Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Starter Chracters Price Drop? [CLOSED]
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 23:36:00 02/10/2015 | Topic Creator
When do you guys think the prices will fall? I want a solid and real Hot Streak and Wildfire, since I will only be getting the app and not the Starter Pack for iOS.

Also, Stormblade+Sky Slicer or Thrillipede+Buzz Wing? I like Stormbalde>Thrillipede, but Buzz Wing>Sky Slicer, so I'm having trouble.

Thanks!
---
^This might be sarcasm.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#2 Posted: 23:56:11 02/10/2015
Best bet is to wait for a Best Buy sale which you can stack with Gamers Club Unlocked 20% off or wait until Black Friday to see if Toys R Us runs a BOGO 70% off sale like they did the past 2 years. There won't be a general price drop for any Superchargers stuff for almost a year when they start clearing out for a new game.

The starter pack characters will probably be cheapest on EBay in early 2016...you can even monitor right now considering a lot of Amiibo-only collectors are dumping their starter pack contents which aren't Amiibo.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:05 02/10/2015 by mastermc54
#3 Posted: 23:58:17 02/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: mastermc54
Best bet is to wait for a Best Buy sale which you can stack with Gamers Club Unlocked 20% off or wait until Black Friday to see if Toys R Us runs a BOGO 70% off sale like they did the past 2 years. There won't be a general price drop for any Superchargers stuff for almost a year when they start clearing out for a new game.

I meant used on Amazon or eBay, sorry.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#4 Posted: 17:08:38 03/10/2015
You might be able to get Dark Spitfire and Dark Hot Streak for cheap. It's all supply and demand, when Activision replaced some of the characters in the Nintendo versions with Donkey Kong & Bowser, it created demand for the ones that weren't available, like regular Spitfire and Dark Stealth Elf; while adding an abundance of Dark Spitfire and regular Stealth Elf to the supply.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#5 Posted: 21:48:37 03/10/2015
So much pain could've been avoided if they'd just packaged Spitfire with Bowser instead of giving us a second Stealth Elf (and a second character with a sky vehicle, at that). It would be one thing if Spitfire were available separately, but since he's not Activision is basically forcing Nintendo owners to buy him used, which is why Spitfire and Hot Streak are in such high demand right now. How does us buying Spitfire and Hot Streak used help Activision? Just doesn't make sense.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:51 03/10/2015 by Muffin Man
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#6 Posted: 01:09:51 04/10/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
So much pain could've been avoided if they'd just packaged Spitfire with Bowser instead of giving us a second Stealth Elf (and a second character with a sky vehicle, at that). It would be one thing if Spitfire were available separately, but since he's not Activision is basically forcing Nintendo owners to buy him used, which is why Spitfire and Hot Streak are in such high demand right now. How does us buying Spitfire and Hot Streak used help Activision? Just doesn't make sense.

I plan to get the non-dark versions of starter pack characters next year when the starter packs are $25 or less. It's not like the regular versions of Trap Team, Swap Force, or prior games have disappeared from online retailers...heck, I bought an extra set of Swap Force starter pack characters new off an Amazon seller for $4 shipped earlier this year. Activision isn't forcing Nintendo owners to buy anything as of right now...patience is the key to getting starter pack characters at a decent price. As long as people have the dark versions of the characters they want for their collections right now, there's absolutely nothing to worry about as history has shown us over and over again regular starter packs for all systems will drop in price with time. If you can't wait until next year, then I'm willing to bet waiting until the 3rd week of November will net you a new starter pack for about $35-40.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7 Posted: 01:46:21 04/10/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: Muffin Man

I plan to get the non-dark versions of starter pack characters next year when the starter packs are $25 or less. It's not like the regular versions of Trap Team, Swap Force, or prior games have disappeared from online retailers...heck, I bought an extra set of Swap Force starter pack characters new off an Amazon seller for $4 shipped earlier this year. Activision isn't forcing Nintendo owners to buy anything as of right now...patience is the key to getting starter pack characters at a decent price. As long as people have the dark versions of the characters they want for their collections right now, there's absolutely nothing to worry about as history has shown us over and over again regular starter packs for all systems will drop in price with time. If you can't wait until next year, then I'm willing to bet waiting until the 3rd week of November will net you a new starter pack for about $35-40.

Pretty much my feelings atm. So far all ive gotten is the dark wii u copy and the dark ps4 copy during the tru bogo 40
%. I'll work on the rest later on. I feel TRU prob ordered a ton of the dark wii so im holding off on that for now.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#8 Posted: 03:11:19 04/10/2015
I expect Black Friday to be a bonanza for TTL products. This time around, I'm all about the sales. The only ones I'll buy without a sale are variants.
#9 Posted: 15:30:18 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
eBay has them both for ~$13 each. Not worth, it, it's only a few dollars below the other figures. I'll wait until the tablet version comes out, and I'll see what happens.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me