

FFXV looks awful. They're calling this Final "Fantasy"?
---
Strength, courage, and evil
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 18:06:12 13/10/2015
I know everyone adores this game, but honestly: I hate Kid Icarus: Uprising. I hate it's story, I hate the characters, I hate it's clunky controls, and most of all I hate the fact that people absolutely HAVE to defend this game every time someone says anything bad about it.
#12 Posted: 18:07:54 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: MugoUrth
I know everyone adores this game, but honestly: I hate Kid Icarus: Uprising. I hate it's story, I hate the characters, I hate it's clunky controls, and most of all I hate the fact that people absolutely HAVE to defend this game every time someone says anything bad about it.

[User Posted Image]

But please, elaborate. I haven't played the game myself, so I'm curious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:37 13/10/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#13 Posted: 18:13:26 13/10/2015
I think KIU is fine but not everyone's cup of tea... But damn the gameplay is clunky. In 10 years left-handed people aren't going to find it with the circle pad adaptor and it'll age even worse.
---
I do art!
#14 Posted: 18:16:37 13/10/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75

But please, elaborate. I haven't played the game myself, so I'm curious.

Human characters I can stand, it's mostly the idea that humans are the absolute good and that we're these oh-so misunderstood angels and that NOTHING ELSE is allowed to be good, not even things as innocuous as kittens or squirrels, are allowed to be anything other than human-hating demons who are out to destroy our species. This is something that outright ruins a lot of games and movies for me. Also, too many human heroes only want to save the human race. Not the world, not other species, just themselves. Also misanthropic villains/anti-heroes are EXCRUCIATINGLY overdone. Whether Viridi can really be called evil or not, she's STILL an enemy of the oh-so glorious human race.

Also, you've kind of proven my point that any time people see someone say anything bad about KI:U, they just HAVE to comment on it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:20:35 13/10/2015 by MugoUrth
#15 Posted: 18:18:40 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
What are you even talking about? Plenty of villains and antagonists who are evil are human, and I've never really seen it be said that all humans are good either.

Not only that, but I've seen plenty of non-human characters that are good, so what the hell are you smoking?

Yeah, except I was making a joke, not being serious as I don't actually have an opinion on the game whatsoever. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:24 13/10/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#16 Posted: 18:22:17 13/10/2015
What are you even talking about? Plenty of villains and antagonists who are evil are human, and I've never really seen it be said that all humans are good either.

Not only that, but I've seen plenty of non-human characters that are good, so what the hell are you smoking?

Yeah, except I was making a joke, not being serious as I don't actually have an opinion on the game whatsoever. smilie

I'm not saying every game or movie follows this, but ones that do set off a trigger for me. I know it's the gameplay that's most important for a game, but sometimes the story angers me so much that even if the gameplay itself is good, it's still not fun for me to play.
#17 Posted: 18:24:06 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm not saying every game or movie follows this, but ones that do set off a trigger for me. I know it's the gameplay that's most important for a game, but sometimes the story angers me so much that even if the gameplay itself is good, it's still not fun for me to play.

Then you might be a little too sensitive. :/

I'm not telling you what to like because if it's not your cup of tea then it's not your cup of tea, but if you're honestly going to let something as trivial as that ruin something for you, then that's really pathetic. :/

You're not from Tumblr, are you?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:28 13/10/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#18 Posted: 18:25:15 13/10/2015
...I don't recall the alignment of animals being a topic in KI:U.

In fact, Pit actually shows some sympathy for Viridi's actions. He agreed that humans were abusing nature, just thought "KILL THEM ALL" wasn't the solution to the problem and made Viridi no better than the humans destroying nature.

Also I don't see why people say KI:U has clunky controls, it isn't the right word for it. Unorthodox is the word you are looking for. Clunky implies the game feels stiff and slow, which KI:U definitely doesn't. It's smooth, fast, and fluid, and accommodates for the most dexterous and skilled players, it's just aiming with the stylus was a bit unorthodox in such a fast paced game.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:26:41 13/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#19 Posted: 18:29:13 13/10/2015

Then you might be a little too sensitive. :/

I'm not telling you what to like because if it's not your cup of tea then it's not your cup of tea, but if you're honestly going to let something as trivial as that ruin something for you, then that's really pathetic. :/

You're not from Tumblr, are you?

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but that's how much I hate the idea. It's not like I don't have other games to play or movies to watch.
#20 Posted: 18:29:46 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Maybe I'm too sensitive, but that's how much I hate the idea. It's not like I don't have other games to play or movies to watch.

True, true.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 5703
#21 Posted: 18:32:02 13/10/2015
If human characters and heroes and villians shouldn't exist, then kiss the GTA series goodbye.
---
"If Jesus showed up now, he'd be in jail by next week"
Motörhead - Brave New World - Hammered (2002)
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5702
#22 Posted: 18:39:54 13/10/2015
I don't want to turn the thread into an argument over one game but yeah I'm gonna comment.

@Brawler If I recall correctly Uprising also has alternative control methods that might be easier on the hands for some people? I never had to change them myself but the option is there.

Human characters I can stand, it's mostly the idea that humans are the absolute good and that we're these oh-so misunderstood angels and that NOTHING ELSE is allowed to be good, not even things as innocuous as kittens or squirrels, are allowed to be anything other than human-hating demons who are out to destroy our species. This is something that outright ruins a lot of games and movies for me. Also, too many human heroes only want to save the human race. Not the world, not other species, just themselves. Also misanthropic villains/anti-heroes are EXCRUCIATINGLY overdone. Whether Viridi can really be called evil or not, she's STILL an enemy of the oh-so glorious human race.

Also, you've kind of proven my point that any time people see someone say anything bad about KI:U, they just HAVE to comment on it.

Mild KI:U spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't played and wants to:

In fairness, nobody really claimed that humans were the absolute good in this game. Yes the protagonists oppose Viridi's intent to wipe out the human race but they don't necessarily say that humans are absolutely all good, but rather that they aren't all heartless monsters. That there is good in people even though the point in time where her plans go into action doesn't show it.

The point where she decides to wipe out the human race comes from the manipulation of the human race after Hades convinces them all that there's a magic maguffin that wields awesome power, leading everyone to fight for it. You can definitely make the argument that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and Pit and Palutena don't even necessarily shy away from the fact that the war humans are doing is a bad thing that is affecting life around them.

It's just that Pit and Palutena also realize that what is happening isn't the fault of the humans themselves but rather a higher power at hand that manipulated them into war. Viridi on the other hand either didn't realize this at first, or instead felt that wiping them out was a better solution.

And of course we must remember that Hades' plan was to essentially wipe out all life, not necessarily just humans. Pit and Palutena aren't fighting because humans are awesome and the best life there is (though they do believe humans to be the closest connection to the gods, which like it or not they are), but because Hades intends to throw everything out of whack and that isn't acceptable.

Also save for one moment in the game I don't recall there ever being any interactions with real animals in the game, let alone any where the animal was trying to hunt you.

I'm not going to argue that you should or shouldn't like certain things. If that sort of idea or story is something you despise then by all means go for it and I understand to an extent. But Uprising didn't really have that kind of story.
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:02 13/10/2015 by CAV
#23 Posted: 19:40:17 13/10/2015
I'll get some Kingdom Hearts ones out since the series is so fresh on my mind:

----------------------------

Kingdom Hearts 1 (specifically the HD/Final Mix version) is my favourite game in the series and I like it more than KH2.

KH2 is better polished and has much better spectacle, that's something I cannot deny, and the combat is more fleshed out in that you have more options and Sora controls like a dream in it, especially when you get the Growth abilities maxed out and what not.

However, the platforming and even exploration in KH2 is pretty much non-existent (unless you play Final Mix, where the Cavern of Remembrance feels like a homage to the KH1 level design, which I loved) since most of the worlds are very flat and "arena shaped", and while all of the new combat options and improvements are nice, I think they lead to Sora being too overpowered (ESPECIALLY in KH2FM Critical Mode - yes you die very easily but you get so many abilities earlier on, more Strength upgrades, and so much AP that it isn't much of an issue), especially with the reaction commands. Even on KH2FM Critical Mode, the game isn't all that challenging. There are like, 3 bosses that gave me an actual tough time in the main story (one of which is ONLY in the Final Mix version too, so in the original game, it would be 2 bosses). The only challenging things in the game are the array of secret bosses in the Final Mix version, the Cavern of Remembrance, and some of the "Missions" in Jiminy's Journal, but you might never see those if you don't care about 100%'ing the game. KH2 was also just really linear with the world designs, like it introduced maps but other than the Cavern of Remembrance, you really didn't need them at all.

And while yes, the combat in KH2 is TECHNICALLY better, I think it's too good in some ways. There is a reason why people call KH2 a button masher, it's because your best attacks are all physical attacks mapped to the basic attack button that you unlock as you progress, context sensitive reaction commands that are easy to time, and then in the Drive Forms, it's the same thing but better, or you just abuse Thundaga or whatever (Thundaga is SERIOUSLY overpowered in Final Form). KH1, while still an action game, I felt had a better blend of RPG elements in it's combat. MP worked like a traditional Final Fantasy game (you have to manually recover it and you need enough MP for each specific spell, while in KH2, it recharges anyway when you use all of it and you can use any spell as long as you have 1MP, they just take different amounts from the gauge). Sora's more limited movement and physical attack options meant you had to think more about what you were doing and using magic and telling Donald and Goofy or whatever Disney friend you had in your party to attack the enemy you were targeting (the latter mechanic was axed after KH1 entirely actually, and only has a brief throwback in Re:coded) felt like legitimate options you had to consider even against regular enemies at times. The game just had a much better difficulty balance IMO, while KH2 is mostly easy but has the odd difficulty spike and then the secret bosses are hard.

KH1 was an action-RPG-platformer hybrid, and to this day I still feel like it's a very unique game with not a lot of games being quite like it. KH2 on the other hand, improved on the action aspect really well, but downplayed the RPG elements and near completely got rid of the platforming and even exploration elements. I just think that's not the best route for a sequel. KH1 established all of those elements as equally important, so KH2 should have done the same and improved on all of them.

KH2 is STILL a fantastic game and I love it to death for it's own merits (and KH2FM brings it quite close to KH1FM - the amount of content added to KH2FM was awesome and it has so much to do). And it did improve some other things, like synthesis. And I do love those secret bosses and what not. However, as a sequel, it only focused on one of the core aspects of the original game and only really improved that. Yeah, Sora's platforming controls are actually much better in KH2, but other than the Cavern of Remembrance in the Final Mix version, there aren't many platforming areas to really show that off.

And while I haven't played DDD yet (so I don't count that), there still hasn't been a game that has that same balance KH1 had between the platforming, exploration, and RPG elements. Re:coded kinda does but it's not as good as KH1 and is largely a retread of KH1 worlds anyway with random blocks everywhere.

---------------

BBS is a great game and I like the combat, but I don't get why people say it's the most fluid and fast paced game in the series. It definitely isn't. It feels more stiff than any other game in the series (attacks don't have any momentum at all and pretty much just go in a straight line), and some of the boss fights will try your patience with the amount of waiting for an opening you have to do (e.g. Captain Hook with Ventus). In fact, a lot of bosses can just be defeated by blocking and countering to deal damage, and dodging unblockable attacks.

KH2FM is by far the most fluid and fast paced game (again, not counting DDD since I can't say anything on it yet), and I'd say KH1 is still better than BBS for that, especially in the fluidity department. BBS just feels super stiff and I don't get why. It's still a great game but I'd like it more if it wasn't so stiff.

---------------

I didn't find the cutscenes in 358/2 Days boring. The story is supposed to be less action heavy and more focused on character development, which I liked. All of the interactions between Roxas, Axel, and Xion, just added a lot of flavour to the game and helped draw me to these characters more.

---------------

Terra is my favourite of the three heroes in BBS, both from a gameplay and story standpoint.

In terms of gameplay, his slide move is just amazing and gets you around so quickly, and he can do some serious damage if you know what moves and combos to use. Ventus and especially Aqua, feel a bit too weak at times, but Terra is perfect in terms of his damage output.

In terms of story, he had the most personal story IMO and we got inside his head more than the other two. Yeah he screws up a lot, but that doesn't make him a bad or less interesting character, it makes him flawed and relatable. He still had really good intentions and only wanted the best for his friends, and to be fair, Xehanort IS a bit of a mastermind of manipulation. There's also the fact that none of the three heroes had any reason to believe Xehanort was bad going in, as he was an old friend of their own Master Eraqus and Eraqus trusted him enough to invite him to see Aqua and Terra's Mark of Mastery exams. Xehanort was Terra's superior and so Terra had great respect for him, and Xehanort knew that and was able to use it to his advantage.

Quote:
@Brawler If I recall correctly Uprising also has alternative control methods that might be easier on the hands for some people? I never had to change them myself but the option is there.

Yeah I know.

I didn't mean to say that I had a problem with KI:U's controls though. I just mean they are different to what people expect from a shooter. People have a tendency to call unorthodox controls bad just because they are different to the norm, but KI:U controls mostly fine to me. The camera can be a bit awkward sometimes but that's about it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:55:40 13/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#24 Posted: 20:41:10 13/10/2015
Here's those old opinions I promised.

Quote: LunarDistortion
-Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite Mario game.
-New Super Mario Bros 2 isn't bad, in fact, it's pretty fun. It's just the same thing as the other 'New Mario' titles, don't go into it expecting Shovel Knight or DKCR: Tropical Freeze levels of revolutionary.
-The Gamepad is my favorite controller for SSB4.
-I like the Stage Builder in SSB4.
-Pilotwings Resort is one of my favorite 3DS games.
-I don't mind clones in Super Smash Bros.

The original FNAF is the best in the series, and the sequels are all meh at best. I think this might stem from how interesting and new the idea was at the time. I also think the aesthetic it had was the best in the series despite the other games having a ton more money put into them. The mystery of the game, the animatronics and how they made you think instead of throwing everything at you at once *coughFNAF2cough*, add my previous points in with a little bit of nostalgia for good measure and I can't really say the sequels hold up.

Quote: Arc of Archives
Star Fox Zero looks mediocre.

I agree. I want to like it and I want it to be good, but I just can't get into for how decent at best it looks.

I really don't want anymore 3rd Party characters as Smash DLC. Rayman's the only one I'd like, the rest should be Nintendo characters.
#25 Posted: 20:43:55 13/10/2015
Quote:
don't go into it expecting Shovel Knight or DKCR: Tropical Freeze levels of revolutionary.

.....But neither of those games are revolutionary in the slightest.

In fact the former's appeal is that it's basically a nostalgia trip for 8-bit fanatics.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4141
#26 Posted: 20:56:07 13/10/2015
  • I don't like Skylanders: Swap Force nearly as much as the others.
  • Gill Grunt is the WORST Skylanders character.
  • Skyward Sword is best Zelda game.
  • Motion controls fit the Zelda series extremely well.
  • Fi is best companion in Zelda series.
  • Ocarina of Time is not very good.
  • Mario Sunshine is best 3D Mario game.
  • Mario 64 is good, but still not even nearly as good as any of the other 3D Marios.
  • Super Paper Mario is best of Paper Mario series.
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is the best FE.
  • Shadow Dragon on the DS was horrible.
  • I like that Corrin is getting added to Sm4sh.
  • The 3DS version of Sm4sh is enough, not both are required. (Wii U version is better, but you don't need the Wii U version if you have the 3DS one)
  • Pokemon - Gen I and II aren't nearly as good as Gen III and VI are for gameplay.
  • I don't care about the competitive aspect of Pokemon. I mean some battles do make it what it is, like the gyms and a few trainers, but I prefer the exploration part.
  • The 3D graphics are exactly what the series needed to be pristine.
  • Console over PC

And the big one (I bet there is hardly anyone in the world who agrees):
Almost every M-rated game is really poor for me. I can't enjoy most of them whatsoever, unless they really don't focus on shooting. The only one I actually want to try would be Conker's Bad Fur Day, as inappropriate as it would be, at least it's a good style game, in my opinion.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:19:39 17/12/2015 by weebbby
#27 Posted: 20:58:52 13/10/2015
Revolutionary wasn't the best word choice, but they certainly have a lot more depth than NSMB2. My point was that while it isn't a Shovel Knight or DKC tier platformer, it's still a pretty good game on its own.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#28 Posted: 22:02:18 13/10/2015
I'm actually looking forward to Metroid Prime: Federation Force. It's not the triumphant return of Metroid that I was hoping for, but it can't be any worse than Metroid: Other M.

I think the Wii versions of Metroid Prime 1 and 2: Echoes are better than the originals. Okay, maybe I'm being a bit unfair since I haven't played the original Metroid Prime yet, but... The original Metroid Prime 2 made me want to throw the GameCube controller against a wall. The controls just made it very not fun to me. (is this an unpopular opinion? seems to vary by where i go)

Phantasy Star Online, while still very, very good, is not the perfection so many fans insist it is (I've seen plenty of fans treat its flaws as genius game design for crying out loud). Gameplay-wise, Phantasy Star Universe and Online 2 improved on it so much it's not even funny, but I still see people scream 'OMG NOT PSO 1 THEREFORE IT'S BAD' and demand Phantasy Star Online with prettier graphics. 'Bout the only thing I can agree with is that I miss Phantasy Star Online's atmosphere, which was great.

Skyward Sword is my favorite Legend of Zelda game so far.

I kinda have to echo weebbby's last statement a little bit... While I wouldn't say almost every M-rated game is "absolute crap" (there are too many well-made games with that rating for it to be the case)... I rarely find myself interested in them. The only M-rated game I've been interested enough in to buy (and actually enjoy) is XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within. Okay, I do own Borderlands 2, but that's because it was on sale and a friend wanted me to try it. I still have no idea whether or not I'll like it, but I don't feel much about it currently. It's just there.

I really want XCOM 2, though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:54 12/05/2016 by IsisStormDragon
#29 Posted: 22:05:49 13/10/2015
^ Yeah I should reword that.
I mean I threw in an almost, but absolute shouldn't be there, along with a comment that it's that way for my enjoyment.

EDIT: Did reword it, as well as this post.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:07 13/10/2015 by weebbby
#30 Posted: 22:10:20 13/10/2015
Being M-rated doesn't make a game bad, it's just that most M-rated games are the same old "violent with a lot of swearing and a bald space marine as the protagonist" shtick. There are still plenty that are really good and different though.

Like South Park: The Stick of Truth is M-rated, but the stuff that game has in it is not stuff you're gonna see in any other game.
---
#31 Posted: 22:49:53 13/10/2015
I find M-rated games having the same issues as cartoons - it's all too easy to rely on edginess instead of delivering a good product based on how far you can go with adult ratings.Probably the same should be said for all demographics,but with M-rated it's pretty much that issue of "having to appear grown up" instead of combining everything that you could do.

Like,look at Bayonetta for example. Blood? Sure. Sexual overtones? Tons. But it doesn't stop there - it goes crazy with how campy the violence can get. You do hot potato with rockets, ram evil car angels(long story) with a motorcycle, crazy combos from ground to air that ignore physics to the point it's hilarious. There's edgy moments, not an edgy appeal.
To stay on topic, I'm totally okay with short hair Bayo. Character design changes that don't feel uncessary and have the added bonus of reflecting the character's mood are amazing.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:27 13/10/2015 by Bifrost
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#32 Posted: 23:13:59 13/10/2015
here's some of the ones i had from the other topic:

Quote:
Dark Pit was a nice addition to Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U even if he didn't deserve it.

While I do enjoy Ocarina of Time, it is the most overrated game I have ever played. I enjoyed Zelda games like Wind Waker and A Link Between Worlds more than this entry.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter was a great game.

Quote:
I enjoyed Sonic 06 more than I did Sonic Adventure 2.

While I'm not trying to say 06 is good by any means, it's still a bad game, there were still things I legitimately liked about the game. The music like most Sonic games is fantastic, and I really dug playing as Sonic, Silver, Blaze, and Omega, because I really got a kick out of their gameplay styles and level design(except for the bullcrap that plagues them, such as the mach speed sections). Otherwise I hated the game for just about every other reason people hated the game(except for the glitches, which I loved exploiting). And with Sonic 06, I never once wanted to rage quit or stop playing because I was sick of the terrible things it kept throwing at me, not even the mach speed sections or town missions.

Sonic Adventure 2, on the other hand, frustrated me so much that I ended up breaking one of my controllers playing it. I'll give it props for doing some good things: the music is still decent for the most part, Sonic's and a few of Shadow's levels are great, the game itself looked alright, and the story, while plothole-heavy, was still at least enjoyable(especially compared to 06, which had an awful story). But that's all I really enjoyed about the game. First off, I absolutely hated the Knuckles/Rouge stages. They significantly butchered what made Knuckles' stages so much fun in Adventure 1, most in part that the level design requires you to be familiar with it in the first place in order to know where you're even going, and the fact that the radar was downgraded from Adventure 1. Only being able to find one treasure at a time was an awful design choice, and one that baffles me most for the Sonic franchise as a whole. Knuckles/Rouge stages can be pretty freaking long as a result of these problems as well. Tails/Eggman stages aren't as bad, but they still are for the most part. Never mind the logic behind Tails being in a mech rather than, you know, ON HIS FEET(I know Tails being playable was a last minute decision, but they were able to program him just fine on his feet in the Chao garden. why did he need a mech? to have the third gameplay style more fitting with Eggman? one extra gameplay style wasn't going to hurt the game, especially in this case), but the controls during these levels are seriously stiff. It is so hard to try maneuvering these mechs, and platforming feels slow and sluggish as a result. The only stage I liked was Eggman's last stage, but that was only because the anti-gravity mechanic in it made platforming and controlling the mech a lot easier. The final story segment is also just as bad. It was a stupid design choice to make this section so frustratingly hard. I had to backtrack to a previous level because it was near-impossible to complete without a certain item from one of Knuckles' stages. YOU CAN'T DESIGN A FINAL LEVEL LIKE THAT, especially when an item like this one is already difficult to find on its own because of Knuckles and Rouge's horrible stages. When I finished the game, I didn't feel satisfied at all. I just had a huge sigh of relief that it was all over. I have never been so angry at a video game in my entire life. Lastly, I never really enjoyed the Chao Garden in Adventure 1, and it's the same case here. Something about the Chao Garden didn't really fancy me.

Again, I want to emphasize that I don't think 06 was a good game. it's still terrible. Not mentioning the things I liked about 06, the rest of the gameplay styles were awful and poorly handled, not to mention were coupled with poor level design, the game controls awkwardly and too precisely, the load times are way too excessive, the hubworld and town missions are the worst things to ever grace a Sonic game, and the story is garbage(let alone one of the worst stories i've come across in any form of entertainment). I'm saying that Sonic Adventure 2, with its faults I talked about earlier, is worse. I can't recommend Adventure 2 or Sonic 06 to anyone because both games have cons that heavily outweigh the pros to me, and Adventure 2, in my opinion, has more overall cons than 06 did. I'd rather play a Sonic game I can enjoy almost entirely, such as CD, Adventure 1, or Colors.

Quote:
Super Mario Bros 2 USA is my favorite 2D Mario game.

Super Smash Bros Melee is my least favorite Smash Bros game. I mean, I enjoy it, but not to the extent that I enjoy Wii U/3DS, Brawl, or even 64.

Super Mario 64 is my least favorite 3D Mario game. I understand it was revolutionary at the time, and I think it's still pretty fun to play, but imo it hasn't aged very well and I think the 3D Mario games just got significantly better with each release after this game, with 3D World being my favorite game in the mainstream Super Mario series.

I think Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale is a great game. It's no Smash Bros, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

Also I hate Titanfall. It's one of the worst games I have ever played.
---
Cool cool.
#33 Posted: 23:28:08 13/10/2015
I don't get what people's issue with Rosalina's voice actress (Laura Faye Smith) in Mario Kart 8 is, especially since it's the same one as in 3D World, which people love.

Yeah she sounds a little more excited than normal but even then, she's still way more reserved and less obnoxious than all of the other characters, and she was no different in MKWii and MK7, she just had different voice actors there. And I dunno about you, but if I was riding an anti-gravity quad bike up a waterfall, I'd be pretty ****ing stoked. It's not like saying "Wooooo!" or whatever in that situation is unrealistic. And when she isn't boosting or whatever, her voice clips are very calm, sometimes with a slight touch of "polite sass" which is a new element they have been adding to her character in spin-off games which I think actually makes a lot of sense for her (and it's just hilarious anyway).

Also it's been officially stated that Rosalina is a bit of a gearhead (and in Galaxy she was shown to be a talented engineer and architect from a very young age so it's not like it came out of nowhere) so of all of the characters in the Mario universe, she's probably within the top 3 or 5 that would get the most excited over going fast in cool vehicles, which a lot of people seem to forget.

That being said, the one thing I will agree with is that they should keep the echo in her voice. In all of Laura's instances of playing Rosalina, they don't give her that ethereal echo she's always had for some reason. I can understand it being gone in 3D World since she'd probably drown out the other characters voices, not to mention that you need to be able to hear things in the Beep Block stages and what not, but that doesn't apply to Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10.

Also I do agree that some of her voice clips did start to sound really OoC in Mario Party 10, to the point where I thought some of them were coming from Peach when she was also on screen, they were that high pitched, and in general Rosalina was a bit too uppity in that game. I also didn't like how characters like Rosalina, Wario, and Mario were portrayed as being absolutely terrified of Bowser in Mario Party 10 (in the little preview screen for the Bowser mini-games, Rosalina moans "Noooooo!" as if she's being raped and it's the most cringeworthy and OoC thing they've ever done with her). I know that Bowser Party is meant to overglorify Bowser but I still thought that it was a bit much to have Bowser's long time arch nemesis, the "take no **** from anybody" who thinks he's number one anti-hero of the franchise, and the literal god (possibly even more than that) of the Mario universe whom holds a defining character trait of "nonchalant in the face of any and all threats" to be trembling and screaming in fear at the sight of Bowser, especially since he's no stranger to them. A little attention to detail to vary the reactions of the characters based on their actual personalities/relations to Bowser would have went a long way towards making the game less cringeworthy for fans of these characters.

And yes I do care about characterisation in Mario. My favourite Mario games tend to be the ones that do it well for at least one of the main characters. I'd have a much greater interest in the series overall if the characterisation was more consistent with some characters. Because really, there is no excuse for poor or OoC characterisation in a game as simple as Mario Party.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:32:57 13/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#34 Posted: 23:48:40 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't mean to go off-topic, but watching over the cosmos and possessing supernatural powers =/= deity.

Especially considering that - as you said in the other topic - she had all of the power stars powering her starship taken.

That, and the fact that in Galaxy 2 Bowser basically captured her starship.

Granted she is very powerful, but it seems like she isn't capable of too much when **** like this happens, and she started out as just an ordinary girl anyways.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:21 13/10/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#35 Posted: 00:11:13 14/10/2015
I don't mean to go off-topic, but watching over the cosmos and possessing supernatural powers =/= deity.

Especially considering that - as you said in the other topic - she had all of the power stars powering her starship taken.

That, and the fact that in Galaxy 2 Bowser basically captured her starship.

Granted she is very powerful, but it seems like she isn't capable of too much when **** like this happens, and she started out as just an ordinary girl anyways.

I never said that was what made her a deity but whatever.

And you will note that I also said how that didn't make any sense at all given the powers she's been shown to have. It doesn't mean she isn't powerful, it was just Miyamoto cockblocking the writers because we still need an excuse for Mario to be the main player character. It's also no different to the age old question of "why doesn't Mega Man teleport straight to the Robot Master?" and other such things. "Video game logic" as it is. If they let Rosalina do her thing in Galaxy, then there would be no game.

Also Bowser didn't capture her and the Observatory in Galaxy 2. If you got that one from Mario Wiki, then there's your problem right there. They're a terrible resource for story/lore stuff, and always have been.

Also I don't see how her origins reflect her character status now.

In any case, believe whatever you want about her powers or whatever but it still makes no sense for her to be screaming like that over Bowser of all things and it's totally OoC, given things like this:

Quote: Official Rosalina bio on the Amiibo Website
Rosalina travels through space in a starship called the Comet Observatory. Motherly and protective of the many Lumas that she travels with, she guards the cosmos against any and all threats. Wielding a Star Wand and her signature blue dress, Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:08 14/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#36 Posted: 00:29:10 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I didn't get it from the wiki, I was playing the actual game. :/

I do consider her extremely powerful, but not a deity.

And I never said that it wasn't OoC for her, just that I don't believe that she is any sort of deity.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#37 Posted: 00:41:36 14/10/2015
I actually highly dislike Borderlands: The PreSequel, compared to 1,2, and TFTB.

I played the Star Wars Battlefront beta and thought it was really great, and not too much like Battlefield. I don't understand most of the complaints against it (minus the $50 Season Pass).

I didn't like Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby compared to X and Y.

I thought Batman: Arkham Knight was a really good game. The PC release was definitely troubled, but the console versions were superb.

I think Fenris and Solas (from 2 and Inquisition, respectively) are two of the most boring characters in Dragon Age, and the worst possible romances. They're both so bland and boring compared to the other companions and romances.

I've never liked Earthbound and I doubt I ever will.
#38 Posted: 00:45:32 14/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Being M-rated doesn't make a game bad, it's just that most M-rated games are the same old "violent with a lot of swearing and a bald space marine as the protagonist" shtick. There are still plenty that are really good and different though.

Like South Park: The Stick of Truth is M-rated, but the stuff that game has in it is not stuff you're gonna see in any other game.

I know it doesn't make it bad, it's just that I can't find many (if any, none that I've yet played, but I want to try Bad Fur Day) that are enjoyable for me.
#39 Posted: 01:37:13 14/10/2015
I didn't get it from the wiki, I was playing the actual game. :/

I do consider her extremely powerful, but not a deity.

And I never said that it wasn't OoC for her, just that I don't believe that she is any sort of deity.

Then you misinterpreted the events somehow. I've heard that one before but it's a more uncommon one. In any case, Rosalina and her Observatory weren't held captive in Galaxy 2.

Whether or not you consider her one is irrelevant, by dictionary definition she is one. If not more (I've seen it suggested that she more fits the definition of "fourth dimensional being", which is higher than a god or deity. Which I can see, though I don't fully grasp that just yet).
---
#40 Posted: 01:48:37 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Then you misinterpreted the events somehow. I've heard that one before but it's a more uncommon one. In any case, Rosalina and her Observatory weren't held captive in Galaxy 2.

Whether or not you consider her one is irrelevant, by dictionary definition she is one. If not more (I've seen it suggested that she more fits the definition of "fourth dimensional being", which is higher than a god or deity. Which I can see, though I don't fully grasp that just yet).

Dude, the giant ****ing Bowser head was literally pulling in her starship. :/

Once again, super natural powers =/= deity.

And don't even bother with the giant wall of text that doesn't make any sense explaining why she's a god because she really isn't. You over-glorify her too much.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:52:48 14/10/2015 by Sesshomaru75
#41 Posted: 02:00:24 14/10/2015
No it wasn't. It was a comet. Lubba comments on it, and says it's a comet. And it looks just like every other comet in the game. Furthermore, Rosalina herself never mentions being in trouble, she simply thanks Mario for looking after Young Master Luma while she searched for him. Furthermore, if she was in trouble, her Cosmic Spirit would not be able to help you in levels when you mess up too much.

And once again, I never said super natural powers make her a deity.

And no, I don't over-glorify her. I am far from the only person who took Rosalina as some sort of deity or higher being. It seemed fairly blatant to me.

I mean, this is the same character with a literal other universe inside of her gown.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:01:40 14/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2246
#42 Posted: 02:43:41 14/10/2015
I don't like modern Nintendo games

I think Sonic died after 2005, maybe even 1998

I think Skylander Swap Force is the best game, Spyro's adventure only takes the top spot because of 5 year old nostalgia

I prefer PS4 over Xbone

I prefer console over PC

I don't like most MMO's

I don't like TLOS. At all.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3039
#43 Posted: 02:50:26 14/10/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I don't like modern Nintendo games

I think Sonic died after 2005, maybe even 1998

I think Skylander Swap Force is the best game, Spyro's adventure only takes the top spot because of 5 year old nostalgia

I prefer PS4 over Xbone

I prefer console over PC

I don't like most MMO's

I don't like TLOS. At all.

Agreed.People say the story is so gooddd.But i judge a game by its gameplay so yeah......Rayman Legends was a much better game and should have gotten game of the year
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#44 Posted: 03:15:20 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
No it wasn't. It was a comet. Lubba comments on it, and says it's a comet. And it looks just like every other comet in the game. Furthermore, Rosalina herself never mentions being in trouble, she simply thanks Mario for looking after Young Master Luma while she searched for him. Furthermore, if she was in trouble, her Cosmic Spirit would not be able to help you in levels when you mess up too much.

Except the comet turned out to be her starship, but w/e.
#45 Posted: 10:00:26 14/10/2015
No it didn't. Again, that was never remotely brought up.
---
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#46 Posted: 16:11:42 14/10/2015
I hate it when new games try to be retro.

I also hate it when they give the main character zero personality, then make the lame ass excuse that "the main character is you!!!"
#47 Posted: 16:43:29 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
No it didn't. Again, that was never remotely brought up.

I know what I saw, man.
#48 Posted: 16:50:31 14/10/2015
^Whatever helps ya sleep at night, kid.

---------

Sonic Heroes is a fun game. Flawed, but I do like it, and the concept is still really cool. I wouldn't mind a Sonic Heroes 2.
---
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#49 Posted: 17:03:45 14/10/2015
Most of the BIT.TRIP games I find stupid.

Levels in some of these games have poorly designed segments where it's either luck based or you will die for the first time you come across it. It's basically a game of memory. I stopped playing four of these games. The only BIT.TRIP games I play now are RUNNER, Runner 2, and FLUX.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Iceclaw Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#50 Posted: 23:08:05 14/10/2015
Sonic 06 was okay
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Page 1 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me