Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Who is your main waifu [CLOSED]
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#101 Posted: 22:29:44 23/10/2015
[User Posted Image]
good waifu here
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#102 Posted: 22:33:39 23/10/2015
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
rosalina is cash cow imo

>says this with a Spyro avatar

lmao

>implying insomniac still owns spyro
>>>/b/

That just further proves my point though.

If one company can't milk him, another will. :^)
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#103 Posted: 22:33:50 23/10/2015
^go away with the literal meme character

I'll have you know that Waluigi was my favorite character Pre-meme/BITF.

Also, of course the Mario fighter and first revealed newcomer outside of E3 is going to get more Yeah's than Greninja or Palutena or some new stage.

Plus Waluigi X Rosalina is gross. Why would you put a trash character next to Waluigi?
#104 Posted: 22:42:49 23/10/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
^go away with the literal meme character

I'll have you know that Waluigi was my favorite character Pre-meme/BITF.

Also, of course the Mario fighter and first revealed newcomer outside of E3 is going to get more Yeah's than Greninja or Palutena or some new stage.

Plus Waluigi X Rosalina is gross. Why would you put a trash character next to Waluigi?

Actually Greninja and Palutena were better received by Smash roster***s, and they normally complain about the amount of Mario characters and also spend the most time on the internet trying to dictate, so yeah it was surprising.

Not even passing fads that appeal to animu fanatics, and tryhard Smash dictators, can outshine true quality, timeless characters.
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#105 Posted: 22:44:38 23/10/2015
Cordelia

[User Posted Image]
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#106 Posted: 00:29:51 24/10/2015
Why would you put a trash character next to Waluigi?

I WILL WIPE YOU FROM THIS WORLD AND BRING FORTH ITS DEMISE
#107 Posted: 01:09:14 24/10/2015
Quote: Big Green
Why would you put a trash character next to Waluigi?

I WILL WIPE YOU FROM THIS WORLD AND BRING FORTH ITS DEMISE

Come at me.

[User Posted Image]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#108 Posted: 01:12:10 24/10/2015
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

new waifus to join my other lot
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#109 Posted: 01:28:56 24/10/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

new waifus to join my other lot

Kids like you should be burning in HELL.
---
#110 Posted: 01:31:39 24/10/2015
^ oi i'm never going genocide m8
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#111 Posted: 01:43:42 24/10/2015
#1 Waifu
[User Posted Image]
#2 waifu
[User Posted Image]
#3 Waifu
[User Posted Image]
and my 4th waifu
[User Posted Image]

I have a lot of waifu's. :O
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#112 Posted: 01:48:20 24/10/2015
y'know, some people don't have Lyndis from FE7 as their waifu

and those people are wrong
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#113 Posted: 02:09:02 24/10/2015
^ ^ NUMBER 2 IS TAKEN SORRY
---
My life is complete.
#114 Posted: 02:09:51 24/10/2015
^ oi i'm never going genocide m8

what?
---
#115 Posted: 02:50:03 24/10/2015
^
he only says that if you're doing genocide xD

_____
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:52 24/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#116 Posted: 02:57:39 24/10/2015
AAALSO

[User Posted Image]
---
My life is complete.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 5366
#117 Posted: 23:44:22 24/10/2015
I think I figured out my main waifu.

[User Posted Image]

And this is my main husbando.

[User Posted Image]
---
Boop me if you see this.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#118 Posted: 02:40:54 25/10/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
I think I figured out my main waifu.

[User Posted Image]

"Realistic" female armour. Yeck! Not as bad as a breast-less lizard-woman fetish, but not my cup of tea...
#119 Posted: 02:44:26 25/10/2015
Wait what is so horrible about 'realistic' female armour? It's way better than unpractical that armour hardly covers their breasts.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:47:40 25/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#120 Posted: 03:24:51 25/10/2015
Fine.
Main is and always will be
[User Posted Image]
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#121 Posted: 03:50:33 25/10/2015
Wait what is so horrible about 'realistic' female armour? It's way better than unpractical that armour hardly covers their breasts.

well the female form is something that should be celebrated, not shunned. Sure, chain-mail bikini, or armour that shows skin (You could even have leather armour underneath the metal armour to generate the same effect!), isn't realistic, but it's better than dehumanizing women for the sake of "realism".
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#122 Posted: 03:58:54 25/10/2015
Quote: QueenChrysalis

well the female form is something that should be celebrated, not shunned. Sure, chain-mail bikini, or armour that shows skin (You could even have leather armour underneath the metal armour to generate the same effect!), isn't realistic, but it's better than dehumanizing women for the sake of "realism".

i hope i'm just really tired and can't tell you're being sarcastic
---
tubular
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#123 Posted: 04:02:24 25/10/2015

Realistic armor is realistic in the sense that other forms of armor that women in games tend to be portrayed in would make them significantly easier to kill. Also so many games portray women in unrealistic armor that you can't fault people for wanting more realistic armor to be shown.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#124 Posted: 04:11:29 25/10/2015

Celebrating the female form is one thing but when it comes to combat, I would prefer to see a woman in realistic armor. Not as a matter of any fetish akin to lizard women, but because it truly shows her as a powerful woman ready to fight and die alongside her comrades for her cause. A true warrior able to take a punch and give one back.

The skimpy and revealing "armor" that media will portray women in such as a chain mail bikini looks like some over-sexualized and objectified female figure designed solely for the sake of inducing boners and in a real fight would die from the first hit not only because she has no armor to protect any attacks, but because it makes her look like she isn't that tough and is nothing more than the sex object is is meant to be and dehumanizes not just the female character, but women as a whole more so than realistic armor could ever do.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#125 Posted: 04:15:51 25/10/2015
also boob armor would make the opponent's sword slide right to your chest easier thus making it easier to ****in die
#126 Posted: 04:35:55 25/10/2015

I really don't see what's dehumanizing about realistic armor. It's not about shunning ourselves from the female body, it's about portraying the character in a way that can be taken more seriously.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#127 Posted: 04:56:41 25/10/2015

How the heck is not boob shaped armor, "dehumanizing"? If anything it's more effective than your bikinis (And sexuallizing armor is more closer to dehumanizing than "realistic armor", if you think about.) Heck the woman posted (Which I want to know where she is from and if I should try to find the game/anime/etc that's in) looks more badass than most armored women. Hell I don't think she cares for looks, she looks like she wants to kick some ass for her country and die along with with her fellow comrades regardless of gender. In fact with that armor I'd probably would have a hard time beating her down than a woman wearing cotton clothes, chain/leather bikinis. Honestly, I don't where you get that sort of thinking from, but it's illogical.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#128 Posted: 05:20:16 25/10/2015
I'm not going to argue about this because I know how stubborn people who worship realism are. The fact of the matter is, if all you care about is realism, keep it in the real world that you love so much! That means no women in armour in the first place! It's called Fantasy for a reason.

Also, I've already expressed my preference for a hybrid of metal armour and skin tight leather (or chain) armour. Thus retaining a decent level of protection without having to sacrifice femininity for it.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#129 Posted: 05:23:15 25/10/2015
^It's cool for you to prefer what you do and I'm not gonna stop you from liking it. Just also acknowledge that some people may prefer more realistic depictions of armor.

I personally don't really mind either way unless the game is specifically trying to be realistic, in which case realism armor is necessary.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#130 Posted: 05:23:55 25/10/2015
If using practical armor for women is dehumanizing then I guess the same applies for men too. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone. R.I.P.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#131 Posted: 05:28:32 25/10/2015
Quote: Trix Master 100

How the heck is not boob shaped armor, "dehumanizing"? If anything it's more effective than your bikinis (And sexuallizing armor is more closer to dehumanizing than "realistic armor", if you think about.) Heck the woman posted (Which I want to know where she is from and if I should try to find the game/anime/etc that's in) looks more badass than most armored women. Hell I don't think she cares for looks, she looks like she wants to kick some ass for her country and die along with with her fellow comrades regardless of gender. In fact with that armor I'd probably would have a hard time beating her down than a woman wearing cotton clothes, chain/leather bikinis. Honestly, I don't where you get that sort of thinking from, but it's illogical.

Her name is Saber from the Fate/ series. There's an anime (Fate/Stay Unlimited Blade Works) and a number of games for it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#132 Posted: 05:43:57 25/10/2015
I'm not going to argue about this because I know how stubborn people who worship realism are. The fact of the matter is, if all you care about is realism, keep it in the real world that you love so much! That means no women in armour in the first place! It's called Fantasy for a reason.

Also, I've already expressed my preference for a hybrid of metal armour and skin tight leather (or chain) armour. Thus retaining a decent level of protection without having to sacrifice femininity for it.

Or we can have a realistic themed fantasy with lady armor that works logically. Also, the woman in the picture was wearing a hybrid of dress and armor. That's just an FYI that it didn't sacrifice any "femininity" or as much as you'd like to exaggerate.

Quote: Seiki

Her name is Saber from the Fate/ series. There's an anime (Fate/Stay Unlimited Blade Works) and a number of games for it.

Oh. Are they any good? Because I would like to get into it. It really looks interesting.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#133 Posted: 05:50:43 25/10/2015

Or we can have a realistic themed fantasy with lady armor that works logically. Also, the woman in the picture was wearing a hybrid of dress and armor. That's just an FYI that it didn't sacrifice any "femininity" or as much as you'd like to exaggerate.

Oh. Are they any good? Because I would like to get into it. It really looks interesting.

I haven't played/watched it myself, but I have heard very positive things and am mildly interested in checking it out. However, I wouldn't play the games if I were you. "Fanservice" doesn't even begin to explain certain things. As far as I know, the anime lacks this and sticks to the story and action and would be a bit more enjoyable unless you're into that stuff.

Although, I don't know a lot about it admittedly, I do suggest discussing it with StriderSwag as she is a fan of the series and would be able to help you a lot more in where to start and what to watch/play.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:52:44 25/10/2015 by Seiki
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#134 Posted: 06:09:19 25/10/2015
dc543 stole my waifus someone call the waifu police
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#135 Posted: 06:18:25 25/10/2015

I'll be honest with you.

At first glance, she looked like Forte from Rune Factory 4.

[User Posted Image]
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#136 Posted: 06:47:26 25/10/2015
Queen of all waifus
[User Posted Image]

Other lesser waifus
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Man-waifus:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
#137 Posted: 06:47:27 25/10/2015

..... dammit i will never get this 'female body is something to celebrate' stuff. that was a medieval thing. it no longer exists. there's nothing great about their body that makes it better than a man's. it's unfair for males and it's hardly equality.

Also, as other users have said, having armour that hardly covers them just degrades them and makes them look like sex objects, not to mention it's harder to take them seriously.

Quote: AvatariDragon
If using practical armor for women is dehumanizing then I guess the same applies for men too. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone. R.I.P.

THIS.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:01:03 25/10/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#138 Posted: 08:32:08 25/10/2015
I think you guys are taking this a bit too seriously. It's just a preference of looks, not a question of how much protection what kind of armor offers and what is or is not unfair and/or equal.
#139 Posted: 12:40:07 25/10/2015
If the game/show/comic/etc isn't remotely realistic and is super tongue-in-cheek, then I pretty much don't care what the characters wear as long as it looks aesthetically appealing (e.g. Sora's outfit in KH1 isn't at all practical for what he's doing, but the game is quite cartoony anyway so I don't care, and at least it looks nice). If it's some kind of tongue-in-cheek power fantasy, then I don't care if the women are busty and skimpy while they fight, or if the men are half naked. Power fantasies are called that for a reason, they are supposed to wow you with impossible spectacle. That includes having a H cup woman kicking ass as if it ain't no thing.

If it is realistic to some degree, then I do expect the outfits to be decently practical. HOWEVER, that doesn't always equate to "conceal them all over in the heaviest armour possible". Different characters have different ways of fighting, and have different needs for their fighting style. A very defensive yet powerful, tank-like character should probably be in super heavy armour, male or female, but a fighter more experienced at agile movement and confusing the opponent with how nimble they are, should have exposed parts as if they wear something too heavy, they won't be able to maneuver properly.

Which is what bothers me - most people only complain about "impractical armour" if it exposes any part of the female body (people never complain about what males wear though), but they never stop to think about how the character actually fights. For example, Lightning in FFXIII-2 wears light armour that exposes her body in some areas, BUT, she is supposed to be a nimble fighter, doing back flips and jumping around and all that, with really quick sword strikes. If you gave her super heavy armour, she wouldn't be able to do that properly.

Stuff like scarves and capes are also quite impractical for combat...well, one-on-one combat, at least. People seem to forget that stuff like scarves and capes actually make sense in large scale battles, as they are an easy way of knowing where the captain of your army is. It may be impractical for actual combat, but it helps the troops identify their captain. And well, if a character is the captain of the army, leading the charge, then they are probably a really skilled fighter, and they can probably make do with the scarf or cape without it being much of hindrance.

Also I tend to not mind impractical clothing if the character is really powerful anyway, especially if they are gods or something. Like a pregnancy gown is not at all practical at all for 3D platforming or fighting, or even kart racing. But Rosalina wears one all of the time anyway. She's portrayed as ridiculously powerful in every aspect, so it kinda doesn't matter anyway. If anything, it helps emphasise her power and skill. Same can be said for many other characters. Like, for example, Jecht from Final Fantasy X wears really impractical clothing, but he's supposed to be a ridiculous powerhouse, and also really cocky. So it makes sense for his character.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:42:30 25/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 5366
#140 Posted: 17:21:01 25/10/2015

I haven't played/watched it myself, but I have heard very positive things and am mildly interested in checking it out. However, I wouldn't play the games if I were you. "Fanservice" doesn't even begin to explain certain things. As far as I know, the anime lacks this and sticks to the story and action and would be a bit more enjoyable unless you're into that stuff.

Although, I don't know a lot about it admittedly, I do suggest discussing it with StriderSwag as she is a fan of the series and would be able to help you a lot more in where to start and what to watch/play.

The Fate/Zero anime can be found on Netflix and is one of the best anime I've ever watched. Basically it's about a bunch of modern day mages who are competing in a contest for the holy grail (in this universe, the holy grail is a magical object capable of granting any wish), and each mage is able to summon a "heroic spirit" to fight alongside them. Heroic spirits are basically dead historical figures who have been revived with godlike powers. Saber is one of these heroic spirits, as is Rider (the buff guy whose picture I also posted).

I haven't seen any of the others (though I do plan to watch Unlimited Blade Works once the second season comes o Netflix) nor have I played any of the games, so I can't comment on those.

Edit: I should warn anyone thinking of watching it, though, that the violence in Fate/Zero is incredibly graphic, and a lot of it involves children. It's not a show for kids.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:01 25/10/2015 by Muffin Man
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#141 Posted: 02:29:24 06/11/2015
[User Posted Image]

Dynamo waifu
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#142 Posted: 02:39:40 06/11/2015
The Big 3:

[User Posted Image]
Saber Extra: Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC
aka Sword Girlfriend

[User Posted Image]
Cinder Fall: RWBY
aka Evil Girlfriend

[User Posted Image]
Miia: Monster Musume
aka Snake Girlfriend
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#143 Posted: 02:42:44 06/11/2015
[User Posted Image]

Sawako
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#144 Posted: 03:14:17 06/11/2015
new wafiu [User Posted Image]
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#145 Posted: 04:46:43 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Wait how many times has this topic been revived o.o?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#146 Posted: 12:01:52 06/11/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
[User Posted Image]

Dynamo waifu

OH MY GOD

SOMEONE FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THE GID OF WAIFUS

RAILGUN-SAN <3
---
My life is complete.
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#147 Posted: 05:34:52 08/11/2015

[waifus]

No Ezreal? e.e
#148 Posted: 05:50:23 08/11/2015
Quote: Sky Airglow

[waifus]

No Ezreal? e.e

Dammit, I knew I was forgetting someone.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me