Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Do Avatars have Effect on how you see users?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Do Avatars have Effect on how you see users? [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#51 Posted: 18:58:06 09/10/2015
do u like my avatar
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#52 Posted: 19:51:21 09/10/2015
Quote: QueenChrysalis
People I look down upon with increasing levels of severity;

1. People with a default avatar
  2. People with no avatar (Especially if they've been on the site for a long time, some of my skype friends fall into this category. Reag!)
  3. People who's avatar is a distracting .gif
  4. People who's avatar is a "joke"
  5. People who's avatar is a meme
  6. People who's avatar is a "funny" face
  7. People who's avatar is from a "popular" Triple-A male orientated videogame like Call of Duty, Fallout, or Dishonored.
  8. People who's avatar is from a "Funny" youtube video.
  9. "People" who's avatar is from the pony.mov series (Anybody who falls into this category should be hung, drawn and quartered)

(Dis)honorable mention: People who watched any pony.mov video and got even the slightest amount of enjoyment out of it.

Not only was the pony.mov comments really unnessacary, but also it's just about as not okay as you make the pony.mov out.

The rest of this is
[User Posted Image]
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#53 Posted: 21:25:16 09/10/2015

2. People with no avatar (Especially if they've been on the site for a long time, some of my skype friends fall into this category. Reag!)
  7. People who's avatar is from a "popular" Triple-A male orientated videogame like Call of Duty, Fallout, or Dishonored.
  9. "People" who's avatar is from the pony.mov series (Anybody who falls into this category should be hung, drawn and quartered)

(Dis)honorable mention: People who watched any pony.mov video and got even the slightest amount of enjoyment out of it.

i like you. you got a pony avatar and you say this. thats funny
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#54 Posted: 21:31:56 09/10/2015

y u gotta be such a sour sally :^(
imo i thought the pony.mov vids were ****ing hilarious
im sorry im so subhuman.....
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#55 Posted: 22:34:43 09/10/2015
Not much, but I think I subconsciously think of people with better avatars (good cropping, pleasing colors, overall nice to look at) slightly better.

[User Posted Image]
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#56 Posted: 23:12:29 09/10/2015

Sir, does my avatar meet your standards, sir?
---
Dead
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#57 Posted: 23:48:32 09/10/2015

If what you enjoy is a show in which Pinkie Pie turns to Spike and says that her dad something something there is no way I could describe that part without getting banned, then yes. You are sub-human.

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:19 09/10/2015 by Kitty
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#58 Posted: 23:51:36 09/10/2015
Quote: CAV
Quote:
If what you enjoy is a show in which Pinkie Pie turns to Spike and says that her dad something something there is no way I could describe that part without getting banned, then yes. You are sub-human.

Oh my god IT GOT IN MY MOUUUTH

SHE ****ED A SNAIL
---
self professed austGAYlian
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#59 Posted: 23:59:03 09/10/2015
I probably shouldn't have to say the obvious,but if you're seeing people as sub-human for liking an animation based entirely on shock value and getting as audacious as possible(and pretty sure that's not the first time the animator went for that), dunno, it's very petty and you're not any better for wishing death upon them. Save that for actual horrid people, or better,no one at all.

But uh since the subject got derailed... I like having comic art as my avatar or my own fanart if it looks remotely finished. I'd just mistake myself for other people when using the default avatars; and though some are very nice, I usually find something that looks better.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:15 10/10/2015 by Bifrost
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#60 Posted: 00:28:32 10/10/2015
Quote: ReshiramForever
Quote: CAV
Quote:

Oh my god IT GOT IN MY MOUUUTH

SHE ****ED A SNAIL

STAY OUT OF MY SHED!
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
DubstepSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 381
#61 Posted: 05:01:17 10/10/2015

Are music albums as avatars okay? Since I have one as an avatar right now.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#62 Posted: 05:49:00 10/10/2015
Quote: DubstepSpyro

Are music albums as avatars okay? Since I have one as an avatar right now.

no. people with music albums as avatars need to die a horrible death
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12122
#63 Posted: 06:04:59 10/10/2015
This is all a joke right?

...Right?
Rin Blue Sparx Gems: 934
#64 Posted: 07:27:20 10/10/2015
Quote: Spyro Fanatic

...Right?

I hope so.
---
Gone.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#65 Posted: 10:14:37 10/10/2015
Honestly, Avatars might effect my image on people for a bit. It might be due to my downhill mood....

That makes me wonder how people think of me, and if my avatar effects that thought....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:29 10/10/2015 by BlackWing116
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#66 Posted: 11:39:13 10/10/2015
When I see completely new users to me, I will probably see them as their avatars D::
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#67 Posted: 12:44:25 10/10/2015
Quote: BlackWing116
Honestly, Avatars might effect my image on people for a bit. It might be due to my downhill mood....

That makes me wonder how people think of me, and if my avatar effects that thought....

I can guarantee you that it does effect that thought. I don't mean that it's always a negative thing, but your avatars make your "downhill mood" very obvious to anyone who knows you.
#68 Posted: 12:47:24 10/10/2015
Quote: Samius

I can guarantee you that it does effect that thought. I don't mean that it's always a negative thing, but your avatars make your "downhill mood" very obvious to anyone who knows you.

Do you think that thought would change upon me changing my avatar to something so non-obvious it would absolutely not look like what I currently have?
#69 Posted: 13:10:18 10/10/2015
I think that something more neutral would help both you and other users every now and then. I remembered having a very angry day on DS not too long ago,and looking at an angry/bothered Hex avatar I had at the time made me feel like I was acting the part a bit too much. That's just me though,it could change for everyone,and hardly all users take the avatar's tone as the user's.
---
#70 Posted: 13:56:14 10/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I think that something more neutral would help both you and other users every now and then. I remembered having a very angry day on DS not too long ago,and looking at an angry/bothered Hex avatar I had at the time made me feel like I was acting the part a bit too much. That's just me though,it could change for everyone,and hardly all users take the avatar's tone as the user's.

So, for example. If I take a Avatar of a smiling character with rainbows.... will it make me happy?
#71 Posted: 13:59:47 10/10/2015
No,but if it's some joke you thought it was funny, you'd at least get a smile even if what you're typing isn't as cheerful. The thing to keep in mind is that you're seeing that as long as you're on the forum.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#72 Posted: 14:20:38 10/10/2015
Quote: Spyro Fanatic

...Right?

Meh, I'm not really paying attention to it. ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#73 Posted: 16:09:47 10/10/2015

Do you think that thought would change upon me changing my avatar to something so non-obvious it would absolutely not look like what I currently have?

I do believe so. At least people would see that you're trying to leave all that behind you.

And to be honest, it might even make a difference in how you see yourself.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#74 Posted: 16:51:08 10/10/2015
Quote: Batzooka119
If you have a Steven Universe avatar, I automatically think less of you.

jesus christ

100 bucks you only watched the promos and never watched a good episode (95% of the show)
---
My life is complete.
#75 Posted: 17:28:52 10/10/2015

I do believe so. At least people would see that you're trying to leave all that behind you.

And to be honest, it might even make a difference in how you see yourself.

Heh. Thanks for telling me that. It might be a good idea to try.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me