Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
E3 Hot Streak Variant at Gamestop [CLOSED]
Searchghost Green Sparx Gems: 339
#1 Posted: 19:28:50 30/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I went to Gamestop yesterday because Darth Vader came out for Disney Infinity. While I was making my way to get one, I was examining the rack of used Skylanders and could not believe what I saw. Hanging there was the E3 Yellow and Red Variant of Hot Streak for $14.99. I got up to the cashier, explained what it was and asked them who traded this in. He said that it was a gift to the manager who didn't play skylanders, so he put it up for sale in the store.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 20:18:27 30/09/2015
LUCKY.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#3 Posted: 22:19:18 30/09/2015
Oh.
My
Gosh.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
Flaccid Hot Dog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3362
#4 Posted: 13:10:44 01/10/2015
Quote: Searchghost
I went to Gamestop yesterday because Darth Vader came out for Disney Infinity. While I was making my way to get one, I was examining the rack of used Skylanders and could not believe what I saw. Hanging there was the E3 Yellow and Red Variant of Hot Streak for $14.99. I got up to the cashier, explained what it was and asked them who traded this in. He said that it was a gift to the manager who didn't play skylanders, so he put it up for sale in the store.

Would you like to prove that you're telling the truth by selling that toy to me? Tell me a reasonable price, and I will show you how honest this offer is.

Sincerely,
Flaccid Hot Dog
#5 Posted: 15:14:38 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Nah, I'm good, thanks.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#6 Posted: 15:36:30 01/10/2015
Nah, I'm good, thanks.

*slowclap*
#7 Posted: 17:59:52 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
What? I'm not a very witty person.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#8 Posted: 18:15:53 01/10/2015
It's from the movies, where someone give a great response to something, and one person starts slow clapping, and then it erupts into applause. Just a way of saying your response was good.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:16:10 01/10/2015 by SSj3 Derek
#9 Posted: 20:22:25 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
^ ^ Oh, now I get it. Thanks! @Drawdler, thanks! It's the coolest variant of Hot Streak by far in my opinion.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:26:23 01/10/2015 by Searchghost
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#10 Posted: 20:43:19 01/10/2015
he's telling the truth. They get things called "Manager's Boxs" that have rare and random stuff in them. My best friend runs one of the 3 near me and got it in his box. So i got it too. He was also given The halloween Fiesta back in the middle of September.
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#11 Posted: 20:49:27 01/10/2015
Quote: DGAFPolar
he's telling the truth. They get things called "Manager's Boxs" that have rare and random stuff in them. My best friend runs one of the 3 near me and got it in his box. So i got it too. He was also given The halloween Fiesta back in the middle of September.

*books it to Gamestop*
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#12 Posted: 21:06:00 01/10/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
Quote: DGAFPolar

*books it to Gamestop*

lol i doubt most managers put theirs up for sale. my friend just let me scan his and the other managers sold it online. last i checked it wasnt even going for that much online
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#13 Posted: 11:32:26 02/10/2015
I've heard a few reports of managers giving these away for free to customers
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#14 Posted: 13:17:42 02/10/2015
I found one of these in the exact same place in a GS in AZ. I talked to the manager and he said that he would never play SSC as well so he "traded it in" so to speak. I am glad that I ran into it like @Searchghost. I guess that these GS managers have no idea what these are worth.

<shrug>

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 13:23:40 02/10/2015
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
I found one of these in the exact same place in a GS in AZ. I talked to the manager and he said that he would never play SSC as well so he "traded it in" so to speak. I am glad that I ran into it like @Searchghost. I guess that these GS managers have no idea what these are worth.

Or they don't want to bother with EBay. People act like you can just throw things up and profit. If you do not have an established account and are suddenly selling something rare and/or valuable people are highly skeptical and your price will suffer. You also have to worry about shipping, coordinating with the buyer and dealing with potential issues. If you sell things regularly then you know the process and it is fairly painless, if you don't it is a lot of work to get set up.
#16 Posted: 16:56:58 02/10/2015 | Topic Creator
So, is this going to be a recurring thing from now on? I really don't mean to brag, but last year, a store associate at a different GS let me have the Riot Shield Shredder Trap that was hanging with all the other traps. Once again, the store manager got it as a gift, didn't play skylanders, and he put it up for sale with all the others (but since it clearly said "Not for resale", the associate just let me have it).
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#17 Posted: 17:08:57 02/10/2015
So, is this going to be a recurring thing from now on? I really don't mean to brag, but last year, a store associate at a different GS let me have the Riot Shield Shredder Trap that was hanging with all the other traps. Once again, the store manager got it as a gift, didn't play skylanders, and he put it up for sale with all the others (but since it clearly said "Not for resale", the associate just let me have it).

If your luck holds out and that particular manager stays at your local GameStop, then maybe? Every year managers who get to go to one of the GameStop expos normally get gifted with whatever giveaways there are at those events. The manager of what was then my only local store would always come back and just give the stuff away to employees who wanted the stuff or good customers that he knew or recognized. If you want to seal the deal for next year, see if you can cultivate a friendship with the manager and see if they'll agree to bring the stuff back and give/sell it to you directly versus you having to roll the dice at finding it in-store. It couldn't hurt.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#18 Posted: 13:07:06 04/10/2015
Quote: SkylanderGoo
I've heard a few reports of managers giving these away for free to customers

I went to my favorite GS yesterday and the GS manager had set this aside for me. :D
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#19 Posted: 01:12:18 05/10/2015
I rarely visit gamestop but I might take a quick peak the next time I am. Would be neat to find one of these on the cheap end.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:29 05/10/2015 by SlayerX11
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#20 Posted: 21:00:53 07/10/2015
I just came back from gamestop and had the same thing. Mine was $14.29. No joke
Machew37 Green Sparx Gems: 284
#21 Posted: 23:57:13 12/10/2015
That is how it should be done @Skylander Goo! My wife, "a Skylander grandma" likes to help out follow hunters when ever she can. And her efforts have not gone unnoticed. When we went into one of our local GS stores hunting the elusive Pantina High Volt... Peter, our favorite GS manger says "Hey, I've got something for you!" As a "thanks" for sending him customers from time to time he gave her his gifted E3 Hot Streak. Awesome kudos to Peter! Very cool!
---
"Bow to my bow!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:08 12/10/2015 by Machew37
Flaccid Hot Dog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3362
#22 Posted: 16:50:14 15/10/2015
Hey everybody, just saw that this thread was still on the first page. I would like to issue an apology to Searchghost. I am sorry for doubting you and implying that you are a liar. As a freewheeling pathological liar myself, it is good to see another example of honesty being the more popular way to conduct oneself.

All the best to you.
Flaccid Hot Dog
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me