Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Kingdom Hearts - Re:All-Purpose Topic (Beta Release)
Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Kingdom Hearts - Re:All-Purpose Topic (Beta Release)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#1 Posted: 01:16:43 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I know a Kingdom Hearts All-Purpose Topic exists, but I think it's more or less dead, and a lot has happened within the franchise since that topic was made. I've also always wanted to make an All-Purpose Topic with a lot of my energy put into it, and since I am super sucked into Kingdom Hearts right now, I felt now would be as good a time as any. So without further ado...

[User Posted Image]

Let's get goin'!

-----------------------

[User Posted Image]

Kingdom Hearts III
Platforms: PS4/Xbox One
Release Date: N/A
http://www.kingdomhearts.com/khiii/

E3 2015 Trailer

Confirmed Worlds

• Twilight Town (Kingdom Hearts II)
  • Mount Olympus (Disney's Hercules)
  • Kingdom of Corona (Disney's Tangled)
  • San Fransokyo (Disney's Big Hero 6)
  • Destiny Islands (Kingdom Hearts - Confirmed for cutscenes/plot relevance, unknown if playable)
  • Land of Departure (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - Confirmed for cutscenes/plot relevance, unknown if playable)

• De-confirmed Worlds

• Halloween Town (Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas)

• -----------------------

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ ("Chi")
    Platforms: iOS/Android
    Release Date: September 3rd (Japan - N/A everywhere else, but English localisation is confirmed)

E3 2015 Trailer

-----------------------

[User Posted Image]

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    ---
    "My memories will be part of the sky."
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:24 02/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
    #2 Posted: 01:17:00 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    Reserved
    ---
    #3 Posted: 01:17:52 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    Reserved Once More
    ---
    skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
    #4 Posted: 01:18:40 02/09/2015
    Dang it....Now i feel like digging up my PS2........
    ---
    Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
    #5 Posted: 01:21:19 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    I will likely finish up this topic within the coming week. Hopefully what I have so far is enough for you guys to get some discussion going for now.
    ---
    #6 Posted: 01:26:40 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Sesshomaru75
    The Re: part of the title bothers me, but w/e.

It's just a cheeky reference. Stands for "remake".

[User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image]
    ---
    Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
    #7 Posted: 03:16:53 02/09/2015
    Might I ask the source on Halloweentown's de-confirmation? Just curious.
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    #8 Posted: 10:35:31 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed by a Korean gaming publication, and among other things, he said Halloween Town would not be returning due to the fact he has already exhausted the movie's material.

This article also states Pride Lands aren't returning, but that was later discovered to be a mistranslation, so ignore that bit.

http://www.designntrend.com/ar...s4-xbox-one.htm
    ---
    DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
    #9 Posted: 11:53:47 02/09/2015
    Oh wait, Pride Lands not returning is false then? That's good news to me, since I was sad when I heard it wasn't returning. ^__^
    I understand HT not returning since it's pretty much been covered completely. Using it again would just be milking it.

The worlds I would love in KH3 are Treasure Planet, Lilo and Stitch and Emperor's New Groove. The last one mainly because of the fact that the transforming potions will probably effect Sora. xD
    ---
    a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:41:50 02/09/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    #10 Posted: 12:38:56 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    If they really wanted to, they could base a Halloween Town in KHIII off of that one PS2 game that was actually a sequel to the movie in terms of plot, but I don't think it would offer much new in terms of aesthetics, and the villain was still Oogie Boogie in that game IIRC, so yeah, the story wouldn't offer much new either.

It's a shame we won't get to see it in glorious UE4 graphics, and it's always been a favourite of mine, but I understand them not bringing it back.
    ---
    #11 Posted: 12:45:30 02/09/2015
    Yeah same, it's one of my favourite worlds too along with Pride Lands. I loved it's atmosphere and Sora's costume (hopefully it will be unlockable along with the Santa outfit). I'm not going to lie, KH3 will probably be a bit off without HT in it for me since it's in most of the games, but I will probably get over it. :\
    ---
    StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
    #12 Posted: 13:39:29 02/09/2015
    I wouldn't mind if Dream Drop Distance HD Remix comes as a standalone PS3 game as long as it's cheaper then when the last two came out.

[User Posted Image]
    ---
    Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
    #13 Posted: 14:33:40 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    Tetsuya Nomura has already stated it's in heavy consideration, and that they have already done the technological tests for it, and said it'd be an easy job. However, they are still trying to figure out the right way to go about it, since they don't really want to just release a remastered game on it's own.

I think what they will end up doing is making Dream Drop Distance: Final Mix for PS4, and it will include a prologue demo for KHIII, similar to what they did with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD having a prologue demo for Final Fantasy XV.
    ---
    #14 Posted: 16:50:05 02/09/2015
    Quote: sonicbrawler182
    Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed by a Korean gaming publication, and among other things, he said Halloween Town would not be returning due to the fact he has already exhausted the movie's material.

This article also states Pride Lands aren't returning, but that was later discovered to be a mistranslation, so ignore that bit.

http://www.designntrend.com/ar...s4-xbox-one.htm

Ok. Thanks. I'd seen it mentioned before, but wasn't sure where it was announced. Rather bummed as I quite like the world and Sora's outfit, but oh well. If it means some new Disney movies like Pocahontas, Jungle Book, & Robin Hood can have a chance to shine (some of my hopes) then so be it.
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
    #15 Posted: 22:20:05 02/09/2015
    I'm really hoping they do make a PS3 port of DDD, mostly so I can actually play it. I don't own any nintendo consoles. :/
    ---
    "Was it a hot ghost?"
    Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
    #16 Posted: 23:01:11 02/09/2015
    Quote: Sesshomaru75
    Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
    I don't own any Nintendo consoles. :/

That's kinda your own fault though, tbh. :/

It 100% is my own fault. Doesn't mean I can't hope for a remake.
    ---
    "Was it a hot ghost?"
    KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
    #17 Posted: 00:41:21 03/09/2015
    This is a good idea anyway we need more news for the upcoming games in the series.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:51 03/09/2015 by KeybasHedKey
    #18 Posted: 01:33:08 03/09/2015
    Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
    I'm really hoping they do make a PS3 port of DDD, mostly so I can actually play it. I don't own any nintendo consoles. :/

I had the same issue with BBS. I don't own a PSP, only Nintendo portables. I was so happy when BBS came to PS3 with the KH2 2.5 game. I was also happy that COM came to 1.5.
    ---
    TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
    #19 Posted: 02:50:26 03/09/2015
    Quote: KeybasHedKey
    This is a good idea anyway we need more news for the upcoming games in the series.

TGS is nearing so...
    ---
    words. letters. filler.
    #20 Posted: 01:02:40 05/09/2015 | Topic Creator

It looks really snazzy.

I also recommend you guys subscribe to this channel if you won't quality KH content on your YouTube feed every day. He runs an amazing channel dedicated to KH.
    ---
    #21 Posted: 09:03:25 05/09/2015
    Mickey from KH would have to be my favourite form of Mickey tbh. Shame I don't play Disney Infinity. But if I did I'd so get it. <3
    ---
    Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
    #22 Posted: 09:27:13 05/09/2015
    Yay, a Kingdom Hearts topic! c:

Tangled and Big Hero 6 are two of my favourite Disney movies, and I'm really excited about them being in KH3.
    #23 Posted: 15:31:37 05/09/2015
    Quote: DarkCynder_543
    Mickey from KH would have to be my favourite form of Mickey tbh. Shame I don't play Disney Infinity. But if I did I'd so get it. <3

It's a good thing you don't. The power disc to give Mickey that costume was exclusive to D23 and limited to I think 5,000. Surely would cost an arm and a leg to get one.
    ---
    #24 Posted: 23:37:03 08/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    So it turns out a possible leak happened regarding KHIII and another unannounced KH project.

Basically, someone posted a LinkedIn profile regarding work they have done for Square Enix, including development work for KHIII and "KH 2.9 Remix". They go into detail on what they worked on, stating that they worked on Pixar themed worlds, Gummi Ship systems, and multiplayer, in KHIII.

The profile is linked to various other Square Enix employee profiles that have been confirmed to be legitimate. For those who don't know, these other accounts would have to verify this person as a co-worker, meaning this very well might be legitimate. This also isn't the first time KH 2.9 has been leaked.

http://kh13.com/news/new-leak-...3-playstation-4
    ---
    #25 Posted: 00:48:56 09/09/2015
    Fascinating...

The first thought that comes to mind is DDD Remake, though why not just ResmilieDD or DDD FM? It is also interesting to see Attraction Flow listed under 2.9, unless it's a mistake and was meant to be Flowmotion?

Perhaps it's Days and Coded now as full games with DDD remaster as well?

Pixar could be interesting depending on which movie it is.
    ---
    #26 Posted: 01:06:47 09/09/2015
    That's some interesting news.

It's exiting to know about possible pixar involvement. I had a feeling that pixar may need to be involved since disney only movies are rather limited and it seems like Square only wants to focus on the early 90s to modern disney films. As much as I prefer KH to focus on Disney and FF only, this is probably the best way to go. Toy Story and The Incredibles would be interesting. Buzz Lightyear in KH3 would be pretty cool imo. I'm hoping that cars doesn't make it through since I'd rather not have Sora be turned into a car thank you.

Also I'm betting 2.9 will be DDD remade for PS3 and PS4, or just PS4, with a demo of KH3.

Also disappointed that they used Notre Dame for DDD instead of KH3, since DDD didn't do it justice. It's disappointing since Notre Dame is one of my favourite Disney movies and if done correctly it would have been a really great world. And since the whole story has pretty much been covered there is a very slim chance it will return for KH3. I'm just hoping Treasure Planet, my other fave disney movie, will be included. I also wouldn't mind Wonderland returning since there's more that can be done with that world.
    ---
    #27 Posted: 01:19:00 09/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    My two cents:

I think 2.9 is going to be to KH3 what MGSV: Ground Zeroes was to The Phantom Pain. Not really a demo, but like a small, budget game that serves as a prologue to KH3. Square have done this before with the Dissidia: Final Fantasy games.

And I think it will include DDD too to make it an even meatier package. Nomura has stated that he wants to remaster DDD but is waiting for a good opportunity to do so. Packaging it with a KH3 prologue game would be perfect, it would sell like hotcakes.
    ---
    #28 Posted: 01:55:25 09/09/2015
    Toy Story getting added wouldn't be much of a surprise as Buzz & Woody were intended to be summons in KH2 FM. Their untextured models are still in the game files. Probably fell through from licensing which may not be a problem now.

Honestly, I'd rather not have another mini-filler game like Coded to try and set up 3.

-----
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:51 09/09/2015 by Seiki
    JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8498
    #29 Posted: 02:29:33 09/09/2015
    I know a Kingdom Hearts All-Purpose Topic exists, but I think it's more or less dead, and a lot has happened within the franchise since that topic was made. I've also always wanted to make an All-Purpose Topic with a lot of my energy put into it, and since I am super sucked into Kingdom Hearts right now, I felt now would be as good a time as any. So without further ado...

[User Posted Image]

Let's get goin'!

-----------------------

[User Posted Image]

Kingdom Hearts III
    Platforms: PS4/Xbox One
    Release Date: N/A
    http://www.kingdomhearts.com/khiii/

E3 2015 Trailer

Confirmed Worlds

• Twilight Town (Kingdom Hearts II)
  • Mount Olympus (Disney's Hercules)
  • Kingdom of Corona (Disney's Tangled)
  • San Fransokyo (Disney's Big Hero 6)
  • Destiny Islands (Kingdom Hearts - Confirmed for cutscenes/plot relevance, unknown if playable)
  • Land of Departure (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - Confirmed for cutscenes/plot relevance, unknown if playable)

• De-confirmed Worlds

• Halloween Town (Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas)

• -----------------------

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ ("Chi")
    Platforms: iOS/Android
    Release Date: September 3rd (Japan - N/A everywhere else, but English localisation is confirmed)

E3 2015 Trailer

-----------------------

[User Posted Image]

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

REPOSTED THE OP DUE TO IMAGES NOT SHOWING UP.
    ---
    You gotta believe! Heh heh.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:39 09/09/2015 by JCW555
    #30 Posted: 02:44:18 09/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    I'm not talking about something akin to Chain of Memories or Re:Coded though (even though CoM is actually a significant game lore wise), I'm talking about a prologue that sets the stage for KH3 and lets us play around with it's mechanics and explore a new world in the new engine. Something that's about 5 hours long on it's own.

In terms of how they could handle that, what if we got to play as Young Xenahort? Nomura has already said that he's playing with the idea of multiple playable characters, and he confirmed that the scene of Young Eraqus and Xenahort talking in the KH3 E3 trailer is the opening to KH3. A short campaign for the prologue game featuring Young Xehanort or even Eraqus could lead into that very well.

In fact, one of my many predictions for KH3 in general, is that I think Xenahort could have his own campaign. Seems appropriate since KH3 marks the end of the "Xenahort Saga", and it's plot is to be about the upcoming war between the Guardians of Light and the Seekers of Darkness - Sora will obviously be our playable representative for the Guardians of Light, but Xehanort would be perfect for the side of the Seekers of Darkness.

-----
    ---
    #31 Posted: 05:03:48 09/09/2015
    Who said CoM wasn't significant? The battle system is horrid beyond belief but the story is very important. Coded's only true need to exist is to finally answer the question of what's in Mickey's letter and set up DDD in saying Riku & Sora need to take the Mark of Mastery.

If it does serve a good, important purpose to the story that's fine, I just don't want another game like Coded where you're dragging through the game for a small point that only serves to set up the next game. Of course the worst part of Coded is that you have to go through mostly the same events as the first game for the third time with the slight twist of it being in a digital world with the Castle Oblivion world arguably the only part of the story needed, so naturally as long as it has a new and original story this should be avoided.

-----
    ---
    #32 Posted: 09:04:03 09/09/2015
    Having a prologue + DDD for 2.9 makes sense, since DDD is needed to understand KH3, and a lot of people probably haven't played it due to being on a portable platform.

Also love the idea of multiple playable characters. As much as I like Sora, my main peeve about KH2 has always been that the other original characters got hardly any screen-time in the middle of the game. Donald and Goofy are good partners and it's not KH without them, but I wouldn't mind seeing Riku and Kairi join the party for the bit as well as the other two trios getting more spotlight if they get saved.

_____
    ---
    #33 Posted: 11:34:19 09/09/2015
    No news is better news than Shinji Hashimoto appearing on stage.

Remember the PS4's unveiling with that Agni's Philosophy shown a year after it was already shown? "Prease Be Excited."

Remember the PlayStation 20th Anniversary Experience at Vegas with the old low-poly PS1/PC FFVII coming to PS4? Hashimoto tilts his head back in glee.

Remember Square-Enix's E3 conference with showing the same FFVII remake trailer Sony already showed. (No. The KHIII trailer wasn't worth all those boring talks with nothing to show.)

Remember D23 when Hashimoto only showed a piece of concept art with Sora and Baymax?

None of these were new or big enough to show at a stage when it could all just be announced at an official website or an article in Famitsu or Dengeki. Anytime you see Shinji Hashimoto on at Tokyo Game Show, just walk away. It doesn't matter what he did before by meeting a Dinsey exec in a evelator. The stuff he's doing now is not worth it.
    ---
    Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
    #34 Posted: 14:19:34 09/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    @Seiki: CoM is important to the lore but it's comparable to Re:coded in that your visits to the Disney Worlds are literally just abridged versions of their events from KH1, sometimes with twists and changes here and there. I know it's explained that Sora is going through his memories that are in some cases messed up and that he's not actually visiting these worlds, but it's still exceptionally tedious to go through, especially since Sora's story in general is very slow moving until a few hours in, since it's literally just Sora and co. trying to wrap their heads around the memory warping powers of Castle Oblivion (though of course there was more to it than that...) for those first few hours.

Then in Riku's story it's even worse as literally NOTHING happens in the Disney Worlds. They are just levels that you go through with a boss at the end, and no context is given for him to go through them (even though in a lot of cases he actually did have significant memories of these worlds that could have been explored in more detail, and it would have made more sense than with Sora as unlike Sora, we didn't get to see too much from Riku's POV in KH1 so it could have been interesting new content). His story is excellent and extremely important, but you only get any of it in Hollow Bastion, Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, and the halls of Castle Oblivion.

So while CoM is important, it is still very much filled with a ton of filler. Combined with the fact that Re:CoM in particular literally re-uses a lot of assets from KH1 for these worlds rather than giving them distinct new designs or explorable locations like KH2 and BBS and DDD (in fact it heavily over simplifies them into simple rooms that are almost identical layout wise between worlds), I would say it's very much a filler game. And also my least favourite game in the franchise but that's an entirely different discussion that has more to do with the gameplay than anything (I also have not played Re:Coded or DDD yet so keep that in mind - I will be watching the Re:Coded movie on 2.5 pretty soon though as I just finished the main story of KH2FM, now I'm just going for the bonus content. I will play the actual DS game some other time, though).
    ---
    #35 Posted: 16:25:42 09/09/2015
    ^I get that but at least you get to fight Org XIII between the floors. Coded doesn't really bring up any new bosses other than a couple of Bug Boxes and a digital form of Roxas. While it is mostly a rehash of things, at least you are participating a bit with the new story having to fight the Org. members and Repliku while Coded seems to take more of a back seat to things with the actual story where Sora runs through mostly the same old thing with less worlds than before while the real story goes on in cut-scenes between worlds until about the time Castle Oblivion comes up.

I will agree it can feel a bit filler at times and is a bit mind-numbingly repetitive given every room is the same stock designs with different coats of paint, but you grow to appreciate it a bit once you play Coded. Riku's story was oddly less story oriented, and I'm not saying the game is exactly good, but that I just find Coded worse and even more filler and unneeded.
    ---
    #36 Posted: 00:14:24 11/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    So apparently the official KH website updated at some point with a story summary for KH3, and it brings up something potentially really interesting!

Quote:
    The upcoming story of KINGDOM HEARTS 3:

Believing light and darkness must remain in balance, Master Xehanort seeks to spark war against the ‘tyranny of light’ to restore equilibrium. In an effort to undermine Xehanort’s plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the “Key to Return Hearts,” while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders.

http://www.kingdomhearts.com/#us

Up to this point, it had been believed that Riku and Mickey, and Sora's gang would be searching for the other Guardians of Light, only splitting up, but it seems the two parties will have entirely different objectives. That means it's very possible we may have a Riku campaign! Which is very surprising, but it makes sense. Riku is one of the best characters in the series from a writing standpoint and is incredibly popular, so it seems deserving IMO. Also, it would be cool if King Mickey is an actual party member for him!
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:42 11/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
    #37 Posted: 00:50:48 11/09/2015
    Could be rather interesting. Don't care too much for Riku, but I do get he is pretty vital to the story.

Though they could be cruel and do like Days where you solely play as Roxas going about his things, while Riku seems to be doing important stuff for DiZ, Namine, & Mickey while fighting his own inner darkness and we only see it in some cutscenes that only seem to hint at what's going on. Even though I don't care much for Riku, I rather hope this isn't the case and wouldn't mind a campaign for him as it means more to do and more story. :D
    ---
    #38 Posted: 02:40:50 11/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    I would say Riku is one of the best written characters in the series from an objective writing-critique standpoint (and hence one of my favourites). Which is why I think a campaign for him would be great.

I'd still kinda prefer a Xehanort one, though.
    ---
    #39 Posted: 03:14:32 11/09/2015
    Larxene campaign plz *shot*

Out of the playable characters (only counting Roxas in Days), personally, my favorite was Aqua. Really enjoyed her Barrier defense move and her Cartwheel dodge. Plus rather enjoyed her character.
    ---
    #40 Posted: 03:38:19 11/09/2015 | Topic Creator
    Oh if we're talking playability, it's easily KH2FM Sora, as well as Dual Wielding Roxas and King Mickey in Days, for my favourites. Playing as Donald is also interesting, and of course Goofy is fun. I also really liked Marluxia and his scythe.

Character wise, my favourites are KH1-CoM Sora (they have butchered his character since), Roxas, Axel, Xion, Riku, Namine, Donald, Goofy, and King Mickey.

Xigbar is also my favourite Organization member besides the trio above. His voice actor and lines are golden, and his boss fight is fun. Larxene is also pretty good in that regard. Marluxia is also a good villain, though KH is full of those. And Pete and Maleficent are excellent as Disney villains too.

Haven't played BBS yet but I am looking forward to it. I have high expectations for the trio from that game.
    ---
    #41 Posted: 04:46:41 11/09/2015
    KH2 Sora was pretty fun, I did really enjoy the dual-wielding, but I mean the playability as just one point, I enjoy Aqua's character as well. A strong woman with a beautiful voice that Willa Holland did great on and who knows how to kick butt. I feel she is truly deserving of her title and showed that she would do anything for her friends.

Though if she'd simply let Terra be swallowed by the darkness at the end, we might not have as many problems as we currently have, though the fact she sacrificed herself to save him is pretty touching, especially since her last words before falling into the darkness is apologizing to Ven for not being able to come back and save him.

My fav characters would have to be Larxene & Aqua overall, but I am quite fond of Luxord (though hated his battle and how it was reduced to the likes of a mini-game). Find Larxene amazing for just being the ***** she is and lack of ****s she gives, going down calling Sora a loser til the very end. Luxord I just like his whole aspect in his belief in fate and chance. Would really like to see the Org members who aren't tied to Ansem (Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, & Marluxia) return in some way and have some more character development with them.

I agree on Sora being good, but especially in DDD, he turned into the helpless damsel in distress as opposed to the powerful force of light he was shaping up to be before. Then he almost seemed to lose a couple IQ points in 2 and just badwagoned on defeating the Nobodies from what I remember.

Not sure I like Axel all that much either. Like he's cool and all, but wouldn't mind some of the other members getting some time in the spotlight. Sure he's kinda important to the story at large, but still... Then him getting a Keyblade at the end of DDD really felt a bit Mary Sue-ish for him.
    ---
    #42 Posted: 13:04:15 11/09/2015
    My favourites are a tie between Sora and Roxas (mainly KH2 Roxas), but Roxas is topping slightly at the moment mainly because I do agree that Sora was a better character in KH1 and CoM. He was still a good character in KH2 though even though he seemed a bit more happier than usual. I'm pretty sure Sora is supposed to be more mature in KH3 though, so it makes me wonder if him being captured and not becoming a master in DDD has scared him more than we thought? Although this is more just me hoping for it to be true. What happened to Sora in DDD is a massive opportunity for him to grow and get character development from it so I hope the creators use it.
    I will see how Sora and Roxas play out in KH3 before I decide who's really my favourite. Like I said though atm I'm leaning more on Roxas. Other favourites are Aqua, Namine, Axel, Xion, King Mickey and Riku. Tbh if Sora kept his personality from the first two games he would have probably been my favourite. I'm hoping that 'more mature' means Sora in KH3 will be more like his old personality.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the trio in BBS (forgot their name). Ventus is just Roxas with Sora's personality and Terra is just meh really. Aqua is the only one I like. My favourite trio is the Sea-salt trio because it's the only trio where I love all three characters and they deserve a happy ending the most IMO.

My favourite character to play as in combat is definitely Roxas with his dual wielding ability, and KH2FM Sora in his special form that has the dual wielding ability. I love the dual wielding ok. xD

I also agree that Riku has the most character development. He's like Sasuke from Naruto done right, or rather a much better Sasuke. I like how there's a possiblity he will be playable. I also have a feeling that Roxas may get more treatment/screen time in this game, since I'm pretty sure he's the second most popular behind Sora, and if Axel and Riku have better treatment (I'm pretty sure Axel's permanent death was undone due to popularity?) due to being popular, than Roxas will probably get the treatment too, hopefully. Once again this is just me hoping. I've never liked Roxas's treatment in the franchise, or Xion's for that matter. xD

also i vote my new avatar for best avatar. i feel like reading the manga just to see these brilliant facial expressions
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:06:07 11/09/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    #43 Posted: 13:34:11 11/09/2015
    I wonder if Kairi will join Riku and Mickey to make a party of three.
    ---
    Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
    #44 Posted: 13:55:55 11/09/2015
    ^ That would probably happen actually. I'm hoping Axel, but it probably won't be. And it makes me wonder if the party (maybe even Sora's party) will slowly expand once the other characters get 'saved'.

I would also like to add that the reason why I like Roxas is mainly because of his personality (mainly KH2 personality) and his character development. We watch him go from a 'zombie' in Days to a character with personality and I found that interesting. Also because of his tragic storyline and dual wielding ability, and because imo he's the most realistic character in the game (mainly in the KH2 prologue). And also because of his Data form in Re:Coded, who is quite a jerk, but it's because of the fact that he's a nobody as well as being just data, and I think this data form gives him even more development as a character and makes him even more complex. I honestly feel like Roxas is the second character to have the most character development. I also like Sora because it was great watching him at the beginning KM struggle with the keyblade and being a 'hero' to wielding the keyblade easily and being pretty much a badass in KH2.
    ---
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:33:33 12/09/2015 by DarkCynder_543
    #45 Posted: 16:41:21 11/09/2015
    Quote: DarkCynder_543
    My favourites are a tie between Sora and Roxas (mainly KH2 Roxas), but Roxas is topping slightly at the moment mainly because I do agree that Sora was a better character in KH1 and CoM. He was still a good character in KH2 though even though he seemed a bit more happier than usual. I'm pretty sure Sora is supposed to be more mature in KH3 though, so it makes me wonder if him being captured and not becoming a master in DDD has scared him more than we thought? Although this is more just me hoping for it to be true. What happened to Sora in DDD is a massive opportunity for him to grow and get character development from it so I hope the creators use it.
    I will see how Sora and Roxas play out in KH3 before I decide who's really my favourite. Like I said though atm I'm leaning more on Roxas. Other favourites are Aqua, Namine, Axel, Xion, King Mickey and Riku. Tbh if Sora kept his personality from the first two games he would have probably been my favourite. I'm hoping that 'more mature' means Sora in KH3 will be more like his old personality.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the trio in BBS (forgot their name). Ventus is just Roxas with Sora's personality and Terra is just meh really. Aqua is the only one I like. My favourite trio is the Sea-salt trio because it's the only trio where I love all three characters and they deserve a happy ending the most IMO.

My favourite character to play as in combat is definitely Roxas with his dual wielding ability, and KH2FM Sora in his special form that has the dual wielding ability. I love the dual wielding ok. xD

I also agree that Riku has the most character development. He's like Sasuke from Naruto done right, or rather a much better Sasuke. I like how there's a possiblity he will be playable. I also have a feeling that Roxas may get more treatment/screen time in this game, since I'm pretty sure he's the second most popular behind Sora, and if Axel and Riku have better treatment (I'm pretty sure Axel's permanent death was undone due to popularity?) due to being popular, than Roxas will probably get the treatment too, hopefully. Once again this is just me hoping. I've never liked Roxas's treatment in the franchise, or Xion's for that matter. xD

also i vote my new avatar for best avatar. i feel like reading the manga just to see these brilliant facial expressions

From what I've seen, Riku & Axel seem to be 2 of the most popular characters overall. Moreso than Sora or Roxas.

Axel's death was never really permanent. When a person's Heartless & Nobody die, the whole person is reborn. Axel did die, so we now have Lea back. He just still likes to wear the black coat he had before and confuse everyone. Seeing as how all of Ansem's apprentices have returned (though Xigbar and Saix got turned back into Nobodies), I'm hoping this means all of Org 13 is back and we have a chance at seeing Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord, & Demyx as whole people.
    I feel Axel's popularity is the main reason Lea got a Keyblade in DDD, and is why I rather don't like the fact that he did.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:42 11/09/2015 by Seiki
    Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me