Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pikmin 4 in development (close to completion)/Mario Galaxy 3 teased
Page 1 of 1
Pikmin 4 in development (close to completion)/Mario Galaxy 3 teased [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1 Posted: 00:11:50 08/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Both claims from Shigeru Miyamoto:

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...e-to-completion
http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...er-and-advances

Quote:
Pikmin 4 is in development and "very close to completion", Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto has exclusively confirmed to Eurogamer.

Speaking during an interview held back in July, Nintendo's top designer revealed that work on a fourth major Pikmin game was well underway.

"It's actually very close to completion," Miyamoto said. "Pikmin teams are always working on the next one."

Nintendo then confirmed the news to Eurogamer in a separate statement:

"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

Despite the article headline for the Galaxy 3 news story claiming Galaxy 3 won't happen until the NX, the wording of Miyamoto's statement implies it's possible it could happen on Wii U:

Quote:
"On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, are always looking to challenge Galaxy and do another 3D action title," Miyamoto continued. "However we can't make so many games at once in parallel.

"But as the hardware technology gets better and advances, I think there will be a lot of opportunity for both options."

When asked what extra hardware power would be needed - and whether this meant Nintendo would now wait for its upcoming NX console - Miyamoto was coy:

"Wii U's definitely good enough in terms of hardware performance, it is more the workload of the team. If you look at Star Fox Zero, the TV and GamePad are both rendered in 60 frames, so in total that's 120 frames. It's really just a matter of the CPU speed at this point."
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:24 08/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2 Posted: 01:16:28 08/09/2015
Really looking forward to it.
---
My life is complete.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#3 Posted: 01:19:38 08/09/2015
Pikmin 4 is most likely on Wii U,
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#4 Posted: 01:27:32 08/09/2015
Looking forward to Pikmin 4, but I can't say the same about Galaxy 3. They're great games and all, but not my personal cup of tea. I hope they don't run the idea dry.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#5 Posted: 01:50:12 08/09/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
Looking forward to Pikmin 4, but I can't say the same about Galaxy 3. They're great games and all, but not my personal cup of tea. I hope they don't run the idea dry.

Doubt they'll run the Galaxy series dry. Plus Galaxy 3's only a possibility right now, so I'm not getting my hopes up until its officially announced. For Pikmin however I do agree with you, as to me it just doesn't fit as one of Nintendo's "regular" franchises like Mario. Though I must admit I'm looking forward to it a lot, but I need to finish Pikmin 3 first smilie
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 03:09:44 08/09/2015 | Topic Creator
They can't really run Galaxy dry because literally it's only real gimmick was that some levels were on small planets that you hopped between. Other than that it's no different to 64 and Sunshine in terms of core mechanics (sans FLUDD - though even that has successors in certain power ups).

Really there is no reason not to use the Galaxy template going forward as more "normal" 3D Mario levels can still co-exist with the planet hopping levels. I mean, there is literally a Mario 64 level in Galaxy 2. And Sunshine Beach in Galaxy 2 had level design very remiscent of Sunshine. If they want to, every 3D Mario game going forward could use "the universe" as it's setting since it opens limitless possibilities for level design ideas while being contextually appropriate.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#7 Posted: 04:53:42 08/09/2015
Dang, time to finish Pikmin 2 and 3 smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#8 Posted: 13:45:39 08/09/2015
Imagine if they are both launch titles for the NX, that will be fantastic. I have high hopes for galaxy 3, mario games always seem to exceed my expectations.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#9 Posted: 18:51:20 08/09/2015
This is great that there will be a Pikmin 4. Here's hoping we finally get some green Pikmin in this game.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#10 Posted: 04:06:43 09/09/2015
I cant wait for galaxy 3 I loved and own the first 2 imagine if it were an nx launch title.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#11 Posted: 11:36:29 09/09/2015
I hope Super Mario Galaxy 3 is an NX launch title. It doesn't matter how many games are there at launch but rather the games themselves. Are they worth it? The difference between a Super Mario Bros. for NES and a Ryse: Son of Rome for Xbox One.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12 Posted: 13:57:43 09/09/2015
Pikmin is cool.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me