Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Toys-to-Life getting worse? [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 00:30:12 31/08/2015 | Topic Creator
This is not a skylanders topic, just a TtL topic in general.

I know the main problem for toy collectors of Skylanders, DI, etc. is finding all or just the characters they want, but they always get in the same figures over and over again. I think I remember it has to do with shelf space and a large supply of some figures while others were put to small amounts in later waves. Sometimes they won't even give a specific pack to some countires, like the controversy of the STT yawn traps.

Spyro's Adventure and Giants were the two best games bearing most of the figures. Then Disney INFINITY came in and cut down the amount so that workers can fit them in. I might have remembered Swap Force, released around DI, was a bit hard to find and collect figures. There was one figure I got that I've never seen since I bought it. Then one year later, Amiibo is introduced, a new DI game is out, and stores have to juggle the four skylanders games, two DI games, and Amiibo. I believe that is why Skylanders Trap Team had poor supply on many figures. I have never seen any Wave 2 figures this year, later waves were impossible to find, and I don't think I found those yawn traps as well.

Which is why I'm cut on buying new TtL games and figures, mostly in this later generation. It's getting harder and harder to find good figures. And then LEGO Dimensions comes in to make things worse. I won't get the newest Skylanders game if it's going to be like this. Also LEGO Dimensions looks great, but very pricey, so are the packs, and god knows how many packs there would be when DI 3.0, SSC, and more Amiibo come by. I'm just going to stick to used older figures for the first two Skylanders games and Disney INFINITY 1.0.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#2 Posted: 00:37:31 31/08/2015
i quit buying skylanders and toys to life figures in general at swap force.

it just got overwhelming and i decided to forget it as i was plain burned out from all the skylanders and toys to life figures that started swarming the market.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#3 Posted: 00:43:46 31/08/2015
I unofficially quit. I'm just using my massive collection from now on!
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 01:04:37 31/08/2015
I am still in the Skylander boat (I feel like supporting Skylanders is indirectly supporting Spyro so I am just that hardcore) but the amiibo struggle is real.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#5 Posted: 01:06:33 31/08/2015
Quote: Windumup
I am still in the Skylander boat (I feel like supporting Skylanders is indirectly supporting Spyro so I am just that hardcore) but the amiibo struggle is real.

Which one? Dive Bomber? Splatter Splasher? Sea Shadow?
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#6 Posted: 01:19:02 31/08/2015
Skylanders SC is my last game I'll be buying, but if someone couldn't find all the toys, couldn't they just order them online? That's what I did for most of my missing 'landers

Though, I've heard the supply was very low on a lot of STT waves, and how rare many amiibos can be, I expect this whole situation to get fixed soon enough, other than amiibo, It doesn't seem like a huge problem to me~

Quote: PwnageFTW

Ayyy I see what you did there
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:19:20 31/08/2015 by Badwolfmichael
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#7 Posted: 01:21:16 31/08/2015
Amiibo aren't rare. They are just under stocked in stores. If you go to store with a small shelf for Amiibo then you're getting jack, but if you're going to a Toys R Us there's a good chance you'll find a nice stock of toys. Skylanders and DI have the biggest space available because they came first which can explain the amount of toys they have on the shelf. Most stores weren't ready for DI or Amiibo because they built stores before any of that was announced, yet they managed to give a small amount of space to Slylanders when that came out. Hell I remember buy SSA from a small rack at GameStop, this shows how little they caste about the product. Then it got popular leading to bigger spaces for Slylanders to cash in on their fame. DI then came out splitting most shelves into half leading to more boxes not being opened. And then Amiibo came out. Pretty much the majority of stores isn't have enough space to fit them anywhere and display 10-20 figures on the shelf used for controllers. Stores did not know that toys would become so popular so they didn't make any efforts to put space in the video game isle which is pretty small.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#8 Posted: 01:33:07 31/08/2015
sP has got it on the head, for the most part. To add to that, some of these companies manufacturing the toys just don't expect them to be so popular. Nintendo have outright said they didn't predict such a big "collector fan base" (i.e. people who want to collect every single one, or people who want 2 of each, etc) to come from Amiibos. It's like, the popularity of certain Amiibo figures within the fan base is opposite to the actual character's popularity. People don't give two ****s about Wii Fit Trainer in Smash or in Wii Fit itself. But then the Amiibo comes out and suddenly everyone wants it. Can't blame Nintendo for the stock shortages when the fanbase does stuff like that.

Things are really improving, though.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#9 Posted: 01:38:25 31/08/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW

I see what you did there, well played GG
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me