Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Question on Region Locking...
Page 1 of 1
Question on Region Locking... [CLOSED]
KnightArtorias Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#1 Posted: 06:02:42 17/09/2015 | Topic Creator
So I ordered Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition on PS3. It's a Region 2 game...but will it work on my Region 1 PS3? I don't know region locking that well, so I thought I'd ask. I've heard both sides, with the popular one on the "Will Play" side saying that only the DLC (which is included on the PTD edition anyway) is region locked, and that discs are region-free.
---
"Caim? Caim...the one who calls to me...I cannot see. Where are you?"
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#2 Posted: 06:42:14 17/09/2015
Do you know what region your getting the game from? Also where do you live?
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#3 Posted: 10:43:32 17/09/2015 | Topic Creator
British game, American PS3
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#4 Posted: 11:31:10 17/09/2015
I did some research and it should work. From what I've seen the PS3 is region lock free.

If you want to take the risk, do it.
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#5 Posted: 15:06:56 17/09/2015
It should. PS3 is capable of region-lock but doesn't have it set automatically, rather that it is in the hands of the individual game developers to decide if they wish to region-lock their games. I only know of 1 game that is region locked and it's from the Persona series.

Since the DLC is already included, I don't know if that would cause any issues since you said about the DLC not working on other regions.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#6 Posted: 15:23:47 17/09/2015
most ps3 games are region free, however dlc IS region locked so you would probably have to make a psn account from the dlcs region for it to work, although prepare to die edition already has the dlc on disc so its fine
#7 Posted: 20:16:52 18/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: arceustheprime
most ps3 games are region free, however dlc IS region locked so you would probably have to make a psn account from the dlcs region for it to work, although prepare to die edition already has the dlc on disc so its fine

That's what I kinda figured, that a region account would work...that's how I managed to get into the Japanese PSN store and buy LSD Dream Emulator...created a Japanese PSN profile on my console.
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me