Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
"Fat acceptance" [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 04:54:35 25/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I fully support the notion of being comfortable and confident with one's body, but when you're so large that it seriously jeopardizes your health, how can you possibly be comfortable with that? Especially knowing that starvation is still a serious global problem, even in developed countries, how can you possibly be proud of the fact that you're eating yourself to death?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2 Posted: 06:53:55 25/09/2015
It annoys me how there is more campaigns for fat acceptance than skinny acceptance, and skinny people seem to get hated on and considered healthy and ****. Some people are just naturally skinny due to high metabolism and its not their fault. :/
And I think it is ok to be overweight as long as the person who is overweight is happy.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:56:39 25/09/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#3 Posted: 11:09:24 25/09/2015
Quote: Metallo
I fully support the notion of being comfortable and confident with one's body, but when you're so large that it seriously jeopardizes your health, how can you possibly be comfortable with that? Especially knowing that starvation is still a serious global problem, even in developed countries, how can you possibly be proud of the fact that you're eating yourself to death?

Quote: DarkCynder_543
It annoys me how there is more campaigns for fat acceptance than skinny acceptance, and skinny people seem to get hated on and considered healthy and ****. Some people are just naturally skinny due to high metabolism and its not their fault. :/
And I think it is ok to be overweight as long as the person who is overweight is happy.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#4 Posted: 11:37:11 25/09/2015
There's a difference between overweight and obese. Being "plus size" is one thing and fine, it's good to embrace your body when no matter your body type, society seems to want to shame it for something else. However, when you weigh 300+ pounds of mostly fat, can hardly stand up without getting out of breath, and require one of those disabled scooters simply because you can hardly move your body, there's a problem that you need to recognize and take care of.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#5 Posted: 12:24:01 25/09/2015
Didn't we have a topic about this just a couple months ago?

Either way agree with all above posts.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#6 Posted: 12:37:20 25/09/2015
It's fine to be comfortable with yourself, no matter what your weight is. If you're happy with the way you look then more power to you. But I don't really like it when people say all of these amazing things about being obese, because it generally isn't healthy at all tbh. I understand that some people can't help it, just like how not all skinny people can help being skinny; obesity isn't just caused by over eating, for example. But I feel like people are trying too hard to make everyone happy because they're scared of hurting someone's feelings (everything is offensive nowadays, remember?). I mean, even if someone is comfortable with the way they look, is that really more important than their health? But people will tell them they are beautiful anyway, and of course they are, but (depending on the weight) they also probably have some health problems because of the weight, and this needs to be pointed out too, but it isn't. And this whole stereotype where America is the "fat country" is extremely disheartening imo, yet people seem to take pride in that and I really don't understand it. It's like people want to glorify or make fun of obesity, but they don't want to do anything to help.

Quote: DarkCynder_543

Also this.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10205
#7 Posted: 14:06:33 25/09/2015
Since this is a highly question of values I probably won’t even bother to day something in-depth. But here I go with some material. Okay.

If you are okay with yourself no matter your weight and figure fine by me. I can understand it and accept it. Of course am I proud of you and feel happy for you? No… it is not my achievement so there you are. But if you are okay with your body do not expect other people to fanfare you and make special installments and lines of products and services just for your amusements. Weight in most of the cases in all of us over 7 billion is self-controllable issue and is very rarely due to the natural genetic screw ups. So prepare to take the ramifications of your life’s choices only by yourself.

That came of as bit arrogant, semi-hateful and annoying but I stand by it and won’t change my views because I am a stubborn git. All what I have to say is that it does not matter what is the flavor of the culture in weight issues in societies, it is still the very short and very tall people who have it difficult. So there you are…
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:13 25/09/2015 by Project_Unnamed
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#8 Posted: 15:42:58 25/09/2015
Nah, Project_Unnamed, that was pretty on point. Even if everyone went to tell you how you're beautiful the way you are and you don't need to change your habits... Not any amount of good words will change that you're going to face the consequences if you live an unhealthy life. Maybe a happy one? I don't know. But if any serious diseases show up related to them, you can't blame it on other people.
It's a touchy subject nonetheless,since with the 'everything is offensive' attitude, you can get called a fat shamer for saying that living unhealthy isn't exactly the best choice in your opinion.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:48:27 25/09/2015 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 17:15:39 25/09/2015
I don't have a problem with people who have positive body image regardless of what they look. It's people who don't care that their lifestyle decisions lead them to develop serious medical conditions (e.g. Type II diabetes, hypertension, liver cirrhosis, etc.) and siphon millions of USD worth of health care resources that I have an issue with, assuming there isn't a different issue behind their decisions (i.e. they don't even make minimum wage so they pretty much have to survive on fast food). But there's significant personal bias behind that one. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#10 Posted: 20:09:55 25/09/2015
Quote: Project_Unnamed
Since this is a highly question of values I probably won’t even bother to day something in-depth. But here I go with some material. Okay.

If you are okay with yourself no matter your weight and figure fine by me. I can understand it and accept it. Of course am I proud of you and feel happy for you? No… it is not my achievement so there you are. But if you are okay with your body do not expect other people to fanfare you and make special installments and lines of products and services just for your amusements. Weight in most of the cases in all of us over 7 billion is self-controllable issue and is very rarely due to the natural genetic screw ups. So prepare to take the ramifications of your life’s choices only by yourself.

That came of as bit arrogant, semi-hateful and annoying but I stand by it and won’t change my views because I am a stubborn git. All what I have to say is that it does not matter what is the flavor of the culture in weight issues in societies, it is still the very short and very tall people who have it difficult. So there you are…

"I won't say anything in-depth"
*proceeds to right two paragraphs*
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#11 Posted: 20:17:05 25/09/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

>righting two paragraphs
---
My life is complete.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#12 Posted: 20:20:31 25/09/2015
Quote: MagicFizz

>righting two paragraphs

better than wronging two paragraphs am i write? smilie
#13 Posted: 20:21:14 25/09/2015
Quote: MagicFizz

>righting two paragraphs

I'm running off 30 minutes of sleep. Don't judge.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10205
#14 Posted: 01:07:09 26/09/2015
Am I really that pretentious?
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#15 Posted: 11:07:43 26/09/2015
Am I really that pretentious?

Not really. You don't try to be impressive. You just are.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#16 Posted: 11:18:52 26/09/2015
With an issue like this, two paragraphs is more a brief summary than in-depth.

As for the weight thing, it's fine if you are heavy due to something other than fat (muscle is four times heavier than fat). And it's fine if you are only a little fat. Heck, I prefer voluptuous proportions in a woman to skin and bones.

But there is a point where eating obsessions cause a problem for you and others.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#17 Posted: 11:33:32 26/09/2015
I just don't give a ****
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me