Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Is it hard to be a hunter? [CLOSED]
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#1 Posted: 20:49:27 25/09/2015 | Topic Creator
i think I'll apply when the next round of hunters come along. But is the job hard to do? And what happens if a post was in a grey area? What's happens then?
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#2 Posted: 20:51:12 25/09/2015
you just straight up ban the individual so you dont have to worry about it. thats what they did to big bubba
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#3 Posted: 20:52:32 25/09/2015
Then we work it out together/with the help of dark52.

The job itself is not too hard, but you have to remember that at any given time there might be a lot of people relying on your actions. It does present it's own share of pressure.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#4 Posted: 20:54:12 25/09/2015
It depends on the animals you are hunting. Be very careful of what game you choose to pursue. What is a grey box? The box you are holding your tools in should be a camouflage stylized box so you can hide from what you are hunting.
---
BREATHE AIR.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 21:06:15 25/09/2015
You've got to work as a team, I generally don't make decisions by myself unless the rest of the team agrees. For example, suspending someone who was talking badly about a fellow moderator. They got suspended, after I asked CAV and Trix if they thought it was suspension worthy.

A big part of it though, is making smaller decisions by yourself, like is this reported message MM worthy? You do have to be careful, though. Someone might not think it's fair, in this case you'd have to talk to talk to the person about it. What I usually do is look at the context of the topic first, if it's just a joke I normally just let it slide. If it's context is serious, that person gets an MM.

This is what it's like to be a huter for me anyways. :P
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#6 Posted: 21:29:14 25/09/2015
It seems like too much work and stress just for a fansite imo. I respect y'all for being able to do it though, good work!
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 22:45:57 25/09/2015
It's easier than modding a Twitch.tv chat. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#8 Posted: 23:23:43 25/09/2015
Quote: aran
i think I'll apply when the next round of hunters come along. But is the job hard to do? And what happens if a post was in a grey area? What's happens then?

Yeah I'd say it's pretty difficult, especially when a section you moderate is active. Considering all things a mod has to put up with. idk what you mean by grey area though.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 23:55:58 25/09/2015
It depends on the section and what kind of day everyone else is having. It isn't usually that hard but sometimes there's some kinda difficult choices to make. You both have to work with other mods and get their opinions on matters and at the same time work as an individual and make your own call, especially if you're the only one in the section at the time (which seems to happen a lot with me).

Quote: aran
And what happens if a post was in a grey area? What's happens then?

I weigh the options, context, and if it can lead to more trouble later on. But I'm not perfect and I admit I've had a couple of mistakes where I didn't delete posts that should have been, and vice versa.

EDIT: I also have to constantly remind myself how MMs aren't supposed to be seen as a big thing by either the mods nor the users. I still treat MMs (and especially suspensions) as a big deal, almost as if it goes on some sort of permanent record. And seeing how there has been a couple of times where people would run complaining to me about how their post was deleted I'm clearly not alone on that.

But in the end an MM isn't a strike on your account and while it's not an excuse to hand them out like candy they also shouldn't be seen as the end of the world. Honestly the same applies to suspensions under 2 hours, as I think I recall Dark once saying that such things are essentially timeouts and could be used if someone's being rowdy at the moment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:22 25/09/2015 by CAV
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#10 Posted: 05:38:30 26/09/2015
Quote: Big Green
you just straight up ban the individual so you dont have to worry about it. thats what they did to big bubba

RIP big bubba
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12132
#11 Posted: 06:19:50 26/09/2015
The difficulty of the job can vary, especially when there are grey area issues/posts. Usually, these are at the discretion of individual moderators. If the issue isn't as urgent, discussion between the hunters usually takes place.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me