First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Gold Hot Streak
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#51 Posted: 00:13:48 21/09/2015
Can't find any in idaho
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#52 Posted: 00:19:23 21/09/2015
I'm not that greedy for gold-painted figures, even if they will be worth more than $500 on eBay.
ChubbyZombie Green Sparx Gems: 128
#53 Posted: 00:20:08 21/09/2015
The cases of starter packs that contained golden hot streaks all had golden hot streaks. I wonder if this is a new version of a chase variant that is an in-game variant or if the rarity is tied to the release of the game. For instance, once wave 2 rolls around if these will be impossible to find. I picked one up for my son just in case.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#54 Posted: 00:25:06 21/09/2015
I wonder if this will be rare or not?..
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#55 Posted: 01:17:24 21/09/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
So that makes 5 hot streaks.

Hot Streak
E3 Hot Streak
Dark Hot Streak
Gold Hot Streak

What is the 5th hot streak?
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#56 Posted: 01:17:57 21/09/2015
If this one becomes common, it will be not a problem like we think before.
---
Bruh
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#57 Posted: 01:37:52 21/09/2015
I do wish they would release some of these vehicle variants as singles. I've never people too keen on the idea of repainted characters (just looks weird, imo), but having different paint jobs on vehicles is awesome. Too bad they aren't very accessible.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#58 Posted: 01:44:09 21/09/2015
Well if Austalia has them, I'll be waiting for preowned!
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#59 Posted: 03:06:01 21/09/2015
Quote: ChubbyZombie
The cases of starter packs that contained golden hot streaks all had golden hot streaks. I wonder if this is a new version of a chase variant that is an in-game variant or if the rarity is tied to the release of the game. For instance, once wave 2 rolls around if these will be impossible to find. I picked one up for my son just in case.

This isn't true. The Gamestop I was in had only one starter pack with Golden Hot Streak, and I watched him pull it from a fresh case. At the TRU I went to, they had a full case of XBOX One starter packs with Golden Hot Streak, but of their 12+ cases, those were the only ones, for any system. They let me look through the stock personally.
---
Hail Sithis
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:28:04 21/09/2015 by LordElohim
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#60 Posted: 03:11:27 21/09/2015
Hey, that's almost Instant Hot Streak's color scheme, but slight less orange.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#61 Posted: 04:23:09 21/09/2015
GRRRRRRRRRR i just saw this thread and I never thought to even look at the starters for a variant. I was out every store today pretty much. Guess i will do it again during lunch now.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#62 Posted: 05:41:56 21/09/2015
These look like they're going to be super common, so just be patient and pick one up secondhand in a year.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#63 Posted: 05:45:08 21/09/2015
Inb4 they turn rare~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#64 Posted: 06:01:42 21/09/2015
I have a feeling they are going to be very common. They probably produced a lot more of these gold hot streaks than they did of metallic wash buckler...and wash buckler goes for less than $15 second hand these days. The only people scooping them up are the hardcore collectors and wishful thinking scalpers (which means unused starter pack contents will be selling on the very cheap on EBay the next few months because of all the people with multiple purchases between the Nintendo versions & special hot streak packs). Keep in mind that 99.9% of people who will be purchasing starter packs did not go out on day one and buy one...Activision will be pumping a lot more of these starter packs out and they're just sitting in a warehouse somewhere awaiting restock orders and holiday shipments.
#65 Posted: 07:01:17 21/09/2015
Quote: mastermc54
I have a feeling they are going to be very common. They probably produced a lot more of these gold hot streaks than they did of metallic wash buckler...and wash buckler goes for less than $15 second hand these days. The only people scooping them up are the hardcore collectors and wishful thinking scalpers (which means unused starter pack contents will be selling on the very cheap on EBay the next few months because of all the people with multiple purchases between the Nintendo versions & special hot streak packs). Keep in mind that 99.9% of people who will be purchasing starter packs did not go out on day one and buy one...Activision will be pumping a lot more of these starter packs out and they're just sitting in a warehouse somewhere awaiting restock orders and holiday shipments.

That's possibly true or it may be a one day release thing, activ does crazy stuff.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#66 Posted: 12:00:46 21/09/2015
I hope when they send me one when I order for Black Friday they send me the regular one. If they don't I will store exchange it.
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#67 Posted: 16:35:10 21/09/2015
Anybody here who finds Golden Hot Streak, please report & let us know its location & the store ASAP...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:51:54 22/09/2015 by lordexodus
iceflow76 Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#68 Posted: 17:10:03 21/09/2015
Anyone near Flint Mi, the TRU on Linden Rd has 9 PS4 starter packs with a gold Hot Streak!

I'm looking for an Xbox One pack, which at this TRU were the normal Hot Streak.
---
Characters Owned: 131 of 131 (100%) (Bring on Superchargers)
Figures Owned: 209 of 268 (77.9%)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:20 21/09/2015 by iceflow76
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#69 Posted: 17:19:05 21/09/2015
Quote: LordElohim
Quote: ChubbyZombie

This isn't true. The Gamestop I was in had only one starter pack with Golden Hot Streak, and I watched him pull it from a fresh case. At the TRU I went to, they had a full case of XBOX One starter packs with Golden Hot Streak, but of their 12+ cases, those were the only ones, for any system. They let me look through the stock personally.

But was the case at Gamestop an actual case of the game? They normally break up the cases at a warehouse somewhere and spread them out among the stores. The cases they get aren't the original cases. That's why they always have the chase variants on their website with some promotion. They get pulled before they even hit the stores. At least that's how they do their figures. I wouldn't doubt they do the same with the starter packs.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#70 Posted: 18:45:10 21/09/2015
A shame there will be no stickers to go along with this variant, since suddenly we've been denied even stickers for the starters. I also believe this is 100% to do with the PS4 version.
#71 Posted: 18:49:06 21/09/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
A shame there will be no stickers to go along with this variant, since suddenly we've been denied even stickers for the starters. I also believe this is 100% to do with the PS4 version.

The first page has Xbox One pics. This looks to be 100% to do with current gen systems. Haven't heard anything about it showing up in PS3 or Xbox 360 starters.
---
#72 Posted: 18:55:40 21/09/2015
People seriously need to stop using the word "chase" with this variant...it is an in-game variant which can't be said for any past chase variants. It's a special little gift they've thrown at Playstation and XBox players since they miss out on the Nintendo console exclusives. There's plenty out there...people are just getting too antsy and hyping it up since the availability and distribution here on day two following launch has been scattered and spotty. Get a grip everybody! It's still a lot more common than the E3 variant Hot Streak. A lot of us missed out on the event variant villain trap last year and got by just fine without it in Trap Team.
#73 Posted: 19:08:30 21/09/2015
@mastermc54

I agree. Some people on eBay are paying almost as much as a starter pack for just one character. Their all going to be pissed when they realize how common this is going to be.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#74 Posted: 19:12:38 21/09/2015
I see no issue with calling it a chase variant, as it has a limited (in theory) distribution sprinkled amongst regular shipments of merchandise. it's like an alt-deco chase variant.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#75 Posted: 19:46:51 21/09/2015
Quote: Portal___Master

Hot Streak
E3 Hot Streak
Dark Hot Streak
Gold Hot Streak

A Hot Steak variant? If they made a steak on wheels version, I'd so be in for one!
---
Stay Cool!
#76 Posted: 20:25:45 21/09/2015
Quote: iceflow76
@mastermc54

I agree. Some people on eBay are paying almost as much as a starter pack for just one character. Their all going to be pissed when they realize how common this is going to be.

People are fools. Remember those $1000+ EBay auctions for metallic Shroomboom? Early adopter must have them all collectors with bottomless wallets can feel free to flush their money down the drain. They always seem to crawl out of the woodwork anytime something new and potentially rare is released.

Quote: UncleBob
I see no issue with calling it a chase variant, as it has a limited (in theory) distribution sprinkled amongst regular shipments of merchandise. it's like an alt-deco chase variant.

Then you can make a brand new category for it and any other curve ball Activision throws our way. Good luck putting that up on a checklist of figures arranged by category. It's not a regular chase variant as it is an in-game variant. We don't need to make a new hybrid category, but feel free to call it whatever you want. You can't use the word "limited" since we could theoretically be seeing these for months. Throwing around words like "limited" and "chase" without any info as to how many were made or how long they're going to be distributed is only going to make this scalper fodder. In my book, this is the "gift" figure exclusive to offer to Playstation and XBox owners since Nintendo is getting their Skymiibos.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#77 Posted: 20:55:37 21/09/2015

Hot Streak
E3 Hot Streak
Dark Hot Streak
Gold Hot Streak

Hot Streak
E3 Hot Streak
Dark Hot Streak
Gold Hot Streak
Instant Hot Streak

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#78 Posted: 21:03:31 21/09/2015
Quote: mastermc54

Then you can make a brand new category for it and any other curve ball Activision throws our way. Good luck putting that up on a checklist of figures arranged by category. It's not a regular chase variant as it is an in-game variant. We don't need to make a new hybrid category, but feel free to call it whatever you want. You can't use the word "limited" since we could theoretically be seeing these for months. Throwing around words like "limited" and "chase" without any info as to how many were made or how long they're going to be distributed is only going to make this scalper fodder. In my book, this is the "gift" figure exclusive to offer to Playstation and XBox owners since Nintendo is getting their Skymiibos.

Wait... you object to me saying "limited (in theory)", but you're okay with posting, multiple times, that this has *anything* to do with the Skylanders/amiibo crossover with absolutly no evidence? (I'm more inclined it has to do with trying to get folks to move to next gen systems, as I don't *think* we've seen them in PS3/360 bundles yet.

It *is* an AltDeco, just like Scarlett Ninjini or Nitro Head Rush. An existing figure (/vehicle) with a different paint job that appears with the different decoration in-game and carries a modifier on the base name. This fits with the AltDeco term that has consistently been in-place since the first Legendary 3-pack on launch day of Spyro's Adventure.

Is it a chase figure? Historically, chase figures don't appear different in game. What makes a "chase" figure a "chase" figure? The fact that it doesn't appear differently in-game? I wouldn't call Metallic Shroomboom or Blue Bash chase figures. To me, a chase figure is one that is shipped out mixed into regular assortments, with no announcement, and is more limited than the basic counterpart. There's little doubt these are a little harder to come by than the basic version. How much so remains to be seen. It's no where near as limited as a silver Boomer or clear Short Cut... but I don't think that limits it from being a "chase" variant.
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#79 Posted: 21:12:59 21/09/2015
Nobody seems to be finding them in Xbox 360 or PS3 starter packs. Just something I've noticed.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#80 Posted: 21:38:15 21/09/2015
lol this is too funny. I might have looked around for this had I known but oh well. I have regular and Dark but not a fan of red. It's kind of strange that it's super charged form take it back to mostly red anyway lol. Should have been blue, then it would be a must have lol.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#81 Posted: 21:56:20 21/09/2015
Quote: Crash10
Wait... We still have a chance.
There's a possibility that the Gold Hot Streak can be released in Single Pack. They can release in the same time as the normal Hot Streak. It's a chance, right?

Possibly, we can see a hot streak single pack in the future b/c of the nintendo platform gimmicks. But a variant? Seems kinda slim. I might get it on peebay later, i just really hate what activision did there.

We never saw a Riot Sheild Shredder, to get it, i had to sell my clear variant, i remember paying maybe $35 for it. I hope to see it in stores soon, the scalpers shouldn't do this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:18 21/09/2015 by goldenrushducks
#82 Posted: 23:34:19 21/09/2015
I have personally seen so many gold Hot Streaks in starter packs that I'm fairly certain that this variant is not much more rare than the basic Hot Streak. It's just going to take some time for people to buy the starter packs and start circulating them to the secondhand market. It will happen, though.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#83 Posted: 00:26:11 22/09/2015
Quote: Friendzie
I have personally seen so many gold Hot Streaks in starter packs that I'm fairly certain that this variant is not much more rare than the basic Hot Streak. It's just going to take some time for people to buy the starter packs and start circulating them to the secondhand market. It will happen, though.

; - ; send them to meeeeeee smilie! But seriously, I saw the picture with five of them in one store. How come I can't find one in all of Las Veags? I guess they got shipped ours smilie.
---
Dead
#84 Posted: 00:55:15 22/09/2015
I only found them in one TRU and there were 9+ there for the PS4. I also checked 4 GS, 1 BB, 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts and 1 Meijer and found nothing. I wish I had known about these when I was out Sat night and Sunday morning, could've gotten a larger sample size.
---
#85 Posted: 04:58:57 22/09/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

Hot Streak
E3 Hot Streak
Dark Hot Streak
Gold Hot Streak

Hot Streak
E3 Hot Streak
Dark Hot Streak
Gold Hot Streak
Instant Hot Streak

@Portal___Master
Your evidence of "Instant Hot Streak" please?
---
#86 Posted: 12:06:43 22/09/2015
@lordexodus

Plug an old portal in. Start the game with nothing on the portal. You will get the option to use Instant Hit Streak and then Instant Spitfire.

Unfortunately they do not show up in your collection afterwards.
---
#87 Posted: 12:39:40 22/09/2015
Wait... you object to me saying "limited (in theory)", but you're okay with posting, multiple times, that this has *anything* to do with the Skylanders/amiibo crossover with absolutly no evidence? (I'm more inclined it has to do with trying to get folks to move to next gen systems, as I don't *think* we've seen them in PS3/360 bundles yet.

Yep, this game is focusing marketing on getting folks to ditch last gen and adopt the latest consoles. I'm sure Activision would love to reduce the number of platforms they should support. They should've done this aggressively last year instead of the voucher for the free upgrade. Throwing in the Nintendo figures and chase variant is putting money where their mouth is. The decision to not even make the Wii game in the same league is yet another statement.

The sales number for "latest gen" (I Hate nextgen because the performance metrics of most of this is crap) are still very low. I'm honestly shocked they had a Wii version at all, and putting in unique figures in these starters is more or less assuring us (to me anyway) that maybe they REALLY DON'T CARE what platform you are on--if they can make a buck they'll throw it out. It may be crap, but they'll throw it out there.

So yeah, I just did a point counterpoint on myself.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 12:44:29 22/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#88 Posted: 12:48:50 22/09/2015
On an interesting note I was able to scan Golden HotStreak into my game without taking it out of the box.
#89 Posted: 13:36:33 22/09/2015
Went into 4 targets and 2 bestbuys yesterday and didn't see a single one. Going try TRU on wed. I wouldn't mind finding one of these if possible
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:32 22/09/2015 by SlayerX11
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#90 Posted: 17:19:05 22/09/2015
We have no confirmation on how this is being distributed. Whether they are in their own case or scattered throughout regular cases. I believe someone may have said they saw a case of them, though, so maybe it has been confirmed, but that's only one report. However, if it is just one per so many cases, it is officially a chase variant, whether or not it's in-game or not. That's the definition of chase. Just because Activision has never released an in-game chase variant before doesn't mean they can't do it, now. And considering they've thrown a few other curve balls recently (in-game variant convention exclusives for one), I wouldn't put it past them. Now if it's its own case, then it's not a chase, but possibly a limited edition (unless they just start showing up everywhere).
#91 Posted: 17:24:41 22/09/2015
Quote: obidawsn
We have no confirmation on how this is being distributed. Whether they are in their own case or scattered throughout regular cases. I believe someone may have said they saw a case of them, though, so maybe it has been confirmed, but that's only one report. However, if it is just one per so many cases, it is officially a chase variant, whether or not it's in-game or not. That's the definition of chase. Just because Activision has never released an in-game chase variant before doesn't mean they can't do it, now. And considering they've thrown a few other curve balls recently (in-game variant convention exclusives for one), I wouldn't put it past them. Now if it's its own case, then it's not a chase, but possibly a limited edition (unless they just start showing up everywhere).

Royal Double Trouble and Punch Pop Fiz were in-game chase variants that came in a starter pack. They were also randomly inserted.

Not sure why everyone was acting like this has never happened before. It's just been awhile since it has happened.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:58 22/09/2015 by iceflow76
#92 Posted: 17:32:14 22/09/2015
I think the eBay prices on these are getting ridiculous. This version of Hot Streak is more common than the Event Exclusive and the Clear Trap Masters. Why people are paying more than $30 over retail for these astounds me.

I hope the people trying to sell them didn't buy a lot of them because I have a feeling Wave 2 is going to have more of them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:58 22/09/2015 by iceflow76
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#93 Posted: 17:42:49 22/09/2015
Quote: obidawsn

Royal Double Trouble and Punch Pop Fiz were in-game chase variants that came in a starter pack. They were also randomly inserted.

Not sure why everyone was acting like this has never happened before. It's just been awhile since it has happened.

No, they weren't. Royal Double Trouble came in Skylanders Battlegrounds Starter Packs, in the US this was a Gamestop exclusive (other stores had the S1 pose on a Giants orange base). Punch Pop Fizz came in the Skylanders Giants 3DS version, every single one of them. Neither was a chase variant - a "chase variant" is one that is not packaged as part of a standard case assortment and is added randomly. That is not true for either one you mentioned.
#94 Posted: 18:40:33 22/09/2015
^ Facts. What are they good for? smilie

Quote: Muffin Man
I do wish they would release some of these vehicle variants as singles. I've never people too keen on the idea of repainted characters (just looks weird, imo), but having different paint jobs on vehicles is awesome. Too bad they aren't very accessible.

Well these Power Blue variants that were uncovered looks to be singles. I cringe when variants are in the starter. Doesn't present well "in the package" either for collectors. I know some have supplanted variants and resealed them in packages. I guess you could buy a Hot Streak single when released and re-incorporate him inside that packaging. Unclebob did that for GITD Cynder in the Giants days.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:42:50 22/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#95 Posted: 18:57:21 22/09/2015
I found the xbox one and ps4 @ GS. They thought they were for display ONLY ! had the big 74.99 stickers all over them ! I laffed and bought them both ! check your GS !
---
#96 Posted: 23:31:11 22/09/2015
I found another PS4 version at a Best Buy. Seems like that's all I keep finding.
---
#97 Posted: 05:03:14 23/09/2015
I found another PS4 version at a Best Buy. Seems like that's all I keep finding.

Location please? I did remind everyone here about this on post #67...
---
#98 Posted: 05:46:01 23/09/2015
I would not call these in-game chase variants because I've already seen more gold hot streaks than all the chase variants combined. They are shipping entire cases of them because I've seen them show up in huge clusters. Some stores seem to have gotten nothing but Gold Hot Streak in their Xbox One or PS4 starter packs.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me