Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo announces new president, Tatsumi Kimishima.
Page 1 of 1
Nintendo announces new president, Tatsumi Kimishima. [CLOSED]
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1 Posted: 13:46:58 14/09/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Nintendo has announced the new president of Nintendo to be Tatsumi Kimishima.

Past Roles

-Appointed the Pokemon Company's Chief Financial Officer in 2000.
-Appointed the President of Pokemon USA inc. in 2001.
-Promoted to Managing Director of Nintendo Co., Ltd on April 2013.**
-Kimishima has been Chairman of the Board for NoA for the last decade.

He has worked on Mario Party 5-8, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and Advanced Golf, and multiple Metroid and Wario games, including Metroid Prime.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2 Posted: 14:51:55 14/09/2015
I still wish Miiamoto was president.But still good choice
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 15:56:32 14/09/2015
I was hoping for a fresh, younger person, but I hope he can do a good job. I'm glad it isn't Miyamoto though (no offense to him, but I don't think he'd be good for the role, not in this day and age anyway).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 17:02:26 14/09/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
I still wish Miiamoto was president.But still good choice

It wouldn't work. Miyamoto is more of a creator than an executive, and being president would get in the way of that. He wouldn't fit very well in the role and I get the feeling he would've turned it down if offered anyway (and who's to say it wasn't?).
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#5 Posted: 19:50:48 14/09/2015
The man is 65, how long is it going to be until he retired smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#6 Posted: 21:14:03 14/09/2015
It won't take long...
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#7 Posted: 22:22:12 14/09/2015
I thought Reggie would be President.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#8 Posted: 22:39:32 14/09/2015
Reggie is already president of Nintendo of America. It'd already make no sense to put him in Japan, if it wasn't for the fact that he's a foreigner and japanese companies usually don't put foreigners in such high ranks.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#9 Posted: 00:15:00 15/09/2015
He oversaw the marketing in US for the Wii.Wii would like to play.The NX marketing could be as good as the Wiis.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#10 Posted: 00:18:59 15/09/2015
Cool. Never heard of him, like most of Nintendo's people.

He oversaw the marketing in US for the Wii.Wii would like to play.The NX marketing could be as good as the Wiis.

That bad, huh?
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#11 Posted: 00:20:28 15/09/2015
You have no idea how many "He looks like a crime boss." comments i've seen. Buncha jerks.

Otherwise i think he'll do good and i wish the best for him.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#12 Posted: 00:48:45 15/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Some more info that has recently come out in interviews.

-Kimishima will run the company for only 1 year and is open to the idea of a company outsider coming in at some point in the future and running the company.

-There will be no changes to the basic strategy set up by Iwata.

-Nintendo was looking for someone younger to replace Iwata but they lacked the personnel.

-Personality is described as “soft and friendly”. Kimishima predicted Wii U’s failure when it was introduced by warning it was too similar to the original Wii. He is quoted as saying it’s wrong to lead a gaming company on numbers alone. Kimishima wasn’t Iwata’s favorite choice.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#13 Posted: 01:02:24 15/09/2015
He did an interview and I did some looking around, and there are a few things about this guy that make me really hopeful:

-While he is credited in a few games, he never did any development, just management. He's more of a businessman (probably the only thing preventing him from sounding like absolute perfection).

-He opposed the Wii U launching in the state it did, since he felt it was too similar to the Wii and would bomb.

-He is open to "an outsider" taking over after he is finished. That is HUGE. That basically means he is willing to let even a Western individual take over ALL of Nintendo after he is done.

-He has a huge restructure planned, such as forming a new division dedicated to the business side of video game development and production. That could mean many things but what I think it means is that this division will be dedicated to paying close attention to what consumers actually want. Nintendo has always been one to do their own thing, but perhaps too much so, to where they even omit things from systems and games that really would benefit them, even if other companies do it a lot. It seems Tatsumi wants to dial things back a notch and wants more Western sensibilities and modern standards incorporated into Nintendo's game plan.

There is a lot more but yeah. This guy is very different than all of the previous Nintendo CEOs and will more than likely try a lot of new things the company never has before.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#14 Posted: 01:51:39 15/09/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
He did an interview and I did some looking around, and there are a few things about this guy that make me really hopeful:

-While he is credited in a few games, he never did any development, just management. He's more of a businessman (probably the only thing preventing him from sounding like absolute perfection).

-He opposed the Wii U launching in the state it did, since he felt it was too similar to the Wii and would bomb.

-He is open to "an outsider" taking over after he is finished. That is HUGE. That basically means he is willing to let even a Western individual take over ALL of Nintendo after he is done.

-He has a huge restructure planned, such as forming a new division dedicated to the business side of video game development and production. That could mean many things but what I think it means is that this division will be dedicated to paying close attention to what consumers actually want. Nintendo has always been one to do their own thing, but perhaps too much so, to where they even omit things from systems and games that really would benefit them, even if other companies do it a lot. It seems Tatsumi wants to dial things back a notch and wants more Western sensibilities and modern standards incorporated into Nintendo's game plan.

There is a lot more but yeah. This guy is very different than all of the previous Nintendo CEOs and will more than likely try a lot of new things the company never has before.

I really don't want some Sony/Microsoft type guy to take over Nintendo.Then it there would be stuff like Day One DLC,OMG look at da graphics,"VR is the future of gaming" type crap.
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#15 Posted: 02:00:13 15/09/2015

I really don't want some Sony/Microsoft type guy to take over Nintendo.Then it there would be stuff like Day One DLC,OMG look at da graphics,"VR is the future of gaming" type crap.

this means hopefully Nintendo will continue to go in a good direction.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#16 Posted: 03:45:49 15/09/2015
He's done plenty of things in the past that seemed to work so I'll trust him. a
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#17 Posted: 12:25:34 15/09/2015
*snip*

Not to mention all the shooters that would probably end up coming.

I hope he does a good job with such a precious & delicate company.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#18 Posted: 23:43:13 16/09/2015
Woah.
---
My life is complete.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#19 Posted: 02:06:50 17/09/2015

Because the president has that kind of power.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#20 Posted: 02:26:27 17/09/2015

Except that kind of stuff (except VR because VR is like the 3D home gaming that failed) would benefit us. Graphics would definitely bring more third-party support so they know they don't have to make their games look like **** just to get it to run on 2 Wii U's ducktaped together.
---
words. letters. filler.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me