Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > yearly reminder that spyro is dead
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
yearly reminder that spyro is dead [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#51 Posted: 13:23:08 22/09/2015
Kinda like Megaman!

I know, I struck a nerve. But he's still more alive through spinoffs than his own series.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#52 Posted: 15:49:02 22/09/2015
Gnasty Gnorc confirmed for Portal Master.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#53 Posted: 17:31:41 22/09/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro
You're all wrong. Clearly you all haven't dug deep enough into the Spyro series and its lore. I bet none of you have ever even played a Spyro game, and are just saying this to look cool! If you knew anything about Spyro, you'd know that he was dead from the start. Don't believe me? Well god damn it, that's YOUR fault for not even taking a second to think about anything, but allow me to explain.

In the first game, we have the dragons being interviewed for a documentary of their world. This is presumably live, as Gnasty Gnorc is able to see and hear what they've said about him despite being banished far, far away from the realms. He's angered that they're **** talking him and turns them all to crystal. But just look at Spyro! He doesn't get frozen by Gnasty's spell! Either Spyro isn't really a dragon, or (more likely) he dead! Don't think that's good enough? Well, when you get into the actual game itself, you'll notice that Spyro can't touch the water. Every time he tries, he gets hurt! Either he's some kind of demon witch or he's dead, because I doubt that the dragons would just have pure acid right in the middle of their domain. What if the babies got hurt?

But that's not all, no siree. Look at Spyro 2. He's all alone in a stormy place, complaining to Sparx about how it's been raining so long that he doesn't remember what the sun looks like. Sure, you could say it's just been raining...but what if he's actually DEAD?! Even if he wasn't already dead in Spyro 1, he definitely died at the end. All the platforms Gnasty Gnorc made disappeared as you walked on them, and there was no exit portal in sight. It was a tiny room, so we would've at least seen a bit of it if one was actually there. Poor Spyro probably starved to death in there. And then in Spyro 2 he goes through purgatory to repent for his sins (killing all those sheep!) and prove himself worthy. By defeating Ripto he is granted his right of passage into Heaven (Dragon Shores; he glorifies it so much, and it seems like paradise to him).

And just look at how abstract Spyro 3 is. All these unique creatures you can play as...I believe it may be a metaphor for Spyro's spirit possessing them. He frees them from Moneybags, the living embodiment of Greed, and in return they give their consent for Spyro to control their bodies. Hunter clearly goes to collect the blood of demons (alien-possessed sheep and cows) and likely has enough to summon Spyro whenever he needs him. And look at the other things you can do. You can ride in UFOs shot down by Agent 9/given to you by Bianca (who is clearly a metaphor for an atheist converting to Christianity), giving a supernatural feel to the whole game. You can ride on skateboards; possibly a metaphor for letting the real world go when you go to Heaven? But no matter what, it's clear that Spyro is dead in this game.

I don't even have to explain TLoS. His body is so broken that there's no way he could ever be alive in the first place. He likely died as a baby, his body crushed by a rock, and throughout the games Sparx has vivid hallucinations of going on adventures with his dead "brother."

So yes...Spyro is dead. It's a major part of this story. Duh.

jk. at first in skylanders spyro was kinda relevant but now he's only important in the comics. a new spyro game would be nice but eh

That has got to be the longest Joke post I've ever read.
---
Dead
IndianaViola Green Sparx Gems: 368
#54 Posted: 18:25:04 22/09/2015
Whoa! What a twist when I saw the spoiler!
And yes, a new Spyro game would be great. If also available for the 3DS... since it's so far the only modern gaming device I own.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me