Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > No Cards..Having to Custom make them now...yeah -_-
Page 1 of 1
No Cards..Having to Custom make them now...yeah -_- [CLOSED]
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1 Posted: 19:02:26 20/09/2015 | Topic Creator
This is just ridiculous...for 4 YEARS they have made Stat CARDS!..not we get these tiny stat stickers...*enter appropriate expletives here*...my choice begins with a "F"... smilie
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Having to make 50 odd cards now is going to be a real pain in the ...(you know the word)...!!

So i'm requesting a little help with the Artwork images of all characters and Vehicles...it didn't get them all when they where posted because i had to go to work...and by the time i got home Activision had them all pulled. *blasted flatter rat* Who ever has them all Zap...or 84...or whoever. PM me and i will PM you a email you can send them to. ....and yeah all the Variants to..*grummbbles*

Thank you in advance.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#2 Posted: 19:11:42 20/09/2015
yuuup, thats crappy laziness on activisions part, and super crap that the (our dark wii u) starter packs didnt even come with these stickers.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 20:12:52 20/09/2015
yea no card and just stickers i feel ripped off, whats worse is the starter pack didnt come with stickers so whats up with that? and now they have this battlecast thing, i guess they are the cards but am i really going to have to buy packs of card to get the card they should of come with? if you get the cards made i want to get them, ill just need some instruction on how to print them.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#4 Posted: 21:50:03 20/09/2015
Absolutely perturbed by this. I thought my Starter packs were defective since they didn't have them. I searched the pack thoroughly to make sure I didn't miss them.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#5 Posted: 22:07:08 20/09/2015
Quote: Portal___Master
yuuup, thats crappy laziness on activisions part, and super crap that the (our dark wii u) starter packs didnt even come with these stickers.

they saved a few bucks there... thats typical activision.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:10 20/09/2015 by CountMoneyBone
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#6 Posted: 22:50:18 20/09/2015
Dark edition didn't come with stickers either. Wow. If anyone makes custom cards please post. I would like to have a set to print off.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#7 Posted: 23:55:05 20/09/2015
You sure the Dark edition doesn't have the stickers in one of the previous games they were hidden under one of the flaps of the box.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
iceflow76 Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#8 Posted: 01:31:52 21/09/2015
I checked both my Dark Edition box and 3DS edition box and could not find stickers for any of the included figures and vehicles.

I tore the boxes apart thinking maybe they had gotten taped to the inside of the boxes by accident. They definitely were not taped to the underside of the plastic insert either.
---
Characters Owned: 131 of 131 (100%) (Bring on Superchargers)
Figures Owned: 209 of 268 (77.9%)
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#9 Posted: 01:43:52 21/09/2015
I liked collecting them too but its really nothing to get that annoyed by. i know alot of kids really didnt care about them anyway.

it only makes sense now considering theyre introducing battlecast( a game that cards can actually be used for instead of just being in a folder).

The figures and game are the most important things. Getting rid of the cards could help streamline the packaging process of figures or enable them to hire more staff to work on the things that matter.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#10 Posted: 02:07:51 21/09/2015
I definitely have not kept quiet about this. As if they do not charge enough for these as it is, now they take away and charge more.

No excuse for this. To take something away that has been a part of the series and figures from the start is inexcusable. I would have sucked it up if everything was getting these new Stat "stickers"(better than nothing)...but NO, everyone BUT the Starter pack characters and vehicles get them. The Amiibos, sure ok I get it. But Hot Streak, Spitfire and Stealth Elf definitely should have been included. Plus this time around we get less characters released which makes this just a cheap slap in the face move to exclude the cards. So pissed.

I even purchased extra trading card holder sleeves for my album, for this game, and this is what Activision does. Was lots of fun for me to have a tangible character reference guide with stats. Jerks.

It makes you wonder though, next year when TFB is back, will they magically show up again?

Activision's official response to me about this, when I asked about the stats missing from the starter pack:

Quote:
Unfortunately after further investigation the starter packs will not have these. We apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused

I don't like this path they are headed. The fact that they even added a digital Portal owners pack WITH characters defeats the entire purpose of the whole franchise.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:31 21/09/2015 by TOlofter
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 02:19:30 21/09/2015
I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to regret the move not to have cards.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#12 Posted: 02:58:43 21/09/2015
Pure speculation: cards were not added because the idea is that if you want "cards", you'd buy Battlecast. They gave you a little sample with them in the starter packs but that was it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#13 Posted: 03:22:18 21/09/2015
That'st totally the idea. They're luring you in with a "free game" but you need to buy cards that would've otherwise been GIVEN TO YOU with the character. I would've preferred a $9.99 download and use all of the cards, or at least a "slot" of 25 cards and then bulk discount for more "slots" you wanted.

Btw, this is NO EXCUSE for the even more Evilier approach they took with the starters---THERE ARE NO STICKERS EITHER!!! Did Emperor Kaos raid the starter kits. Totally idiotic.

https://blog.activision.com/thread/201173592
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#14 Posted: 03:27:26 21/09/2015
I'm guessing the majority of consumers showed no interest in the stat cards and Activision figured they were more trouble than they were worth.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:28:02 21/09/2015 by Muffin Man
#15 Posted: 04:03:39 21/09/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
I'm guessing the majority of consumers showed no interest in the stat cards and Activision figured they were more trouble than they were worth.

If that was the case, why do the Stat Stickers then?
This is fully because of the crazy Battlecast.

Though again, I'd be fine and accept these new stickers as it still has the same detail on it....BUT Activision, if you are going to bother making these new stat stickers DO NOT NEGLECT CERTAIN CHARACTERS!
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#16 Posted: 04:08:23 21/09/2015
Making the toys and card game tie in together (by having including a Battlecast card with figures) just makes more sense instead of being 100% separated.

Throw this mistake into the "WHY" pile.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#17 Posted: 05:02:28 21/09/2015
Quote: TOlofter
Quote: Muffin Man

If that was the case, why do the Stat Stickers then?
This is fully because of the crazy Battlecast.

Though again, I'd be fine and accept these new stickers as it still has the same detail on it....BUT Activision, if you are going to bother making these new stat stickers DO NOT NEGLECT CERTAIN CHARACTERS!

Maybe they thought kids would get more utility out of the stickers. They can stick them on their school binders and whatnot instead of just throwing them away or losing them.

I have no idea why they ignored the starters though. That feels like an oversight more than anything.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#18 Posted: 06:31:46 21/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Once i get all the Artwork images(who ever has them all please PM me)...i will start making the cards...as i buy them(to get there stats off the stickers)...since the main website only has the stats of only a few. I have started making the cards to the ones i have an the few that show there stats from the website.

And yes i will post them for people to copy so they can print there own. Also Alphawolf i will include how to print them...rather easy tho...but will show you and everyone else how anyways.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:49 21/09/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#19 Posted: 13:11:05 21/09/2015
Can't wait....I for one use the cards for my display...and these stickers just won't due!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#20 Posted: 14:08:49 21/09/2015
Thanks... That would be REALLY appreciated.
Especially since I started organizing my collection right before we found out cards were gone...

Seriously, SuperChargers is just soooo filled with big "WHY?!" I can't sincerely help but hate how they handled a lot of aspects.

I still have to understand if V.V. had any decisional powers over that (if yes absolutely expect cards, pedestals, colored bases and so on to be back whith TfB's fourth game) or if it was all Activision's fault.
I simply see it as yet another slap in collector's faces.

"Want cards? Then buy them separately for our new super awesome app!"
How about NO?

Come on... Only 20 "new" characters this time... Was it really that expensive to print cards for them...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#21 Posted: 15:32:42 21/09/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
That'st totally the idea. They're luring you in with a "free game" but you need to buy cards that would've otherwise been GIVEN TO YOU with the character. I would've preferred a $9.99 download and use all of the cards, or at least a "slot" of 25 cards and then bulk discount for more "slots" you wanted.

Btw, this is NO EXCUSE for the even more Evilier approach they took with the starters---THERE ARE NO STICKERS EITHER!!! Did Emperor Kaos raid the starter kits. Totally idiotic.

https://blog.activision.com/thread/201173592

that blog reply, typical cut and paste reply, its insulting.. like the guy that bought the game dont know whats in the box after he opened it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:29 21/09/2015 by CountMoneyBone
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#22 Posted: 16:27:39 21/09/2015
^ right, they're even too lazy to reply to fans about their laziness to exclude stickers in starter packs (and to omit cards altogether).
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#23 Posted: 16:51:45 21/09/2015
Quote: Portal___Master
^ right, they're even too lazy to reply to fans about their laziness to exclude stickers in starter packs (and to omit cards altogether).

i read there is a serious bug in the game too(link below). and there is already a 150mb patch out, its just baffling how much bugs there is in this game. the wave1 haul for this game is around 390 dollars on day one, and thats just wave1... you would think you get some quality product when you pay that amount for one game. i just think they have serious lost it with this game franchise...

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=122957
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#24 Posted: 17:09:58 21/09/2015
Come on, you ranted about this last year. You can't compare the complexity of today's games with years ago. The number of moving parts in these games makes it inevitable. You need to stop gaming if your "quality expectations" are that high. Yes, they have a serious issue with Nightfall, and yes they will suffer if it isn't corrected swiftly.

Just be glad they can fix bugs, we used to be stuck if game breaking bugs got through.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#25 Posted: 23:42:53 21/09/2015
i've got all character artworks, no variants though. i'll pm to you. smilie
#26 Posted: 00:44:49 22/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
i've got all character artworks, no variants though. i'll pm to you. smilie

Thanks bro. /thumbs up
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#27 Posted: 01:27:15 22/09/2015
So what bugs happened now? It's funny how it happens more for these games now these days. It was also inevitable the cards would go away. Just means more for people to open the boxes instead of playing with them sealed.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#28 Posted: 21:11:47 24/09/2015
My solution is just to laminate them. I never use stickers anyways
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#29 Posted: 22:04:53 24/09/2015
The issue is I only got stealth elf and hot streak cards in all my starters, even the nintendo packs. They could of least made them a little random.
---
#30 Posted: 03:03:01 25/09/2015
Quote: mantez
The issue is I only got stealth elf and hot streak cards in all my starters, even the nintendo packs. They could of least made them a little random.

the cards im sure are for the battelcast game, and so far its only those 2 cards. rest will come out with the games full release.
#31 Posted: 04:37:13 25/09/2015
I know what the cards are for but their should have been a more varied allotment. Like when Kid Icarus uprising came out you got 5 of a possible 20 AR cards from that one.
---
#32 Posted: 17:54:10 25/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the delay guys...taking longer then planned..(working on them when i get home from work)..having to make the backgrounds the hard way. Can't find the images i want to use, so having to make them. Once i get the templates done it will go faster.
---
#33 Posted: 18:56:58 25/09/2015
I really do not understand why they could not have at least made the Stat Sticker Sheets the same size as the cards like in Spyro's Adventure. Then at least they are still card-ish.

I ended up coming up with a fix so it blends in more with my custom card/stat album. For Dive Clops for example, I cut out the backdrop on his figure card backing to the size of the old? stat cards. Put the sticker stat sheet on top of it and the elemental background makes a great backdrop for the sticker sheet!
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#34 Posted: 19:02:37 25/09/2015
No stat cards?

You'd think after a $4 price increase per figure, you'd get a stat card.

Way to go Vicarious Visions and Activision(golf clap)

Soooooooooooooo glad I was done with Skylanders after Trap Team.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#35 Posted: 19:04:32 25/09/2015
Why is it the people who constantly say "I am so done with this franchise" never stop posting about said franchise?
---
Hahahahaha
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#36 Posted: 19:18:36 25/09/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories
Why is it the people who constantly say "I am so done with this franchise" never stop posting about said franchise?

Because sour grapes. Last time the one guy said they wouldn't ever come back to this board because the game totally is the worst thing ever. Several of those people are back and collecting again.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:01 25/09/2015 by Bifrost
#37 Posted: 19:54:59 25/09/2015
I'm peeved with the best of them....I just like VV's work so much I couldn't stay away. I'm just tired of them taking away although with online etc we got a bit more returned. I will be lobbying / nagging them for the next year for cards to return.
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#38 Posted: 22:08:20 26/09/2015
i get why people are upset, but the cards were always useless. I never knew a single kid or adult who every used a single one for any reason beside collecting. It is complete crap though that they finally made a ccg and now take away our cards lol and the old card will probably be useless in the game lol
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
#39 Posted: 02:31:31 27/09/2015
Quote: DGAFPolar
i get why people are upset, but the cards were always useless. I never knew a single kid or adult who every used a single one for any reason beside collecting. It is complete crap though that they finally made a ccg and now take away our cards lol and the old card will probably be useless in the game lol

yea your right, i just want them to collect and as part of my display, other than that a few people have made up games using them but not many.
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#40 Posted: 07:55:11 27/09/2015
i have some fan made cards already in this topic //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=122349 smilie , if you want the images or template i can send it to you @Phoenix_Lord smilie
#41 Posted: 16:11:47 27/09/2015
Quote: DGAFPolar

Useless or not, that's not your call. We got them, we don't get them, and by the way, here's a price increase. Pretty damn simple to me.
#42 Posted: 18:29:57 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
^Agreed...they jack up the price...to figures that are the same size as all the other core figures....and remove something that has been with the game since the very begining? ....not cool. OH...also the portal dosn't light up anymore....the blue ring and the flames should have been clear or the frosted white like the last portal ring and lit up...that would have looked cool...but nooo...lets not waste any more money and charge more.... smilie ...really?

Thanks gillgrunt....any Character/Vehicle images would be great. Having trouble finding the Variant Artwork....and all the Vehicles Artwork. And i like your cards...they look cool.....never thought about Instant Spitfire's Card tho...lol...grabbed it to make my own version....thanks to YRocTheEliteSlayer for making it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:10 27/09/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#43 Posted: 12:57:13 28/09/2015

I'm done getting new Skylanders and new games is all I said.

I'm not a lemming who goes out and buys the next in the series when it's a worse game just because it's part of a franchise(Madden, Skylanders, Metal Gear, Borderlands, etc) or from a developer I like.

Those franchises mentioned above and MANY more have truly "jumped the shark". They need a complete overhaul or a VERY FAST ride off into the sunset.

I never said I'd stop posting about the Skylander franchise and the mistakes they keep making with the newer games. By reading comments from those who have purchased Superchargers, there's A LOT of mistakes.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:16:36 28/09/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#44 Posted: 00:07:20 29/09/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R

I'm not a lemming who goes out and buys the next in the series when it's a worse game just because it's part of a franchise(Madden, Skylanders, Metal Gear, Borderlands, etc) or from a developer I like.

Those franchises mentioned above and MANY more have truly "jumped the shark". They need a complete overhaul or a VERY FAST ride off into the sunset.

I never said I'd stop posting about the Skylander franchise and the mistakes they keep making with the newer games. By reading comments from those who have purchased Superchargers, there's A LOT of mistakes.

I hope you realize my comment wasn't just directed towards you.

What makes it worse though?

But you and many others just seem to take enjoyment out of "I am done with this" and "this game Is going to flop so hard"

Also had you finished reading said comments, you could also notice that some people really like or even love SC

My point is, if you want to collect or play Infinity or Amiibo or Dimensions or whatever else comes to this genre, go ahead. I am just sick of all the hateful and pessimistic comments.
---
Hahahahaha
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#45 Posted: 00:40:18 29/09/2015
If you love or hate the game speak your mind. This is a forum and that's what it is for. The game isn't awful, in my opinion it is good. The company behind the game is what sucks. Just read the post the guiness world record holder put on their forum as I agree with him completely. I just hope the future is not battlecast. If the only thing they put out in 2016 is that card game then that's a huge sign this franchise is dead until years from now maybe someone else will pick it back up. God please don't let battlecast be the only thing they are working on for 2016. Toys to life turning in to a card game?! Makes no sense. I understand they want the Pokémon market but don't forget about your roots and your money maker which is toys to life/console.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#46 Posted: 02:48:32 29/09/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R

Now now, metal gear isn't released every year like the others. The last biggest game was about 7 years ago and there was only 2 games in that time for portable systems and an hd collection. I think that franchise can get a pass along with borderlands. Those two aren't every year updated things. I find it insulting to put those two game series with the others you mentioned.

Quote: Phoenix_Lord
^Agreed...they jack up the price...to figures that are the same size as all the other core figures....and remove something that has been with the game since the very begining? ....not cool. OH...also the portal dosn't light up anymore....the blue ring and the flames should have been clear or the frosted white like the last portal ring and lit up...that would have looked cool...but nooo...lets not waste any more money and charge more.... smilie ...really?

Thanks gillgrunt....any Character/Vehicle images would be great. Having trouble finding the Variant Artwork....and all the Vehicles Artwork. And i like your cards...they look cool.....never thought about Instant Spitfire's Card tho...lol...grabbed it to make my own version....thanks to YRocTheEliteSlayer for making it.

I have to agree there with both though in what they cut this time around. I got the gouge simply on trying to get the dark bowser and dark dk as i only got starter packs and the 2 variant figures and 1 variant vehicle this time around. Nothing else I'm really buying simply how much of it is going to be out there in the wild. So they got enough money out of me.

Quote: DrillSarge
If you love or hate the game speak your mind. This is a forum and that's what it is for. The game isn't awful, in my opinion it is good. The company behind the game is what sucks. Just read the post the guiness world record holder put on their forum as I agree with him completely. I just hope the future is not battlecast. If the only thing they put out in 2016 is that card game then that's a huge sign this franchise is dead until years from now maybe someone else will pick it back up. God please don't let battlecast be the only thing they are working on for 2016. Toys to life turning in to a card game?! Makes no sense. I understand they want the Pokémon market but don't forget about your roots and your money maker which is toys to life/console.

It's just an add on basically to their market. I doubt they'll drop skylanders just yet but it all depends on exactly how well this game does. The nightfall thing might be the start of their woes, the smaller amount of waves might be another. With so much competition they are going to try to expand their brand with card games simply to find other ways to make money. In the end I think their games are going to suffer for it like they are already by removing the cards. I liked seeing them in the box but at the same time it was only a matter of time when they were going to start putting in less to try and make more money. I'm pretty sure they took a hit from trap team.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:53:27 29/09/2015 by tigerdr
#47 Posted: 06:42:39 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Well i finaly got all tthe templates done...so will start posting my versions of the Superchargers Cards.

Will post the first here...
[User Posted Image]
...but the rest will be where they belong.

Since there fan made they will be in the Fandom thread...heres the link smilie //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=123556
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me