Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > stephenie meyer confirmed to be gender-swapping her twilight series
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
stephenie meyer confirmed to be gender-swapping her twilight series [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1 Posted: 04:11:10 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

starring beau and edythe

lmao it sounds **** and i've never wanted anything to do with the series, but i so want to read it just for laughs

what i want to know is how the heck is the pregnancy bit is going to work lmao
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#2 Posted: 04:15:27 13/10/2015
I expect mpreg to be honest.

Edit: I'm not saying I want to see Mpreg. I'm saying that I'm guessing she will probably put it in there.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:31 13/10/2015 by DragonCamo
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#3 Posted: 04:21:45 13/10/2015
wtf.... Just why.... Obviously milking it and out of ideas at this point.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 05:00:51 13/10/2015
*Enter picture of Twilight Sparkle as a vampire*
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9994
#5 Posted: 05:01:28 13/10/2015
There's bits and pieces of it floating around on the internet and let me tell you Meyer managed to somehow make her writing worse
---
Twinkies and 2hus
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#6 Posted: 05:09:31 13/10/2015
what the actual ****.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#7 Posted: 06:07:09 13/10/2015
isnt this what fanfictions are for
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#8 Posted: 06:09:19 13/10/2015
All the ships of the male and female counterparts together.

Jacob+ His female counterpart
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#9 Posted: 06:17:40 13/10/2015
There's trying to make money, then there's blatant casg grabbing. This falls into the latter.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#10 Posted: 06:34:14 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
i wonder what jacob would be like genderswapped
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11 Posted: 06:38:29 13/10/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
i wonder what jacob would be like genderswapped

20 bucks says his name will be Jackie or Jaclyn in that book.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#12 Posted: 07:28:41 13/10/2015
Quote: Windumup
*Enter picture of Twilight Sparkle as a vampire*

Ask and though shalt receive.
[User Posted Image]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#13 Posted: 08:44:51 13/10/2015
I thought that the 'evil internet trolls' had won when they leaked one of the books and she wasn't going to do anything else with it. Well, get ready for a bunch of girls telling their boyfriends to read this(or vice versa) because it's a totally acurate depiction of a relationship. Dear lord.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#14 Posted: 08:46:20 13/10/2015
It would still suck.

Male-Bella (Bert?) would just be yet another bland anime harem protagonist with his head up his ass while eats grey sludge for nourishment. Probably played by Sam Worthlesston.

Female-Edward (Edel?) would just be a lame-version of Carmilla.

Female-Jacob (Jane-ob?) would probably be played by Megan Fox so would suck even more 'cus Megan Fox has no personality.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#15 Posted: 10:08:20 13/10/2015
I would post a gif of a cash grab, but I couldn't find one. Though this is really a cash-grab, isn't it? Why on earth do we need more Twilight in this world? What will be the new stupid love pairing(s)? Who will care about the book apart from girls thirsty for more vampire love action? Find out in Twilight: The Blatant Cash Grab, coming to your local bookstores today!

The real question though is will it be a better love story than Twilight itself?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#16 Posted: 10:49:43 13/10/2015
Stephenie at one point rewrote the first Twilight book, but in Edward's perspective.

Let me tell you, if you thought the originals were were bad, this one takes the cake.

[User Posted Image]

It never got finished though, because she got upset when someone leaked it.
#17 Posted: 10:57:58 13/10/2015
Yeah, this was the leaked one that made Meyer throw a temper tantrum. Mostly because people who shared it would do that to laugh.

Well, here's hoping that she'll tone dowb the gross racism; I'm seriously against defacing books but the urge to stab a copy was huge when I saw reviews talking about her, uh... Knowledge of Brazil and its people. For those who haven't seen it, we swapped places with Chile and are a bunch of supersticious weirdos, on top of her normal racism against anything that isn't snow-white.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:58:48 13/10/2015 by Bifrost
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#18 Posted: 11:09:44 13/10/2015
if she's really doing this, then she knows what she's doing

writing this genderbent series is going to get her more media attention and money than writing something unrelated would

why? simply because of the fact that well, people are critizing it (well deserved, dont mistake me)

all that just gets her more media buzz and will eventually get people to buy, i mean who doesn't want a laugh

EDIT: sorry if this was already said orz
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:34:58 13/10/2015 by Sky Airglow
#19 Posted: 12:21:44 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StevemacQ
It would still suck.

Male-Bella (Bert?) would just be yet another bland anime harem protagonist with his head up his ass while eats grey sludge for nourishment. Probably played by Sam Worthlesston.

Female-Edward (Edel?) would just be a lame-version of Carmilla.

Female-Jacob (Jane-ob?) would probably be played by Megan Fox so would suck even more 'cus Megan Fox has no personality.

lmao the only good character in the series ruined

although i guess alice was pretty cool too
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:20 13/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#20 Posted: 12:31:15 13/10/2015
Quote: Kitty
Stephenie at one point rewrote the first Twilight book, but in Edward's perspective.

Let me tell you, if you thought the originals were were bad, this one takes the cake.

[User Posted Image]

Hearing about this just rubs me the wrong way. She should have finished the book even if it was leaked because people who like Meyer's stuff would have enjoyed it, at least. It would be like if they stopped making Spyro games because haters exist!
#21 Posted: 12:38:49 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
^ Yeah I thought that was quite childish of her. Her fans were disappointed that it wasn't finished. And tbh I don't see what's so bad about something being leaked? It's like, it's not like they've read the entire story or something.
---
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#22 Posted: 12:54:52 13/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I thought that the 'evil internet trolls' had won when they leaked one of the books and she wasn't going to do anything else with it. Well, get ready for a bunch of girls telling their boyfriends to read this(or vice versa) because it's a totally acurate depiction of a relationship. Dear lord.

TFIOS is still the most accurate depiction of a relationship in all literature
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#23 Posted: 12:55:34 13/10/2015
Quote: Kitty

[User Posted Image]

WE MUST LEAK ALL OF THEM
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#24 Posted: 13:03:15 13/10/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
^ Yeah I thought that was quite childish of her. Her fans were disappointed that it wasn't finished. And tbh I don't see what's so bad about something being leaked? It's like, it's not like they've read the entire story or something.

Reminds me of when Namco threatened to remove new Japanese and Arabian characters from Tekken 7 because a bunch of peckerwoods were complaining on the internet about characters promoting cultures outside of their own (Even in a foreign game). Turned out it was just a joke but, at least for the time being, the old peckerwood seemed quite happy about having a game with less content, so long as it remained 100% bleachy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:52 13/10/2015 by QueenChrysalis
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#25 Posted: 13:10:01 13/10/2015
I seriously have to wonder how with the supposed horrid writing, the unprofessional behavior, and the mindset of thinking she has how she still manages to find work and get her stuff published on a large scale.

Like yeah I know her books made money before so publishers might pick her up based on that but even from the first book if the writing is as awful as it sounds why was she picked up in the first place?
#26 Posted: 13:14:58 13/10/2015
No such thing as bad publicity. People buy books to laugh at or see what the big deal is, publisher makes money since to write that bad she must be pretty quick to finish them.

Though... Man, supporting someone who's clearly got issues(if Edward's actor's words on how she acted near him are to be believed) and thinks that abuse is right and living in the past century is the perfect ideology. It's messed up for both sides.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:15:48 13/10/2015 by Bifrost
#27 Posted: 13:17:59 13/10/2015
Quote: CAV
I seriously have to wonder how with the supposed horrid writing, the unprofessional behavior, and the mindset of thinking she has how she still manages to find work and get her stuff published on a large scale.

Like yeah I know her books made money before so publishers might pick her up based on that but even from the first book if the writing is as awful as it sounds why was she picked up in the first place?

Because Meyer is not the worst writer out there. Not even close. Just spend a couple hours reading My Little Pony fanfiction and you will see what I'm talking about.
#28 Posted: 13:24:21 13/10/2015
^I'm aware of what you're talking about and yeah she isn't the worst writer out there. But she's still a supposedly horrid (say that because I never bothered to read her stuff) writer still getting huge publication and film deals. The writer for Sweet Apple Massacre isn't about to get a film written about his works any time soon but Meyer still does.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#29 Posted: 17:36:13 13/10/2015
Still a- *shot a million times*

But really, how many more cash grabs can they crank out? I can see the next one now: Twilight: the first book reimagined from the reimagined version of it, coming soon to a bookstore near you!
---
Dead
#30 Posted: 18:00:23 13/10/2015
^I'm aware of what you're talking about and yeah she isn't the worst writer out there. But she's still a supposedly horrid (say that because I never bothered to read her stuff) writer still getting huge publication and film deals. The writer for Sweet Apple Massacre isn't about to get a film written about his works any time soon but Meyer still does.

My dad actually got roped into the hype and forced me to read it, trying to get me to read more books that aren't manga. Got halfway through the second before I was cheering for Bella's death.

From what I remember of the first book, the overall writing style wasn't too bad and she clearly understood how to use the English language, but it didn't really follow the traditional storyline format. There was just 20 or so chapters of bull**** Bella drooling over Edward followed by 1 of plot thickens, another 2 of climax in the story where other vampire tries to kill Bella, then finally quickly wrapped up with Edward busts in kills vampire, then done.

It was honestly boring as hell with little to keep you interested unless you're caught up in the whole idea of vampires and believing it as "romance". The second was even worse since it was longer. Edward ran off leaving Bella to drown in depression for over half the book. I gave up when she's driving some motorcycle along some mountain road being all depressed and almost suicidal. I legit cheered for her to just jump off the cliff.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#31 Posted: 18:07:09 13/10/2015
Quote: Cynderfan507
I once saw an article online months ago saying that she didn't care about Twilight anymore. Well... Look where that went... :/
It was either a fake article, or she's really that indecisive.

Really isn't good to say you don't care about something you made. Says alot about her character if true.

It's also possible she was asked to do it by greedy publishers and she is doing it solely for the money.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#32 Posted: 18:10:24 13/10/2015
Quote: Seiki

My dad actually got roped into the hype and forced me to read it, trying to get me to read more books that aren't manga.

That's like my mom asking me to stop listening to Motörhead. It'll never happen (she hasn't yet).
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#33 Posted: 18:25:35 13/10/2015
Its Fanfiction.Bad fanfiction.Thank god ive never read the book.The movie was bad.I do think its not as bad as other movies....But still bad.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#34 Posted: 18:27:29 13/10/2015
I once saw an article online months ago saying that she didn't care about Twilight anymore. Well... Look where that went... :/

Really isn't good to say you don't care about something you made. Says alot about her character if true.

It's also possible she was asked to do it by greedy publishers and she is doing it solely for the money.

Filmmakers and musicians all the time express how they might be unhappy with how something came out, especially if fans also felt it wasn't very good.

But if what she says is true then either she's trying to revise and improve the story along with the genderswap, or yeah she's selling out and did it for the inevitable money.
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#35 Posted: 18:42:46 13/10/2015
Quote: Iceclaw
There's bits and pieces of it floating around on the internet and let me tell you Meyer managed to somehow make her writing worse

inb4 new fanfiction based on this new twilight series

fanfiction becomes gender-swapped fifty shades

we are doomed
#36 Posted: 19:25:33 13/10/2015
Okay, but can it be worse then 50 Shades of Gray? Because that was actual published fanfiction with the names changed.
---
#37 Posted: 19:37:22 13/10/2015
Quote: parisruelz12
Okay, but can it be worse then 50 Shades of Gray? Because that was actual published fanfiction with the names changed.

Who's to say this didn't start the same way, to some other vampire series? Fanfics are just about anything.
---
#38 Posted: 20:02:47 13/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: parisruelz12

Who's to say this didn't start the same way, to some other vampire series? Fanfics are just about anything.

That's true.
---
#39 Posted: 20:49:19 13/10/2015

Filmmakers and musicians all the time express how they might be unhappy with how something came out, especially if fans also felt it wasn't very good.

But if what she says is true then either she's trying to revise and improve the story along with the genderswap, or yeah she's selling out and did it for the inevitable money.

There's a difference between being unhappy with something and not caring about about it. One, you still own up to a mistake, the other it's simply losing interest after pouring your heart and soul into it.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#40 Posted: 21:36:11 13/10/2015
Quote: Crystal Dragon

we are doomed

....i

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:02 13/10/2015 by IsisStormDragon
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9994
#41 Posted: 22:21:45 13/10/2015
Quote: Crystal Dragon

we are doomed

No!!!! NO!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#42 Posted: 22:49:45 13/10/2015
I will definitely be reading this book. I'll go into it with an open mind.

I'll let you guys know how it is once I finish it.
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#43 Posted: 23:09:21 13/10/2015
Payday The Heist predicted this, it was always coming.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#44 Posted: 01:26:35 14/10/2015
I was just at Barnes and Nobles yesterday and saw it there. smilie Picked it up, flipped to the summary out of curiosity, then closed it. Had no clue what was happening, lol.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#45 Posted: 06:50:07 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I might borrow it someday if it shows up at the Library. But if it doesn't then I won't read it, since it's not worth buying.

I swear publishing companies have really low standards because I see a lot off books on the shelf that are garbage now. Yet they still get a lot of fame. Like Divergent for example. That was a terrible series.

Although at the same time it gives me hope of being successful with my own book, since I literally think 'If ****ty books like Twilight, Divergent, Mortal Instruments, etc can get publish and become really popular, then mine will have no problem'. I know that's not a good mindset, but I can't help it. xD
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:08:21 14/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#46 Posted: 08:42:49 14/10/2015
Don't forget publishers also seem to have some special cases where they won't lift a finger to help improve the book. I bet someone remembers Eragon - if it wasn't for the fact that Paolini was related to higher ups in the publisher, maybe the editors would actually have the guts to trim the crazy amounts of filler in the book and make it so much more acessible and enjoyable.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:43:41 14/10/2015 by Bifrost
#47 Posted: 08:57:17 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
^ Agreed. I adored the whole concept Paolini's Eragon series, I loved the whole Dragon-rider thing, I loved the Eragon & Saphira duo since they were a great pair and Paolini is an amazing writer, but it just didn't deliver very well. I actually enjoyed the first book (although I thought it could have been better. The journey shouldn't have been as long as it was), but the second book was too boring for me. I got a third way through Eldest and ended up dropping it.
---
#48 Posted: 11:28:27 14/10/2015
I gave up on Brisingr, and I'll tell you it doesn't get any better. Filler on top of filler, entire pages for a single action. Editors aren't always evil evil people who destroy the book's innocence, on that case, Paolini was young and wouldn't really get that kids his age like getting to the action faster since LOTR and similar are for an older dempgraphic, nor he should, that's what editors are for.

On Meyer's case, I doubt they read the books they publish, let alone edit it except for grammar mistakes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:05 14/10/2015 by Bifrost
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me