Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Does your name affect how you act?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Does your name affect how you act? [CLOSED]
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1 Posted: 00:37:53 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't know, and I doubt it does. But I feel like it does.

Talking about real names, not usernames.
My name "Michael" I think suits me well, I imagine if I was named something different, I would act different. For some reason, when I see other people, their name seems to register in my head with their personality, even if someone says they don't like their name, it usually always seems like it fits to me.

Do you think names affect how people act? Do you like your name?

Don't know what to expect from a serious topic in S&N.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2 Posted: 00:40:25 08/10/2015
anybody named chad is a dick

i don't care where you live, or how many times you pray in a day

if your name is chad

you are a dick
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#3 Posted: 01:09:25 08/10/2015
Quote: hardcoreignitor

if your name is chad

you are a dick

Funny cause the nicest person I know is named Chad
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#4 Posted: 02:00:52 08/10/2015
My name means princess, but I don't think that fits me? Idk, you'd have to ask someone who knows me well. I suppose just the name suits me, since I'm so used to it I can't think of what else would look good on me lol I do sometimes wish I had a different name though, 'cause there are a ton of Sarahs and having a less common name would be cool. My last name makes up for that though, so eh.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#5 Posted: 02:03:01 08/10/2015
i remember this coming up in a sociology class. names do affect how you act apparently. it was discussed when we brought up kip kinkel....
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#6 Posted: 02:04:11 08/10/2015
Not really. I mean, it can cause me to kinda get annoyed with others who spell it wrong, but other then that no.

Apparently my name means "to tame" like wtf. I was known as the wild child and I'm supposed to tame something??? Also many think my name is evil and demonic so that suits me pretty well.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:09:38 08/10/2015 by DragonCamo
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#7 Posted: 02:06:03 08/10/2015
when i google my name it means swift. i like running and i talk fast so
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#8 Posted: 02:12:45 08/10/2015
I never thought much of it. My name means "bearing Christ" and I can't really see myself with a different name (though I was supposedly almost named Michael?).
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#9 Posted: 02:12:54 08/10/2015
Steven means victorious which I am not. :c
#10 Posted: 02:14:24 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Where is everyone suddenly finding "what their names mean"?
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#11 Posted: 02:20:58 08/10/2015
I don't think so , I know plenty of people (or a couple depending on the name) with the same name and they have completely different personalities.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#12 Posted: 02:22:41 08/10/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Where is everyone suddenly finding "what their names mean"?

Urban dictionary

"A cool name that has nothing to do with the devils son.
You hear me you fruity religion obsessed **** bags.
I saw some guy kicked out of a church.
I went to help him and he said his name was Damian
I befriended him and now nuns chase me with torches every sunday.
"
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#13 Posted: 02:25:11 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I just looked mine up.
Well well well, looks like they actually got something right.

Urban Dictionary says:
"A very cool guy who makes everyone laugh. Once you meet him, you will want to be his friend right away. He is super cute and very good-looking. He has amazing taste...in music, clothes, food, everything. Every girl secretly wishes that he could be her boyfriend...mainly because he recently broke up with his girlfriend...mainly because everyone knows that he likes commitment...mainly because he is sweet and knows how to treat a girl...mainly because however strange and wierd he may be, he's perfect. In his own little way, he is perfect.
Michael a very cool person."
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#14 Posted: 02:27:08 08/10/2015
A lot of Jacobs/Jakes I know are douchebags.
#15 Posted: 02:27:36 08/10/2015
^ woah looks like the person who wrote that used mainly too much...

Edit: Ninja'd but yeah
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:28:07 08/10/2015 by spyroisthebest8
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#16 Posted: 02:29:49 08/10/2015
idk about my name but I see what you mean. I believe it's just general association and stuff, like a cringe when I see/hear the name Bea because a person I've had bad experiences with has that name.

but here's the Urban Dictionary profile about my name:

Quote:
Erica
name origin is: Scandinavian
name meaning: honorable ruler.

1. Erica is loyal, sometimes to her own detriment. She is dependable, social and friendly, a tower of strength in a crises.
most Erica's are of short to average height, they are usually nice to look at ranging from cute to beautiful.
"Erica will always be there when you need her"

thanks snowkitty01 for writing a profile for it because it was most likely your name
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:35:39 08/10/2015 by TheFlyingSeal
#17 Posted: 02:30:09 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroisthebest8
^ woah looks like the person who wrote that used mainly too much...

Edit: Ninja'd but yeah

Noticed that too. I guess it's hard not to mess up when writing about Michael. I could think about him all the time <3
Oh wait.
#18 Posted: 02:34:03 08/10/2015
Quote: Urban Dictionary
an amazing girl, extremely beautiful, does cute things all the time, great at drawing, great at kissing, pretty much great at everything she ever does, knows how to make a guy feel amazing, a girl very easy to love.
Hey, is that a god?
Nope, it's just Sophia.

Ahahahaha whoever wrote this is funny smilie
#19 Posted: 02:35:16 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I guess it's just past experiences and pre concieved ideas on people that make you think someone with a particular name acts a certain way, and it's just coincidence of they do.

I swear, some people with some names act the same way you'd expect them too. Most people I know act the way I'd expect them too because of their names, but maybe I'm just thinking a little too hard.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#20 Posted: 02:39:25 08/10/2015
idk i'd like to believe all that good stuff but at the same time it feels kinda dumb to
lets see what the meaning behind my name is
Quote: urban dictionary
Brittany's are very attractive, popular, and have good hearts. Everyone wishes to be as cool as the Brittany's and are jealous when they can't compare.
Brittanys can be insecure but they shouldn't be, people try to bring them down but Brittanys will always end up winning...they need to realize how wonderful they are. Guys are intimidated to ask them out just because Brittanys are so unique and awesome.

lmfao B^)
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#21 Posted: 02:41:44 08/10/2015
I think its just the person, I don't believe in the Urban Dictionary definitions on names, it's just a coincidence like horoscopes if it actually applies to you. Whatever you're named imo is what you're named and I really don't think it affects your personality.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#22 Posted: 03:18:44 08/10/2015
the name "elijah" is forever ruined for me
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#23 Posted: 03:20:21 08/10/2015
A lot of Jacobs/Jakes I know are douchebags.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#24 Posted: 04:14:23 08/10/2015
Ahem:

The name of Will creates a very passive, easy-going, friendly nature. You love people and desire to get along with everyone you meet. Your desire for sociability and the pleasant things in life is a trait that makes you too easily influenced through your associations. You have imagination and many ideas but you lack the drive or initiative to put these into effect. It is difficult for you to say "no" and mean it or to carry through with any commitments you have made. This name makes you too lackadaisical. Due to procrastination you have many unfulfilled desires. It is not a constructive name, as it lacks practicality, system and order, organizing ability, astuteness, and the ability to make decisions and act upon them. You often lean upon the strength of those around you for guidance. You appreciate the finer things in life such as nice clothes, pleasant surroundings, and friendly companions. You find it difficult to tolerate circumstances that are not up to your particular standards. This name makes you fond of pastries, candies, or any of the foods that are particularly satisfying to the taste. The physical weakness created by this name affects the fluid functions of the body causing such ailments as weak kidneys, over-stoutness, or an imbalance of water in the blood.

Oh dear god.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#25 Posted: 04:21:21 08/10/2015
like you know how hitler ruined the name "adolf" for everyone???

these names are ruined for me in a similar fashion:

"elijah" -WORST OF THE WORST, 0/10 NO ONE NAMED ELIJAH HAS EVER DONE ANYTHING GOOD
"jessica" -they'll all break your heart then actively try to ruin your life
"angie" -usually pretentious jerk who exploits your weaknesses for her personal gain
"susanna" -will pretend to be your friend but would throw you under a bus in a heartbeat
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:26:46 08/10/2015 by StriderSwag
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#26 Posted: 04:34:26 08/10/2015
Jared is an awful name and everyone with that name is awful.

Also looked my name up on urban dictionary and everyone thinks I'm amazing. A+
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#27 Posted: 04:38:50 08/10/2015
"Alex
noun.
Someone that is of extreme greatness. Often considered as a god in some religions. Also means cool.

WORDS RELATED TO ALEX
gay sex sexy awesome cool love amazing funny penis dick ***** hot ass pussy sweet slut"

accurate
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:15 08/10/2015 by StriderSwag
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#28 Posted: 12:12:28 08/10/2015
My name has nothing to do with my personality.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#29 Posted: 12:19:33 08/10/2015
http://www.urbandictionary.com...e=search-action

Lolwut
No.
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#30 Posted: 13:53:18 08/10/2015
From the English word heather for the variety of small shrubs with pink or white flowers which commonly grow in rocky areas. It is derived from Middle English hather. It was first used as a given name in the late 19th century, though it did not become popular until the last half of the 20th century.

*didn't use urban dictionary because it didn't have the actual meaning of my name*
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#31 Posted: 13:56:54 08/10/2015
I like my name (Alicia). Its not too feminine, so it suits me since I'm a bit of a tomboy. It actually sounds pretty cool now that I think about it. I just wish it wasn't a common name though. I mean I know its not as common as Jessica or Amy but its still pretty up there.

It also annoys me how a lot of people pronounce it as A-lee-see-a at first when that's not how you pronounce it (for me anyway).
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:05:29 08/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#32 Posted: 14:21:30 08/10/2015
My name is just a name. It might have a meaning, but certainly has no effect on me whatsoever.

Is this an English thing?
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12108
#33 Posted: 14:26:11 08/10/2015
As quoted by Urban Dictionary, the meaning of my name is:

"Hottest chick in the world."
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#34 Posted: 14:29:09 08/10/2015
If you mean my username, no.

I don't go chomp chomp to everbody
---
^This might be sarcasm.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#35 Posted: 14:53:35 08/10/2015
All urban dictionary says about me is sexual and attractive.

So apparently I'm the antithesis? huh.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#36 Posted: 15:07:38 08/10/2015
[User Posted Image]

I dunno, other people will have to be the judge of this. My mother got it for me in a souvenir shop, in case anyone wonders why I have that.

First thing that comes up on a Google search:

Quote:
The name Aaron is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Aaron is: Lofty; exalted; high mountain. Biblically, Aaron was Moses' older brother (and keeper by God's command). He was first high priest of the Israelites, remembered for the miraculous blossoming of his staff or rod.

First three results on urban dictionary:

Quote:
In India "Aaron" is a slang word for pimp.

That why they call him Aaron, and you Homo.

Quote:
Awesome, plain and simple. Considered by most to be almost godly in nature his dick is massive and his ability to pleasure women is legendary though only a few have experienced this righteous act of manlyness. They are known to be intellectual and breathtakingly handsome although shy at a first encounter. He has been hurt but due to his stubbornness he doesn't allow it to happen again. There was and will be only one. So don't **** with an Aaron, ever, and make sure you don't misspell this work of arts name wrong, like Erin. That would be hazardous to your health.

Quote:
The name that really means "My parents were too lazy to look past the first name in the book"... or, just a really cool guy in general. Best name ever.
Aaron: Hey, my parents were too lazy to actually look past the first name in the book

That first one is false, I'm pretty sure.

That second one makes me sound like a Gary Stu anime protagonist or something.

The third one is probably the actual reason why I have the name.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:09:50 08/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#37 Posted: 15:47:53 08/10/2015
My name has a pretty silly pointless meaning, at least last time I checked; but nowadays it's associated with some other people known for liking or doing horrible puns. Guess at least that I can identify with :U
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#38 Posted: 16:08:54 08/10/2015
Quote: Samius
My name is just a name. It might have a meaning, but certainly has no effect on me whatsoever.

Is this an English thing?

Not to my knowledge. Feels a bit like a shower thought.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#39 Posted: 16:40:49 08/10/2015
Quote: Urban Dictionary
A Evie is a beautfuil kind hearted girl, she puts her friends and families needs before herself. A unique name and a unique personality, her eyes are a colour of beauty and she makes friends wherever she goes and knows how to make people laugh and smile

I think I like this definition better though

Quote:
A girl who may look small and not someone who could do a lot of damage but she who will kill you all. Possibly whilst riding a unicorn.

Have you seen Evie around?" "No, but I found some unicorn tracks and some blood" "Oh dear God!
Rin Blue Sparx Gems: 934
#40 Posted: 20:20:31 08/10/2015
My name means peace. But it also can mean curse. I think it suits me.
---
Gone.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#41 Posted: 20:23:30 08/10/2015
there's one thing i know for sure and thats everyone who is named aiden or any kind of variant is a douchenozzle bumhole
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#42 Posted: 20:29:57 08/10/2015
Quote:
Jamie
A girl who is intelligent, yet silly. A girl who is cold on the outside, yet warm and cuddly on the inside. A girl who tell her friends everything, yet she has many secrets hidden. A girl who is a great friend, yet a worthy advesary if you are not a friend of hers. A girl who is extremely sweet and innocent, yet she kicks someone's ass when necessary.

l e l
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#43 Posted: 20:36:37 08/10/2015
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=adam

Quote: Adam
The first man to ever get laid

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote: Adam
a goofy,funny,crazii,outgoing,loving person!
a guy with this name is amazing. he is adorable and very caring person. he will always be there for you. he might have the nicknamegoober. he can make you laugh no matter what,even if ur having the worst day ever. some people may call him weird or strange, but if he wasnt all of those things then he wouldn't be goober. he is a remarkable person,trustworthy, and an awesome friend.
you are being so adam/goober!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:44 08/10/2015 by TTD
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#44 Posted: 20:42:31 08/10/2015
After searching up my name....I feel like more of a failure and a idiot I bring shame to my own name.
---
POPSMARTS!
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#45 Posted: 21:56:56 08/10/2015
I don't think my real name has any personality traits
It's related to Catholicism but I'm no longer Catholic
---
Twinkies and 2hus
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#46 Posted: 22:00:58 08/10/2015
i hate my name and i hate myself, idk if they're correlating factors however
---
tubular
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#47 Posted: 22:03:12 08/10/2015

if your name is chad

you are a dick

is your name chad then???

i kid i kid you're actually a really nice person
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:52 08/10/2015 by TacoMakerSkys
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#48 Posted: 23:22:31 08/10/2015
No.

I don't know why it would, either.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#49 Posted: 18:06:10 09/10/2015
This is a lie D;>
I'm no god, though it may explain some of why I'm so ****ed up smilie

Daniel

This is a difficult name to define because it defies many boundaries of human perception, let alone various languages. One of the closest translations that experts give is God or many other variations of that general idea.
Other definitions are thought to be:
Tao
Chi
The Great Spirit
Chuck Norris
Energy
Infinity
Sublime
ect
Despite the fact that various names have been pinned to Daniel, its seems that all of the above examples (including that of God)cannot even withstand the magnitude of Daniel.
The reason this name continues to elude even the brightest of human minds is that the idea of Daniel cannot possibly exist in a dimensional state. Daniel is so powerful, it defies all laws of this or any other universe. Recent studies have shown that people who have attempted to comprehend this name have either disappeared, died spontaneously, or driven themselves into a pertinent state of insanity and/or catatonia. One common belief is that Daniel is possibly the grounds on which everything and nothing is based. It seems to surpass the idea of infinity. Quantum physicists report that this Daniel is Everything and Nothing. It or He is said to have unexplainable connections with the String and Superstring Theories as Daniel resonates within every single layer of the multi-dimensional complex and yet still exists beyond that point which is where scientists have lost the trail. Various theologists and spiritual leaders believe that Daniel is one who is, as they say, "The Answer". All attempts to understand this idea of Daniel have failed.

Daniel. Nothing else can describe him.
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#50 Posted: 21:42:33 09/10/2015

if your name is chad

you are a dick

/r9k/ pls leave
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me