Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > CHALK! CHALk! CHALK! CHALK! CHALK!
Page 1 of 1
CHALK! CHALk! CHALK! CHALK! CHALK! [CLOSED]
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#1 Posted: 01:53:06 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
CHALK-
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 02:29:32 29/08/2015
Chalk /ˈtʃɔːk/ is a soft, white, porous sedimentary carbonate rock, a form of limestone composed of the mineral calcite. Calcite is calcium carbonate or CaCO3. It forms under reasonably deep marine conditions from the gradual accumulation of minute calcite shells (coccoliths) shed from micro-organisms called coccolithophores. Flint (a type of chert unique to chalk) is very common as bands parallel to the bedding or as nodules embedded in chalk. It is probably derived from sponge spicules or other siliceous organisms as water is expelled upwards during compaction. Flint is often deposited around larger fossils such as Echinoidea which may be silicified (i.e. replaced molecule by molecule by flint).

Chalk as seen in Cretaceous deposits of Western Europe is unusual among sedimentary limestones in the thickness of the beds. Most cliffs of chalk have very few obvious bedding planes unlike most thick sequences of limestone such as the Carboniferous Limestone or the Jurassic oolitic limestones. This presumably indicates very stable conditions over tens of millions of years.

"Nitzana Chalk curves" situated at Western Negev, Israel are chalk deposits formed at the Mesozoic era's Tethys Ocean
Chalk has greater resistance to weathering and slumping than the clays with which it is usually associated, thus forming tall steep cliffs where chalk ridges meet the sea. Chalk hills, known as chalk downland, usually form where bands of chalk reach the surface at an angle, so forming a scarp slope. Because chalk is well jointed it can hold a large volume of ground water, providing a natural reservoir that releases water slowly through dry seasons.

Sidewalk chalk are typically large colored (and sometimes white or cream) sticks of chalk (calcium sulfate rather than rock chalk, calcium carbonate) mostly used for drawing on pavement or cement sidewalk. It is sometimes used by children to draw a four square court or a hopscotch board. Blackboard chalk is typically shorter.

There are several different types of sidewalk chalk, typically coming in solid-colored sticks. 3-D sidewalk chalk sets, in which each stick of chalk is created with two particular colors that appear 3-dimensional when viewed through the 3-D glasses that come with the chalk, also exist.[1]

Sidewalk chalk can be cheaply homemade.[2]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:12 29/08/2015 by Badwolfmichael
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#3 Posted: 02:33:33 29/08/2015
Rudy's got the Chalk!
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#4 Posted: 02:39:10 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon
Rudy's got the Chalk!

[User Posted Image]
________
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#5 Posted: 02:45:32 29/08/2015
Chalkzone
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
DubstepSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 381
#6 Posted: 06:38:50 29/08/2015
What happens if you put chalkboard chalk in a bucket of fresh water?
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#7 Posted: 06:40:04 29/08/2015
suddenly, shrek.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me