Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
We need Posable Skylanders [CLOSED]
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#1 Posted: 01:12:24 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay this really bugs me how they call Skylanders a "Toys to life" game.
Because it's not, it's a figurines to life game.

It's been five interations since the first game and we still haven't had a Skylander with so much as bendable arms.

And now with the introduction of Lego Dimensions, with their figures as posable as regular lego figures, it makes it the most posable toys to life franchise to date.

I think that Skylanders needs to add poseability to their next interation and any ones afterwards.

What do you think?
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 01:29:53 27/09/2015
I'd love for that to happen, I feel like we got a little closer to poseable figures with articulated vehicles, but we'll see
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 01:31:56 27/09/2015
I'd love if we could have articulated figures; maybe even with a 'stance' gimmick where it has different powers if the hands are in a certain way or something.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#4 Posted: 03:46:19 27/09/2015
It could be part of the next game...maybe something allowing the skylanders to move a tad more in our world or something.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#5 Posted: 05:09:18 27/09/2015
I always liked the idea of armor or some kind of additional piece that could go on the figures if they won't do posable figures. Like instead of making a series 2 terrafin, make a "upgrade kit" like a helmet or legion of doom type shoulder pads to stick on the series 1 figure, not that exact idea but you get the point. I would much rather have a posable figure and I do like some of the reposes, bottom line is you are right. There needs to be more interaction with the toy itself to result in these in game upgrades, changes or wow pows. Even if the new landers were made to sit in the vehicles would've been nice. By this point they should've made it more interactive then placing more plastic pieces to zap in the game that do absolutely nothing outside of the game. Even napping the figures removable from the base would probably make the toy aspect of it more appealing to kids. They definitely are not "toys" to life in my opinion either but knowing Activision we would just get figures that are posable or have accesories/come off their base but when put on the portal would do the exact same thing as the standard figures. There was so much hope for this franchise, I remember people talking about cartoons and movies, etc. Now it just seems as each year we will get a game with new levels, same graphics, same skylanders with a few new ones and a new "gimmick " that will make all other gimmicks we purchased before useless in the new game. I know it takes a lot of memory to move over all of the figures from the first game into this new one but next Gen consoles have upgradeable hard drives for a reason. Even if they had to go to 2 discs to make whatever work they need to. I just feel like ideas like yours are great but Activision doesn't listen to the fans at all, they just sit in their office and try to think of the next "gimmick" they can release as cheap as possible with as little work as possible to make the biggest profit possible. If something doesn't change this franchise that once looked like it go be really huge is going to die, it's already a bad sign seeing walmart get out of the exclusive game and most stores moving their skylander section to fit in an end cap while games like lego, disney oddity, playmation and guitar hero take over the shelves. Retailers seem to be looking at it like the customers saying "god not another round of the same stuff, different day. Lol rant over.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#6 Posted: 08:22:25 27/09/2015
I dunno there is like electronics and microchips in those toys and they like things nice and stable .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#7 Posted: 09:51:09 27/09/2015
Don't know... I personally like figurines more action figures anyway. Though I guess that's just me.

Also, skylanders are really just too small for any decent articulation. We already get broken figures like nobody else, sometimes even before we open the package. Just imagine trying to bend a skylanders arm or head and it just pops off because of a poorly made joint (most likely to keep the cost of the figure down).

Not to say I wouldn't mind the option of say, non-game related skylander merchandise. Making say... an a poseable "Stealth Elf" with higher grade plastic, and about the size of a Giant [maybe a little bigger], and with no base or no chip inside.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 16:13:22 27/09/2015
I'm pretty sure they've looked into this (mentioned on interviews I've viewed) but costs would be too much. A different collector's line with very limited quantity may be an idea...might be able to justify Eon Elites.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:14:22 27/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#9 Posted: 17:02:09 27/09/2015
Articulation and the original explanation of SkyLanders being "frozen in our world" would seem to meld in our opinion.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#10 Posted: 19:14:44 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Portal___Master
Articulation and the original explanation of SkyLanders being "frozen in our world" would seem to meld in our opinion.

Well that was used years ago.

Besides, I'm sure with Lego Dimensions coming out the demand for pose ability will increase.
---
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#11 Posted: 19:16:21 27/09/2015
It's used in SC.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
#12 Posted: 19:56:10 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: LittleWizard
It's used in SC.

Regardless, we need some posable Skylanders.

I'm sure if the introduced it they'd make Eon explain why they are now posable somehow.
---
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#13 Posted: 21:08:24 27/09/2015
Most of the toys I had a kid weren't posable - didn't stop me from having fun playing with them and making up crazy stories. I've never heard of the opinion that articulation was required for toys before...

The occasional posable Skylander would be nice, but it's certainly not necessary, and I'd probably favour the non-posable. Now not having a big heavy base would be cool, but I can see why they're needed, and it'd be hard to make a figure like Spitfire's stand up well without them, so I don't mind.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#14 Posted: 23:31:05 27/09/2015
I'd have loved posability if they did it from the start, but at this point I fear that it would make newer figures clash too much with the rest of my collection.

Plus, if you think about it, Lego Dimensions is only toys-to-life if you want it to be. Since the figures are removable from their base, it's really "plastic-discs-to-life-that-may-or-may-not-have-a-toy-attached-to-them". I feel like this would be opposed to the spirit of Skylanders.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:56 27/09/2015 by Muffin Man
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 23:32:47 27/09/2015
with lego dimensions and the mr game and watch amiibo's poses... i like this idea.
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#16 Posted: 03:39:42 28/09/2015
Well, someone has done it themselves so...
http://www.angelfire.com/mech/...Skylanders.html
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#17 Posted: 13:52:03 28/09/2015
The price of poseable figures would probably be close to $20/piece or more.

That would be another stake in the heart of this dying franchise.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#18 Posted: 14:08:39 28/09/2015
Won't happen.
BUT maybe someone out there will one day pick up the license for minimates or full fledged articulated figures???
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#19 Posted: 15:48:34 28/09/2015
If they keep the regular figures at regular price and add a few optional posable variants, kinda like Lightcores were, then I don't mind.
It'd be cool to have articulated figures of your favorites characters and you can be sure kids would love that. Though Mega Blocks have already done it, in a way.
However if they completely replaced the regular with pointlessly articulated figures just so they can overprice everything with no alternative then no thank you.
Even as a future gimmick that would be pushing it.
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#20 Posted: 15:54:20 28/09/2015
Funny how most people agree it's a dying franchise. Sad to bc it's still a great idea with so many possibilities. Activision just can't seem to get their crap together. Look at how horribly the mobile games are supported. I use to love lost islands but ever since I got a galaxy note 4 the game won't even load, almost a year later and they still haven't fixed it. They are notorious for sweeping issues under the rug, not replying to customers about bugs/fixes/issues even on their own message boards. Do you guys think this will be the last installment? Wouldn't surprise me of it was as they wouldn't be courteous enough to announce before the release of the game that this would be their last. Bottom line is they Def aren't doing us any favors, never have and never will and you can tell people are getting tired of it so it's their own fault it's dying.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#21 Posted: 17:07:09 28/09/2015
SKYLANDERSsmilieOSE SQUAD ...........
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me