Page 1 of 1
How is the Online scene (Wii U)?
kylesterz3899 Green Sparx Gems: 127
#1 Posted: 02:31:14 26/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I was wondering how good the online aspect of Superchargers is. How is the racing and the coop gameplay? Is it worth the purchase of the Wii U starter pack? I am trying to decide between this or the Xbox 360 Dark Edition with no online. All help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advanced! smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2 Posted: 02:49:21 26/09/2015
co op is good if you have friends.online racing sucks.noone plays it
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Kinsei Green Sparx Gems: 218
#3 Posted: 02:53:30 26/09/2015
I have no problem getting full rooms for land races but the sea races seem to be dead. I'm lucky to get one other person in the room. I haven't tried sky races yet.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:53:48 26/09/2015 by Kinsei
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#4 Posted: 02:54:29 26/09/2015
Dunno, the game itself won't let me on. My Wii U connection is just fine, but this game just insists on giving me the finger. I don't see the racing being too popular with MK8 being on the same console.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#5 Posted: 04:59:46 26/09/2015
Quote: AzarianGO
Dunno, the game itself won't let me on. My Wii U connection is just fine, but this game just insists on giving me the finger. I don't see the racing being too popular with MK8 being on the same console.

that can be said for literally every version though ( well, except Wii since it has no online anymore ). Wii U & 3DS have Mario kart ( wish they also had F-Zero... ), the XBox consoles have Forza, Playstation has GT and there's multi platform racing games like Project Cars and Blur. I'd say literally anybody wold be playing a better racing game than this....I mean I love the game but the imo racing is worse than even Skystones ( never been a fan of Skystones... )
Solaris Green Sparx Gems: 485
#6 Posted: 07:04:46 26/09/2015
Can I look for random online opponents on Wii U? I don't have any names on the friends list.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#7 Posted: 07:47:36 26/09/2015
Quote: ChillStealthElf
Quote: AzarianGO

that can be said for literally every version though ( well, except Wii since it has no online anymore ). Wii U & 3DS have Mario kart ( wish they also had F-Zero... ), the XBox consoles have Forza, Playstation has GT and there's multi platform racing games like Project Cars and Blur. I'd say literally anybody wold be playing a better racing game than this....I mean I love the game but the imo racing is worse than even Skystones ( never been a fan of Skystones... )

The racing seems better than Mario Kart, because I've done everything, and I'm not bored yet... So litteraly, it's the best racing game I've played so far...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#8 Posted: 09:04:28 26/09/2015
Maybe some of us can all play together?
Pokypro Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#9 Posted: 09:09:32 26/09/2015
I waited for ages trying to get a full lobby for even the land vehicle races, but couldn't get one!smilie However this was on launch and I live in Australia so it may be a different story for other portal masters. As many have been saying I don't see there being much online play for this game, especially due to games such as Mario Kart 8. And then when Skylanders 6 comes out, I would not even bother because the lobbies will obviously be worse.
---
Skylanders Youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/user/Pokypro)
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#10 Posted: 10:00:02 26/09/2015
I think most people are playing through the main story and such before trying the online racing. I think as more people complete the game it'll become more popularized. Not everyone rushes though the game in a couple days.
JPA13 Green Sparx Gems: 273
#11 Posted: 11:59:28 26/09/2015
Wait what do u mean no online for Xbox360? I thought there was online for all consoles, or do u just not have Xbox live gold so can't go online
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 13:04:30 26/09/2015
I still get errors when I try to connect to the servers. No clue why.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#13 Posted: 13:28:42 26/09/2015
Pretty smooth experience as long as I connect. Several minutes of waiting for any of the online options,though no lag or glitches after that. I've only been doing Land races though,no other vehicles.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#14 Posted: 17:46:48 26/09/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Are you at least able to establish a connection to the server, or the same issue I have, where it doesn't even try to connect?
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6253
#15 Posted: 17:50:36 26/09/2015
Sometimes I can find a match with random people just fine, other times it will take up to 5 minutes. Online co-op is just fine. Don't be expecting a Mario Kart 8 quality experience.

Quote: Matteomax

I'm always getting those but I seem to connect to the servers just fine, it isn't my WiFi as mine is very reliable.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#16 Posted: 18:30:24 26/09/2015
Co op works really great! but its hard to find racers...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#17 Posted: 20:18:33 19/11/2015
For me when i find some racers its always donkey kong.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#18 Posted: 01:30:39 20/11/2015
Quote: Kevin16

Yes. So true! Everyone always uses DK and Barrel Blaster, making land races uninteresting. Sea races are dead, and Sky races always have Stormblade/Sky Slicer. I'm confident it'll change drastically around Christmas though. Wave 3 is always the biggest wave hype-wise, and tons of people will get the game for Christmas. Miiverse EXPLODED with "I finally got the game!" and "Look at all the new guys I got!" posts last Christmas, so imagine the online scene this year.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#19 Posted: 02:02:51 20/11/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Kevin16

Yes. So true! Everyone always uses DK and Barrel Blaster, making land races uninteresting. Sea races are dead, and Sky races always have Stormblade/Sky Slicer. I'm confident it'll change drastically around Christmas though. Wave 3 is always the biggest wave hype-wise, and tons of people will get the game for Christmas. Miiverse EXPLODED with "I finally got the game!" and "Look at all the new guys I got!" posts last Christmas, so imagine the online scene this year.

That's pretty much expected for a competitive online experience. People flock to the perceived "best" or "coolest" and that's all you see. It's also why they cannot make variants more powerful, because it has an even more dramatic effect of "pay to win" by buying a particular vehicle. Balancing is challenging with varying skillsets, and it is kind of expected on a first attempt. Unfortunately it is also why they probably didn't invest in balancing to make a true PVP fighting experience. Everyone would play Eon's Elite and anyone who didn't would quickly get frustrated and quit. It happened in Super Smash Bros., every time a character was "better" everyone flocked to it till it got nerfed, first it was Little Mac, then Diddy Kong, etc.

Unfortunately when playing online, people seek out every advantage they can to win. Even if it sucks the fun out of it for themselves or others. If the game isn't designed around online competition, it rarely has a good balance and feels "tacked on".
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#20 Posted: 05:07:28 20/11/2015
I wish I could do co-op online but because it only lets you use your friends list as far as I know, it's impossible for me to enjoy co-op since no one on my list has it. Unless someone wants to join me.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me