Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > What (to you) are some sure signs that someone is a tryhard?
Page 1 of 1
What (to you) are some sure signs that someone is a tryhard? [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 01:04:40 16/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Title.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#2 Posted: 01:22:45 16/09/2015
If their punchline takes too long.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3 Posted: 02:39:26 16/09/2015
When did having goals and doing everything in your power to accomplish them become a bad thing?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:43 16/09/2015 by Metallo
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#4 Posted: 02:49:29 16/09/2015
Quote: Metallo
When did having goals and doing everything in your power to accomplish them become a bad thing?

Depends on what the goal is and what you do to get to that goal.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#5 Posted: 03:06:58 16/09/2015 | Topic Creator

That's not what I'm referring to. A "tryhard" is basically someone who makes obvious attempts to give off an impression of themselves in a certain way, or simply someone who tries noticeably hard to fit in.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#6 Posted: 03:26:37 16/09/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises

That's not what I'm referring to. A "tryhard" is basically someone who makes obvious attempts to give off an impression of themselves in a certain way, or simply someone who tries noticeably hard to fit in.

someone who uses memes outside of the internet.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#7 Posted: 03:37:09 16/09/2015
Quote: parisruelz12

someone who uses memes outside of the internet.

The weeaboos in the library.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#8 Posted: 03:38:25 16/09/2015
This is a hard question to answer. I can't exactly say how I can tell, but I can just feel when someone is a tryhard. I guess partially it's because they sound scripted? It sounds like they found their joke on tumblr and tell it to me in the middle of a conversation with no feeling to it.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#9 Posted: 08:55:27 16/09/2015
You kinda answered your own question there, but anyway.

To me tryhards are often identifiable by their obvious unconscious compulsion to fit in. They are usually insecure on the inside (as a result not "belonging to a pack", so to speak), and usually socially inept (the result of which, is not "belonging to a pack").
They don't know how to act around any given group of people and as a result they are driven to mimic and repeat the behavior of others they look up to, usually the most expressive members of the group, who may or may not have the favor of the rest of the group in the first place.

The conscious mimicking is really the main point, which is not the same as "mirroring", which happens unconsciously. The difference is usually obvious because an unconscious change in behavior happens gradually.
Some people also might really find an old joke is funny, or want to repeat the same things over and over. You always have to consider the fact that what you think of as an old meme might be a new meme in the eyes of someone else.
This might just be a difference in sense of humor, and it has nothing to do with the need to fit in.

I guess that about explains it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:56:33 16/09/2015 by Samius
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#10 Posted: 04:04:04 17/09/2015

Oh wow.....I've never heard that before.

Around here, the term "tryhard" originated as a CoD term for those guys who always seem to have a KDR and WLR over 3.25. Then, it branched out into people who deliberately excel academically.

Anyway, I honestly believe that when you give your all to fit in to something, you have no personality anymore and have been drained of all spirit. JUst saying.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me