darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Nightfall faulty chip (Gameplay with Spoilers)
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Nightfall faulty chip (Gameplay with Spoilers)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#51 Posted: 16:56:41 21/09/2015
Quote: defpally
If it is the Wii, they will have to do replacement disks. Patches are fine for the others, except maybe the 3DS. This will be hugely expensive for them and probably a another nail in the coffin of future Wii versions for Skylanders games.

I've got a feeling they are frantically trying to get a grip on Wave 2 shipments right now.

patches is not fine, they dont last forever on the servers... and this is around 390 dollar game on day one, if you buy wave1 with everything(no extras variants except dark edition). that is just wave1, more waves later to buy... and for that kind of money, you should expect some kind of a quality product, this aint a 35 dollar game..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:18 21/09/2015 by CountMoneyBone
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#52 Posted: 17:03:18 21/09/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
If it is the Wii, they will have to do replacement disks. Patches are fine for the others, except maybe the 3DS. This will be hugely expensive for them and probably a another nail in the coffin of future Wii versions for Skylanders games.

I've got a feeling they are frantically trying to get a grip on Wave 2 shipments right now.

patches is not fine, they dont last forever on the servers... and this is around 390 dollar game on day one, if you buy wave1 with everything(no extras variants except dark edition). that is just wave1, more waves later to buy... and for that kind of money, you should expect some kind of a quality product, this aint a 35 dollar game..

Not this mess again. I don't have a single XBox One game that hasn't been patched at least once - most several times. Same with PS4. And a significant number of WiiU games. Even the 3DS has gotten into this - Smash has had like five patches, Mario Kart and Codename Steam two each. By the time the servers are shut down this will be a distant memory. We live in a world where games get patched, deal with it. Silly argument is silly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:46 21/09/2015 by defpally
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#53 Posted: 17:26:46 21/09/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Why not both? Why not patch for the current figures and fix the ones that come out later? It's one figure that's broken, not the entire game. I haven't even seen the figure in stores yet, so it could be a pretty small run. Not trying to defend poor quality control, but if they fix the problem quickly I'll be okay with it. Personally I have over 220 figures and never had one break so from my perspective their QC is usually not too bad.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:29:45 21/09/2015 by Friendzie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#54 Posted: 18:06:11 21/09/2015
well, whatever the case may be, here's hoping the don't try and sweep it under the rug. If it's a game issue that can't be patched, they need to offer new discs. If it can be patched, they need to patch it. If it's a figure issue, they need to fix the figures, and offer replacements for those who who bought the figure, while destroying the Nightfalls already in stores and replacing them with workin Nightfall figures.

It's sad, really. It's like the Skylanders brand is getting more shoddy by the game.

- tons of glitches in every new game
- figures not working
- they remove the ability to use magic items as they were used in the past 4 games
- no more elemental gates
- no more need for exploring, as everything is tied to those big chests and parts chests that are now randomized
- no adventure packs

It's starting to feel less like Skylanders. Wish VV would have put more modes in the game like Swap Force. Here's hoping Skylanders 6 is a return to form for the brand.

It's pretty sad, but I'm on Cloud Kindom and every time I'm in a vehicle it feels like I'm doing the same old thing. They should offer more styles of gameplay for vehicle segments, cause as of right now, it's pretty repetitive.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#55 Posted: 18:25:01 21/09/2015
So a gimmick which almost entirely nullifies the point of choosing whic character to play as, in certain areas, and which apparently got too much focus and act as an entirely different part of the game instead of implementing the already present gameplay (like the previous ones did) is making the game feel less Skylander-ish...?

How unexpected.

It might be SWAP Force all over again but worse: great game, fra from what Skylanders should be.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:57 21/09/2015 by Drek95
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#56 Posted: 18:32:14 21/09/2015
Patches don't really help for those who don't connect their systems online. Activision needs to spend whatever amount they need to spend in order to either fix the discs or replace the figures. They've earned billions of dollars on the franchise...they need to fix this properly to accommodate all people who are affected...not just those who are able to register online accounts and connect online. By the way, if it is a game disc issue, remaking game discs should not cost them even a dollar. Mass producing discs is done on the cheap.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#57 Posted: 18:34:27 21/09/2015
GM, I understand you're frustrated (as I would be)...but don't mix in actual problems that need to be addressed with your preferences of what makes a Skylanders game great. Let's focus on the one problem. I'd like others who happen to have a defect one as well come here so we can pile it on. It may help GM to notify Activision of this thread. Although, honestly, I've NEVER seen an Activision Support Rep come here with a resolution...just some general stuff and then disappear.

They can't sweep this one under the rug. I suspect if one wanted to I'm sure some of the Video Game rags might run an article or three on this. Again, like I said...this mistake will cost them millions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:35:28 21/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#58 Posted: 20:20:22 21/09/2015
People complained about content locked away behind various gates, now people are upset because there are no gates locking away content or content that is not available without toys that aren't out yet? I give up. This is why developers do not listen to the fans. This multiple personality, never satisfied with anything crap is ridiculous.

They have a bug, it won't get swept under the rug that one of the new characters won't work. Get a grip.
ATVIAssist Blue Sparx Gems: 978
#59 Posted: 20:44:55 21/09/2015
Hi there!

Sorry to hear about Nightfall! We're working to resolve this now but no update just yet. We'll keep you posted as we get more info. Also, please feel free to contact us as (844)help-eon or support.activision.com. Thanks!^MD
---
ATVIassist. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:22 21/09/2015 by ATVIAssist
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#60 Posted: 20:57:31 21/09/2015
Yay...now if I could just get my hands on him/her. Fiesta was my fav from day one, the character that switched my mind to 'maybe' I'll get this, and Nightfall was the one that said "Yeah, get this game".
- Unreall
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#61 Posted: 21:06:40 21/09/2015
I want one of these, faulty or otherwise. Looked all over with no luck. :(
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#62 Posted: 21:29:38 21/09/2015
So much fire and brimstone. Everybody needs to chill. If you bought a Nightfall figure that never ends up working properly then Activision owes you a replacement or a refund, but beyond that, they owe you nothing. Every game you purchase digitally in this day and age is basically a long term rental. Every game released in the last 5+ years has had patches galore that they are going to be very difficult to play decades from now if they are never remastered. It's the nature of the beast. 152 unique characters to code for this game and they screwed one up. I'm honestly surprised it took this long to see something like this. I will buy Nightfall as soon as I see one because maybe they won't reissue the figure and it will just end up dying off, however when Skylanders 6 rolls around I bet they code Nightfall properly and it will work like every other figure has for the last 5 years. You guys are all aware those chips in the figures will die at some point too right. Gaming is not designed to be something that will be retro again in 30 years. Gaming is designed as a here and now, play it, then move along to next thing. I love this series and I will continue to support it as long as the games are fun and the figures are enjoyable. Don't be surprised if the Skylanders Collection is available for your kids to play decades from now and all the characters are simply selectable from a menu. The figures are likely to end up some laughable novelty that people will look back on and say can you believe how much people were willing to pay for those things.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#63 Posted: 21:29:55 21/09/2015
Man I hope that that when they are shipped to Australia they will work.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#64 Posted: 21:37:12 21/09/2015
Quote: bilbobagins3
So much fire and brimstone. Everybody needs to chill. If you bought a Nightfall figure that never ends up working properly then Activision owes you a replacement or a refund, but beyond that, they owe you nothing. Every game you purchase digitally in this day and age is basically a long term rental. Every game released in the last 5+ years has had patches galore that they are going to be very difficult to play decades from now if they are never remastered. It's the nature of the beast. 152 unique characters to code for this game and they screwed one up. I'm honestly surprised it took this long to see something like this. I will buy Nightfall as soon as I see one because maybe they won't reissue the figure and it will just end up dying off, however when Skylanders 6 rolls around I bet they code Nightfall properly and it will work like every other figure has for the last 5 years. You guys are all aware those chips in the figures will die at some point too right. Gaming is not designed to be something that will be retro again in 30 years. Gaming is designed as a here and now, play it, then move along to next thing. I love this series and I will continue to support it as long as the games are fun and the figures are enjoyable. Don't be surprised if the Skylanders Collection is available for your kids to play decades from now and all the characters are simply selectable from a menu. The figures are likely to end up some laughable novelty that people will look back on and say can you believe how much people were willing to pay for those things.

You just took my heart and broke it in pieces smilie I want my Hex to work FOREVER! And I don't want to wait a year to play a character that should already be playable. And I want to buy the figures, it's not like I'm forced to buy them. After all, I don't really have anything else that I really want to spend my money for. (That's not supposed to be an argument, that's just how I feel)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:02 21/09/2015 by Deja Vu
#65 Posted: 21:44:07 21/09/2015
I agree people need to chill out, it will be fixed soon enough. But, Activision needs to really get out in front of this. A vague "we are looking into it" isn't good enough. A lot of people buy figures for Christmas gifts which means on Christmas morning, those figures not working is going to cause some serious issues, particularly since many of them will be bought by parents that don't know about updating consoles/etc. This undermines people's confidence in the technology - "If I get this will it work for him?", and that shouldn't even be a question in people's minds.

- They should make a statement on the Facebook page rather than stay silent. It is long past the time they can hope to get out a fix before people notice.
- They should quickly develop a plan for fixing it for each console, or recalling the ones already sent out if it is figure related.
- They should then announce those plans with timeframes.
- If it involves product replacement, they should be on the phone with Fedex about doing bulk overnight shipments.

People understand a lot better if they are not left to speculate. If they feel in the loop, the do not over-react as badly. I'm a reasonable guy, I get that software bugs happen, sometimes bad ones with significant effect. But I also know you don't want your clients guessing what is wrong and whether you with deal with it swiftly. I say this as a software developer that has run into similar things on projects. It's amazing how well people respond to good communication even in the worst of situations.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:49 21/09/2015 by defpally
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#66 Posted: 22:57:01 21/09/2015
Phew I would say all it would need is a patch if the figure is working on the demo portal as if it was a chip
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#67 Posted: 23:07:59 21/09/2015
I get where people are coming from when they say that a patch isn't going to be good enough for everyone. It is, however, going to help a ton of people play the game now, and for many years to come. So a patch would still be a nice option for those who aren't too keen on messing with returns and refunds.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#68 Posted: 23:08:20 21/09/2015
I agree people need to chill out, it will be fixed soon enough. But, Activision needs to really get out in front of this. A vague "we are looking into it" isn't good enough. A lot of people buy figures for Christmas gifts which means on Christmas morning, those figures not working is going to cause some serious issues, particularly since many of them will be bought by parents that don't know about updating consoles/etc. This undermines people's confidence in the technology - "If I get this will it work for him?", and that shouldn't even be a question in people's minds.

- They should make a statement on the Facebook page rather than stay silent. It is long past the time they can hope to get out a fix before people notice.
- They should quickly develop a plan for fixing it for each console, or recalling the ones already sent out if it is figure related.
- They should then announce those plans with timeframes.
- If it involves product replacement, they should be on the phone with Fedex about doing bulk overnight shipments.

People understand a lot better if they are not left to speculate. If they feel in the loop, the do not over-react as badly. I'm a reasonable guy, I get that software bugs happen, sometimes bad ones with significant effect. But I also know you don't want your clients guessing what is wrong and whether you with deal with it swiftly. I say this as a software developer that has run into similar things on projects. It's amazing how well people respond to good communication even in the worst of situations.

Part of "chilling out" means understanding that the company has acknowledged an error on day 2 following launch and allowing some time for them to have a few meetings to discuss what they're going to do before issuing a more elaborate and concise statement...which you seem to expect TODAY for some reason??? I understand the issue needs to be dealt with swiftly, but allowing less than 24 hours since Activision people went into their offices today and ranting about a vague acknowledgement statement sounds pretty unreasonable. Give them some more time rather than storming their offices with pitchforks right away.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#69 Posted: 23:21:26 21/09/2015
People complained about content locked away behind various gates, now people are upset because there are no gates locking away content or content that is not available without toys that aren't out yet? I give up. This is why developers do not listen to the fans. This multiple personality, never satisfied with anything crap is ridiculous.

They have a bug, it won't get swept under the rug that one of the new characters won't work. Get a grip.

People complained about Traptanium Elemental Gates because they replaced Regular ones, not because they existed.
Did anyone complained about needing to get a character for each movement type in SWAP Force...?
NO, because Regular Gates were still there, able to be opened by any Skylander of a certain Element.

I get the Gate concept might be a bit old as of now and should be replaced with something else but that's the point!
Replaced not removed: don't think there is an equivalent for that in SuperChargers.
People will most likely buy at least a character per Element so why not add a couple extra areas and collectable only Skylanders from a certain Element will be able to get?

To me that's the key: I shouldn't have to buy a character but I should get a special "reward" of some kind if I decided to get a specific Skylander I like.
Fire characters able to walk inside lava, Air ones able to fly over chasms, Earth ones able to destroy special crystals... All good stuff which were there in SA and got slowly removed from the series.
I am optimistic, however, since an interview mentioned devs really liking the "Elemental bonuses and special features" idea and also saying there already is some of that in this game. smilie

We always come down to the same conclusions: don't fix it if it isn't broken but absolutely start to figure out a way to repair it if it starts to not work anymore.
Then I would definitely be satisfied. smilie

Glad to hear Activision is aware of the Nightfall issue.
Hope they'll be able to fix it "soon". smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#70 Posted: 00:13:13 22/09/2015
This post probably needs to be in a review thread...

Elemental bonuses? Hasn't seem to have a huge impact so far...keep in mind I've only just finished the Cloud Kingdom level. Another thing to keep in mind is that all of the "collectable" stuff that contributed to portal rank seems to be gone. There aren't any bonus missions with unique objectives while being on foot. No scoring or time attack from what I've seen. No survival rounds. No PVP. No Heroics. No Quests. Although the content feels at least twice as thick as Trap Team, it feels just a bit less than what I felt I got in Swap Force. In short, it seems we're getting more focused content for the last two games as opposed to more broad content. Puzzles are just mazes now. Card game is a bit more technical with some depth, but doesn't really make it THAT much better.

Not sure about anyone else, but a good old "back to basics" game sounds like a great idea to me, with a fresh spin.

Nightfall: support knowing about it doesn't necessarily means they REALLY know about it. When they have a posted direction, then I'll be convinced.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:19:09 22/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#71 Posted: 00:49:54 22/09/2015
I also noticed that one of the pages of the Strategy Guide shows a Nightfall. So, even if in a devkit,she worked at some point.

Really makes me feel like she had some issue that wasn't sorted in time,or they thought it did but in 1.0 something changed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#72 Posted: 00:51:43 22/09/2015
Seriously... They BETTER fix her. I really want her.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
matteo Green Sparx Gems: 313
#73 Posted: 00:55:27 22/09/2015
THank goodness my SpEcial (as n it actually works) Nightfall is fully playable. Good luck waiting for Acti to patch or replace ur figure. we don't suffer from incompetencies, we make our own

[User Posted Image]

major spoiler alert!
[User Posted Image]

Good bye 4ever-I'm out. Spill no more beans i will g'norc me now :-D
#74 Posted: 00:58:18 22/09/2015
Oh man,any way of getting gameplay recorded,matteo? Considering you seem to be literally the only person with a working one.

*reads bottom*Oh, probably hacked then? Well, if it's like last year, guess we're only seeing it illegit until December.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:00:24 22/09/2015 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#75 Posted: 00:58:25 22/09/2015
HOLY CRAP WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT!!???

What SPECIAL Nightfall?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#76 Posted: 01:04:32 22/09/2015
Soo.. These aren't real? Or they are?.. Did you .. "somehow" hack the game to get it to look like that?
Hey, don't criticize my wording, I don't know much about coding :/
#77 Posted: 01:06:51 22/09/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Soo.. These aren't real? Or they are?.. Did you .. "somehow" hack the game to get it to look like that?

To get variants that don't show up even in the 3DS version(or were hinted anywhere for that matter)? Either friends with the devs or hacked.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:08 22/09/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#78 Posted: 01:11:10 22/09/2015
Matteo is a known hacker, since Giants.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#79 Posted: 01:12:44 22/09/2015
THAT SPLAT THO

filler night
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#80 Posted: 01:17:43 22/09/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
THAT SPLAT THO

filler night

splatted splat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) or inkling splat

--------
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#81 Posted: 01:19:01 22/09/2015
well if activision won't fix nightfall... #nightfallgate
#82 Posted: 01:20:12 22/09/2015
#wave2gate
---
#83 Posted: 01:22:06 22/09/2015
i got this hashtag going on instagram- #fixnightfall
#84 Posted: 01:22:50 22/09/2015
#knockknockit'sknuckles
#nintendosingles
#fixtheamiibostock
#wave2gate
---
#85 Posted: 01:23:05 22/09/2015
Wouldn't Badhairgate be a better name,since it's a pun? :3
---
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#86 Posted: 01:23:44 22/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost

To get variants that don't show up even in the 3DS version(or were hinted anywhere for that matter)? Either friends with the devs or hacked.

Considering Activision's policy with leaked figures, I doubt even by being friends with the devs someone would get to have special variants like these.
#87 Posted: 01:24:44 22/09/2015
#badhairgate
---
#88 Posted: 01:24:52 22/09/2015
Quote: RK

Considering Activision's policy with leaked figures, I doubt even by being friends with the devs someone would get to have special variants like these.

Hackers are severely punished, if caught. :L
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:32:20 22/09/2015 by Aura24
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#89 Posted: 02:09:14 22/09/2015
Quote: Aura24

Hackers are severely punished, if caught. :L

Source?
#90 Posted: 02:19:16 22/09/2015
Kung Fu Man.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#91 Posted: 02:22:25 22/09/2015
Kung Fu Man.

Wasn't he a user here too? Hacker? Same guy? I remember him.
#92 Posted: 02:24:42 22/09/2015
Kung Fu Man.

Wasn't he a user here too? Hacker? Same guy? I remember him.

He was, yes. He hacked into Trap Team and posted images of the Light and Dark Skylanders before they were officially announced. Activision sent him a cease-and-desist and apparently went after his job as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:25:36 22/09/2015 by Aura24
High_Volt23 Green Sparx Gems: 204
#93 Posted: 02:45:17 22/09/2015
I hope activistion doesn't forget about nightfall she is one of my favorite characters this game. If they don't fix her I at least hope that they will still sell her at some point because I still want her amazing figure

#FixNightfall
---
smilie PROTECT AND SURGE!!!smilie
#94 Posted: 02:50:18 22/09/2015
Quote: High_Volt23
I hope activistion doesn't forget about nightfall she is one of my favorite characters this game. If they don't fix her I at least hope that they will still sell her at some point because I still want her amazing figure

#FixNightfall

If it is a game bug, a simple update patch may resolve the issue. If it's really a chip error... I can imagine all the recalls and disappointed fans who bought the figure.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#95 Posted: 02:52:09 22/09/2015
Quote: matteo
Good bye 4ever-I'm out. Spill no more beans i will g'norc me now :-D

*CHOKES AND SPUDDERS!* OMG how do I legally get that of which is found in the second image?! LOL! I'm so jealous that you're already playing that. Thanks again Matteo, I knew you would pull though again this year!
---
Stay Cool!
#96 Posted: 02:59:36 22/09/2015
Since I didn't give an opinion on the variants yet:
The colors are just too tacky.

But update on Nightfall from another topic, seems like Acti stopped sending faulty figures and will try to send working ones until the end of the year.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:28:14 22/09/2015 by TTD
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#97 Posted: 03:09:09 22/09/2015
I bet the Power Blues are Walmart exclusive, since that's the only store we don't know about exclusives. (Well, I guess gamestop too, because Frightful Fiesta is only exclusive there for a week) I really, really hope I'm wrong, and these aren't walmart exclusive, because 99% of Walmarts don't know what the heck Skylanders even are.

Of course it could just be a pumpkin eye brawl thing (yes I know, not an in game variant, but it's the first one I could think of) and just release it at all stores for a limited time.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:16:17 22/09/2015 by mega spyro
#98 Posted: 03:10:21 22/09/2015
i bet it'll be a triple of the 3.

fillernight
#99 Posted: 03:11:04 22/09/2015
Walmart exclusively would be unlikely considering how they treat the franchise. I want to say TRU because of the blue, but they have Legendaries. Maybe it's an event thing.
---
#100 Posted: 03:11:25 22/09/2015
But update on Nightfall from another topic, seems like Acti stopped sending faulty figures and will try to send working ones until the end of the year.

I wonder if my Nightfall will have the same issue when it arrives, if it's part of the shipment.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me