Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Triple Pack #1: Jet Stream, Shark Tank, Terrafin - Amazon Exclusive
Page 1 of 1
Triple Pack #1: Jet Stream, Shark Tank, Terrafin - Amazon Exclusive [CLOSED]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#1 Posted: 05:25:20 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Per Amazon's page, this is exclusive to them. If this has already been posted I'll close this.

I was hoping bestbuy was getting this for GCU but oh well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ...d_i=11008720011
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#2 Posted: 05:53:57 13/10/2015
for only $30? that's cheaper than the two vehicles alone. I think I may be done buying anything until i see what other value packs come out
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#3 Posted: 11:54:28 13/10/2015
That's, interesting. What if all three packs are Amazon Exclusives? I hope not.
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#4 Posted: 19:38:11 13/10/2015
There's only two triples so not that big of a deal. And if Amazon gets them all, you'll have a single internet ordering point with all the stock.

Not a bad proposition.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#5 Posted: 19:55:39 13/10/2015
Thats actually really good... I'll have to show my dad this (Christmas Present?)
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#6 Posted: 20:08:31 13/10/2015
If I was a completionist collector, I would not get this unless I knew regular Jet Vac was coming out as a single. His vehicle is now in this triple pack, a single, and the combo pack but regular Hurricane Jet Vac is only in the combo pack so far so if you get that, you get jet stream.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:55 13/10/2015 by lamoracke
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#7 Posted: 20:15:11 13/10/2015
Single Jet-Vacs are confirmed in wave 3.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#8 Posted: 21:37:39 13/10/2015
This is the most reasonably priced MSRP of all the Superchargers products I've seen to date. It averages out to ~$10 per playable product.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#9 Posted: 23:31:10 13/10/2015
Quote: mastermc54
This is the most reasonably priced MSRP of all the Superchargers products I've seen to date. It averages out to ~$10 per playable product.

Yeah, ironically the same price point we USED to get before the newer OPTIMISTIC PRICING model took effect. I can say I'm out of the franchise on the next price hike.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 13:22:27 14/10/2015
I still remember when Skylanders were $7.99 and triple and adventure packs were $19.99 at TRU.
#11 Posted: 13:32:15 14/10/2015
Quote: defpally
I still remember when Skylanders were $7.99 and triple and adventure packs were $19.99 at TRU.

Right, and now with the Best Buy discount I'm struggling to get to 10.39 and 11.99 prices. Voting with my wallet on the next uptick.
#12 Posted: 14:10:39 14/10/2015
Retailers seem to be advertising Superchargers stuff without giving any discount/sale prices this year. They are listed in this week's Best Buy ad without any discount and were also in Target's ad a few weeks back at MSRP. It used to be quite standard to see Target sales in past years where the $15 gimmick character (Giant, Swapper, Trapmaster) was marked down to $10, but perhaps retailers are confused this time around with all the different price points between Supercharger figures, vehicles, combo packs, racing packs, and triple packs (Amazon exclusive for the first pack it seems). Let's hope retailers other than TRU start offering some sales soon. Until those sales start popping up, I am fine with my collection where it is right now. I have beaten the main storyline game (much quicker than Trap Team) and don't feel the game offers much with any new purchases I will be making. Since I'm not huge on the racing, I feel like I'm good so long as I have one each of a land vehicle, a sky vehicle, and a sea vehicle. In fact, I'm at a crossroads where I may just stick to only collecting actual Superchargers and skip out on vehicles from here on out...especially considering the vehicles may mainly be the "one and done" gimmick with limited (if any) utility in future games.
#13 Posted: 14:18:30 14/10/2015
This hasn't gone unnoticed by me as well...although we're very early in the game's lifecycle. I suspect it may come sooner if sell through doesn't start becoming brisk.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:19:11 14/10/2015 by TakeYourLemons
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#14 Posted: 17:05:47 14/10/2015
With the lack of any serious sales yet, I would moreso suspect that Activision bumped their prices to retailers. If Activision really did have the poor sales with Trap Team that some folks claim, it would not be a shock if they bumped prices to keep their earnings high and investors happy while simultaneously killing what margins Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. had. If margins are down, retailers won't offer sales/discounts/etc. because they're already closer to the bone than they would like to be. If this is the case, most of the time retailers will never back down on their prices for such items unless they just desperately want to clear the stock out for shelf space and are willing to (and able to) write off the loss. Walk into a Kmart and take a look at 10-15 year old cordless phone batteries that are still marked up to $25-30 and you'll see what I mean. (shrug) At this point we're all just spitballing, but it would be really nice if someone on the inside would either come forward with an official answer or if there were some sort of leak that give folks a heads up about what's going on.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#15 Posted: 19:34:32 14/10/2015
We have a toy store owner on this forum who comments occasionally. He can clarify if Activision is charging stores more for the figures. Lack of sales is counter-intuitive as retailers like Walmart will stop selling Skylanders and consumers will feel the money drain that much more. Considering there's more Toys to Life franchises than ever fighting for shelf space, strong arming retailers with higher prices can only backfire. On the bright side, if the franchise dies due to such poor decisions by Activision, we'll all have a little more money in our wallets to spend on other stuff.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#16 Posted: 22:54:37 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Mainly why so far all ive gotten is the starter, an air combo and a water combo. The cost is higher.
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#17 Posted: 00:30:31 15/10/2015
I hate to be the one to say this but this could be a huge hit for the series. MOST people are literally going to buy one of each vehicle and may or may not even buy more skylanders. Thus making their sales a lot less, and hurting the series. I know i have gotten the dark starter, the water pack, the terrafin pack (BC I love him) and the sky pack. I plan on selling the figures from the sky pack as i dont need or like them. I have 2 of each vehicle and that's it for me. I've literally spent all the money i'm going to spend on this game. I only got the dark edition because I own every dark skylander. I LOVE the series of games, but making the "theme" characters (now vehicles) useless after each game is turning people off more and more each year. Collectors will always buy everything, but the casual player will not.
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#18 Posted: 15:28:51 15/10/2015
I don't ever remember gimmick figures being $10 except for Black Friday (or at Sams Club). Actually, I don't remember very many good sales before then, but I could be wrong, as I always just waited until Black Friday.
#19 Posted: 20:40:56 15/10/2015
Quote: obidawsn
I don't ever remember gimmick figures being $10 except for Black Friday (or at Sams Club). Actually, I don't remember very many good sales before then, but I could be wrong, as I always just waited until Black Friday.

I bought some Trapmasters in early November last year and clearly remember them being $10 at Target...it might've been a 2 for $20 or 3 for $30, but it definitely was around that time period since I bought them at a Target while visiting family in Massachusetts. I also went in for a price adjustment on the Nitro Krypt King which I had bought online that week. I believe it was about 2 or 3 weeks before Thanksgiving.
#20 Posted: 06:18:37 18/12/2015
This triple pack is down to $20 at Amazon now...a decent deal for 2 vehicles and a Supercharger.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#21 Posted: 19:46:07 18/12/2015
Just seen this three pack at TRU....and there 50% off right now..
Just a heads up
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#22 Posted: 23:22:25 18/12/2015
any idea when triple pack number 2 will come out? bone bash roller brawler with her vehicle and the splatter splasher.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me