Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose "Lobodestroyo: vs la Liga de los Villanos" Topic
Page 1 of 1
All Purpose "Lobodestroyo: vs la Liga de los Villanos" Topic [CLOSED]
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1 Posted: 22:18:32 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Since there is a topic for Yooka Laylee : [url]http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=114347[url/]
and A Hat in time : [url]http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=116567[url/]
(Which are both two games I look forward to! )
I think I should upload a topic of another indie dev 3D platformer: The Legend of Lobodestroyo
The Legend of el Lobodestroyo Vs. la Liga de los Villanos (Lobodestroyo for short) is a 3D Platform Game currently being developed by Left Handed Games Studios, to be released on Mac, PC, Linux, OUYA, and all three eighth generation consoles in December 2014. Like A Hat In Time, a similar Kickstarter-funded video game, Lobodestroyo seeks to revive the 3D "collectathon" genre, but this game is more specifically an homage to Rare games of the late nineties and early noughties, especially Banjo-Kazooie.
Set in Costa Lucha, a Latin American-inspired country inhabited by Funny Animals, the plot concerns Mutt, the runt of the litter in a pack of crime-fighting luchador wolves led by the legendary vigilante, El Lobodestroyo. One morning, Mutt awakens to find that the rest of the pack has been kidnapped, and El Lobodestroyo's mask and belt are strewn on the floor of their lair. Eager to prove himself a hero, Mutt decides to adopt El Lobodestroyo's identity (aided by Dorado, a sarcastic spirit that lives in the champ's belt), rescue his friends, and bring the perpetrator to justice.
Meet Mutt [User Posted Image] He's the hero!
Also A KickStarter video has been released a while back seen here :[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNHTwWv8cuA [/youtube]
And a demonstration of the Startup screen: [youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwD7C_S1Gpc [/youtube]
If you find any more information please share, and feel free to discuss!
KICKSTARTER HERE: [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lefthanded/lobodestroyo-3d-action-platformer-game [url]
Edited 12 times - Last edited at 22:05:30 03/11/2015 by Bryman04
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2 Posted: 01:13:39 29/09/2015
I actually like seeing an animal in a game's title, and then the game ACTUALLY stars that animal. ...But hey, that's me. Still, I try not to get my hopes up for games staring anthro characters.
#3 Posted: 20:28:59 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: MugoUrth
I actually like seeing an animal in a game's title, and then the game ACTUALLY stars that animal. ...But hey, that's me. Still, I try not to get my hopes up for games staring anthro characters.

I actually agree with you there! I mean, I prefer cartoony animals that are the main character of a game, like Banjo, Yooka, Spyro, etc.
Looking at another Indie Platforming game coming out, "FreezeMe", and I think the humans design looks silly, and I prefer if they changed it. I find that an cartoony anthro animals catches attention, has appeal, and stands out. ^ Your not the only one with that opinion smilie ! One question, why do you not have hopes for games that star anthro characters?
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#4 Posted: 00:32:26 30/09/2015
F U R R Y

U

R

R

Y

i'm still gonna get the game though, looks rad
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#5 Posted: 14:31:15 30/09/2015
Quote: Bryman04

I actually agree with you there! I mean, I prefer cartoony animals that are the main character of a game, like Banjo, Yooka, Spyro, etc.
Looking at another Indie Platforming game coming out, "FreezeMe", and I think the humans design looks silly, and I prefer if they changed it. I find that an cartoony anthro animals catches attention, has appeal, and stands out. ^ Your not the only one with that opinion smilie ! One question, why do you not have hopes for games that star anthro characters?

Because, sadly, too many anthro games I get my hopes up for end up sucking. smilie
#6 Posted: 20:24:19 30/09/2015 | Topic Creator

Because, sadly, too many anthro games I get my hopes up for end up sucking. smilie

Sorry to hear that! when this game comes out, I hope you enjoy it. It shouldn't be any different from Banjo-Kazzoie
#7 Posted: 21:29:04 30/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Some music has been released which uses transitions much like Rare games having a Variable Mix :

A Demo video shows off early game models

Again, if you find more information, please share!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:43 01/10/2015 by Bryman04
#8 Posted: 00:42:29 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I've dug around some more and found some more info which I'll upload
Quote: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/interview/lobodestroyo-next-gen-rare-platformer-youve-waiting/
What kind of variety in gameplay can we expect and will the game feature bosses?
Gameplay will not be all that varied mechanically, but the objectives and locals will. I am not a fan of mini-games and obligatory change-ups seen in a lot of these titles. Mutt won’t be getting behind the wheel of any random vehicles or participating in any frustrating quick-time events, for example. While the scale of this game is rather ambitious, one of the ways we are reining-in the scope is by sticking to the core platforming/collecting roots as much as we can.
Boss battles are a massive part of this game. Each world will have a primary boss who is a member of the masked Liga de los Villanos. These characters can be unmasked once defeated which grants Mutt their powers and abilities, much like the bosses in MegaMan titles. In turn, he will be able to use these new powers to take on new challenges and return to past areas and explore them further (a la Metroid). We also have sub-bosses in each world that provided a more varied, often larger scale, battle than the Liga members. For example, World One is WikiTiki Woods, a Polynesian-inspired forest world that is being deforested by the world’s villain, Gnawton Sawtooth III. He is a enterprising capitalist running the operation and is eventually who Mutt will face off with as the bosses’ Villanos battle. But the sub-boss will have players going toe-to-toe with T.I.M.B.U.R., a buzz-saw wielding deforestation machine, piloted by one of Gnawton’s Lumberchuck goons............
RARE games were known for their incredible soundtracks. Do you have any special plans for the game’s soundtrack?
Oh, yes. Our composer, Gooseworx, is working hard on a dynamic soundtrack for each world that will change based on the areas the player visits. This is inspired by the crossfading seen in the Rare N64 games like Diddy Kong Racing, DK64 and of course, the Banjo titles. Gooseworx has a sound that will be instantly appealing for those of us who are fans of Grant Kirkhope’s classic tracks. This game is going to have a killer soundtrack.................

Continue the article here:[/url]http://nintendoenthusiast.com/interview/lobodestroyo-next-gen-rare-platformer-youve-waiting/[/url]
So Far this game sounds like it's it for me. I'm totally buying it! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:00 03/10/2015 by Bryman04
#9 Posted: 01:34:58 02/10/2015 | Topic Creator
*Update* Read this interview, which I'll upload, it gives insight to the game.
Quote: http://ninside.se/exklusiv-int...m-lobodestroyo/
What are your biggest inspirations in the gaming industry in regards to what kind of game you want Lobodestroyo to become? What are the teams’ favorite 3D Action Platformers?

Lobodestroyo is firmly rooted in the platforming adventure titles on the Nintendo 64. Primarily the Rareware games. Most notably we draw inspiration from the Banjo-Kazooie games, which are our favorites, as well as their later adventure titles like Conker’s Bad Fur Day and DK64. From obvious gameplay mechanics right down to the wide cast of goofy characters- we are breathing in Rare’s influences as much as possible and hoping our fondness of their brilliant work will be channelled into Lobodestroyo.

How did you decide on the (as we interpret it) Central American/Mexican theme of Lobodestroyo? Or how would you like to describe the setting of the game and the feel you want to convey to the players?
The Mexican influence and luchador ties are very evident in the grounding of our hero Mutt and the legend of the ‘Lobodestroyo’ character. However the game quickly spirals into different worlds and themes including all the classic archetypes seen in past titles. Defeating each of the world bosses results in the player taking the masks of the bad guys and unlocking their abilities/moves, so we get a little more of the luchador theme in that way as well. Our character’s belt, Dorado, has a very inspired voice that harkens back to traditional Mexican ledges also.................

Are you planning on incorporating any interesting features or gameplay mechanics that will set Lobodestroyo apart from other games in the same genre? How will you manage to not get Lobodestroyo regarded as the runt of the litter, so to speak, compared to other similar games in the genre?

We are actually taking a somewhat backwards approach to gameplay mechanics. The basic gameplay will consist of platforming, collection, exploration and combat. And we really don’t want to stray away from that. No pop-up mini game tasks or ham-fisted vehicle segments… this is an adventure game. No more no less. My concept from the beginning has been to avoid shifting the focus to tedious micro-games when people are here to explore and collect things!

[User Posted Image] The graphics look Wind-Waker esque
How did you come up with the idea for the game’s protagonist, basically, why did Mutt end up the way he did? Did you go through a lot of different concepts before deciding on the current character?
Mutt is an amalgamation of Daxter, Banjo, Crash and Ratchet in his physical design. This is again, in tribute to the characters of adventure games past.
continue the article here: [url]http://ninside.se/exklusiv-intervju-med-lefthanded-games-studio-om-lobodestroyo/[url]it is an intresting read!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:33:58 02/10/2015 by Bryman04
#10 Posted: 19:50:01 02/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Some Demo Videos

#11 Posted: 20:01:44 02/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Despite the age of the article, from 2013, website gamnesia had an interview with James Guy, creator of Lobodestroyo : [url]http://www.gamnesia.com/articles/interview-with-james-guy-creative-director-of-lobodestroyo[url]Quote: James Guy Interview
You cite Metroid, Mega Man, and Banjo-Kazooie as the main inspirations behind the game's design; a lot of people have reminisced of the Rare platformers of old, but this is the first time I've heard of the arm-cannon duo being brought into the mix. It's unique, and the way you describe it is intriguing; what was the appeal in these franchises specifically that made you think they'd work together?
In Mega Man and Metroid you earn abilities of the bosses you defeat, and use your new abilities and moves to retrace your steps and gain access to new areas... These are traits we wanted to include in our game from day one. While this is far from revolutionary in the action-platformer genre, we want to play up the fact that we are leaning on these classic mechanics and infuse that logic into the Banjo/Mario 64 style gameplay as much as possible. The mask system we are developing will let players switch between the various abilities on the fly, allowing Mutt to perform alternate moves depending on which one of the boss masks he has equipped. Physical changes to the player character will also represent how much the player has accomplished in the game. Upgraded boots, trunks, gloves and capes will alter the appearance of Mutt in addition to the various elemental masks the player obtains from boss battles.
#12 Posted: 16:23:34 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Here's some interesting news, Everyone's favorite composer, Grant Kirkhope, who has worked on music for Banjo- Kazooie, and is working on Yooka- Laylee, has worked on a track for The Legend of Lobodestroyo- with Gooseworx, composer for Lobodestroyo, which Gooseworx will remix.
NEWS: http://nintendoeverything.com/...r-lobodestroyo/
SOURCE: http://www.nintybuzz.com/2014/...n-lobodestroyo/
It's exciting news for sure! smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 23:14:54 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't know if it is relative anymore, because I'm not sure you can still fund the kickstarter, but this page gives a lot of insight on the game.
[url]http://malerfique.tumblr.com/post/94371188098/lobodestroyo-rareware-inspired-3d-action [url]I love the amount of artwork seen here, and it continues to sound like a game that knows what it wants to achieve. Looking forward to this game.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5327
#14 Posted: 05:54:17 09/10/2015
This game looks promising. Need to see it in action, of course, but I love its style.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#15 Posted: 15:09:22 09/10/2015
You know, I'm going to be honest... I'm not sure I like Lobodestroyo all that much despite being anthro. He just seems to be more of a generic furry anthro rather than a cartoon/video game anthro which I tend to prefer.
#16 Posted: 21:16:31 10/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Muffin Man
This game looks promising. Need to see it in action, of course, but I love its style.

I agree with you there! I really enjoy the comic book art stlye it has in its artwork, and I love the current direction it is taking. If it were to be released as an Alpha or Beta like A Hat in Time has, I would be eager to get my hands on it, as I would want to see what the game is going to be like. But of course, more development needs to occur.
#17 Posted: 19:59:21 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Here is an unbiased article I found giving a comparison between Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, and Lobodestroyo.
[url]https://gamingreinvented.com/news/nintendo3dsnews/the-3d-platformer-comparison-yooka-laylee-a-hat-in-time-or-lobodestroyo/ [url]I find the comparison fair, and insightful.
#18 Posted: 20:06:29 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
You know, I'm going to be honest... I'm not sure I like Lobodestroyo all that much despite being anthro. He just seems to be more of a generic furry anthro rather than a cartoon/video game anthro which I tend to prefer.

Ya know what's funny about this game? Compared to Yooka-Laylee, and A Hat in Time, this game is the underdog of the two! heh, get it? Ugh, I'm terrible at puns... But seriously, I understand how you feel, MugoUrth. Oh, and I'm sorry for my terrible jokes. But this game really is the unpopular one of the bunch.
#19 Posted: 23:00:59 12/10/2015

Ya know what's funny about this game? Compared to Yooka-Laylee, and A Hat in Time, this game is the underdog of the two! heh, get it? Ugh, I'm terrible at puns... But seriously, I understand how you feel, MugoUrth. Oh, and I'm sorry for my terrible jokes. But this game really is the unpopular one of the bunch.

Hey, I'd still play it though, but that's mostly because I'll play anything with anthros/non humans in them. I'm just not sure I have the same attachment towards this guy that I do Yooka or (especially) Laylee (because I absolutely adore bats). ...Still, that might be why Hat in Time doesn't interest me as much, though I'm more open towards games staring humans if the villains are mostly human as well.
#20 Posted: 20:10:38 01/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm really excited for Yooka-Laylee as well! But a Topic for it already exsists, so I am doing Lobodestroyo. But I get what you mean about Mutt being generic, I think that the developers are placing him as the Straight Man, an the only remotely interesting thing about him is that he is dressed as a Luchador, which is something I haven't seen before.
#21 Posted: 22:10:21 03/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I am updating this topic to an All Purpose Topic, hoping for more insight from others on this game.
#22 Posted: 23:31:13 03/11/2015
I wish I had insight to give, but I'm not sure what to say.
#23 Posted: 01:34:28 04/11/2015
The in-progress gameplay shots in their most recent update look really cool. I wonder how long until we see actual gameplay video, though?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#24 Posted: 21:33:23 05/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I wish I had insight to give, but I'm not sure what to say.

^ Hey, it's alright, I was just hoping more people would notice my topic. smilie

Quote: Muffin Man
The in-progress gameplay shots in their most recent update look really cool. I wonder how long until we see actual gameplay video, though?

^ could you upload some of the pictures, I'm having a bad internet connection right now smilie
#25 Posted: 23:37:27 05/11/2015

^ could you upload some of the pictures, I'm having a bad internet connection right now smilie

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
-----
---
Boop me if you see this.
#26 Posted: 21:44:05 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
^ Thanks Muffin Man! And the in-progress gameplay shots do look good. They give me a general idea of what is done so far.

And

Quote: Drawdler
I like the humour, but I need to see way more of the gameplay/levels before I decide wether to buy.

Gotta say, really glad there are more 3D platformers popping up through indies.

I too am glad to see more indie developed 3D platform collect-a-thons too.
#27 Posted: 21:53:09 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Some music to check out.

The pause menu:

Gnawton's Mansion:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:03 17/11/2015 by Bryman04
#28 Posted: 22:12:08 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I know I shouldn't do this but......
I saw another Indie game reminiscent of 3D collect-a-thon platformers such as Banjo-Kazooie:
"Clive N Wrench"
it used to look quite ugly back then, but a new, recent, art style looks quite appealing and improvements to the game have been made. I remember seeing the old game back then and ignoring it completely thinking it worthless. But seeing a recent update gives me a slight hope for the game.
Here's that update in question: (keep in mind that the game is far from finished and that many things are placeholders)

as well as the July 2015 update, that's worth a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AjZQBvznPg

it has been greenlit by steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sha...s/?id=357164010

Now enough of this "Clive N Wrench", I just wanted to get it out there. The new art style is worth a double take, though, after how it used to look......

UPDATE: Just found out the new art style was drawn by the Luigi Lucarelli himself, the main concept artist of A Hat in Time! That is why the game now looks quite appealing now! The art was drawn by a proffesional indie game concept artist now.

New Update Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGSEurhy5WM
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:47:33 16/04/2016 by Bryman04
#29 Posted: 23:09:03 17/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Now back on to topic with some new news about lobodestroyo. A recent article from this year was released.
[url]https://gamingreinvented.com/news/wiiu/lobodestroyo-interview-with-lefthanded-games/[url]Quote: gamingreinvented
4.Talking of the theme, what was the reason behind the name ‘Lobodestroyo’ anyway? I know it’s the name of an individual in the game’s setting, but is there a meaning behind the term?

Yes, the Lobodestroyo (or loosely translated ‘wolf of destruction’) is a legendary figure in our game’s world. At the outset of the game he gets taken out and is gone under mysterious circumstances. It’s up to Mutt, the player character, to avenge his fallen hero and track down those responsible for the destruction of his village.

5. Is there a main villain behind the La Liga de Los Villanos? Like how the Mega Man robot masters had Dr Wily as the true force behind them?

Very early in the game there is a prison break and the maximum security lockdown villains get loose. These are all big time baddies that were previously defeated and locked up by the Lobodestroyo. With him out of the picture, these big-bads have banded together to form a league and are wreaking havoc on Costa Lucha (our game world).

6. Lobodestroyo has a very unique art style to it. Can you tell us a bit about the story behind it and why said style was chosen?

It’s a mix of wanting to harken back to simpler, clean character designs that have that childish cartoonyness to them, but also have a style that makes everything feel like it’s from the same game universe. That, and we are keeping out design rather simple visually (which was initially out of necessity considering the hardware we would potentially be running the game on) to make sure to tweak things to get that ‘lobo-look’ we’re gunning for. There are rarely any straight lines in our game. Everything is a bit wonky or crooked. It makes it all rather cohesive and helps craft the look of the world.

7. Apparently, you’ll need powers from later levels to clear missions and defeat bosses in earlier ones. What’s the general set up for this? Is it just learning new moves in one place, leaving to the hub and returning, ala the first Banjo Kazooie? Or is it like Banjo Tooie where the levels are also directly connected to each other?

There is world interconnectivity in our game as well as a centralized hub that allows players to explore and unlock the game worlds. Some missions will branch between worlds, and other will require abilities that you might not have when first encountered. You get a healthy batch of initial abilities at the outset of your adventure, but gain new ones as you defeat and lock up boss villains. Taking down a boss is what grants you new powers after you unmask them, which is a theme lifted from old school lucha libre Mask vs Mask, retirement matches.

In Lobodestroyo when you take down a boss, you ‘retire him’ and claim his mask, which grants you some powers unique to that villain. It’s rather Mega Man in that regard, and allows for further exploration of previously visited worlds much like in the Metroid titles.

More on that article, I'd give it a look. I appears as recent, and gives a little more information on the game. Still, I'd like to see a new trailer. :/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:09:01 18/11/2015 by Bryman04
#30 Posted: 00:43:44 18/11/2015
It's nice to see some more anthro games. If any of these games turn out to be any good, I'll be a happy guy.

Now that I think about it, Clive and Wrench kind of looks like a spiritual Crash Bandicoot sucessor. The goat's really giving me a Neo Cortex vibe.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:12 18/11/2015 by MugoUrth
#31 Posted: 22:46:26 21/11/2015 | Topic Creator
^ I'd say Clive n Wrench may be Banjo-Kazooie, with a dose of what the Playstation-3D Platformers had. Just listening to the HUB level theme reminds me of Ratchet and Clank : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tseof7VTZk

I actually would like to see more indie games being like 3D platformers of the PlayStation, most indie games that I see that are platformers claim to bring back the age of the N64, and only a couple are good. The good ones that spring to mind are Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, and yes, Lobodestroyo. I would like to see more indie games that bring back the platformers of the Playstation. Clive n Wrench may just do that, at least I hope so.
#32 Posted: 21:57:49 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Some not so new updates, but if you haven't seen this, it might interest you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...e/posts/1372372

A Character Design. From over a year ago.

https://www.facebook.com/plugi...6066946678%3A0&

And Twitter updates regularly.

https://twitter.com/lobodestroyo
#33 Posted: 17:51:31 25/05/2016 | Topic Creator
The current state of the game

[User Posted Image]

http://cliqist.com/2016/05/25/...oyos-james-guy/
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#34 Posted: 12:13:33 30/05/2016
Dude, this looks awesome. I am not even close to being a Furry, but I will have to check this one out.
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
#35 Posted: 07:24:53 31/05/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

https://gamingreinvented.com/n...ll-development/

New website goes up:

http://lefthandedgames.com/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:53 06/06/2016 by Bryman04
#36 Posted: 21:43:58 06/06/2016 | Topic Creator
NEW CHARACTER REVEAL

http://lefthandedgames.com/?p=54
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me