Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Do you have a school club/go to one
Page 1 of 1
Do you have a school club/go to one [CLOSED]
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 01:52:28 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Rush Week (an event at my school that marks the official start of clubs by having every club have a different booth and try to get more members) hasn't started yet but I almost have everything ready. Me, my friend Lexi, and her two friends already got our teacher sponsor for our Gaming club.(So glad I have a Robotics teacher who is a gamer, easiest club sponsor ever!) We still haven't decided who will be Prez and Vice Prez yet though but luckily we still have some time to decide.

Anyways what school clubs do guys have/go to at your guys schools?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 01:57:46 24/08/2015
What is a school club
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#3 Posted: 02:02:26 24/08/2015
Well, last year I was in the Anime Club which was a complete joke. Since I'm moving to the 11th-12th Grade School, they don't have that club anyone. One that was kinda intereting was the Gay-Straight Alliance but idk, i feel weird about joining that and would kinda rather not.

I tend to not branch out into clubs at school and instead focus on the stress of school.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#4 Posted: 02:02:30 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: weebbby
What is a school club

How do you not know what a school club is?
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#5 Posted: 02:02:32 24/08/2015
Gaming club sounds dumb.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#6 Posted: 02:04:01 24/08/2015
Quote: Windumup
Quote: weebbby
What is a school club

How do you not know what a school club is?

Sarcasm as mine doesn't really have any

We had an anime club
And we have a chess club which is basically just like one of the sports but with chess so not really anything.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:45 24/08/2015 by weebbby
#7 Posted: 02:05:27 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonCamo
Well, last year I was in the Anime Club which was a complete joke. Since I'm moving to the 11th-12th Grade School, they don't have that club anyone. One that was kinda intereting was the Gay-Straight Alliance but idk, i feel weird about joining that and would kinda rather not.

I tend to not branch out into clubs at school and instead focus on the stress of school.

Oh cool, originally our plan was to make an anime club but we figured a gaming club would be a lot more fun. Also my school has a Gay-Straight Alliance club as well (I am guessing they are common but idk)

Quote: somePerson
Gaming club sounds dumb.

coughEsportsgetsusoutofgymeventhoughIdon'thaveagymperiodcough
---
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#8 Posted: 02:10:03 24/08/2015
I was part of a religious organization last year but since I'm probably gonna be really busy this semester I don't plan on going back much. There are a couple other clubs I've been interested in joining but probably won't actually take part in. Maybe next semester.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#9 Posted: 02:11:47 24/08/2015

Oh cool, originally our plan was to make an anime club but we figured a gaming club would be a lot more fun. Also my school has a Gay-Straight Alliance club as well (I am guessing they are common but idk)

Gaming club sounds dumb.

How does that make any sense?
#10 Posted: 02:18:15 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator

Gaming club sounds dumb.

Esports are starting to be considered actual sports, "Sport" clubs get training time with the team as substitute for P.E. on certain days regardless of what kind of sport it is. Idk how exactly that would work if the team has different P.E. periods though since I never really was on a sport club before.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#11 Posted: 02:19:26 24/08/2015
I'm going into college in a week, I'm hoping to join an acapella group.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#12 Posted: 02:23:05 24/08/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

Omg that's so awesome!
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#13 Posted: 02:26:40 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator

That's nice, I hope you manage to join one.
---
#14 Posted: 02:31:26 24/08/2015

Esports are starting to be considered actual sports, "Sport" clubs get training time with the team as substitute for P.E. on certain days regardless of what kind of sport it is. Idk how exactly that would work if the team has different P.E. periods though since I never really was on a sport club before.

Why the **** are there Esports in High School? This is setting bad example for children.
#15 Posted: 02:37:00 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator

Why the **** are there Esports in High School? This is setting bad example for children.

Because there can be a gamer club, and the gamer club may want to play esports. We have high speed computers now unlike last year,
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#16 Posted: 02:41:10 24/08/2015

Will I be seeing you in Pitch Perfect
#17 Posted: 02:43:15 24/08/2015
Quote: CommanderGame

Will I be seeing you in Pitch Perfect

You already have, I'm the sex obsessed one.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#18 Posted: 03:16:11 24/08/2015
im gonna try art club but idk
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#19 Posted: 04:59:38 24/08/2015

Gaming club sounds dumb.

*cough* eSports don't count as Physical Education so how would they get you out of class, you lazy neckbeard *cough*

In all seriousness, why do people hate Gym class lol. If I wasn't going for classes that I need for University/Raise Weighted GPA/Better looking Transcript, I would be taking Weightlifting this year lol (gym in the actual weight room)
----------
On topic though, I participate in DECA, 3rd year this year, still attempting to get to State Comp finals and make it to Nationals.
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:24:01 24/08/2015 by TacoMakerSkys
#20 Posted: 05:12:21 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Gaming club sounds dumb.

*cough* eSports don't count as Physical Education so how would they get you out of class, you lazy neckbeard *cough*

In all seriousness, why do people have Gym class lol. If I wasn't going for classes that I need for University/Raise Weighted GPA/Better looking Transcript, I would be taking Weightlifting this year lol (gym in the actual weight room)
----------
On topic though, I participate in DECA, 3rd year this year, still attempting to get to State Comp finals and make it to Nationals.

Because recently eSports are starting to get more and more treated as an actual sport. And the school gives sport clubs (regardless of sport) a free pass out of gym class so they can go practice for said sport.
The U.S. actually now recognizes eSport gamers as professional athletes so there eSports are considered sports
Especially since the talent, skill, and determination of eSport gamers mirror that of real sport athletes.
---
#21 Posted: 05:23:31 24/08/2015

In all seriousness, why do people have Gym class lol. If I wasn't going for classes that I need for University/Raise Weighted GPA/Better looking Transcript, I would be taking Weightlifting this year lol (gym in the actual weight room)
----------

Because recently eSports are starting to get more and more treated as an actual sport. And the school gives sport clubs (regardless of sport) a free pass out of gym class so they can go practice for said sport.
The U.S. actually now recognizes eSport gamers as professional athletes so there eSports are considered sports
Especially since the talent, skill, and determination of eSport gamers mirror that of real sport athletes.

I understand that, but Physical Education, hence known as GYM Class, isn't supposed to be counted as a sport, but as PHYSICAL EDUCATION. There really shouldn't be a reason for Afterschool Sports (including eSports) to be given the free period when they have time to practice afterschool (yes there's such thing as practice afterschool).
---
words. letters. filler.
#22 Posted: 05:30:57 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator

----------

I understand that, but Physical Education, hence known as GYM Class, isn't supposed to be counted as a sport, but as PHYSICAL EDUCATION. There really shouldn't be a reason for Afterschool Sports (including eSports) to be given the free period when they have time to practice afterschool (yes there's such thing as practice afterschool).

And they can practice basketball after school as well, they still get a free period. They are both sports so why should we treat either one differently then the other? I wasn't the one that told the school to give sport clubs a free period for practice, that was THEIR choice.
---
#23 Posted: 05:44:14 24/08/2015

And they can practice basketball after school as well, they still get a free period. They are both sports so why should we treat either one differently then the other? I wasn't the one that told the school to give sport clubs a free period for practice, that was THEIR choice.

Because one requires physical movement
Unless you're doing DDR or Wii Sports eSports.
#24 Posted: 05:47:17 24/08/2015

This. Sitting on your ass in a chair shouldn't count as an excuse to be excused from PHYSICAL EDUCATION. (do not ****ing bring up "ESPORTS ARE SPORTS ALSO NOW" because i ****ing know that and i'm not opposed to that concept)
---
words. letters. filler.
#25 Posted: 06:12:43 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator

Wii eSports, sounds like an epic parody.

But regardless, there are some physical aspects to eSports. Typing quickly is technically physical movements with the hands
---
#26 Posted: 06:25:15 24/08/2015

But regardless, there are some physical aspects to eSports. Typing quickly is technically physical movements with the hands

But it barely requires any physical exertion.
If eSports were actually a club, there's no way you'd get it as a physical education credit. It requires about the same amount of energy as a Science Bowl team member would need.
#27 Posted: 06:36:29 24/08/2015

[User Posted Image]

YOU DON'T TYPE QUICKLY IN ESPORTS OMF.
---
words. letters. filler.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me