Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > What if disney had a smash type game?
Page 1 of 1
What if disney had a smash type game? [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 03:01:26 30/09/2015 | Topic Creator
that would rock!

i can imagine some of the smash roster from all games relating to disney characters.

mario- mickey
luigi- goofy
peach- minnie
pikachu- stitch
bowser- pete
link- peter pan
zelda- tinker bell
sheik- tiger lily
ganondorf- captain hook
ice climbers- dipper and mabel
donkey kong- beast
ness- russell
captain falcon- buzz lightyear
pit- hercules
palutena- joy
jigglypuff- winnie the pooh
rob- wall e
kirby- olaf
king dedede- hunchback of notre dame
meta knight- darkwing duck
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 03:50:07 30/09/2015
We actually nearly had one.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy was going to be a Kingdom Hearts game at one point. Since Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of Disney Worlds, it would most likely have had Disney characters as well as the original Kingdom Hearts characters as playable fighters (we would have AT LEAST gotten Mickey, Donald, and Goofy). However, the idea was scrapped due to intervention from Disney, most likely because Disney wasn't OK with the idea of Disney heroes beating each other up, like Hercules beating up Mickey Mouse. We've seen Disney heroes fight their respective arch nemesises in Kingdom Hearts. And Mickey, and Donald and Goofy especially fight all sorts of creatures and people as they travel between worlds alongside Sora. However, we don't really ever see Disney heroes fighting other in the franchise. The only possible exception is the boss fight against Beast in KH2, where Donald and Goofy will accompany Sora for that fight as usual. But Beast is kind of a neutral, anti-hero at least until the end of his movie, and the same applied to the KH world, so it technically wasn't a clash of heroes. There's also the Hercules fights in the Colisseum (Sora fights alone without Donald and Goofy, but in the KH2 version of the fight, he can actually summon Chicken Little, Genie, Stitch, or Peter Pan for this fight), but they are in the clear context of Hercules competing in a tournament, and that's basically his job in the movie anyway. Plus you don't HAVE to use a summon for the fight.

I'd love a Disney fighting game (and I think making it Kingdom Hearts branded would work just fine too), but I don't see it happening because of how paranoid Disney is over it being inappropriate. For example, Hercules would be a no brainer since he'd basically be our Little Mac/Captain Falcon. But then Elsa would also likely be highly requested and would work because of her ice powers. But do you think Disney would be OK with Hercules decking Elsa in the face? Yeah, they won't let that happen.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 04:11:06 30/09/2015
Luke Skywalker will be Link.

Hades (Disney Hercules) could be our Mewtwo
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Eggs Green Sparx Gems: 159
#4 Posted: 10:06:23 30/09/2015
Quasimodo as Dedede :lol:
---
Smoke Horton Everyday
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:07:08 30/09/2015 by Eggs
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#5 Posted: 14:00:43 01/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
We actually nearly had one.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy was going to be a Kingdom Hearts game at one point. Since Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of Disney Worlds, it would most likely have had Disney characters as well as the original Kingdom Hearts characters as playable fighters (we would have AT LEAST gotten Mickey, Donald, and Goofy). However, the idea was scrapped due to intervention from Disney, most likely because Disney wasn't OK with the idea of Disney heroes beating each other up, like Hercules beating up Mickey Mouse. We've seen Disney heroes fight their respective arch nemesises in Kingdom Hearts. And Mickey, and Donald and Goofy especially fight all sorts of creatures and people as they travel between worlds alongside Sora. However, we don't really ever see Disney heroes fighting other in the franchise. The only possible exception is the boss fight against Beast in KH2, where Donald and Goofy will accompany Sora for that fight as usual. But Beast is kind of a neutral, anti-hero at least until the end of his movie, and the same applied to the KH world, so it technically wasn't a clash of heroes. There's also the Hercules fights in the Colisseum (Sora fights alone without Donald and Goofy, but in the KH2 version of the fight, he can actually summon Chicken Little, Genie, Stitch, or Peter Pan for this fight), but they are in the clear context of Hercules competing in a tournament, and that's basically his job in the movie anyway. Plus you don't HAVE to use a summon for the fight.

I'd love a Disney fighting game (and I think making it Kingdom Hearts branded would work just fine too), but I don't see it happening because of how paranoid Disney is over it being inappropriate. For example, Hercules would be a no brainer since he'd basically be our Little Mac/Captain Falcon. But then Elsa would also likely be highly requested and would work because of her ice powers. But do you think Disney would be OK with Hercules decking Elsa in the face? Yeah, they won't let that happen.

What sonicbrawler182 said.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#6 Posted: 20:45:09 01/10/2015
nemo would just flop around and eventually die.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#7 Posted: 03:48:32 05/10/2015
Can't you just squish somthing together in di toy box and make somthing like smash?
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me